Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best rb's ever to play at your school
just wondering who is the best running back to ever play at your schools
At Paintsville it had to be Mike Minix. He was a HS All-American, and played in an All-American game down in Florida against Joe Naimeth, Dick Butkus, and numerous other stars. Minix was the MVP of that All-American game.
Ashland has had Gary Thomas (father of current RB Matt Thomas), Juan Thomas, and most recently Arliss Beach (currently on the active roster of the Green Bay Packers).
greg hackney steve bailey the deramus bros. brent coleman barrett rogers paul sullivan jeremiah akers chuck huffman just to name a few
Lee Renfro. SouthWestern. full ride to Ohio
Gotta be Brad Tiller...
Mike "The Missile" Minix I have heard my Dad talk about him, says probably on of the best backs he has ever seen play..and thats spanning over 40 some odd years...for South Floyd with out a doubt B.J. Bryant....but me being an ole Wheelwright boy I have to go with David Hall from back in the 80's.
the sutkamps at bellevue...
matt slone i have to say for prestonsburg most explosive rb i've ever seen plus blazing speed
Scottie Newell for Somerset
Joe Hughes
PHS_JT Wrote:matt slone i have to say for prestonsburg most explosive rb i've ever seen plus blazing speed

agree 100% :thumpsup:
I played against Slone and Fannin, the M&M boys as Coach D called them. In all honesty Slone was a good back , but he doesn't have the numbers that he did if Fannin's not in that backfield. Both were strong, big backs, with good speed, and had a heck of a QB in Willis and some good WR's. In 2001 they were very balanced in the skill positions and had a huge line to open holes for any back.
Bobby owens 100% Kcc
PHSCARD Wrote:At Paintsville it had to be Mike Minix. He was a HS All-American, and played in an All-American game down in Florida against Joe Naimeth, Dick Butkus, and numerous other stars. Minix was the MVP of that All-American game.

Old_Trojan Wrote:Mike "The Missile" Minix I have heard my Dad talk about him, says probably on of the best backs he has ever seen play..and thats spanning over 40 some odd years...

Mike would definately have to be the best from Paintsville. Paintsville has had it's fair share of great runningbacks over the years.
It would be close for pburg with Seth hyden, 1993, and Matt slone, 2001..
Billy Peck for Phelps.
He was awesome, but look at the line he had!
Quote: Billy Peck for Phelps

He was good but I think Bo Wolford was better.,
Both of these 2 were good but you can't forget Ricky L. Dotson and Mitch and Mike Fannin as well.... Phelps has some good kids play ball but seem to be good in areas and weak in others...
Ricky made all state in his first year of play! He was an awesome athlete...
Lawrence Co could have been Tailback U in the 90's:
Lee Abshire (All State)
Mike West (All State)
Nick Meadows (All State)

Tater McKenzie (Marshall)
Eric Cantrell
Webb Roberts (Morehead)
Howard Adams (Georgetown)
John Storts (Georgetown)

Bill McKenzie was really good in the 80's too.
bobby o. knott county
#24 Daniel Harmon will be on this list verrryyy shortly
Old_Trojan Wrote:Mike "The Missile" Minix I have heard my Dad talk about him, says probably on of the best backs he has ever seen play..and thats spanning over 40 some odd years...for South Floyd with out a doubt B.J. Bryant....but me being an ole Wheelwright boy I have to go with David Hall from back in the 80's.

You gotem both right for WHS and SFHS
For Sheldon Clark this conversation has got to start and end with Brad Tiller. The fastest athlete I have ever laid eyes on.

Some others that deserve mentioning are (In no paticular order):

*Ben Delong
*Moe Spradlin
*Donnie Webb
*Rusty Fletcher
*John Stafford
*Jason Jewell
*Adam Dials (Still plays but has made quite a name for himself)

Like I said all of these men deserve to be mentioned, but Tiller is still in a class by himself.
bulldog42 Wrote:Lawrence Co could have been Tailback U in the 90's:
Lee Abshire (All State)
Mike West (All State)
Nick Meadows (All State)

Tater McKenzie (Marshall)
Eric Cantrell
Webb Roberts (Morehead)
Howard Adams (Georgetown)
John Storts (Georgetown)

Bill McKenzie was really good in the 80's too.
could you please tell me why mike copley name is not on your tailback high list
Seth Hyden P'Burg in the early 90's
John Boy from Shelby Valley