Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
10.00%
Floyd Central
90.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Paintsville at Floyd Central 8/23
Paintsville at Floyd Central. Thoughts?
Like Floyd Central in this one
Central by 4td
Floyd Central is down a few linemen from what I've heard, maybe they're back this week. Maybe not. Haven't heard how serious those injuries are. Paintsville also looks to have AJ Johnson back at QB. That makes a huge difference, but how much will he be able to run the football? His legs are his biggest strength.

Should be a great football. I'll take the Jags at home, 26-20.
(08-18-2024, 08:56 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Floyd Central is down a few linemen from what I've heard, maybe they're back this week. Maybe not. Haven't heard how serious those injuries are. Paintsville also looks to have AJ Johnson back at QB. That makes a huge difference, but how much will he be able to run the football? His legs are his biggest strength.

Should be a great football. I'll take the Jags at home, 26-20.

They are only down one lineman. He tore his acl last year mid season and hasn’t been able to return. But that is the only lineman out.

I wasn’t impressed by FC last week at the skill positions. They have a lot of kinks to work out and will have to discover themselves in the first few games now that they can’t lean on Buck and Peterson. The skill positions players looked absolutely lost out there. I agree with you that it should be a great football game, and it will be extremely close. 

FC wins 28-27
I'm leaning FC but closer than it should be really. I'm waiting on FC to put it together and work as a unit... Still a little disjointed at the moment..
Floyd Central 33-28
I'm going with the Tigers