Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
36.84%
Prestonsburg
63.16%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paintsville at Prestonsburg 9/6
Paintsville at Prestonsburg. Thoughts?
Remember when these two teams combined to win a state championship?
[-] The following 2 users Like ROTC's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Westside
(09-01-2024, 10:11 AM)ROTC Wrote: Remember when these two teams combined to win a state championship?

If only both teams got credit for it.

I don’t ask for much but please Lord, please let this PBurg team win. Idk if I can show my face in Paintsville again if we lose this year. Last year broke my spirit. Paintsville was finally down and we came out about as flat as a team could.

Hopefully with this being a home game it can finally turn back into the favor of the Blackcats.
If Pburg puts a body on #1, I got them by two scores
Should be a good game. Last year it was a shootout with Paintsville answering late to win.
Paintsville is much better than I expected and a lot of the same could be said about Prestonsburg as well.

Tigers are really talented offensively. Line play is solid, QB has improved a lot as a passing threat, Lauffer is big threat any time he touches the ball, and others are gaining confidence as well. Biggest thing is for Prestonsburg to contain Johnson. Blackcat LBs and secondary is gonna need to play fast and play a smart football game. Have to limit the big plays or at least make them earn it.

Prestonsburg is going to want to run the football and use their speed in multiple ways to wear the Paintsville defense down and control the clock.

I think it’ll be a great game that both programs have been looking forward to. Should be a great atmosphere as well.

Taking the Blackcats to win, 28-22.
Should be a dandy but I’ll take Paintsville on the road.
This one was close last year. Hard game to pick. Prestonsburg rolling right now. I'll have to lean with the home team.
(09-01-2024, 06:34 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Paintsville is much better than I expected and a lot of the same could be said about Prestonsburg as well.

Tigers are really talented offensively. Line play is solid, QB has improved a lot as a passing threat, Lauffer is big threat any time he touches the ball, and others are gaining confidence as well. Biggest thing is for Prestonsburg to contain Johnson. Blackcat LBs and secondary is gonna need to play fast and play a smart football game. Have to limit the big plays or at least make them earn it.

Prestonsburg is going to want to run the football and use their speed in multiple ways to wear the Paintsville defense down and control the clock.

I think it’ll be a great game that both programs have been looking forward to. Should be a great atmosphere as well.

Watched the first two games and don't really see "multiple" anything. They seem to be quite predictable. . Especially, in 50-50 down situations. Prestonsburg subs in passing personnel in situations when everyone knows it's gonna be pass. Very hard to be a dynamic offense when you wait until passing situations to actually pass.
Paintsville wins
I’m going with Paintsville by a fuzz to extend the Blackcat misery of not being able to beat them. But it seems like it should be a great game.
(09-01-2024, 08:46 PM)Atavus Wrote:
(09-01-2024, 06:34 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Paintsville is much better than I expected and a lot of the same could be said about Prestonsburg as well.

Watched the first two games and don't really see "multiple" anything. They seem to be quite predictable. . Especially, in 50-50 down situations. Prestonsburg subs in passing personnel in situations when everyone knows it's gonna be pass. Very hard to be a dynamic offense when you wait until passing situations to actually pass.
Hager hasn't opened up the entire playbook either. This isn't me saying they're hiding some incredible passing attack, but Elliott has been dealing with a hand injury, the line hasn't been great in pass blocking situations, and more importantly why pass when you're having so much success running the football?
Everyone keeps picking Paintsville, Im going to have to change my pick em pick.. Smile I need some Prestonsburg hype around here. Where is RamDAD, I need to phone a friend.
(09-01-2024, 10:44 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

Hager hasn't opened up the entire playbook either. This isn't me saying they're hiding some incredible passing attack, but Elliott has been dealing with a hand injury, the line hasn't been great in pass blocking situations, and more importantly why pass when you're having so much success running the football?
1. Hopefully said player is 100% this week.
2. Hard to expect line (or any other positions) to be great in passing situations when you only pass in the most predictable situations.
3. It's going to take some points to win this week! The Tigers have a balanced attack and Hoskins really understands offensive football. The Tigers put up 30 points against a talented Paris team. Paintsville is a much different animal than either East Ridge or Leslie. It will be much more difficult for the Blackcats to grind one out on the Tigers. If the Blackcats have more to the playbook, East Ridge would have been a great opponent to have used it on, but instead, the Blackats opened up "The Thundering Hurd" chapter of the playbook. 
Good luck this week and everyone is waiting anxiously for Hagar to "open up the entire playbook."
(09-02-2024, 01:03 AM)Atavus Wrote:

2. Hard to expect line (or any other positions) to be great in passing situations when you only pass in the most predictable situations.
3. It's going to take some points to win this week! The Tigers have a balanced attack and Hoskins really understands offensive football. The Tigers put up 30 points against a talented Paris team. Paintsville is a much different animal than either East Ridge or Leslie. It will be much more difficult for the Blackcats to grind one out on the Tigers. If the Blackcats have more to the playbook, East Ridge would have been a great opponent to have used it on, but instead, the Blackats opened up "The Thundering Hurd" chapter of the playbook. 
Good luck this week and everyone is waiting anxiously for Hagar to "open up the entire playbook."
Oh look, another person with a axe to grind.

Likely a former coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(09-02-2024, 05:42 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(09-02-2024, 01:03 AM)Atavus Wrote:

Oh look, another person with a axe to grind.

Likely a former coach.
Hahaha anyone who knows me knows I'm no coach but I do believe this game has potential to be one of the best ones of the week! I hope the Blackats are at full health and find a way to use all the talent on that roster. Hail Blackats!
If the Blackcat line both offense and defense step it up, they win. If not, it’s gonna be a long miserable night for the cats.
This is the true testament to see if the Burg is legit. After Paintsville's brutal beating of Floyd Central, this will show if Hager and company is back. I'm rooting for the Blackcats to revive the program, we need good county football back. 

Pburg- 22 
Pville- 14
I’ve been waiting this week to see if I heard about Elliott’s hand injury and anything for certain about Adams and Stumbo to make my prediction.

With the information I have gathered, I shall eat crow and pick the Blackcats to win this one. I am now a believer in the kids. Still don’t think the coaching is great but the kids are playing hard.
Hey Burke Garner!! If Paintsville is “F***in terrible” what’s that make your mighty blackcats? You’re a pathetic loser
Sloppy, ugly game. Someone will eventually win, but there are no big winners tonight.
I could barely see the game for all the flags but Pburg pulls out the win with a big stop 21-20.. Paintsville gave it away with penalties in that final drive
(09-01-2024, 09:43 PM)Cardinalfootballguy Wrote: Paintsville wins

(09-01-2024, 10:37 PM)Belichick Wrote: I’m going with Paintsville by a fuzz to extend the Blackcat misery of not being able to beat them. But it seems like it should be a great game.

Wrong-o!!!
(09-06-2024, 11:00 PM)BlackcatPride32 Wrote:
(09-01-2024, 09:43 PM)Cardinalfootballguy Wrote: Paintsville wins

(09-01-2024, 10:37 PM)Belichick Wrote: I’m going with Paintsville by a fuzz to extend the Blackcat misery of not being able to beat them.  But it seems like it should be a great game.

Wrong-o!!!
Congrats on 3-0. However, both of these teams are light years away from being relevant.
Oh hush Jason and go poop on someone else’s parade. Paintsville won’t ever be relevant again, but Prestonsburg is headed in the right direction. I would tell you to go coach them up but……
[-] The following 1 user Likes HowBoutThemBlackcats's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Great win by the Blackcats. Line play is much improved. I especially liked the D-line submarine attack at various times throughout the night. It helped keep Paintsville line a little off balance. Both teams showed a lot of heart and that’s what high school football is about. Paintsville quarterback read/draw nearly carried the day for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hawg laig's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Played for Pburg and don’t know why Paintsville stopped running with the QB, think it would have been a different outcome, also if you are Paintsville, the unsportsmanlike conducts cost you the game. No class at all, The WR after his score taunted and that took them out of position for the 2 point, they said things to Pbug kids all week, even sent the school dead flowers. Take the L
Is Pburg the real deal? Huge momentum game for the Blackcats.
(09-07-2024, 12:13 AM)barnburner Wrote: Played for Pburg and don’t know why Paintsville stopped running with the QB, think it would have been a different outcome, also if you are Paintsville, the unsportsmanlike conducts cost you the game. No class at all, The WR after his score taunted and that took them out of position for the 2 point, they said things to Pbug kids all week, even sent the school dead flowers. Take the L
If there was ever a time to take an L. This was the game. Credit to PBurg for playing hard and winning but good Lord,  Paintsville played about as sloppy as I have seen them play in several years. False starts, bad snaps, holding, delay of games, you name it. We simply did not play winning football.

(09-07-2024, 12:19 AM)BroncoBilly Wrote: Is Pburg the real deal? Huge momentum game for the Blackcats.
I will get crushed for saying it, but in a word: No.