Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland -21 Ashland -16
This one is a shocker.....The Tomcats (0-1) host the Belfry Pirates next week
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's going to be a long, long season in Ashland. We lost and confused all night on both sides of the ball. We lost top WR/FS Luke Bonner (lead team in tackles last season) on the first series of the game. It will be interesting how he returns, if he returns. Raceland was well coached and very poised on both sides of the ball. I can't wait to hear or maybe even see the Fairview/Raceland game this season.
I can't believe this score.. Congratulations to raceland.. I think Ashland will get it together..
What happend to Bonner? ankle or knee?
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:What happend to Bonner? ankle or knee?

Knee. The way it looked, how he acted on the sidelines, and how Coach Hart is talking about him, I believe he will be done for the season. It's always tough to lose one of your best and most experienced players on both sides of the ball as well as a team captain. The last I heard he was on his way to the hospital to get an MRI.
. Raceland opened some eyes tonight I bet . Congratulations I was pulling for you all :Thumbs:
Raceland and former LC player now coach with the Rams (Gerad Parker) pull off a great win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Raceland and former LC player now coach with the Rams (Gerad Parker) pull off a great win.

Did you go to the LC game Bat?
yes I did just got back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
The Rams came out to play tonight, and they were confident and well poised on both sides of the ball. I haven't seen this Raceland team play until tonight but I expect to see some great things out of Raceland this year, especially if they keep playing the way they did tonight. Congrats to the Rams and good luck on the season, I'll be rooting for you all.

As for the Tomcats, I think we're going to have a long, forgetable season if we keep playing like we did tonight. One thing that hurt us was that we did not get a good performance from our O-line. I thought getting Michael Walters back would help us out some (even though he's not 100%), but unfortunately it didn't. Our line is going to have to step it up. Another thing, as Tomcat68 mentioned, was that we looked confused all night on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we'll pick up on our mistakes from this performance and make some corrections. Belfry is coming into town next week, and we have a lot of work to get done on the field.
Congrats to the rams.
Congrats to Raceland, well it looks like the Tomcats will prolly start the season out (0-2)
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats to Raceland, well it looks like the Tomcats will prolly start the season out (0-2)

With the schedule starting Raceland, Belfry, Russell, Portsmouth West, and Prestonsburg, the Tomcats are looking at starting possibly 1-4 or an amazing 0-5. Raceland was expected to be the easiest of the teams on the first half of the schedule.
tomcats=hurting from grad class of last year and maybe the fall of the tomcat empire. Could their be a new reign in the district???!??!?!?!
Congrats to the Rams on the win. I know many ppl didnt give you guys a chance, just proves thats why we play the games. The Tomcats are the Tomcats and should get it together. Might take some time though.
iono about time their divison is the one were you have to either win to stay caught up in the divison race or loose and start packing. But I learned something that the beach boy from GC last year plays for the rams. Now that is pretty weird for he quit on his team in the middle of the year which should say something abut ur player.
there was a lot of confusion. they ran no huddle the whole game and we wern't prepared for that. we couldn't call any defensive plays or substitute. at one time matt thomas was playing saftey for luke bonner. he had never played saftey in his life. the reverse on the goal line was a horrible call. mahan looked a little more calm in the pocket If he would have started he would have had a better game. our offensive line looked horrible. we had a few players playing hurt and just made thereself worst.
Congrats to Raceland....
and news on bonner is........... way hart was talkin sounds like he is makin a early exit for his sr yr.
Ashland endured a tough loss and the next two games arent going to be easy (belfry and russell) but if there first 3 games are at home then that means after the russell game they will spending a little time on the road