Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
92.31%
Paris
7.69%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Raceland at Paris 10/18
Raceland vs Paris. Thoughts?
Running clock late
The boys in orange will win this one.
Wonder if they plan on going to a nice concert the night before this one like they did last year?
This one over quickly
Halftime running clock. This will be another good game to practice some things offensively.
STREET FIGHT AT THE PUMPKIN PATCH!
Went back and watched the last few Paris games. This game won’t be as close as I thought. Paris is too slow and not strong enough up front to keep our front 3 or 4 out of the backfield. I don’t think they will be able to get much pressure on our QB nor do I think they can contain our run game.

Rams 57
Hounds 14
The battle for the runner-up trophy starting to heat up! I see the Rams at Kroger again if they don't have to face Pikeville until then...
(10-13-2024, 05:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote: The battle for the runner-up trophy starting to heat up! I see the Rams at Kroger again if they don't have to face Pikeville until then...
Shine the first place trophy up for us. We are coming to get it!
(10-13-2024, 05:22 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 05:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote: The battle for the runner-up trophy starting to heat up! I see the Rams at Kroger again if they don't have to face Pikeville until then...

We will let you hold it for 3 minutes for a fee! Picture taken with it is extra!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Raceland
RAMS by 4-5 scores.
I think this will be an ugly game for the first half. The score at halftime will surprise people but the Rams should put it away late. I believe the reason the game was close last year was the drama coming from the sidelines. If that same drama is there this year it will be worth at least 14 points for Paris. I think the score ends up something like …..
Raceland 42
Paris 20
Paris won't score 20 on Raceland's 1st Team defense.
The only way this game is close for a half is if Paris manages to force some turnovers and keeps Raceland from scoring. I can’t believe I am saying this, but the defense may be better this year than last year. Maybe it’s the competition and teams aren’t as good as they were a year ago, but atleast on paper, it is. I just don’t see Paris being able to get more than a score on our 1st team defense. And I think that is being generous.
I agree. I think this defense is just as good as last years. Just think, Raceland has not even played two of there better secondary players from last year in Rowsey and Ison. This team is loaded with talent.
(10-13-2024, 05:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 05:22 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:

We will let you hold it for 3 minutes for a fee! Picture taken with it is extra!
If they've been picking their nose, cant hold it. Ha ha!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
The Rams win in big way. I may have to make the trip anyway, it's been a minute since I've eaten at a Jerry's Restaurant. Decades maybe? If I'm not mistaken there was one in Morehead years ago and I believe that was my last visit. Probably haven't been missing much but I may be surprised.
(10-14-2024, 05:17 PM)i82much Wrote: The Rams win in big way. I may have to make the trip anyway, it's been a minute since I've eaten at a Jerry's Restaurant.  Decades maybe?  If I'm not mistaken there was one in Morehead years ago and I believe that was my last visit. Probably haven't been missing much but I may be surprised.

If I was going there I would eat at Jerry's before the game and after. I miss Jerry's more than anything Pikeville ever had.
I would trade it for Bdub's, Drake's and all the rest...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • i82much, Walt Longmire
This will not be a blowout, I don’t see Raceland anywhere in the Top 10 RPI. Paris will compete.
^^^Somebody tell him
You are probably right. Raceland and Pikeville will be lucky to win their respective districts seeing as they are both on the outside looking in of the RPI top 10. The fact that one 1A team (not including their head to head match up) has come with in ear shot of either of them the last 3 years holds little to no weight this year. They will be lucky to make it through the 2nd round of the playoffs hahahahahahaha

Paris will compete…they won’t lay down. But this is a running clock.
(10-14-2024, 05:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 05:17 PM)i82much Wrote: The Rams win in big way. I may have to make the trip anyway, it's been a minute since I've eaten at a Jerry's Restaurant.  Decades maybe?  If I'm not mistaken there was one in Morehead years ago and I believe that was my last visit. Probably haven't been missing much but I may be surprised.

If I was going there I would eat at Jerry's before the game and after. I miss Jerry's more than anything Pikeville ever had.

I believe it's the last one. I looked at their menu but I can't remember enough about my last visit to be able to say if the menu/food is the same as it was back in it's heyday.
(10-14-2024, 06:07 PM)i82much Wrote:

I believe it's the last one. I looked at their menu but I can't remember enough about my last visit to be able to say if the menu/food is the same as it was back in it's heyday.
J-Boy, Champ sandwich or Half-pound of ground round all super. Get slaw AND Julienne (sp?) salad also and Cherry Coke (not the new kind but Coke + fountain cherry). I have to get there before Paris closes.
  • i82much
Although the Rams almost always beat Paris in the playoffs 2010-2023 when they were paired together; the games were sometimes very ugly wins. Raceland was no doubt the better team but for whatever reason, struggled to put Paris away.

Paris keeps it close for 1.5 quarters but Rams win.
(10-14-2024, 06:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

J-Boy, Champ sandwich or Half-pound of ground round all super. Get slaw AND Julienne (sp?) salad also and Cherry Coke (not the new kind but Coke + fountain cherry). I have to get there before Paris closes.

I lived about a half mile from Jerry's when I was teaching and coaching at Paris back in the  late 90's early 2000's.  I only ate at this location once.  I got the hankering for something sweet one night.  I ordered some kind of hot fudge brownie.  To keep this post Paris related legendary Paris coach Randy Reese was there with his wife eating dinner.  He came over to my table as he was leaving and we discussed Sammy Sosa because they had the tv's on a Cubs game and Sosa and McGwire were battling it out trying to beat the Maris record.  Those were the good ole days.
[-] The following 4 users Like Westside's post:
  • i82much, jetpilot, Panther Thunder, Walt Longmire
(10-14-2024, 07:30 PM)Westside Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 06:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I lived about a half mile from Jerry's when I was teaching and coaching at Paris back in the  late 90's early 2000's.  I only ate at this location once.  I got the hankering for something sweet one night.  I ordered some kind of hot fudge brownie.  To keep this post Paris related legendary Paris coach Randy Reese was there with his wife eating dinner.  He came over to my table as he was leaving and we discussed Sammy Sosa because they had the tv's on a Cubs game and Sosa and McGwire were battling it out trying to beat the Maris record.  Those were the good ole days.

That's awesome! I remember that battle well and Reese was a legend. Great story Westy.
  • Westside
^^^May have been a hot fudge cake you got Westy. Jerry's was famous for those.
  • Big Five-0-
(10-14-2024, 08:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^May have been a hot fudge cake you got Westy. Jerry's was famous for those.
A J boy plate and then a hot fudge cake for desert, yeah man! The best! Imo it was a sin to let Jerrys of Pikeville go.
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot, Westside