Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe Co 2025
(07-21-2024, 01:21 AM)SidelineFan Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 05:46 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I know what Wolfe has right now, but what do they after this group graduates? Could be what helps prospect coaches decide whether or not to be interested.

agreed. It is a 2 year window. Beat the brakes off everyone around and try to win the region back to back. Lose and you are the problem. 

Once those juniors graduate you take beatings like the Wolfe’s have from 2014-2019.

You got the inside scoop with Campbell being hired and knowledge about the WC program. 
(07-21-2024, 11:13 AM)HappyPappy Wrote:
(07-21-2024, 01:21 AM)SidelineFan Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 05:46 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I know what Wolfe has right now, but what do they after this group graduates? Could be what helps prospect coaches decide whether or not to be interested.

agreed. It is a 2 year window. Beat the brakes off everyone around and try to win the region back to back. Lose and you are the problem. 

Once those juniors graduate you take beatings like the Wolfe’s have from 2014-2019.

You got the inside scoop with Campbell being hired and knowledge about the WC program. 

I wouldn’t call it that. I just know a lot of people who are in a few school systems that like to share the “between us” comments. 

I would put money on it being Campbell from what I’ve heard.
I’m hearing it will be Campbell as well. I think he is a great coach who works well with the kids, knows his fundamentals of the game, and will put in 100% towards the program . He’s proved it in softball, let’s see what he can do with baseball.
Benny was officially announced as head coach a little bit ago. Congrats Bink!
[-] The following 1 user Likes catsrule's post:
  • SidelineFan
Congratulations Benny ! Will he keep the same staff ?
(07-24-2024, 03:01 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote: Congratulations Benny ! Will he keep the same staff ?

Good question. It is the Denniston boy who doesn't have any kids playing then after that it becomes parents. So what they do with the staff is up to Bink I would assume. Heard out of the rumor mill one of the other prospected head coaches was offered to be an assistant and turned it down. This is just through the rumor mill but I have been getting some pretty good info lately on who and what is going on in the 55th.
Can we all agree that Wolfe County is the best team in the 14th region this coming season ?

I feel like anything short of winning the All A , District & Regional Championship will be a disappointing season.

Benny is coming in at the perfect time. Wolfe finally has the best team in the region , Wolfe is seasoned , they have a good pitching rotation , they have a good hitting lineup , they have defense. Wolfe County hosts the regional tournament , Lucas Miller will be hand picking the umpires.
Plus the 14th region is extremely weak compared to prior years.

If Wolfe County some how loses the regional tournament. Will the Wolfe County faithful be ready to fire Benny like they was Rigsby ? Or will he get the same homeboy treatment that Bull Creech gets ?
(08-03-2024, 07:07 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote: Can we all agree that Wolfe County is the best team in the 14th region this coming season ?

I feel like anything short of winning the All A , District & Regional Championship will be a disappointing season.

Benny is coming in at the perfect time. Wolfe finally has the best team in the region , Wolfe is seasoned , they have a good pitching rotation , they have a good hitting lineup , they have defense. Wolfe County hosts the regional tournament , Lucas Miller will be hand picking the umpires.

If Wolfe County some how loses the regional tournament. Will the Wolfe County faithful be ready to fire Benny like they was Rigsby ? Or will he get the same homeboy treatment that Bull Creech gets ?
On paper yes, especially with what they return. However I don't think Hazard will be that far behind them with what they return. Only lost one senior from a runner up season. Both will have new coaches at the helm.
(08-03-2024, 07:07 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote: Can we all agree that Wolfe County is the best team in the 14th region this coming season ?

So if Wolfe was to win the District and All A next year, but lose the Region, that’s a disappointment? That’s a crazy statement to say it’s a disappointment. Lucas has been over umpires for a few years, what has it helped WC baseball? Name me an example. They are lucky enough to host region and All A, but how many times has teams not in Perry Co had to travel up the road to play Region tournaments? If WC was to catch a break and get a few good calls plus home field advantage, I say good it’s about time. 
 Rigsby left WC, he was not fired . He left for another job. He wasn’t about WC anyways, he was all about his travel ball teams. Proof being, one of his first social media posts from LCC was about his travel organization tryouts, plus he’s still using WC account just put LCC on it. We shall see how he does things up at LC compared to WC. Will he ride the bus to games with the players? Will he put in the time with the players or just let his assistants run practices? Will he make promises to his players only to break them if they don’t play travel ball for his organization? Benny is a WC guy who cares about his players. He’s already been involved with the kids more than Rigsby ever was involved. I guarantee if WC wins any region tournament this year that Benny Campbell will be on the bus with them to and from Richmond or Lexington , stay at hotel with them, and also be present at any activities that involves his players…. Unlike Rigsby who did none of those things with his players.  So good luck to Benny and his WC Wolves this coming season !!
(08-04-2024, 03:54 PM)HappyPappy Wrote:

So if Wolfe was to win the District and All A next year, but lose the Region, that’s a disappointment? That’s a crazy statement to say it’s a disappointment. Lucas has been over umpires for a few years, what has it helped WC baseball? Name me an example. They are lucky enough to host region and All A, but how many times has teams not in Perry Co had to travel up the road to play Region tournaments? If WC was to catch a break and get a few good calls plus home field advantage, I say good it’s about time. 
 Rigsby left WC, he was not fired . He left for another job. He wasn’t about WC anyways, he was all about his travel ball teams. Proof being, one of his first social media posts from LCC was about his travel organization tryouts, plus he’s still using WC account just put LCC on it. We shall see how he does things up at LC compared to WC. Will he ride the bus to games with the players? Will he put in the time with the players or just let his assistants run practices? Will he make promises to his players only to break them if they don’t play travel ball for his organization? Benny is a WC guy who cares about his players. He’s already been involved with the kids more than Rigsby ever was involved. I guarantee if WC wins any region tournament this year that Benny Campbell will be on the bus with them to and from Richmond or Lexington , stay at hotel with them, and also be present at any activities that involves his players…. Unlike Rigsby who did none of those things with his players.  So good luck to Benny and his WC Wolves this coming season !!
I agree. Not like the region is watered down. I still say there will be multiple teams who can win it. And as we saw last year, it only takes one good game to knock off so called favorite to win it. Powell and Wolfe was everyone's hands down favorite and neither made it. Estill had no shot on paper, but won it.
(08-04-2024, 09:44 PM)Bluecat Wrote:

I agree. Not like the region is watered down. I still say there will be multiple teams who can win it. And as we saw last year, it only takes one good game to knock off so called favorite to win it. Powell and Wolfe was everyone's hands down favorite and neither made it. Estill had no shot on paper, but won it.

Estill , Powell , Breathitt , Perry , Knott all lost a lot of players. So , yes. The region is definitely going to be watered down for a couple of years. It’s no one’s fault it’s just the cold hard truth.

All A ? Hazard should be the only team that can give Wolfe a decent game. Wolfe is the better team.

District ? Breathitt’s ace will be a freshmen this year. I think they lost 6-7 kids from last season. Will Jackson City even have a team ? So a district championship should be a walk in the park.

Region ? By the end of season I still think Hazard is the only team you all have to worry about. Wolfe should run the table next season without question.
What all did Leslie lose this past season? Seemed like they gave a lot of teams some trouble in Post Season.
Knott, letcher, Powell will all have a say about region next year…..it’s not going to be just Wolfe & hazard. Knott lost 3 but is loaded with youth & lcc lost 1 off a district title team. Powell will be there was well so to say it’s Wolfe or hazard is kinda a long shot & not to mention estill…..they’re always in the mix.
(08-05-2024, 09:24 AM)TwinTowers Wrote: Knott, letcher, Powell will all have a say about region next year…..it’s not going to be just Wolfe & hazard. Knott lost 3 but is loaded with youth & lcc lost 1 off a district title team. Powell will be there was well so to say it’s Wolfe or hazard is kinda a long shot & not to mention estill…..they’re always in the mix.

Your “loaded with youth” comment just proved my point. Teams loaded with youth can upset a team here & there but they never win 3 in a row to bring home a regional championship. Wolfe has been loaded with youth for 3-4 years. What has it gotten them ?

The 14th region will be weaker this year than it’s been in a long time. It’s gonna be down for a couple of years. Till all the youth gets caught up.

(08-05-2024, 08:24 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: What all did Leslie lose this past season? Seemed like they gave a lot of teams some trouble in Post Season.

I think Leslie will have a good season this year. Especially when Ryland Simpson is on the mound. I don’t think they can win 3 in a row during tourney time tho.

I feel like Hazard is the favorite in that district. If Bryan Dean can keep them all in the holler. The big question is. How will Meehan have Perry Central looking by district play ? He may be a tough out in the district tournament.
Did anyone transfer to/from Wolfe? They should be loaded with talent.
(09-05-2024, 03:21 PM)HatfieldMccoy Wrote: Did anyone transfer to/from Wolfe?  They should be loaded with talent.
Dylan Gay from owsley transferred to wolfe and to my knowledge nobody transferred from wolfe
(09-08-2024, 02:53 AM)Bulldog717 Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 03:21 PM)HatfieldMccoy Wrote: Did anyone transfer to/from Wolfe?  They should be loaded with talent.
Dylan Gay from owsley transferred to wolfe and to my knowledge nobody transferred from wolfe

What role with Gay play at Wolfe? Will he be able to break into the lineup?
(09-09-2024, 12:52 PM)Bulldog19 Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 02:53 AM)Bulldog717 Wrote:

I think he has a chance with his glove. Wolfe lost Voils was a great utility player that will be missed. I don’t Gay has a great bat. 

What role with Gay play at Wolfe? Will he be able to break into the lineup?