Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Prep for Kentucky Girls' Basketball Teams?
Hello,
As the new basketball season approaches;  many Kentucky high school girls' basketball teams are gearing up with preseason practices; scrimmages;  and conditioning.
I am excited to hear from coaches;  players;  and fans about what specific preparations are being made this year.
Are there any new training routines;  focus areas (like defense / shooting accuracy); or standout players who are making an impression?
How are teams dealing with challenges such as limited gym time;  player injuries;  or integrating new players?
Let's discuss what we can expect from our favorite teams this season!

Thank you
splunk
(08-30-2024, 01:44 AM)kevincalori Wrote:
Hello,
As the new basketball season approaches;  many Kentucky high school girls' basketball teams are gearing up with preseason practices; scrimmages;  and conditioning.
I am excited to hear from coaches;  players;  and fans about what specific preparations are being made this year.
Are there any new training routines;  focus areas (like defense / shooting accuracy); or standout players who are making an impression?
How are teams dealing with challenges such as limited gym time;  player injuries;  or integrating new players?

Thank you
splunk
Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately they don't get quiet as excited over girls basketball as they do the boys lol. Sounds like you maybe new to the area so I will give you the rundown in my opinion and wait for it to be corrected lol. In the 15th region Pikeville will emerged, in the 14th Knott will run away with the title, and the 13th is a 3 horse field with North Laurel being the fav with KC and SL just behind. Unfortunately this season they will all be nonfactors at the state level.
Could see Pikeville and Knott making deep runs in the All A. Draw will depend on Sweet 16. Johnson Central will be tough in the 15th. Hazard and Leslie can cause problems in the 14th.
(08-31-2024, 02:24 PM)Medusa Wrote: Could see Pikeville and Knott making deep runs in the All A.  Draw will depend on Sweet 16.  Johnson Central will be tough in the 15th.  Hazard and Leslie can cause problems in the 14th.
Actually forgot about Johnson Central--they will give Pikeville a run in the 15th. Gotta disagree on the 14th, I didn't get to see Leslie in summer but I did see Hazard on 2 occasions plus I have seen some of their girls before and they have zero chance to win any games outside of the 14th, its the weakest region boys and def girls in the state. Just my opinion
15th - JC will be king this year. They play lots of kids and the pressure is suffocating.
I like Pikeville as a close second. They lost lots and new system may take a while.
16th- Ashland loses and they need to look at things. Way too much talent to lose the 16th.
The rest of top teams can be Russell, Raceland, Rowan, Fleming, Boyd or Morgan in any order.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TSSI's post:
  • Medusa
(08-31-2024, 10:41 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
Hello,

Thank you
splunk
Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately they don't get quiet as excited over girls basketball as they do the boys lol. Sounds like you maybe new to the area so I will give you the rundown in my opinion and wait for it to be corrected lol. In the 15th region Pikeville will emerged, in the 14th Knott will run away with the title, and the 13th is a 3 horse field with North Laurel being the fav with KC and SL just behind. Unfortunately this season they will all be nonfactors at the state level.
I don’t necessarily think “Knott will run away with the 14th”, but they will be the favorites. With the addition of the McAlarnis sisters and the a center who transferred in they will be pretty good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Medusa
Nobody is a shoe in, in the 14th. The refs play a major role in all the outcomes it seems boys and girls. Some cheat so bad it’s obvious they have been paid off or doing a favor for a certain coach. Just flat out bad. It’s probably all over.
(08-31-2024, 09:32 PM)Medusa Wrote: Nobody is a shoe in, in the 14th.  The refs play a major role in all the outcomes it seems boys and girls.  Some cheat so bad it’s obvious they have been paid off or doing a favor for a certain coach.  Just flat out bad.  It’s probably all over.
I agree, refs are sketchy at best in the 13th,14th, and 15th regions. But my point is the 14th girls are pretty down this year, no one is within 10 points of them even on a bad night.
Hello,

Thank you
splunk
Shottaker I'd have to agree don't think anyone beats Pikeville 14th isn't even close in my opinion Knott hands down the fav. 13th I think it is a 2 field race there with Knox and North.. South could be there but South is a few early game losses and I think it blows up. Knox is the most talented from top to bottom and should win but I think North wins it all. I figured I would throw my two cents in. Lol
(09-03-2024, 12:07 PM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote:
Hello,

Thank you
splunk
Shottaker I'd have to agree don't think anyone beats Pikeville 14th isn't even close in my opinion Knott hands down the fav. 13th I think it is a 2 field race there with Knox and North.. South could be there but South is a few early game losses and I think it blows up. Knox is the most talented from top to bottom and should win but I think North wins it all. I figured I would throw my two cents in. Lol
Def agree w Pike(johnson central will compete) and nobody comes within 10 in my opinion of Knott, in the 13th I think NL takes it but in my opin SL will push them but I believe they have the most unguardable player in the 13th and will be a load. KC will implode--team turmoil in my opin--they got the best all around player in Collins but I don't think they put it together with the new piece.
(09-03-2024, 02:19 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
Hello,

Thank you
splunk
Def agree w Pike(johnson central will compete) and nobody comes within 10 in my opinion of Knott, in the 13th I think NL takes it but in my opin SL will push them but I believe they have the most unguardable player in the 13th and will be a load. KC will implode--team turmoil in my opin--they got the best all around player in Collins but I don't think they put it together with the new piece.
I think that KC does have the best all around player in Collins and hope for her senior season they can pull it out. I watched some summer ball games with knox and to be honest I was shocked at some of the young talent in the region, one in particular, that was able to play with her and did quite well. Promising sign for the 13th.
(09-03-2024, 02:27 PM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote:
Hello,

Thank you
splunk
I think that KC does have the best all around player in Collins and hope for her senior season they can pull it out. I watched some summer ball games with knox and to be honest I was shocked at some of the young talent in the region, one in particular, that was able to play with her and did quite well. Promising sign for the 13th.
Ton of young talent in the 13th. Whitley and SL are absolutely loaded with the youngsters
(09-06-2024, 02:08 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(08-31-2024, 10:41 AM)shottaker23 Wrote: Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately they don't get quiet as excited over girls basketball as they do the boys lol. Sounds like you maybe new to the area so I will give you the rundown in my opinion and wait for it to be corrected lol. In the 15th region Pikeville will emerged, in the 14th Knott will run away with the title, and the 13th is a 3 horse field with North Laurel being the fav with KC and SL just behind. Unfortunately this season they will all be nonfactors at the state level.
Ton of young talent in the 13th. Whitley and SL are absolutely loaded with the youngsters
Agreed! It was the Whitley/Knox matchup that I watched. I don’t remember a time in recent history though that Corbin wasn’t in the mix. Anxious to see if they can keep that going
(09-07-2024, 01:40 AM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote:
(09-06-2024, 02:08 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(09-03-2024, 12:07 PM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote: Shottaker I'd have to agree don't think anyone beats Pikeville 14th isn't even close in my opinion Knott hands down the fav. 13th I think it is a 2 field race there with Knox and North.. South could be there but South is a few early game losses and I think it blows up. Knox is the most talented from top to bottom and should win but I think North wins it all. I figured I would throw my two cents in. Lol
Agreed! It was the Whitley/Knox matchup that I watched. I don’t remember a time in recent history though that Corbin wasn’t in the mix. Anxious to see if they can keep that going
Corbin will be down for at least 3 years in my opinion. They have Clem this year but unless she averages 30+ they will struggle to be a .500 team in my opinion. The talent is not their and they haven't gotten any transfers in(their feeder systems are lacking in the past, better now but won't help for a couple of years). Top 4 in 13th NL, SL, KC, Bell/Whitley