•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pox on Both Their Houses
(10-14-2024, 05:55 PM)Maga Nuts Wrote: The Dear Leader sat in his chair in the White House cheering while his political prisoners were beating the cops up. Chanting hang Mike Pence all the Dear Leader says maybe he deserves it.
Has the Cult members on this site every think why his former VP will not vote for him.
This election is about whether we will have a democracy or not you have 2 choices a wannabe dictator or back to normal. The 2 Cult members are putting Dear Leader over country.

Dumb x 100 but "muh democracy" is my favorite dumb person slogan
(10-14-2024, 05:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "Cult" is a word dumb people regurgitate because their libtard TV tells them to.
"Former Trump officials" are the establishment DC lifers who hate us and dumb libtards are clueless about it like everything else.
OSH is another who never talks policies because he is just programmed to call names and "orange man bad"
Unfortunately, in many cases "former Trump officials" are people who Trump hired and then fired, who hold a grudge. Trump likes to fire and humiliate people he fires publicly, which I see as one of his greatest weaknesses.

Rest assured, I don't use the word "cult" because libtards on TV tell me to. I no longer watch political opinion shows very often. I catch an episode of Gutfeld occasionally, but that is for laughs not news or opinions.

Trump has a lot of good points, such as his courage when faced with hostile interviewers, debate moderators, and audiences. He can speak better without a teleprompter than either Harris or Biden can read a teleprompter. Harris recently got caught reading from a teleprompter at a Townhall event. Imagine how the media would respond if Trump distributed a script to reporters and then read his answers from a teleprompter. I wish that Trump were more articulate, like Vivek Ramaswamy, but I like the fact that he is not afraid to take questions from the media or audience with no advanced preparation.

I honestly cannot think of anything good to say about Kamala or Biden, and I don't recall any liberals touting their strengths in this forum. If Kamala were elected, there are some serious questions about whether she would be the first black woman to be elected president because she may have fabricated her family tree. Think about that. She was the first woman of Indian ancestry to be elected to the U.S. Senate, but she claims that she would be the first black female president if she is elected. Trump made this point in front of an audience consisting primarily of black members of the media. That kind of courage is part of the reason that Trump's support among black males is soaring.

I don't feel bad about not being able to think of anything good to say about Kamala. Maga Nuts can't think of anything positive to say about her either. Maybe OSH can come up with something.
(10-14-2024, 05:55 PM)Maga Nuts Wrote: The Dear Leader sat in his chair in the White House cheering while his political prisoners were beating the cops up. Chanting hang Mike Pence all the Dear Leader says maybe he deserves it.
Has the Cult members on this site every think why his former VP will not vote for him.
This election is about whether we will have a democracy or not you have 2 choices a wannabe dictator or back to normal. The 2 Cult members are putting Dear Leader over country.
So voting for the candidate of the party that robbed Bernie Sanders of the Democrat nomination of the nomination in 2016 and then forced senile Joe Biden to withdraw from the presidential campaign, and then installed Kamala Harris as its nominee after she withdrew from the race after winning no delegates is a vote for democracy? Do you not realize how stupid the position that you are espousing is?

As for Pence not voting for Trump, I don't blame him. I believe that he did the right thing by signing off on the slate of delegates. Trump had plenty of time to pursue relief in the courts and he may have prevailed had he not put Rudy Giuliani in charge of the effort and relied on celebrity lawyers instead of election law experts.

The fact that Pence holds a personal grudge against Trump is understandable, but it is no reason to put this nation at risk by supporting Kamala Harris. She is an international laughingstock and she has not even won a national election. Kamala's frequent word salad episodes are regularly featured on Australian TV. She is becoming a household name there, and not for good reasons.

I still have not seen any reason to vote for Kamala Harris. It seems like you and OSH should be able to get together a short list of reasons why people should vote for her. If the only reason to vote for her is that she is not Donald Trump, then just say so.
(10-14-2024, 06:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 05:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "Cult" is a word dumb people regurgitate because their libtard TV tells them to.
"Former Trump officials" are the establishment DC lifers who hate us and dumb libtards are clueless about it like everything else.
OSH is another who never talks policies because he is just programmed to call names and "orange man bad"
Unfortunately, in many cases "former Trump officials" are people who Trump hired and then fired, who hold a grudge. Trump likes to fire and humiliate people he fires publicly, which I see as one of his greatest weaknesses.

Rest assured, I don't use the word "cult" because libtards on TV tell me to. I no longer watch political opinion shows very often. I catch an episode of Gutfeld occasionally, but that is for laughs not news or opinions.

Trump has a lot of good points, such as his courage when faced with hostile interviewers, debate moderators, and audiences. He can speak better without a teleprompter than either Harris or Biden can read a teleprompter. Harris recently got caught reading from a teleprompter at a Townhall event. Imagine how the media would respond if Trump distributed a script to reporters and then read his answers from a teleprompter. I wish that Trump were more articulate, like Vivek Ramaswamy, but I like the fact that he is not afraid to take questions from the media or audience with no advanced preparation.

I honestly cannot think of anything good to say about Kamala or Biden, and I don't recall any liberals touting their strengths in this forum. If Kamala were elected, there are some serious questions about whether she would be the first black woman to be elected president because she may have fabricated her family tree. Think about that. She was the first woman of Indian ancestry to be elected to the U.S. Senate, but she claims that she would be the first black female president if she is elected. Trump made this point in front of an audience consisting primarily of black members of the media. That kind of courage is part of the reason that Trump's support among black males is soaring.

I don't feel bad about not being able to think of anything good to say about Kamala. Maga Nuts can't think of anything positive to say about her either. Maybe OSH can come up with something.
Not until they hit first, then he hits back harder. I love that about him. But again, right is not the time to harp on Trump's perceived weakness. That's what libtards are for.

As for Kamala, she's objectively a rambling midwit at best who you wouldn't hire at gunpoint to assign any task in your business to. Well maybe if you were a pimp.
(10-14-2024, 06:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Not until they hit first, then he hits back harder. I love that about him. But again, right is not the time to harp on Trump's perceived weakness. That's what libtards are for.

As for Kamala, she's objectively a rambling midwit at best who you wouldn't hire at gunpoint to assign any task in your business to. Well maybe if you were a pimp.
That is not true at all. Trump fires people publicly. That is never a good act by a manager, but it is absolutely stupid in the political world. If you hire somebody and decide that they have to go, then you should allow them to resign with dignity. People treated fairly are far less likely to stick a knife in your back later on. Ask them to resign in private and do what you can to avoid creating a lifelong enemy. Every president has shaken up their staffs from time to time. Do you remember any of them ever being attacked by former employees the way that Trump has?

If I were a pimp, I would not hire Kamala Harris. She already did her stint. I don't think that I would hire her to run a brothel either. That laugh is enough to scare away paying customers.  Sick

Here's one of Trumps recent gems.  And to think, Trump supporters were fixated on dementia with regards to Biden:

This man clearly has something wrong with his mind.

“Many countries, they do that, and then all of a sudden you hear that they’re leaving Milwaukee, or they’re leaving wherever they may be located. It’s very sad to see it… and it’s so simple. I mean, you know, this isn’t like Elon with his rocket ships that land within 12 inches on the moon where they wanted to land, or he gets the engines back.”

“That was the first I realized. I said, ‘Who the hell did that?’ I saw engines about three, four years ago. These things were coming — cylinders, no wings, no nothing, and they’re coming down very slowly, landing on a raft in the middle of the ocean someplace with a circle, boom.”

“Reminded me of the Biden circles that he used to have, right? He’d have eight circles, and he couldn’t fill them up. But then I heard he beat us with the popular vote. I don’t know. I don’t know. Couldn’t fill up the eight circles. I always loved those circles. They were so beautiful. It was so beautiful to look at. In fact, the person that did that was the best thing about… that level of that circle was great, but they couldn’t get people.”

“So they used to have the press stand in those circles because they couldn’t get the people. Then I heard we lost. Oh, we lost. Now we’re never going to let that happen again, but we’ve been abused by other countries. We’ve been abused by our own politicians, really more than other countries.”

Tens of millions of troubled Americans , and dozens of BGR members , are gonna vote for that man to be president again. Explain that to me, someone.
(10-14-2024, 06:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Here's one of Trumps recent gems.  And to think, Trump supporters were fixated on dementia with regards to Biden:

“Many countries, they do that, and then all of a sudden you hear that they’re leaving Milwaukee, or they’re leaving wherever they may be located. It’s very sad to see it… and it’s so simple. I mean, you know, this isn’t like Elon with his rocket ships that land within 12 inches on the moon where they wanted to land, or he gets the engines back.”

“That was the first I realized. I said, ‘Who the hell did that?’ I saw engines about three, four years ago. These things were coming — cylinders, no wings, no nothing, and they’re coming down very slowly, landing on a raft in the middle of the ocean someplace with a circle, boom.”

“Reminded me of the Biden circles that he used to have, right? He’d have eight circles, and he couldn’t fill them up. But then I heard he beat us with the popular vote. I don’t know. I don’t know. Couldn’t fill up the eight circles. I always loved those circles. They were so beautiful. It was so beautiful to look at. In fact, the person that did that was the best thing about… that level of that circle was great, but they couldn’t get people.”

“So they used to have the press stand in those circles because they couldn’t get the people. Then I heard we lost. Oh, we lost. Now we’re never going to let that happen again, but we’ve been abused by other countries. We’ve been abused by our own politicians, really more than other countries.”

Tens of millions of troubled Americans , and dozens of BGR members , are gonna vote for that man to be president again. Explain that to me, someone.
The last 4 years.

If that isn't enough for you, name one place that Dem policies are wooking. Everything liberals get control of, they turn to sh!t.
(10-14-2024, 06:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

That is not true at all. Trump fires people publicly. That is never a good act by a manager, but it is absolutely stupid in the political world. If you hire somebody and decide that they have to go, then you should allow them to resign with dignity. People treated fairly are far less likely to stick a knife in your back later on. Ask them to resign in private and do what you can to avoid creating a lifelong enemy. Every president has shaken up their staffs from time to time. Do you remember any of them ever being attacked by former employees the way that Trump has?

If I were a pimp, I would not hire Kamala Harris. She already did her stint. I don't think that I would hire her to run a brothel either. That laugh is enough to scare away paying customers.  Sick
Name someone Trump humiliated that didn't punch first, since once again you cannot refrain from bashing him right before a very important election.

If Kamala Harris made the same statements, they would be among the most articulate things that she has ever said. She is becoming famous worldwide for her word salads, and here spontaneous speech cannot be blamed on age.

Joe Biden can't find his way off of a stage. He recently reached the podium and forgot who he was supposed to introduce. He shouted into the audience asking who was next. The gentlemen from India, who had been seated on the stage behind him finally stood up and came forward.

Democrats who care anything about this country should have been demanding that Joe Biden resign the presidency at the same time that Kamala Harris was selected to replace him as the party's nominee. Thanks for demonstrating your hypocrisy on this issue. When I see that Trump has a fulltime caretaker present to guide him off of a stage, then I will demand that he resign.

If Joe Biden is too senile to run for president, then he is too senile to be serving as president.

Another duck, dodge, and spin never let me down Hoot. His OWN VP will not vote for him but you and the Wet will bootlickers.

(10-14-2024, 06:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Name someone Trump humiliated that didn't punch first, since once again you cannot refrain from bashing him right before a very important election.
VP Pence

(10-14-2024, 06:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

If Kamala Harris made the same statements, they would be among the most articulate things that she has ever said. She is becoming famous worldwide for her word salads, and here spontaneous speech cannot be blamed on age.

Joe Biden can't find his way off of a stage. He recently reached the podium and forgot who he was supposed to introduce. He shouted into the audience asking who was next. The gentlemen from India, who had been seated on the stage behind him finally stood up and came forward.

Democrats who care anything about this country should have been demanding that Joe Biden resign the presidency at the same time that Kamala Harris was selected to replace him as the party's nominee. Thanks for demonstrating your hypocrisy on this issue. When I see that Trump has a fulltime caretaker present to guide him off of a stage, then I will demand that he resign.

If Joe Biden is too senile to run for president, then he is too senile to be serving as president.
Biden reminds me of Reagan his last 2 years, but they hid it better
If Mike Pence won't vote for the Mango Mussolini, then why should you , BGR? Everyone on here should ask themselves that question.
Because Pence is establishment silly
(10-14-2024, 06:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Really? You can't think of anybody who Trump publicly fired? I can tell you one person who deserved to be publicly fired, prosecuted, and imprisoned - Dr. Anthony Fauci. Why did Trump stand behind him until the very end? You must think everybody else is a moron who paid no attention during the four years that Trump was president. Well I'm sorry, but you are not going to dictate what is appropriate for me to post about Trump or any other subject.

Trump starred on a television show where he fired people publicly. He never stopped doing so after he was elected president. It is why so many former Trump administration members show absolutely no loyalty to him. Actually, it goes well beyond that, an unusually large number of his former administration officials are openly hostile toward him. Why do you think that is? Do you think that I am the only person who paid attention to how he treated his own employees, or if I don't type it here, where maybe a dozen people might read it, people will never know what happened?

I think OSH and Maga Nuts are wearing off on you. If all members do in this forum is insult the other side and pretend that the party and candidates that they support are perfect, then what's the point of spending any time here?
Jet, here is the list of former administration officials who Trump hired and subsequently fired publicly. Some of the people on the list, such as James Comey and Reince Priebus should never been retained or hired by Trump, but my point was not that they should not have been fired, but they should have been allowed to go quietly. (Comey is an exception, I would never had hired him and I would have fired him publicly because he was hostile toward Trump from the get-go.)

My AI prompt:

Please prepare a list of the members of the Trump administration that President Trump personally hired and then publicly fired. Do not include former administration members who quietly resigned to take other positions.

AI response:

Here’s a list of some notable individuals whom former President Donald Trump personally hired for his administration and then publicly fired or whose departure was highly publicized:

1. James Comey – FBI Director
  • Hired: September 2013 (by President Obama, but kept on by Trump)
  • Fired: May 9, 2017
  • Reason for Firing: Officially for handling the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails, but later reports suggest Trump was unhappy with the Russia investigation.
2. Michael Flynn – National Security Advisor
  • Hired: January 20, 2017
  • Fired: February 13, 2017
  • Reason for Firing: Flynn was fired after it was revealed he misled Vice President Mike Pence and other officials about his communications with Russian officials.
3. Reince Priebus – White House Chief of Staff
  • Fired: July 28, 2017
  • Reason for Firing: Trump replaced Priebus after months of reported tensions and dissatisfaction with his performance.
4. Anthony Scaramucci – White House Communications Director
  • Hired: July 21, 2017
  • Fired: July 31, 2017
  • Reason for Firing: Fired after only 11 days on the job following controversial remarks made about other members of the administration.
5. Steve Bannon – White House Chief Strategist
  • Fired: August 18, 2017
  • Reason for Firing: Bannon was ousted after ongoing internal conflicts and growing tensions with other members of the administration, particularly Jared Kushner.
6. Rex Tillerson – Secretary of State
  • Hired: February 1, 2017
  • Fired: March 13, 2018
  • Reason for Firing: Publicly dismissed via Twitter after reported policy disagreements, particularly over Iran, North Korea, and Russia.
7. Tom Price – Secretary of Health and Human Services
  • Hired: February 10, 2017
  • Fired: September 29, 2017
  • Reason for Firing: Price resigned under pressure after controversy over his use of expensive private jets for government travel.
8. David Shulkin – Secretary of Veterans Affairs
  • Hired: February 13, 2017
  • Fired: March 28, 2018
  • Reason for Firing: Shulkin was dismissed after conflicts over privatizing parts of the VA, as well as controversy over his travel expenses.
9. Jeff Sessions – Attorney General
  • Hired: February 9, 2017
  • Fired: November 7, 2018
  • Reason for Firing: Trump repeatedly criticized Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, leading to his eventual forced resignation.
10. John Bolton – National Security Advisor
  • Hired: April 9, 2018
  • Fired: September 10, 2019
  • Reason for Firing: Trump and Bolton reportedly had significant disagreements on foreign policy issues, including handling Iran, North Korea, and Afghanistan.
11. Kirstjen Nielsen – Secretary of Homeland Security
  • Hired: December 6, 2017
  • Fired: April 7, 2019
  • Reason for Firing: Nielsen was forced out after Trump’s frustrations with her perceived lack of toughness on immigration policies.
12. John F. Kelly – White House Chief of Staff
  • Hired: July 31, 2017
  • Fired: January 2, 2019
  • Reason for Firing: Kelly's relationship with Trump reportedly soured, with the President preferring a more relaxed management style, which clashed with Kelly's military discipline.
13. Omarosa Manigault Newman – Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison
  • Fired: December 13, 2017
  • Reason for Firing: Omarosa was reportedly fired due to tensions with other White House staff and allegations of misconduct, although the details were not fully public at the time.
14. Mark Esper – Secretary of Defense
  • Hired: July 23, 2019
  • Fired: November 9, 2020
  • Reason for Firing: Esper was dismissed after a series of policy disagreements, particularly regarding the use of the military during the 2020 protests.
These high-profile public firings and forced resignations reflect the turnover that characterized the Trump administration, as he often clashed with appointees over policy differences, loyalty issues, or management style.
Please notice how long it is taking for anybody to post reasons to vote for Kamala Harris, besides she is not Donald Trump. I am not a Trump fan, but I have no trouble sharing what I consider his strengths as a candidate. OSH and Maga Nuts still have not posted anything positive about Kamala Harris. Democrats could have randomly selected a name out of an old phone book and those two would have voted for him/her/they/them/it.
I'm bending a little with the name calling, but any sexually perverted comments won't stay. Even if your post was okay but included another's post with sexual inuendoes, they're gone.
(10-14-2024, 07:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Jet, here is the list of former administration officials who Trump hired and subsequently fired publicly. Some of the people on the list, such as James Comey and Reince Priebus should never been retained or hired by Trump, but my point was not that they should not have been fired, but they should have been allowed to go quietly. (Comey is an exception, I would never had hired him and I would have fired him publicly because he was hostile toward Trump from the get-go.)

My AI prompt:

Please prepare a list of the members of the Trump administration that President Trump personally hired and then publicly fired. Do not include former administration members who quietly resigned to take other positions.

AI response:

Here’s a list of some notable individuals whom former President Donald Trump personally hired for his administration and then publicly fired or whose departure was highly publicized:

• Reason for Firing: Officially for handling the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails, but later reports suggest Trump was unhappy with the Russia investigation.
  • Reason for Firing: Flynn was fired after it was revealed he misled Vice President Mike Pence and other officials about his communications with Russian officials.
  • Reason for Firing: Trump replaced Priebus after months of reported tensions and dissatisfaction with his performance.
  • Reason for Firing: Fired after only 11 days on the job following controversial remarks made about other members of the administration.
  • Reason for Firing: Bannon was ousted after ongoing internal conflicts and growing tensions with other members of the administration, particularly Jared Kushner.
  • Reason for Firing: Publicly dismissed via Twitter after reported policy disagreements, particularly over Iran, North Korea, and Russia.
  • Reason for Firing: Price resigned under pressure after controversy over his use of expensive private jets for government travel.
  • Reason for Firing: Shulkin was dismissed after conflicts over privatizing parts of the VA, as well as controversy over his travel expenses.
  • Reason for Firing: Trump repeatedly criticized Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, leading to his eventual forced resignation.
  • Reason for Firing: Trump and Bolton reportedly had significant disagreements on foreign policy issues, including handling Iran, North Korea, and Afghanistan.
  • Reason for Firing: Nielsen was forced out after Trump’s frustrations with her perceived lack of toughness on immigration policies.
  • Reason for Firing: Kelly's relationship with Trump reportedly soured, with the President preferring a more relaxed management style, which clashed with Kelly's military discipline.
13. Omarosa Manigault Newman – Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison
  • Reason for Firing: Omarosa was reportedly fired due to tensions with other White House staff and allegations of misconduct, although the details were not fully public at the time.
  • Reason for Firing: Esper was dismissed after a series of policy disagreements, particularly regarding the use of the military during the 2020 protests.
These high-profile public firings and forced resignations reflect the turnover that characterized the Trump administration, as he often clashed with appointees over policy differences, loyalty issues, or management style.
I know he fired people. Not nearly enough people to suit me. You forgot to answer my question which was name someone he publicly humiliated that didn't punch first. Merely making public the firing doesn't count. The public is going to quickly find out, smart of him to get out in front of it.
(10-14-2024, 08:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 07:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Jet, here is the list of former administration officials who Trump hired and subsequently fired publicly. Some of the people on the list, such as James Comey and Reince Priebus should never been retained or hired by Trump, but my point was not that they should not have been fired, but they should have been allowed to go quietly. (Comey is an exception, I would never had hired him and I would have fired him publicly because he was hostile toward Trump from the get-go.)

My AI prompt:

AI response:

I know he fired people. Not nearly enough people to suit me. You forgot to answer my question which was name someone he publicly humiliated that didn't punch first. Merely making public the firing doesn't count. The public is going to quickly find out, smart of him to get out in front of it.
Do your own research, or at least read my responses. As noted above, he fired Rex Tillerson via Twitter. How respectful was that? There is no reason to publicly fire people if you ask for and accept their resignation and allow them to announce their departure. That is just good business and good politics if you are an elected official. That is not Trump's style, but it should be if he is going to be president. I hope that he has learned something from four years in the position.
So Rex Tillerson via twitter is all you got lol
The tweet came shortly after Rex Tillerson returned from his debut trip to Africa, on March 13, 2018: “Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State,” President Donald Trump wrote. “He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!”

Tillerson was the first Cabinet official ever to be fired on social media; Trump only got around to calling him some three hours later. The sequence appeared to be a calculated snub: Trump had come to dislike Tillerson, who’d called him a “moron.” John Kelly, then the president’s chief of staff, later made a point of noting that Tillerson had been on the toilet when Kelly had phoned him in advance of Trump’s tweet to tell him that his dismissal was likely

So Tillerson is a gutter ball for you, want to try again?
(10-14-2024, 08:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 08:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

My AI prompt:

AI response:

Do your own research, or at least read my responses. As noted above, he fired Rex Tillerson via Twitter. How respectful was that? There is no reason to publicly fire people if you ask for and accept their resignation and allow them to announce their departure. That is just good business and good politics if you are an elected official. That is not Trump's style, but it should be if he is going to be president. I hope that he has learned something from four years in the position.
I changed my mind. Here you go:

AI response:

Here’s a list of former Trump administration officials that Donald Trump personally hired, later fired, and referred to using derisive nicknames:

1. Rex Tillerson – Secretary of State
  • Derisive Nickname: “Dumb as a rock”
  • Trump reportedly clashed with Tillerson over several policy disagreements and later publicly insulted him, questioning his intelligence.
2. John Bolton – National Security Advisor
  • Derisive Nickname: “Mr. Tough Guy” / “Wacko John Bolton”
  • Trump and Bolton had significant foreign policy disagreements, and after Bolton’s departure, Trump frequently referred to him mockingly, accusing him of warmongering and incompetence.
3. Jeff Sessions – Attorney General
  • Derisive Nickname: “Mr. Magoo” / “Very weak”
  • Trump was critical of Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, often insulting him both publicly and privately, likening him to the bumbling cartoon character Mr. Magoo.
4. Steve Bannon – White House Chief Strategist
  • Derisive Nickname: “Sloppy Steve”
  • After Bannon’s ouster, Trump turned on his former ally, mocking his disheveled appearance and publicly criticizing his role in the administration.
5. Anthony Scaramucci – White House Communications Director
  • Fired: July 31, 2017 (after only 11 days)
  • Derisive Nickname: “The Mooch”
  • Though “The Mooch” is not particularly insulting by itself, Trump has since used it in a dismissive manner after Scaramucci became one of his outspoken critics following his firing.
These individuals had varying roles in the administration, but they all experienced a similar pattern: hired, fired, and later publicly criticized by Trump, often through mocking or derisive nicknames.
You continue to dodge my question, which was who did Trump publicly humiliate that didn't punch first? Making a firing public isn't humiliation by itself, it goes with the territory.
(10-14-2024, 08:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote: The tweet came shortly after Rex Tillerson returned from his debut trip to Africa, on March 13, 2018: “Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State,” President Donald Trump wrote. “He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!”

Tillerson was the first Cabinet official ever to be fired on social media; Trump only got around to calling him some three hours later. The sequence appeared to be a calculated snub: Trump had come to dislike Tillerson, who’d called him a “moron.” John Kelly, then the president’s chief of staff, later made a point of noting that Tillerson had been on the toilet when Kelly had phoned him in advance of Trump’s tweet to tell him that his dismissal was likely

Really, Jet, do you think that there is anybody in this country who is unaware of Trump's use of childish nicknames and public insults of former allies? Firing somebody via Twitter was a classless act. Trump's management style may make for good reality TV shows, but the style does not translate well to real life. If he is elected, prospective administration members should think twice about accepting job offers. When you treat people who you hire badly, it makes it more difficult to hire good replacements for them.
(10-14-2024, 08:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote: You continue to dodge my question, which was who did Trump publicly humiliate that didn't punch first? Making a firing public isn't humiliation by itself, it goes with the territory.
No, it does not "go with the territory." People leave administrations all the time without the real reason for the change ever made public. Name another U.S. president of either party who has engaged in as many public feuds with former administration members that he hired. I have not included people like Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, and Chris Christie, all of whom had the audacity to run against him in 2024.
(10-14-2024, 09:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 08:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote: The tweet came shortly after Rex Tillerson returned from his debut trip to Africa, on March 13, 2018: “Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State,” President Donald Trump wrote. “He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!”

Really, Jet, do you think that there is anybody in this country who is unaware of Trump's use of childish nicknames and public insults of former allies? Firing somebody via Twitter was a classless act. Trump's management style may make for good reality TV shows, but the style does not translate well to real life. If he is elected, prospective administration members should think twice about accepting job offers. When you treat people who you hire badly, it makes it more difficult to hire good replacements for them.
That post could have been written by OSH, Keith Olbermann, Rob Reiner, or Harris herself. You never gave any examples of Trump publicly humiliating someone who didn't punch him first. You make about as much sense as maga nuts where Trump is concerned.
No more Trump discussion with you Hoot. If I want to hear that horse sh!t I can just click on any libtard Twitter account.
MEAN TWEETS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(10-14-2024, 09:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 09:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

That post could have been written by OSH, Keith Olbermann, Rob Reiner, or Harris herself. You never gave any examples of Trump publicly humiliating someone who didn't punch him first. You make about as much sense as maga nuts where Trump is concerned.
That is just your extreme bias speaking. You demanded details and I provided them, despite Trump's poor treatment of former staff members and political opponents being public knowledge. Being publicly fired and referred to with derogatory nicknames is public humiliation. Make all the excuses for Trump's behavior that you want, but he could have saved himself a lot of grief by handling terminations with some class.

Trump had nothing to gain through the public firings and plenty to lose. You are not going to convince anybody, whether they support Trump or oppose him, that it is a good practice to publicly fire people from your own staff instead of allowing them to leave quietly after accepting their resignation. Do you think it is simply a coincidence that so many of Trump's former staff members have turned on him? That never happened to Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, or Obama.

(Joe Biden is not aware of his surroundings enough to publicly fire anybody. They could just show up for work the next day, introduce themselves to Biden and thank him for hiring them. Biden would never know the difference.)
(10-14-2024, 09:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote: No more Trump discussion with you Hoot. If I want to hear that horse sh!t I can just click on any libtard Twitter account.
MEAN TWEETS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody is forcing you to participate, Jet. Given your contributions to this thread, you won't be missed.
(10-14-2024, 09:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 09:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote: No more Trump discussion with you Hoot. If I want to hear that horse sh!t I can just click on any libtard Twitter account.
Nobody is forcing you to participate, Jet. Given your contributions to this thread, you won't be missed.

I didn't say I wouldn't be posting. Read it again.
(10-14-2024, 09:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 09:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I didn't say I wouldn't be posting. Read it again.
Well, I will be here. Feel free to ignore my posts, but do not expect me to reciprocate. It is a discussion forum.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next