Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pineville
0%
Middlesboro
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville at Middlesboro 10/11
Pineville vs Middlesboro. Thoughts?
Middlesboro 42-7
Middlesboro with a running clock,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cult of Dudley's post:
  • Old School 18
Middlesboro with a running clock
middlesboro by 40. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the last win for the jackets this year.
(10-09-2024, 03:09 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: middlesboro by 40. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the last win for the jackets this year.

You also predicted they would be lucky to win 1-2 games all season long. Their at 3 right now. And about to get their 4th win and be competing for a district championship next week in a winnable game. Which makes you wrong already.
As the 1 or 2 seed, they also have a good chance to win a playoff game.
Jackets keep improving and (hopefully) stay healthy…

Jackets - 35
Mountin’ Lines - 12
(10-10-2024, 02:25 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(10-09-2024, 03:09 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: middlesboro by 40. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the last win for the jackets this year.

You also predicted they would be lucky to win 1-2 games all season long. Their at 3 right now. And about to get their 4th win and be competing for a district championship next week in a winnable game. Which makes you wrong already.
If you take the time i said they might be a 1-2 win team. But they took care of business and will get to 4 wins. At the time of that post, pineville had only played rock, clay, and brossart, so i still had it as a toss up. They have proved to be one of the worst teams in the state. Holy cross was a 14-12 win and i had that going either way as well.  Middlesboro does not beat williamsburg. They will host either paintsville or hazard first round. Both losses. But yes let’s bring up old takes from over a month ago because it helps us cope with being back to below mediocre. And please keep your head up high for the mighty mighty middlesboro yellow jackets having a great season beating holy cross, pineville, lynn camp, and harlan. Quite the impressive season….
(10-11-2024, 07:30 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

If you take the time i said they might be a 1-2 win team. But they took care of business and will get to 4 wins. At the time of that post, pineville had only played rock, clay, and brossart, so i still had it as a toss up. They have proved to be one of the worst teams in the state. Holy cross was a 14-12 win and i had that going either way as well.  Middlesboro does not beat williamsburg. They will host either paintsville or hazard first round. Both losses. But yes let’s bring up old takes from over a month ago because it helps us cope with being back to below mediocre. And please keep your head up high for the mighty mighty middlesboro yellow jackets having a great season beating holy cross, pineville, lynn camp, and harlan. Quite the impressive season….

You predicted Middlesboro would win 1-2 games all year long. Therefore my theory of saying you was gonna be wrong couldn’t be proven until they got past the 1-2 win mark. Where a 1A school with alot of injuries and Freshman and Sophomore’s getting PT. Your best win is against Rockcastle so slow your role acting like you’ve went through murders row to get where your at. Even tho i will say your team is playing a hell of alot better than mine but still doesn’t change the fact that you got your panties in a wad and got into your feelings because i called you out on a little “I told ya so bet’ that we had.
(10-12-2024, 12:38 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:

You predicted Middlesboro would win 1-2 games all year long. Therefore my theory of saying you was gonna be wrong couldn’t be proven until they got past the 1-2 win mark. Where a 1A school with alot of injuries and Freshman and Sophomore’s getting PT. Your best win is against Rockcastle so slow your role acting like you’ve went through murders row to get where your at. Even tho i will say your team is playing a hell of alot better than mine but still doesn’t change the fact that you got your panties in a wad and got into your feelings because i called you out on a little “I told ya so bet’ that we had.
Imma say there’s a few people with their panties in a wad after tonight’s fun escapades. Let’s not bring up another team- that is a fully-functional, very-respectable, talented football team with a bright future and plays many freshman’s and sophomores as well against teams that actually have a pulse- in a thread where we should discuss what type of absolute disgrace these two programs continually put on the field.

In my opinion it has to be 1. Ali/Frazier 2. Tyson/Holyfield 3. Lions/Jackets. Glad the best of our county showed its rear end tonight but jokes aside, I pray everyone that acted with bad character gets punished accordingly. That is unacceptable behavior from coaches, players, and fans. Tonight is absolutely a shame on our community, but in all honestly, who would put it past these two schools. Also known as, the two black eyes of bell county. 
(10-12-2024, 01:19 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

Imma say there’s a few people with their panties in a wad after tonight’s fun escapades. Let’s not bring up another team- that is a fully-functional, very-respectable, talented football team with a bright future and plays many freshman’s and sophomores as well against teams that actually have a pulse- in a thread where we should discuss what type of absolute disgrace these two programs continually put on the field.

In my opinion it has to be 1. Ali/Frazier 2. Tyson/Holyfield 3. Lions/Jackets. Glad the best of our county showed its rear end tonight but jokes aside, I pray everyone that acted with bad character gets punished accordingly. That is unacceptable behavior from coaches, players, and fans. Tonight is absolutely a shame on our community, but in all honestly, who would put it past these two schools. Also known as, the two black eyes of bell county. 

Its ok ive learned my lesson on arguing with people that cant admit when they where wrong. Also you dont start alot of freshman and sophomore’s like middlesboro. Everyone knows Bel has anywhere from 3-4 seniors starting along with just about all Juniors. Either way its not like your so called respctable program that pulled a all time hosing week 2 in order to keep your team alive is perfect. I can assure you that your team along with Both other 1A teams in the county wont be bringing no title home soon. I wouldn’t be suprised if you dont struggle with Lawrence second round but about like the last bet you was wrong on. Only time will tell. Btw who’s the group of freshman and sophomore’s that bell supposedly starts?

And Black eye on the county? Are we not including the worst black eye of them all which was the Bell County players back in 2016-17’s SA charges that got swept under the rug even tho it was put on FB live during a party for whoever to see this poor  soul getting assaulted. But i dont know why i even brought that up. Im assuming a narcissist like yourself probably finds a way to justify this happening and the players getting to play the following week without even being punished.
Was this game called early for some reason? If so what happened so bad to stop a game in progress?

The game was called due to players getting in a scuffle and one sides fans or parents one hopped the fence and started swinging on players which made everything alot worse.
Oh wow, the hopping the fence part and fighting is crazy. So this game is shortened and Middlesboro cancelled another game. That sucks for the kids especially the seniors. Did they pick up a game on their bye week to move them back to 10 games, nothing is on the khsaa schedule?
(10-12-2024, 09:43 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(10-10-2024, 02:25 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: You also predicted they would be lucky to win 1-2 games all season long. Their at 3 right now. And about to get their 4th win and be competing for a district championship next week in a winnable game. Which makes you wrong already.

Its ok ive learned my lesson on arguing with people that cant admit when they where wrong. Also you dont start alot of freshman and sophomore’s like middlesboro. Everyone knows Bel has anywhere from 3-4 seniors starting along with just about all Juniors. Either way its not like your so called respctable program that pulled an all time hosing week 2 in order to keep your team alive is perfect. I can assure you that your team along with Both other 1A teams in the county wont be bringing no title home soon. I wouldn’t be suprised if you dont struggle with Lawrence second round but about like the last bet you was wrong on. Only time will tell. Btw who’s the group of freshman and sophomore’s that bell supposedly starts?
#4 logan green, freshman, OLB since game 2 and plays just under half the snaps on offense. 
56 Spencer Phipps, Sophomore barely comes off the field both ways on the line. Including being crucial in the road to state last year as a freshman. 
73, Starting center, aiden warren. Soph. Steps right onto the field and the bell front has had zero issues. 
9, Nathaniel Saylor, comes in when they spread it out, and has played crucial in special teams as a returner and in the secondary when others were injured early in the year. Probably one of the most explosive players on the team. 
I can keep going. Having young guys playing is not an excuse after 5-6 weeks, because they are able to adapt and learn very quickly with no bad habits. I seen a lot of guys with bad habits at bradner stadium on friday.

(10-12-2024, 01:23 PM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(10-10-2024, 02:25 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: You also predicted they would be lucky to win 1-2 games all season long. Their at 3 right now. And about to get their 4th win and be competing for a district championship next week in a winnable game. Which makes you wrong already.

And Black eye on the county? Are we not including the worst black eye of them all which was the Bell County players back in 2016-17’s SA charges that got swept under the rug even tho it was put on FB live during a party for whoever to see this poor  soul getting assaulted. But i dont know why i even brought that up. Im assuming a narcissist like yourself probably finds a way to justify this happening and the players getting to play the following week without even being punished.
Yes let’s bring this up in a forum about Middlesboro. It’s unbelievable how much Bell County lives rent free in everyone’s minds in the crater. When that assault happened, the legal process was separate than what happened on the field. What happened in that case is sickening, but coaches were dismissed at the end of that season, and charges were filed. I really don’t know how that’s sweeping it under the rug. And just for your information, the head coach at the time who was dismissed from the school has now been hired at 3 SCHOOLS in our region after that incident. Maybe just maybe we should be more judgmental of those hiring. 

And back to the topic of this thread, will Middlesboro just forfeit next week in their district championship? With the kids on the field and the ones that left the sideline, can the field a team?
Oh look who wants to act classy all of a sudden after you where the one on a Middlesboro Pineville thread running Your mouth about both programs being a disgrace and a balck eye on the county due to the teams we field. Did you forget we where in a regional championship game and lost to the eventual state champs of our class just last year?
You started this bogas talk that got us onto these nasty subjects by acting like middlesboro and pineville was the only schools in the county that had ever done something to make the county look bad which certainly isnt true. Which is why i had to check you with your comment. Last i checked middlesboro and pineville hasnt been on probation, At least no time withing the last 25 years that I know of. And im not saying your lying about all those underclassman getting to play but their is a difference in rotating and starting multuple 15 year olds.
(10-13-2024, 05:23 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 09:43 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(10-11-2024, 07:30 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: If you take the time i said they might be a 1-2 win team. But they took care of business and will get to 4 wins. At the time of that post, pineville had only played rock, clay, and brossart, so i still had it as a toss up. They have proved to be one of the worst teams in the state. Holy cross was a 14-12 win and i had that going either way as well.  Middlesboro does not beat williamsburg. They will host either paintsville or hazard first round. Both losses. But yes let’s bring up old takes from over a month ago because it helps us cope with being back to below mediocre. And please keep your head up high for the mighty mighty middlesboro yellow jackets having a great season beating holy cross, pineville, lynn camp, and harlan. Quite the impressive season….

Its ok ive learned my lesson on arguing with people that cant admit when they where wrong. Also you dont start alot of freshman and sophomore’s like middlesboro. Everyone knows Bel has anywhere from 3-4 seniors starting along with just about all Juniors. Either way its not like your so called respctable program that pulled an all time hosing week 2 in order to keep your team alive is perfect. I can assure you that your team along with Both other 1A teams in the county wont be bringing no title home soon. I wouldn’t be suprised if you dont struggle with Lawrence second round but about like the last bet you was wrong on. Only time will tell. Btw who’s the group of freshman and sophomore’s that bell supposedly starts?
#4 logan green, freshman, OLB since game 2 and plays just under half the snaps on offense. 
56 Spencer Phipps, Sophomore barely comes off the field both ways on the line. Including being crucial in the road to state last year as a freshman. 
73, Starting center, aiden warren. Soph. Steps right onto the field and the bell front has had zero issues. 
9, Nathaniel Saylor, comes in when they spread it out, and has played crucial in special teams as a returner and in the secondary when others were injured early in the year. Probably one of the most explosive players on the team. 
I can keep going. Having young guys playing is not an excuse after 5-6 weeks, because they are able to adapt and learn very quickly with no bad habits. I seen a lot of guys with bad habits at bradner stadium on friday.

(10-14-2024, 02:33 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Oh look who wants to act classy all of a sudden after you where the one on a Middlesboro Pineville thread running Your mouth about both programs being a disgrace and a balck eye on the county due to the teams we field. Did you forget we where in a regional championship game and lost to the eventual state champs of our class just last year?
You started this bogas talk that got us onto these nasty subjects by acting like middlesboro and pineville was the only schools in the county that had ever done something to make the county look bad which certainly isnt true. Which is why i had to check you with your comment. Last i checked middlesboro and pineville hasnt been on probation, At least no time withing the last 25 years that I know of. And im not saying your lying about all those underclassman getting to play but their is a difference in rotating and starting multuple 15 year olds.
Everyone I mentioned starts minus the one kid, who may be the most dynamic. I can come onto any thread and speak the facts and my opinion on the situation. Having a bench clearing brawl during high school football game is a black eye. Same way how it was a black eye for what bell county did at breathitt 7 ish years ago. The stuff shouldn’t happen, and no matter who says anything, it’s fault is on both programs for allowing that to be apart of the culture. It should not be swept under the rug either on both sides. 

Congrats on your region finals appearance, Hang a banner. We’re all impressed.
Hang one for your District runner up last year ?
(10-16-2024, 03:35 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: Hang one for your District runner up last year ?
We played at kroger. Sorry our district championship doesn’t come down to beating williamsburg. and once again, those who celebrates district championships are bottom feeders.
(10-16-2024, 04:13 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(10-16-2024, 03:35 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: Hang one for your District runner up last year ?
We played at kroger. Sorry our district championship doesn’t come down to beating williamsburg. and once again, those who celebrates district championships are bottom feeders.

So your better at being 2nd? Congratulations. 2nd in distress 2nd in state. Pretty sure u dont get a ring for getting to kroger but congratulations. Btw Middlesboro has been to quite a few state championships before we won ours in 98. And u dont hear our fans gloating about it because no ones cares about who the runner up was. Well besides certain fans from certain fan bases.
(10-16-2024, 04:13 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [quote="Old School 18" pid="2476136" dateline="1729103744"]
Hang one for your District runner up last year ?
[/quote

DISTRICT
(Yesterday, 01:53 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:

So your better at being 2nd? Congratulations. 2nd in distress 2nd in state. Pretty sure u dont get a ring for getting to kroger but congratulations. Btw Middlesboro has been to quite a few state championships before we won ours in 98. And u dont hear our fans gloating about it because no ones cares about who the runner up was. Well besides certain fans from certain fan bases.
You were legit bragging about a district championship. How can you brag about a district championship in the easiest district in the state across all classes, and then can talk crap about actually playing after thanksgiving. 

Oh yeah I forgot you did play after thanksgiving… TWICE THIS MILLENNIUM. AND BOTH THOSE WERE WHAT 40-50 point losses. But enjoy that turkey in a few weeks since you won’t have a game the next day.
I see no problem in being proud of a state runner up. Obviously the goal is to win it all but runner up is a huge accomplishment for any team/program. Bell Co has one of the best football programs around year in and year out. Middlesboro has had some good years just not sustained for decades like Bell.
(Yesterday, 11:40 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

You were legit bragging about a district championship. How can you brag about a district championship in the easiest district in the state across all classes, and then can talk crap about actually playing after thanksgiving. 

Oh yeah I forgot you did play after thanksgiving… TWICE THIS MILLENNIUM. AND BOTH THOSE WERE WHAT 40-50 point losses. But enjoy that turkey in a few weeks since you won’t have a game the next day.

(Yesterday, 12:33 PM)fansville Wrote: I see no problem in being proud of a state runner up. Obviously the goal is to win it all but runner up is a huge accomplishment for any team/program. Bell Co has one of the best football programs around year in and year out. Middlesboro has had some good years just not sustained for decades like Bell.

MIDDLESBORO is one of the winningest teams in the history of the state. Number 11 alltime which is higher than anyone in the mountains if u don’t include Ashland Blazor which most don’t. And thats after going through a rough stretch. Bell isn’t top 20. They have 2 state championships to our 1. Props on that. We also have more regionals, districts and we lead the Alltime series between both teams.. Sometimes i think Bell gets caught up in thinking their Belfry with 7,8, 9 state titles to our 1.
Ok I didn’t realize we were going with entire school history dating back over 100yrs. I guess I should have said in the last few decades. Since 1990, Bell Co is way ahead on wins & win % that you brought up. Over the last 34 seasons (because that’s as far back as khsaa had records listed online), Bell is winning an average of just over 3 more games per season than Middlesboro. I added Corbin in for comparison sake but as you can see Bell is clearly leading the pack.

Since 1990-2023 (34 seasons)
Bell
90s: 110-24
2000’s: 104–24
2010’s: 96-33
2020’s: 39-12
Total: 349-93 : 78.96%

Corbin
90s: 74-45
2000’s: 100-33
2010’s: 96-35
2020’s: 46-5
Total: 316-118 : 72.81%

Middlesboro
90s: 87-36
2000’s: 83-41
2010’s: 41-71-1
2020’s: 35-9
Total: 246-157-1 : 60.89%
I think you could divide it up comparing old Bell High School to the new Bell in 1984.
Bell has dominated since the new school opened.
Middlesboro seemed pretty dominant before that.
If you grew up in the 70s, Middlesboro and Corbin were the two top programs in southeastern Kentucky.

In my book, finishing as state runner up is a huge accomplishment.
Middlesboro won a district last year and Bell didn't, but Bell won a region. A region is bigger/better.
(10 hours ago)Old School 18 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 11:40 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

(Yesterday, 12:33 PM)fansville Wrote: I see no problem in being proud of a state runner up. Obviously the goal is to win it all but runner up is a huge accomplishment for any team/program. Bell Co has one of the best football programs around year in and year out. Middlesboro has had some good years just not sustained for decades like Bell.

MIDDLESBORO is one of the winningest teams in the history of the state. Number 11 alltime which is higher than anyone in the mountains if u don’t include Ashland Blazor which most don’t. And thats after going through a rough stretch. Bell isn’t top 20. They have 2 state championships to our 1. Props on that. We also have more regionals, districts and we lead the Alltime series between both teams.. Sometimes i think Bell gets caught up in thinking their Belfry with 7,8, 9 state titles to our 1.
Dude has been a school since the dawn of time and thinks it matters. You really gonna count the wins middlesboro had when the African American players couldn’t even go to school there? Look at the rivalry record, and the straight up stats since 1984 when BELL COUNTY BECAME A SCHOOL.