Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe Co 2025
Arguably the most talented team returning for 2025. New turf field being installed already approved by the board and now coaching position open. 

Must be going for gold to get a run at there first 14th Region Championship. Now the question is who do they go for? The team has 2 shots to win it and then it is a major rebuild as not much coming behind those upcoming juniors.

Thumbnail(s)

That’s Middle School opening .. but they need a better coach at the HS level. They are going to turf the baseball, softball, and soccer fields ( if board approves the final plans on the July board meeting)
I didn’t think they had enough kids to have a middle school job and I had heard rumors he is gone and the job is open.

Be a prime job to win a championship and play on a state of the art facility. The host region this year I believe and possibly all a. It’s getting close for them to host it.
(06-20-2024, 07:20 PM)SidelineFan Wrote: I didn’t think they had enough kids to have a middle school job and I had heard rumors he is gone and the job is open.

Be a prime job to win a championship and play on a state of the art facility. The host region this year I believe and possibly all a. It’s getting close for them to host it.

He maybe gone but I think what he was referring too is on the image you shared clearly says Location: Wolfe County Middle School. 

I just checked Wolfe County job openings and they don’t even have the head coaching position listed.
I would like to see Wolfe Co hire an up and coming coach, someone young and looking to make a name for themselves. Regionally there has got to be more coaches than the same 15/20 that just rotate around. I feel like there has to be a young man out there looking for a good opportunity. All just depends on who applies though I guess.
(07-01-2024, 03:05 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: I would like to see Wolfe Co hire an up and coming coach, someone young and looking to make a name for themselves. Regionally there has got to be more coaches than the same 15/20 that just rotate around. I feel like there has to be a young man out there looking for a good opportunity. All just depends on who applies though I guess.
You would think that there are some assistants with some of the top programs within the region maybe interested as well.
Wolfe Co will be hosting All A and Region finals this coming season. Also, they are planning on adding turf to their field. This is a great opportunity to add a coach that can make the players better and win a region championship…. With the addition of turf , their facilities take a huge leap forward.
(07-03-2024, 08:52 AM)HappyPappy Wrote: Wolfe Co will be hosting All A and Region finals this coming season. Also, they are planning on adding turf to their field. This is a great opportunity to add a coach that can make the players better and win a region championship…. With the addition of turf , their facilities take a huge leap forward.

but it is prolly one of the lowest populated towns in the region and a smaller feeder program that may barely have enough kids to have a team in 3 years. Thats the downside to a town like this. A group of kids will come through in the same class that get really good then there is a big gap of years where talent and numbers fall off. 

I think turf for WC definitely will make more kids interested but baseball is a hard game to learn. But money spent on your facilities will turn kids your way.
Rigsby resigns at Wolfe. Headed to Letcher.

Straight from the man himself.
What’s letcher getting in him? Curious to everyone’s thoughts.
(07-08-2024, 05:59 PM)TwinTowers Wrote: What’s letcher getting in him? Curious to everyone’s thoughts.

I guess some dedication to the program. He did work a ton on that field and program at Wolfe while he was there. Someone not a parent as well.
LCC doesn’t know what they are getting with Rigsby. Good luck LCC, you going to need it..

Big question is: Who will be the new coach at Wolfe????
Maybe Dean if he doesn’t go to Hazard if Varney leaves
Good luck if it’s Dean, you definitely have no idea what you’ll get from that narcissistic ego maniac. Expect good players to not play or be ran off along with how he treats the others. Man I feel sorry for any hs that thinks he’s a good hire, don’t you find it odd he came back to ky after being in Alabama for 10 years?? I know a lot of parents he better not run in to in letcher co lol.
Funny how an egotistical man like Rigsby leaves a regional contender for a rebuild. Guess he knew pressure would be on him to perform at Wolfe this year and he felt it was time to bolt.

If I’m Wolfe, I hire Brayden Wilson’s dad, Troy. Been nothing but successful in his many years coaching travel baseball. He knows the game and kids love him.
(07-09-2024, 11:52 AM)BCF4L Wrote: Funny how an egotistical man like Rigsby leaves a regional contender for a rebuild. Guess he knew pressure would be on him to perform at Wolfe this year and he felt it was time to bolt.

If I’m Wolfe, I hire Brayden Wilson’s dad, Troy. Been nothing but successful in his many years coaching travel baseball. He knows the game and kids love him.

Troy may be a good hire from what I’ve seen he’s the biggest brown noser at the game plus you have Lucas hand picking the umpires. May be a match made in Heaven.
(07-09-2024, 11:52 AM)BCF4L Wrote: Funny how an egotistical man like Rigsby leaves a regional contender for a rebuild. Guess he knew pressure would be on him to perform at Wolfe this year and he felt it was time to bolt.

If Wolfe is smart they will look into hiring Benny Campbell. He has multiple Regional titles with Wolfe’s Softball team. And nobody works harder than him. Don’t know how interested he would be. But he would be my first ask. He has no ties to the parents really. And all he does is win.
With Rigsby gone, who do you think Wolfe will pick up as a new head coach and do you think they will still be as successful as expected with Rigsby?
I’d say Rigsby left for the pay raise. LCC pays coaches pretty well but still not real well considering it’s a year around job these days. Wolfes gonna miss Rigsby a lot.
Letcher isn’t a rebuild, losing 1 player from last year with 5-6 incoming seniors then couple more athletes from football will play now that dean is gone. Good group of freshman and sophomores mixed in, future bright for lcc. Wolfe will be preseason ranked higher going in to next year but lcc has alot of experienced players and will contend for the 14th. I am curious to why he resigned from there to take the lcc job??? Does it really pay that much more to be the deciding factor?
Anymore on this?
Wolfe hasn’t posted coaching job yet.
Which school has the best indoor practice facility? Wasn’t real impressed with LCCs indoor stuff when I saw it but it’s adequate. How is Wolfes? Does Perry have the best indoor practice facility in the region?
(07-10-2024, 05:13 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’d say Rigsby left for the pay raise.  LCC pays coaches pretty well but still not real well considering it’s a year around job these days.  Wolfes gonna miss Rigsby a lot.
Never know people’s reasoning. But I don’t know of any coaches that got in it for the money.
Tewayne Willis is new Morgan Co coach.
Congratulations to Coach Willis.
Still nothing out of Wolfe about a new coach?
(07-20-2024, 01:14 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: Still nothing out of Wolfe about a new coach?

nothing yet. I know some that have been mentioned here have been contacted. Campbell is what I’ve heard it will be. 

I know some other people turned it down or didn’t show interest.
I know what Wolfe has right now, but what do they after this group graduates? Could be what helps prospect coaches decide whether or not to be interested.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • SidelineFan
(07-20-2024, 05:46 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I know what Wolfe has right now, but what do they after this group graduates? Could be what helps prospect coaches decide whether or not to be interested.

agreed. It is a 2 year window. Beat the brakes off everyone around and try to win the region back to back. Lose and you are the problem. 

Once those juniors graduate you take beatings like the Wolfe’s have from 2014-2019.