Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
40.00%
North Laurel
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whitley County at North Laurel. 8/30
Whitley County vs North Laurel. Thoughts?
Very underrated game imo. Ima go with whitley in a close one.
This was a very close game last year. I expect the same again this year.
If Whitley cleans up the mistakes and finds someone beside Parker to take over the workload sometimes they can be a good team. They’re simply not going to throw the ball.
This game is interesting. I think North is solid but I’ve said all summer Bell was going to take a big step back. If Whitley can take care of the ball, run the clock, and bend but not break on defense then it’s very possible they could leave north with a win.
Looking at their schedule, every single game they have minus Corbin is winnable. I think injuries are the biggest concern.
Whitley County 28-14
Whitley County
(08-25-2024, 01:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Whitley County 28-14
Hey Pj look who I’m picking.  Lol!!

North Laurel 35
Whitley County 28
North Laurel wins it 28-12.
If the Colonels could beat a Knox County team and a Laurel County team in successive weeks, I will love them for a lifetime. GO COLONELS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(08-25-2024, 02:15 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: North Laurel wins it 28-12.

No. I don't think so. No
(08-25-2024, 02:04 PM)64SUR Wrote:

North Laurel 35
Whitley County 28

You're always on the bandwagon and picking anybody besides Whitley County . The Colonels are gonna smoke your hind end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Granny Bear
(08-25-2024, 06:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

North Laurel 35
Whitley County 28

You're always on the bandwagon and picking anybody besides Whitley County . The Colonels are gonna smoke your hind end.
Come down now Pjdoug, Coach Wayne mills from Knox is my friend and North Laurel is where my son went to school. I can see me in the near future picking Whitley County. Baseball is right around the corner. Lol!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Granny Bear, pjdoug
After the way, NL came out on Log Mtn. fired up with a chip on their shoulder ready to play,
I am going to stick with them against Whitley County. Those young coaches have got them
fired up and ready to play. It was the best NL 1st game people were saying they could ever
remember. Their line has been underrated both ways, they were going after it every single
play. I probably saw the 2nd best catch I ever saw in High School in that game Kelly kid from
North Laurel. Their kicker put a 44 yard field goal thru the uprights. QB was on with the best
throws we had ever seen out of him, he's been to some kind of camp or practice or something
and the McWhorter Kid was all over the place he is a beast on the field. I think this will be a
great game to take in this week! Exciting!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, North laurel Fan
Whitley 35 north 20
(08-25-2024, 06:50 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-25-2024, 06:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

North Laurel 35
Whitley County 28

Come down now Pjdoug, Coach Wayne mills from Knox is my friend and North Laurel is where my son went to school. I can see me in the near future picking Whitley County. Baseball is right around the corner. Lol!!

Get on the football wagon.lol
(08-25-2024, 08:59 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: After the way, NL came out on Log Mtn. fired up with a chip on their shoulder ready to play,
I am going to stick with them against Whitley County.  Those young coaches have got them
fired up and ready to play.  It was the best NL 1st game people were saying they could ever
remember.  Their line has been underrated both ways, they were going after it every single
play.  I probably saw the 2nd best catch I ever saw in High School in that game Kelly kid from
North Laurel.  Their kicker put a 44 yard field goal thru the uprights.  QB was on with the best
throws we had ever seen out of him, he's been to some kind of camp or practice or something
and the McWhorter Kid was all over the place he is a beast on the field.  I think this will be a
great game to take in this week!  Exciting!!!

Whitley County is coming to play and go to war in the trenches.
Hopefully, that sound I hear coming from up around London Friday night will be he Jaguars falling back to earth with a great big gigantic green THUD .
(08-26-2024, 12:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-25-2024, 08:59 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: After the way, NL came out on Log Mtn. fired up with a chip on their shoulder ready to play,
I am going to stick with them against Whitley County.  Those young coaches have got them
fired up and ready to play.  It was the best NL 1st game people were saying they could ever
remember.  Their line has been underrated both ways, they were going after it every single
play.  I probably saw the 2nd best catch I ever saw in High School in that game Kelly kid from
North Laurel.  Their kicker put a 44 yard field goal thru the uprights.  QB was on with the best
and the McWhorter Kid was all over the place he is a beast on the field.  I think this will be a
great game to take in this week!  Exciting!!!

Whitley County is coming to play and go to war in the trenches.
I think it is going to be a GREAT game - may be the best this week, no kidding!   Like ole 
Bob Barker used to say: "Come On Down"!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • pjdoug