Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
44.44%
Letcher County Central
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bell County at Letcher County Central 9/6
Bell County at Letcher County Central. Thoughts?
LCC has a good chance to pull this one off imo.
I do too. But only if they get rid of that dumb stand up defense
(09-01-2024, 11:04 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I do too. But only if they get rid of that dumb stand up defense
Everybody that roots for Letcher hates that defense. Letcher will be without Smith so it could be a tough game Friday night .
#18 getting ejected last week and having to miss this week because of that will hurt. With him they had a punchers chance. Without him Bell by a lot.

Bell 42
LCC 14
Just from comparing scores this one could go either way. Granted I don’t know a lot about LCC or their ejected player, that could hurt them in this one. Bell plays hard, but struggles to finish drives at times. If they can break through that trend they have a nice team. Give me Bell, 35-20.
Bell by 2 TDs
If Letcher will feed 46 and 2 the ball they may keep it close but they always try to spread it around to much. Losing Smith kills them on defense the most. After his ejection that looked awful on defense.
Bell will find away to win.
I think letcher has 2 factors in their favor…
1. Playing at home will make it tough on bell. Playing on that hill in whitesburg is tough on any team outside the 14th region, plus Dudley has had arguments with refs from that area for what 50 years? The guys in stripes from the 14th don’t bow down to him like some do in the 13th. When you combine a young team going against competitive team on the road in that environment disasters can happen.

2. Youth up front. North straight up proved to everyone that the oline for bell isn’t what it was last year. Blitzing is the way to beat bell, and i think (different from everyone else) the week to do that stand up defense is this week. I have seen multiple plays on ONE DRIVE lineman for bell have missed assignments and about got someone killed, and when the defense is constantly moving that makes it confusing on their young and inexperienced line. Maybe don’t do it every play, but on third and medium-long, that defense would give bells front issues.

Athletically bell matches up great, however youth and inexperience on the road with some of their new starters might kill them in this one. I still will pick bell county over 95 percent of the teams east of 75 but this is a tough one IMO. Better not over look.

Bobcats 35-21
Will q williams see any time at qb? Maybe wildcat formation. Kid has good speed and can play multiple positions.