Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
63.64%
Leslie County
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County at Leslie County 10/18
Breathitt County vs Leslie County. Thoughts?
I think this is going to be a good football game. Collett will have to play a monster game for the Eagles to pull it out, but I think it's possible.

I'll be keeping a eye on this one.

Breathitt wins, 35-28.
Depends on which Breathitt team shows up. If play how they have last two games be good game. They play with fire like did vs Hazard I think win by 3 tds. If they don’t contain Lesile QB it going be hard win on road. Hopefully the Bobcats can get much needed win . They have to much potential to be losing games the way losing. People blame on coach but not the one missing tackles and blocking assignments. They have be better than what been showing and play with pride and heart. I think more confidence they get they will improve drastically.
(10-13-2024, 10:19 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Depends on which Breathitt team shows up. If play how they have last two games be good game. They play with fire like did vs Hazard I think win by 3 tds. If they don’t contain Lesile QB it going be hard win on road. Hopefully the Bobcats can get much needed win . They have to much potential to be losing games the way losing. People blame on coach but not the one missing tackles and blocking assignments. They have be better than what been showing and play with pride and heart. I think more confidence they get they will improve drastically.

Everyone keeps saying Breathitt is young.  Isn’t the senior class this year the ones that three years ago everyone kept saying:

“Breathitt will be back, when these kids mature”?

Could it be that the Breathitt kids were just a little over hyped?  I don’t know.  Some say it’s lack of discipline and coaching; others say it’s kids not performing- which could go back to coaching.  Now, it’s also-“they are young”, again.

But maybe they just aren’t that talented and the coaches and kids are doing their best….
[-] The following 3 users Like ROTC's post:
  • Buford T Justice, TheRampageRooster, Walt Longmire
Breathitt is atleast10 points better than Leslie, unfortunately for them this game is at Leslie. Leslie 27 Breathitt 21
(10-15-2024, 04:32 PM)FallRock Wrote: Breathitt is atleast10 points better than Leslie, unfortunately for them this game is at Leslie.  Leslie 27 Breathitt 21
Here we go again. I’m sure Breathitt will bring their own referees so you should be ok with that 10 points better crap.  Maybe they’ll bring the ones who missed two key calls in Leslie’s home loss to Prestonsburg. Maybe the ones who missed a few key calls in Leslie’s home loss against Clay Co.  This nonsense of Leslie getting home cooking is getting old.
I say Breathitt 31-24 Breathitt co usually has good middle school teams but they never live up to the hype in high school. It seems like the kids are fully grown and mature and never get any better. I remember last year that Qb they have ran all over Somerset in the middle school play offs. I realize he is a freshman but I don’t think that kid is going to get much bigger he will no doubt get stronger and better but I don’t think he will be a dominant Qb at the high school level. He does not like contact at all. The other kids that are seniors now they were good in middle school but I think their cups were full in 8th grade. These kids mature early and they play really good but when everyone else catches up they are just average players at best. I don’t know if the kids are not putting in the work in the off season or coaches not working with skill players to get that extra step to be difference makers. Breathitt is always gonna have big kids that’s just in the water there but they are missing athletic speedy kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buford T Justice's post:
  • TheRampageRooster
Kinda what I was wondering! However, Breathitt has never been known as a producer of “big kids”. I can take you on a stroll down memory lane… all the way back to the days of Ricky Brewer, Tim Noble, Kevin Calhoun, Jadon Plummer, Tony Turner….. their o/lines were never big dominant guys. Now, occasionally they would have a “big guy”-(Rich McCune) come through; but they were the exception; NOT the rule.

When Breathitt last ran the wishbone FULL TIME; their two backs(Joe Henson and Buddy Baker) probably had a higher squat/bench combo than any two starting linemen!
Breathitt has beat Leslie the past 4 years by an average of 30 each time. Outscoring them by 185-65. Last year 48-14. Leslie may be much improved but I’m going with Breathitt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Buford T Justice
BC
I’m going to have to go with Leslie just because it’s at Leslie. I don’t think they will get the calls it’s just because teams play better at home, plus breathitt can’t tackle worth a crap.
Breathitt by at least two scores. Their line will be better than Leslie’s and their backs will run all over them.
Breathitt is the better team, but as State bound mentioned earlier, what team is going to show up? The Bobcats need to lean a little more heavy on their run game, and this will take some much needed pressure off their freshman QB. Breathitt has ran the ball pretty well on every team they have played, and that's saying something considering the schedule they have played. Against Leslie, they will have a significant advantage up front, and they need to exploit that early and often. Sperry is a match up problem on the outside and he needs his targets, but it all starts with the running game. Defensively, Breathitt just can't seem to do the little things right. Too many missed tackles and blown assignments. If improvements aren't made during the bye week, Leslie is very capable of winning this game, especially with the play maker they have at QB. I feel like their tough schedule will finally pay off this week and they take care of business on the road. Breathitt wins 35-21.
Leslie is 2 plays from being undefeated this season. They always get hosed at home from the refs. So homefield advantage isn't an advantage for Leslie. I think Leslie's receiving core is much much better than breathitt young secondary. You also have one of the fastest if not the fastest QBin the mountains 4.5 40yd dash in Landry Collett. If breathitt can't contain him it could by a huge night for him as well. Leslie Defense has averaged giving up 17 points per game. Breathitt will be one of the better teams Leslie has faced in the schedule to this point other than Clay. so will be a very close game IMO.

Leslie-30
Breathitt-21
(10-15-2024, 07:10 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: I say Breathitt 31-24 Breathitt co usually has good middle school teams but they never live up to the hype in high school. It seems like the kids are fully grown and mature and never get any better. I remember last year that Qb they have ran all over Somerset in the middle school play offs. I realize he is a freshman but I don’t think that kid is going to get much bigger he will no doubt get stronger and better but I don’t think he will be a dominant Qb at the high school level. He does not like contact at all. The other kids that are seniors now they were good in middle school but I think their cups were full in 8th grade. These kids mature early and they play really good but when everyone else catches up they are just average players at best. I don’t know if the kids are not putting in the work in the off season or coaches not working with skill players to get that extra step to be difference makers. Breathitt is always gonna have big kids that’s just in the water there but they are missing athletic speedy kids.
People don’t realize the amount kids Breathitt has lost to transfer and kids moving and just no longer play. We don’t live in city like Somerset were u steal kids from other schools. That plays big part !!! Qb Kid a lot tougher u think he weighs 140 lbs soaking wet they don’t want him  contact because kid played with chip bone in his back all year.  Done really good for freshman in my opinion.Kid had heck of season so far u must only seen him one game .
(10-15-2024, 04:18 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 10:19 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Depends on which Breathitt team shows up. If play how they have last two games be good game. They play with fire like did vs Hazard I think win by 3 tds. If they don’t contain Lesile QB it going be hard win on road. Hopefully the Bobcats can get much needed win . They have to much potential to be losing games the way losing. People blame on coach but not the one missing tackles and blocking assignments. They have be better than what been showing and play with pride and heart. I think more confidence they get they will improve drastically.

Everyone keeps saying Breathitt is young.  Isn’t the senior class this year the ones that three years ago everyone kept saying:

“Breathitt will be back, when these kids mature”?

Could it be that the Breathitt kids were just a little over hyped?  I don’t know.  Some say it’s lack of discipline and coaching; others say it’s kids not performing- which could go back to coaching.  Now, it’s also-“they are young”, again.

But maybe they just aren’t that talented and the coaches and kids are doing their best….
They have 3 sr on team that play right now. You lose 4 kids that was supposed start defense this year due to accident and another to injury . You take 4 key members of your team that were leaders and replace them with freshman on any 2A team how would effect a team? I don’t think over hype no one hype them up this year.and oh yeah 2 them are rb on offense that would help tremendously . Also To top it off this hardest schedule breathitt ever played ever!!! Is this team better than they showing yes!!! 

I just like see them play up to ability. What hurts don’t have sr leadership that combs boys brought to defense. If something bad happens never know how they respond. A lot times just drop head like here we go. If they just play through stuff. 
Yes they are young at key position. You have freshman QB and Leading rusher is freshman and one top wr is freshman and RT is freshman. So not sure if just try poke at this but yes they pretty young . Lose one kid on offense and 2-3 on defense.
I was just mulling the possibilities…

Not trying to poke at anyone or anything.
(Yesterday, 02:03 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:
(10-15-2024, 07:10 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: I say Breathitt 31-24 Breathitt co usually has good middle school teams but they never live up to the hype in high school. It seems like the kids are fully grown and mature and never get any better. I remember last year that Qb they have ran all over Somerset in the middle school play offs. I realize he is a freshman but I don’t think that kid is going to get much bigger he will no doubt get stronger and better but I don’t think he will be a dominant Qb at the high school level. He does not like contact at all. The other kids that are seniors now they were good in middle school but I think their cups were full in 8th grade. These kids mature early and they play really good but when everyone else catches up they are just average players at best. I don’t know if the kids are not putting in the work in the off season or coaches not working with skill players to get that extra step to be difference makers. Breathitt is always gonna have big kids that’s just in the water there but they are missing athletic speedy kids.
People don’t realize the amount kids Breathitt has lost to transfer and kids moving and just no longer play. We don’t live in city like Somerset were u steal kids from other schools. That plays big part !!! Qb Kid a lot tougher u think he weighs 140 lbs soaking wet they don’t want him  contact because kid played with chip bone in his back all year.  Done really good for freshman in my opinion.Kid had heck of season so far u must only seen him one game Actually Somerset does not have one single kid that they have STOLEN from somebody else. Every kid on the team has played through the Somerset feeder program their entire life. Somerset never gets any kids that’s transfer in that are game changers. They may from time to time get somebody from southwestern or Pulaski but none that are difference makers. Somerset has been hurt by the transfer bug way more than they have benefited. I will give you prime example three transfers last year the smith twins and Guy Bailey all went to Corbin. Withe those 3 on the roster Somerset plays for a championship last year. I think what sets Somerset apart from a lot of schools is their youth program, it is second to none in the state. You are just getting ready to see the tree bear fruit. Thr 6,7 and 8th grade classes are going to lead them back to the pro ice land if everybody stays healthy and sticks together. Especially the 8th and 6th grade these two classes are special. The 7th grade just doesn’t have enough to make a team they are a small class but what they do have are really good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buford T Justice's post:
  • TheRampageRooster