Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Prestonsburg 22 Leslie County 19
Shouldn’t this have been a blowout by Leslie with the offseason addition?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gunslinger33's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(08-24-2024, 03:00 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(08-24-2024, 01:03 PM)shottaker23 Wrote: I don't like football enough to be considered a fan but the flood of video that I've seen that the officiating was pretty biased especially on the 2 calls that influenced the outcome of the game. That being said you always know that you've got to be better than the home team to win and Leslie wasn't. Got robbed but wasn't good enough to overcome a couple horrid calls(or noncalls)

Wasn’t Leslie Co. the home team?
You are correct I didn’t realize that.
Leslie got robbed last night plain and simple and I don’t care who won the game but that was a bad last couple calls for the eagles.
(08-24-2024, 05:36 PM)Gunslinger33 Wrote: Shouldn’t this have been a blowout by Leslie with the offseason addition?

According to someone that transfer would have been enough to make the 41 point beat down that Perry County Central took last night competitive.  I can't figure out how that could be true but if wouldn't have been enough for Leslie County to win. ?‍♂️
(08-24-2024, 06:47 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(08-24-2024, 05:36 PM)Gunslinger33 Wrote: Shouldn’t this have been a blowout by Leslie with the offseason addition?

According to someone that transfer would have been enough to make the 41 point beat down that Perry County Central took last night competitive.  I can't figure out how that could be true but if wouldn't have been enough for Leslie County to win. ?‍♂️

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vmuMJDOnIDM&pp=ygUia2luZyBvZiBxdWVlbnMgZG91ZyBwbGF5cyBmb290YmFsbA%3D%3D
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Walt Longmire
Here is the play that was called a touchdown. You make the call.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/542050751508447
(08-25-2024, 12:59 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: Here is the play that was called a touchdown. You make the call.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/542050751508447

WOW  Woah
If 18, 1, and 31 go and make the tackle instead of celebrating it’s not left up to the refs. You play till you hear the whistle.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Bull got out!
Personally do not have a dog in this fight. Ventured over to log mountain to watch the North/Bell game. After watching the replay no call was bad call. But on the other side of that coin, how many teams over the years have rolled into Leslie County and been on the receiving end of the same kind of calls in close games? Game is over, you lost. Stop crying and move on getting prepared for this week. Just how I see it anyway.
[-] The following 6 users Like da_dime's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, BlackcatPride32, Blackcats nation 123, Blacksmith, Colonel4Life1999, hawg laig
Amen to that. I’ve seen Prestonsburg take a hosing in Hyden numerous times. Even dating back to the Tim Couch days, when Letton was coaching the Blackcats
[-] The following 2 users Like hawg laig's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Blacksmith
(08-26-2024, 06:35 PM)hawg laig Wrote: Amen to that. I’ve seen  Prestonsburg take a hosing in Hyden  numerous times. Even dating back to the Tim Couch days, when Letton was coaching the Blackcats
Yep. Plenty of the same calls has went against visiting teams throughout the years in Hyden. But fans are fine with those calls as long as it does not affect them. For the ones complaining about it, KHSAA offers the officiating test. Go take it, get your license and start officiating if you can do a better job. The way I see it anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like da_dime's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Blue_Bird96
I am pretty far from being a Prestonsburg fan but through the 2010s about every time they rolled in to Hyden they were wasting their time because they were playing a lot more than the 11 on the field and it was no secret. On the other hand, as many have said over the years if you want to blame the refs, don't make it close enough to matter. Good win for the Blackcats!
[-] The following 2 users Like Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Blue_Bird96
(08-26-2024, 06:35 PM)hawg laig Wrote: Amen to that. I’ve seen  Prestonsburg take a hosing in Hyden  numerous times. Even dating back to the Tim Couch days, when Letton was coaching the Blackcats
It was so common players expected it, and the coaches joked about it all week before the games...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blacksmith's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Shouldn't have identified Superman by name!!!
(08-25-2024, 01:03 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: If 18, 1, and 31 go and make the tackle instead of celebrating it’s not left up to the refs. You play till you hear the whistle.
Thats what should be being talked about.
[-] The following 2 users Like Blue_Bird96's post:
  • Blacksmith, Waitaminute
I haven't had a chance to get on here in a couple of weeks, but the Blackcats sure surprised me Friday night. I like the fact that Hager is running a style of offense that suits his personal. He doesn't have a big strong experienced line, but he is running plays that are quick in nature and it isn't giving the opposing defensive line, time to react. When Adams is cleared it will help tremendously, but he is doing what he needs to do by eating the clock and wearing the defense down. I thought Leslie looked the part, but they weren't very well coached. The kid that transferred from Perry Central should have gotten 15-20 touches, regardless if it's in the manner of rushing or receiving. He was too good of an athlete to get minimal touches.

Defensively, we looked much better than the Shelby Valley game, I question some of the personnel, but at this point we don't have a lot to work with. Overall, they bent, but didn't break and that's all you can ask for at this point. I thought Patton and Stumbo played well, and some of the young guys showed potential. As far as the final play, it could have very well been pass interference, but if you play and coach enough football, you are going to be on the other end of calls like this. It seems to all even out in the end. Hail Blackcats!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
The no call on the touchdown was definitely a “missed” call as the elbow was clearly down on a great camera angle with slomo but in real time that would be very easy to not see that elbow go down. Especially if you were focusing on trying to see if the players but went down or was on the defender. By no means was this some egregious cheating episode as has been insinuated by some. Standing where that official was and seeing it real time it was a bang bang play. Sometimes you get those, sometimes you don’t, get over it especially as the Leslie defenders could have easily made the tackle if they played through the whistle.
On the pass interference no call , it was missed as well watching it on that camera angle. Who knows the angle the official had and the fact that the Leslie WR didn’t even get his other hand on the ball may have influenced the no call. Pass interference calls are some of the most difficult to make for an official and if you want ch any game there will be “missed” PI calls.
Congrats to P-Burg and good luck to Leslie as I’m sure the team has long moved on to prepping for this week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Blacksmith
(08-27-2024, 02:07 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Shouldn't have identified Superman by name!!!
Don’t understand why you removed my comment when all I said was people shouldn’t be bashing kids by calling them Superman just because jet hijacks every thread. I didnt mention the kids name at all or any kids names. I was taking up for the kid and telling members kids get on this forum and read their comments. Are you butt hurt about the flex comment or something granny.
Your comment was fine until Superman was identified!
I didn’t identify Superman but anyways let’s move on…..
You didn't identify Superman, but he WAS identified.
So your post was directly linked to him.
I'm sorry. I don't agree with every rule and regulation here, but I have to enforce them fairly.
[-] The following 4 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, TheStickyBandit, Walt Longmire, Westside