Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letcher County Central
60.00%
Raceland
40.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Letcher County Central at Raceland 8/30
Letcher County Central at Raceland. 8/30
This won’t be an easy task for Raceland. Almost all of Raceland offensive production is gone from a year ago in this match up while LCC returns almost all of theirs I believe. Letcher is big and strong. Rams need this win pretty bad, imo, to keep the focus through the gauntlet that is the first half of the season. This one is closer than it probably should be.

Rams 28
Letcher 14
Going with the Rams but think this one is going to be very competitive
We need this one. This is where we begin to reap the benefits of a couple tough scrimmages and an opening game against Ashland. The Rams pull away down the stretch. I think our offense will still struggle so it won’t be a high scoring affair. 21-6 Rams.
I just don’t know. Lol!!
(08-25-2024, 07:30 PM)64SUR Wrote: I just don’t know. Lol!!
Come on 64Sur spread some of that wisdom on us oh buddy
Raceland because they’re at home but it will be close.
This is going to be a dandy of a game. Letcher has a good group of skill kids and solid defensive and offensive lines. Letcher defensively didn’t even get down on the line on defense. They moved around all game trying to confuse the front for SV. They got pressure all game. They are aggressive so Raceland may be able to take advantage of that with the right plays picked.
Raceland because they’re at home but it will be close. Should be a good game.
I like this matchup. Especially this year. LCC resembles Pikeville with their big backfield. Not to say they are at Pikevilles level, but from the eye test they have a few big bruising backs and they are pretty big upfront. SV…I’m not sure how good they are this year, but from watching that game online, they struggled. Idk if it was LCC that made them struggle or if they are down this year. This is a game that is pretty important for Raceland to win. Hazard and NCC are both improved and a win this week is pretty important for the psyche of a young team, imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • bac2369
LCC wins in a bruising fashion. 21-7
raceland running clock.
It’s gonna be a hot one boys and girls….does anyone know at what point game gets called for heat ?
It won’t get called. It might be moved to 8pm or later though
It's already @ 8 PM because of the three hour drive.
Hate that for the kids, there will be bodies laying around cramping like crazy. Game will be a late one.
This is a tough one for me. I believe the Rams will continue to struggle scoring points until a switch is made. We’ve score one touchdown on the season and I’m hoping it’s not another one score night this Friday
(08-27-2024, 07:10 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: This is a tough one for me. I believe the Rams will continue to struggle scoring points until a switch is made. We’ve score one touchdown on the season and I’m hoping it’s not another one score night this Friday
That bad aye?
Raceland will be fine. May take lumps but their season will finish the same place it did last year.
I agree with Ram Dad. Defensively Raceland plays good but they stay in the field for too lol. Offensively I think they are still figuring out who they are. As for this week it can go either way but I’m giving the edge to Letcher as they seem to have things more figured out at this point.

As for down the road, this isn’t a typical Raceland team and I think they will struggle throughout the season due to inexperience. I would honestly be surprised to see them make it past the 3rd round this season.

Letcher 28
Raceland 14
I know you Ram land posters don’t care what I think but I believe this is thread needs to get a little more lively now I watched the Ashland game and the offense was not spectacular by any means but this is week 2 the first game jitters are over I thank the Rams find a little identity Friday night and win this game plus I don’t think LCC is as good as Ashland and really the defense played fairly well so they get it better this week and get this win but one never knows with young players playing crucial roles for the team now I quit
That’s all very true Patriot. I really think that Raceland is still 2 or 3 scores better. Last year it was speed that was in our advantage. LCC can keep it close if they can control TOP. If not, it won’t be a running clock by any stretch but I think the Rams pull away late. LCC doesn’t have the atheletes in the secondary Ashland had either. Ashland pretty well clamped down on our passing game and exploited the inexperience at QB. On the other hand, LCC gave up 220 to Shelby Valley. And SV is pretty down this year. So I think this game tells folks as much about LCC as it does Raceland.
Smith is 400 meter state track champ in the secondary. I would say that is a pretty good athlete
(08-28-2024, 09:21 PM)UKisN1 Wrote: Smith is 400 meter state track champ in the secondary. I would say that is a pretty good athlete
I don’t think nobody said that LCC didn’t have no athletes but we just compared to LCC team to Ashland and UKisN1 only in are hearts but not in nothing else but they were closer in baseball than anything else and hopefully the new basketball ball coach gets them back in mix in basketball
(08-28-2024, 09:21 PM)UKisN1 Wrote: Smith is 400 meter state track champ in the secondary. I would say that is a pretty good athlete
I just checked out his times on MileSplit and his 100m (11.32) and 200m (22.85) times were pretty impressive as well.  Whether or not that translates to the football field remains to be seen but based off of those track times he will be the fastest kid on the field Friday.
Letchers to strong in this one. They win it 28-14.
Are the Rams sticking with Ison at quarterback? Or they gonna give Waller a shot?
Right now I think you are going to see the same approach you saw last Friday. There’s a learning curve for Ison he has to get straightened out, but Waller has a physicality curve he has to get figured out as well. By the end of the year though, I expect to see a similar look to when Messer was at Raceland. Ison has a lot of potential and last week was a tough first outing for him against a very good Ashland secondary. I think you will see a lot of growth out of him this week.
Picking Raceland to win but hope Letcher proves me wrong because that's who I'm really pulling for. 
Letcher took my JC Golden Eagles to the wire a few years ago.  They'd really done good building their program up. Hoping they can keep the pedal to the metal. 
Here's the thing about me,  when someone beats my team which is JC, or gives them a close game,  I don't get mad.  I instantly feel respect towards them  Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like King Kong's post:
  • Patriot1, SomeBunnyFan_10