Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paris
50.00%
Paintsville
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Paris at Paintsville 8/30
Paris vs Paintsville. Thoughts?
This game has peaked my interest. I didn’t expect either game Friday to go that it did for both teams. I expected Paris to win by nearly a running clock over Frankfort and expected Paintsville game to be competitive. It was pretty much the opposite. This should be a good ball game.
Go Tigers!
Paris all day but ill be pulling for Trevor hoskins to get the win.
GO HOUNDS!!!!!
Pulling fo the Tigers in this one
I made my way down to the thoroughbred capital of the world to catch the Orange field and Eiffel tower last week. Orange field is ... very orange, Eiffel Tower is ... underwhelming. The Paradise Cafe next to the Eiffel Tower ... Top 2 Chinese foods I've ever had.

That said, Paris was probably 50 points better than Frankfort but to say they were sloppy would be an understatement. I believe they had 4 TDs called back for pointless penalties. They had I believe around 14-15 penalties total and seemed to be playing like they were bored. Frankfort had a very good athlete #4 who was able to get loose in the third for a long TD, but other than that they didn't really move the ball. The Webb kid at Paris is maybe the most athletically gifted 1a player I've seen since EJ Fields, but he can be a bit lazy without the ball. Paris' line looked really good at times and really bad at times, but I was told that only 1 of them had game reps. For whatever reason Paris would rip a 40 yard run and then throw the ball 3 times. The only thing I can figure is they were trying to find QB1, because both were bad in the passing game.

This game like most will be won in the trenches. If Paris can hold their own inside the box, they will kill paintsville with speed and I doubt the game will be close. If Paris gets dominated up front I don't think they have the QB play to make up for it in the passing game and the game will be closer than most think.

I got Paris 35-7.
Paris looked to me about like last year. Suspect upfront, no real consistency in the passing game, but has atheletes and can break off some explosive plays. But they are pretty undisciplined. Not just with penalties, but consistency in assignments defensively, offensive details, etc. that’s a coaching issue that has seemed to be pretty common for Paris in terms of getting over the hump. In the off-season I had Paris as a dark horse to win the district. After watching them online though…same old Paris. I hope for the sake of 1A ball they can continue to improve but as for now i don’t see them taking a big step forward this year. That being said, I still think they have enough atheletes to give Paintsville all they want.

Greyhounds 28
Tigers 14
Will it say more about Paris or Paintsville if this game is close?
Paris will win this game, not sure if it will be as much as last year. But the Paintsville quarterback impressed me watching the highlights on WYMT on how come and collective he was looking down field. I also want to say that Paintsville D line won the LOS too for them in the Floyd Central game.

Give me Paris 32 to 16.
I'll take the Tigers.
Over/Under on Personal Fouls/Fights/Ejections - 7 1/2. Offsetting personal foul penalties counts as 2 for all you gamblers.
I’m taking the over JP…that’s just considering Paris
Picking Paintsville in this one
Update or link?
(08-30-2024, 11:35 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Update or link?

63-30-  Good Guys