Poll: Corbin vs. Frederick Douglass Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
30.00%
Frederick Douglass
70.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin at Frederick Douglass 9/20
I could see this game going either way but I expect it to be a good one. both teams have things that will stretch the other. I can't tell if at this point the loss of the Pulaski game and some practice for Corbin will be a blessing or a curse. either way it will neat with the connections between McPeek and Salmons playing together at Marshall. I expect a lot of kinmanship between the programs going forward with these two Coaching.
Going to go w/ FD in this one.

FD-27
Corbin-14
Will this game have a free livestream somewhere?
Does this one come down to physicality vs speed? I just haven't seen what I've needed to see from my Hounds yet to be able to say they will go to the Farm and come back home with a win. Hope they prove me wrong.
(09-15-2024, 08:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2024, 08:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-15-2024, 04:31 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Douglass by several scores.

If Corbin had the defense they had last year I would give them a chance. But they dont, so I won't.

If Frederick Douglass wins, will you run for President?  Big Grin

President of what?   Smile
Ol Kong is here to announce and pledge his endorsement for OSH!

President of what? Why not Governor of KY?!

When elected Governor OSH first order of business: Fire and dismantle the Corbin varsity club. 

2nd order of business: Bring Haddix back to Corbin,  whatever it takes, price is not an option  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes King Kong's post:
  • Old School Hound
(09-17-2024, 06:12 PM)King Kong Wrote:

If Corbin had the defense they had last year I would give them a chance. But they dont, so I won't.

When elected Governor OSH first order of business: Fire and dismantle the Corbin varsity club. 

2nd order of business: Bring Haddix back to Corbin,  whatever it takes, price is not an option  Wink
Corbin Varsity club thinks they are more powerful than the Gov!   Them and the pack of old hounds!
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Old School Hound
(09-17-2024, 12:38 PM)M00sejaw64 Wrote: Will this game have a free livestream somewhere?
https://www.glicod.com/video-stream-2/
[-] The following 2 users Like toolaidback's post:
  • Hound05, M00sejaw64
(09-17-2024, 06:43 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(09-17-2024, 06:12 PM)King Kong Wrote:

Corbin Varsity club thinks they are more powerful than the Gov!   Them and the pack of old hounds!
The CVC  formed in 1982. Corbin hasn't won a title since. Enough said.
I like the Hounds in this one. Possibly could be the best game in the state this week.
Still saying hounds by 3 tds. FD isn’t anywhere near the FD of past 2-3 years. Yall can at me in 24 hours.
Come on man, I think Corbin has a shot in this game but 3 TDs? Corbin scored 22 points on Pikeville....... so I guess you're expecting a shutout.
If the Hounds are able to keep it close late, then young Mr Cima could be quite a weapon. Kid has a bomb in his right foot. With room to spare, he blasted one through the uprights from 55 yards on Thursday during practice. 

https://x.com/i/status/1836911793479745844

^^^^^^

#NoahsArc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Big Boomer
(09-20-2024, 03:44 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: If the Hounds are able to keep it close late, then young Mr Cima could be quite a weapon. Kid has a bomb in his right foot. With room to spare, he blasted one through the uprights from 55 yards on Thursday during practice. 

https://x.com/i/status/1836911793479745844

^^^^^^

#NoahsArc

This is one example of why I am so high in Corbin's threats on offense. This Noah Cima kid is a weapon any team would like to have. He has come into his role this year and to me, 1 of many threats to score at any time he gets his hands on the ball. Let alone the ability to put one through the uprights from anywhere and looks like big time distances. This is the kind of talent that is home grown. I am a big fan of Cima. The passing game is my favorite offense and Corbin has one of the best passing games when they spread the defense out and let Elam Work. I just hope we see that tonight. The best way to stop a blitz is to pass at the blitz and pass fast. I look for a classic ballgame tonight.
(09-20-2024, 03:07 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: Come on man, I think Corbin has a shot in this game but 3 TDs? Corbin scored 22 points on Pikeville....... so I guess you're expecting a shutout.

I don't put a lot of stock in first games. We watched Boyle and LCA in the first game and it wasn't an overwhelming offensive game either but they opened up their offense since that game.  Corbin dropped alot of TD catches that you can go back and see easily on the game film. They had alot of new guys in big roles and that may be just the first game jitters.  It very easily could have been 49-7. So it didn't shock me when Corbin has avg 50 points in the other two contest. They have a offense that can put up 50 on most teams in a heartbeat. Thats one reason I would like to see Coribn and Paducah Tilghman play in game 4. Its gonna happen, wait and see.  Smile

Fri, Aug 23, 24 Pikeville at Campbell Field Corbin Football (W) 22 - 7 Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Fri, Aug 30, 24 North Hardin at Garrard County (W) 52 - 25 Garrard County Bowl 
Fri, Sep 6, 24 Lexington Catholic at Campbell Field Corbin Football (W) 56 - 22
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...fb24/91898

Now I dont see no 50 points being scored in this contest against Frederick Douglass. But a low scoring game and the first to 21 could be the winner. 
If Corbin scores 50 on FD,,,Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Glory_Days
(09-20-2024, 03:07 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: Come on man, I think Corbin has a shot in this game but 3 TDs? Corbin scored 22 points on Pikeville....... so I guess you're expecting a shutout.

FD offense is terrible. Definitely below average. Defense isn’t the same defense as it has been should not that some key Defensive players injured as well. 

I think everyone is more focused on Boyle this year and not giving PT or Corbin much credit.

(09-20-2024, 12:04 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:

FD offense is terrible. Definitely below average. Defense isn’t the same defense as it has been.  some key Defensive players injured as well. 

I think everyone is focused on Boyle this year and not giving PT or Corbin much credit.
Before this gets out of hand to a Frederick Douglass is not a good team, I won't agree with that. If Douglass makes the catches and is able to get there way offensively with the run game, it can be a long night for Corbin on the defensive side of the ball. Corbin was not supposed to be in the ballpark of Frederick Douglass and anyone at the top prior to the season. So really if Corbin does anything at all in this game, no one honestly was giving them much of a chance Preseason and on the Corbin 2024 outlook. Remember, 3-5 losses were everyone's predictions and if they lose on 1 regular season game and to a very tuff Frederick Douglass game, then most already have missed the preseason predictions. But if Corbin wins, no doubt they are way ahead of where we all thought. 
Corbin Schedule 2024 (bluegrassrivals.com)

I don't recall other than GrannyBear saying 10-0 anyone giving Corbin a honest chance including myself against FD Preseason.
  • fansville
Douglas is pretty good, I think they will give Corbin all they want and then some and
probably win the game on their field.
I think this is no doubt a tough game, I think anytime you play on road its tougher. I think this game could go either way and it will all come down to player response after kickoff. games like these are always hard gauge. I do know there is a lot of respect between the two programs for each other. it will be fun to see McPeek and Salmons interact being friends and former teammates.
I think the score will be in the 30s. 38-32 FD
I'm not sure how this one plays out but it appears to be a good matchup. Defense isn't the problem with Frederick Douglass. They held Bowling Green to 13 points and Trinity to 130+ total yards. Against Trinity they lost the turnover battle 0-4. Think about that, gave them the ball 4 extra times and still held them to 130+ yards. Seems their offense doesn't have an identity. I'll be surprised if either team scores more then 28.

I'll call this one a toss up but pulling for the Hounds. It very well could come down to the kicking game as some have preluded.
I'll go with the score that has been in my mind all week long. My heart is telling me something very different than my head. My head is telling me these Hounds are not yet ready to visit a really good team on their field and come away victorious. My heart says these kids have really bought in to what their coach is telling them and they can pull off the victory.

My head says this is the kids first true road game and the Douglass kids have revenge on their minds

(09-20-2024, 05:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll go with the score that has been in my mind all week long. My heart is telling me something very different than my head. My head is telling me these Hounds are not yet ready to visit a really good team on their field and come away victorious. My heart says these kids have really bought in to what their coach is telling them and they can pull off the victory.

My head says this is the kids first true road game and the Douglass kids have revenge on their minds

...(cont.)

from last season. Douglass doesn't won't to allow a second straight opponent to come into their home turf and walk out a victor. They're are gonna be fired up to defend The Farm.   My heart says the Corbin kids want this game, BADLY! They want to send a message to both Boyle and Paducah to not forget about the Redhounds come November. The heart says the Hounds will pull out all stops to win this one.

My Head:   35-14  Douglass

My heart:   31-28  Crimson Canines

Bull, should I follow my head or follow my heart?

(09-20-2024, 12:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Before this gets out of hand to a Frederick Douglass is not a good team, I won't agree with that. If Douglass makes the catches and is able to get there way offensively with the run game, it can be a long night for Corbin on the defensive side of the ball. Corbin was not supposed to be in the ballpark of Frederick Douglass and anyone at the top prior to the season. So really if Corbin does anything at all in this game, no one honestly was giving them much of a chance Preseason and on the Corbin 2024 outlook. Remember, 3-5 losses were everyone's predictions and if they lose on 1 regular season game and to a very tuff Frederick Douglass game, then most already have missed the preseason predictions. But if Corbin wins, no doubt they are way ahead of where we all thought. 
Corbin Schedule 2024 (bluegrassrivals.com)

I don't recall other than GrannyBear saying 10-0 anyone giving Corbin a honest chance including myself against FD Preseason.
Anyone who tries to say FD is not one of the top teams in ky is full of it. Preseason I guessed Corbin with 7-8 wins with little to no chance to win this game. I still think FD will win tonight but Corbin has a chance if they play their best. If the Redhounds win this game then they are likely winning 10 games this season and if they lose, but keep it close, then in my mind coach Salmons has delivered in an huge way in his first season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Bull got out!
Douglass got the ball first and went down and scored rather quickly and led 7-0 but Corbin came back with a couple of big 3rd down and long conversions and a 4th and 4 conversion and capped it off with a 3 yard run by Elam to tie it at 7 wit h5:27 left in the first quarter.

Talbert with 19 yard run on Douglass first play of the 2nd possession into Corbin territory. 

Douglass has the ball 1st and 10 just inside the Corbin 30 yard line.

So far the Douglass offense is doing a good job of keeping the ball and away from Elam and the Corbin offense. There is only just over 1 minute left in the first quarter and Corbin has just had the ball one time.

Corbin gets a big interception in the redzone on a bad throw by Strautman that stops a good Bronco drive.
I’ll take FD
(09-22-2024, 07:29 PM)rookie57 Wrote: I’ll take FD

Smile I say you would a day after the game is played.
  • 16BBall Fan

FD offense is terrible. Definitely below average. Defense isn’t the same defense as it has been should not that some key Defensive players injured as well. 

I think everyone is more focused on Boyle this year and not giving PT or Corbin much credit. 

Well, you were correct about the 3 TDs ....  Undecided
(09-22-2024, 10:53 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:

Well, you were correct about the 3 TDs ....  Undecided

I certainly was!!!  Smile