Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Luke Salmons named Corbin Head Coach
13th region reporting on Facebook.
I tried to tell yall lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • pjdoug
What does his resume look like? I know he's been at the school in WV 16 yrs. Anybody know if they've won any championships?
(05-29-2024, 05:26 PM)HOFER Wrote: What does his resume look like? I know he's been at the school in WV 16 yrs. Anybody know if they've won any championships?

Was 0-11 at Lawrence County in his first year there. Turned them into a 12-1 team the next season. Bell County ended Lawrence's season all three seasons Luke was there by a combined score of 163- 7 .  No championships at CM but he did lead them to the state runner-up in 2019.  Was named Coach of the Year in the Mountain State Athletic Conference last season.  Has two sons, one who will be a Sophomore QB for the Hounds and another who will be a freshman linebacker.

Who Quarterbacks Corbin ?

Does Elam go to join Target #1 ?

Why is an outgoing @sshole , I mean principal, named to head the Search Committee to appoint a new coach when he is on his way out of town?

Does the BOE all resign in protest?

Why would the apparent new hire, who already turned down Ironton in '18 , leave his native home in WVA to come to Corbin for one season?

Something smells to high heaven.  What the hell is going on???

Are they just smoking some Salmons in order to land a Haddock(x) in '25?

So Gee Dee many questions.  I can see a Civil War breaking out in Corbin over a football hire.

(05-29-2024, 05:21 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: I tried to tell yall lol
No you didn't.   You did after the Salmons talk began to heat up but you said it would be someone you heard right after Tommy resigned?  Was Salmons mentioned right after Tommy resigned?  Don't think so. Haddix was the target>

So, Tommy Greer said he prayed about it before resigning and said God told him it was the thing to do. Coach Salmons said today that he prayed about this move before taking the job?

So, let's get this sh!t straight, people. This God told Tommy to leave his kids three and a half months before their season was to begin. This same God, we're being led to believe, told Luke to leave his kids 12 weeks before their seasoning opening game against a big rival.

Apparently God hates kids that play football. Or else, Coach Tom and Coach Luke are full of sh!t.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOxba4yWcAAo...me=900x900]
Are you Corbin fans ready for the Wing-T?
(05-29-2024, 06:10 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Are you Corbin fans ready for the Wing-T?

I'm ready for a gosh damn stiff drink(or three) !!! Where the hell is Bull when I need him?
This guy runs the spread, read option. Looks much like what Corbin has ran for years. Maybe a smidge more run but they had a stud back.
(05-29-2024, 06:17 PM)Red Deuces Wrote: This guy runs the spread, read option. Looks much like what Corbin has ran for years. Maybe a smidge more run but they had a stud back.
Well, he’s changed his offense in the last couple of years then. For years he ran the wing-t.

All of the Red Hound fans need to be ready for a subpar schedule year in and year out. Go back and look at his Lawrence County schedule from 2008 to 2010. This is a very strange hire in my opinion. He’s leaving the second largest school in West Virginia with an unbelievable talent pool to come to an absolutely loaded class 4A in Kentucky.
It’s called tradition. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of Corbin football? And this is coming from a complete outsider who doesn’t know a single person from/in
Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackAndYellow's post:
  • Old School 18
Dear Coach Luke: 

Would you kindly consider bringing this guy(#54), Mason Ramsey(OL/DL)  along with you when you come to Corbin?  I hear he's about 6'3" , 290 lbs.  I'm sure you have a nice big bed that he could sleep on. If you could do this for me I will love you forever.  

Love,

Old School

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/12...4/1080x360]

(05-29-2024, 06:22 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 06:17 PM)Red Deuces Wrote: This guy runs the spread, read option. Looks much like what Corbin has ran for years. Maybe a smidge more run but they had a stud back.
Well, he’s changed his offense in the last couple of years then. For years he ran the wing-t.

All of the Red Hound fans need to be ready for a subpar schedule year in and year out. Go back and look at his Lawrence County schedule from 2008 to 2010. This is a very strange hire in my opinion. He’s leaving the second largest school in West Virginia with an unbelievable talent pool to come to an absolutely loaded class 4A in Kentucky.
I hope he brings the whole damn pool with him.  

[Image: https://media.istockphoto.com/id/1700937...QGfTVO41Y=]
(05-29-2024, 06:22 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:

He’s got a better chance to beat Boyle at Corbin than beating Martinsburg at CM.  Martinsburg is another planet from everyone else in WV most years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dodger's post:
  • Old School 18
(05-29-2024, 05:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 05:26 PM)HOFER Wrote: What does his resume look like? I know he's been at the school in WV 16 yrs. Anybody know if they've won any championships?

Was 0-11 at Lawrence County in his first year there. Turned them into a 12-1 team the next season. Bell County ended Lawrence's season all three seasons Luke was there by a combined score of 163- 7 .  No championships at CM but he did lead them to the state runner-up in 2019.  Was named Coach of the Year in the Mountain State Athletic Conference last season.  Has two sons, one who will be a Sophomore QB for the Hounds and another who will be a freshman linebacker.

Why is an outgoing @sshole , I mean principal, named to head the Search Committee to appoint a new coach when he is on his way out of town?

Why would the apparent new hire, who already turned down Ironton in '18 , leave his native home in WVA to come to Corbin for one season?

So Gee Dee many questions.  I can see a Civil War breaking out in Corbin over a football hire.

No you didn't.   You did after the Salmons talk began to heat up but you said it would be someone you heard right after Tommy resigned?  Was Salmons mentioned right after Tommy resigned?  Don't think so. Haddix was the target>

So, Tommy Greer said he prayed about it before resigning and said God told him it was the thing to do. Coach Salmons said today that he prayed about this move before taking the job?

So, let's get this sh!t straight, people. This God told Tommy to leave his kids three and a half months before their season was to begin. This same God, we're being led to believe, told Luke to leave his kids 12 weeks before their seasoning opening game against a big rival.

Apparently God hates kids that play football. Or else, Coach Tom and Coach Luke are full of sh!t.

Look at my post history. Called it since day one.

Haddix doesn’t want you. He’s not going to date you. And he’s not coming back to deal with you geriatric psychos that think you’re owed something simply for residing in the town of Corbin.

I look forward to your future childish outburst. You deserve everything you get and more  Rolleyes
[-] The following 4 users Like RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Iggyfan, Jack Lambert, jax
I look forward to the QB controversy that’s about to blow up. It shall be so much fun.
  • pjdoug
(05-29-2024, 07:38 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

Haddix doesn’t want you. He’s not going to date you. And he’s not coming back to deal with you geriatric psychos that think you’re owed something simply for residing in the town of Corbin.

I look forward to your future childish outburst. You deserve everything you get and more  Rolleyes

Show me that you mentioned Salmons as soon as Tommy resigned and I will bow down to your golden throne. Smile You mentioned Salmons after someone on another website mentioned the named Salmons and someone mentioned him on here.  Then you heard from some Corbin fans on here that they were about to close the deal on Haddix and you began running with that. You are Les-Dixon-esque in your journalism capabilities.

(05-29-2024, 07:41 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: I look forward to the QB controversy that’s about to blow up. It shall be so much fun.

That's not an original , either.  I already spoke of it.  You need original material.   Smile

As Old School mentioned previously,  who is gonna be the QB for the Hounds, Elam or young Salmons?
They never won a state championship but they played in the state championship couple of time was blown out both time
(05-29-2024, 06:10 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Are you Corbin fans ready for the Wing-T?

Here is a Cable Midland game from last season.  It doesn't look like the Wing-T.

Looks like one of his son's is a quarterback.

Here is a quote that I think will win OSH over.

"They pursued me and I prayed about it," Salmons said. "It's where God led me. I'm comfortable with it. There's nothing bad here, nothing negative. I love Cabell Midland."

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h...K2rrW9qUjN
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
He is very much run heavy. Last season They got the top QB in the state and NC State commit that transferred in so they tried to change it up but he never came close to his numbers at Parkersburg South. I would guess half as many passing yard or less.

You and Lambert need better sources. I am one degree of separation from the man himself. I know what he was saying. There are things he's not happy with. His time there is limited.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42
(05-29-2024, 08:06 PM)Coach00 Wrote:
They never won a state championship but they played in the state championship couple of time was blown out both time

sounds familiar
  • jax
(05-29-2024, 09:10 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

You and Lambert need better sources. I am one degree of separation from the man himself. I know what he was saying. There are things he's not happy with. His time there is limited.

sure little buddy. Let’s get you back in bed. I’m sure daddy haddix will be back in no time. And monsters aren’t real.
Just support the new coach. Give him a chance. Haddix said no, just move on. This might be a good hire. I definitely hope Boyle and Corbin play in the playoffs!!
(05-29-2024, 09:33 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

sure little buddy. Let’s get you back in bed. I’m sure daddy haddix will be back in no time. And monsters aren’t real.

Look fella, you don't know who you're talking to. You hunt with any dog that you think might give you any little morsel of info, no matter how questionable. I know what I'm talking about. My sources are as good as can be. Haddix has considerable interest about being back at Corbin. He thinks he can win titles here. He has said as much. I could say a lot more and I will if you people keep p!ss!ing me off.
(05-29-2024, 10:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 05:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Was 0-11 at Lawrence County in his first year there. Turned them into a 12-1 team the next season. Bell County ended Lawrence's season all three seasons Luke was there by a combined score of 163- 7 .  No championships at CM but he did lead them to the state runner-up in 2019.  Was named Coach of the Year in the Mountain State Athletic Conference last season.  Has two sons, one who will be a Sophomore QB for the Hounds and another who will be a freshman linebacker.

Look fella, you don't know who you're talking to. You hunt with any dog that you think might give you any little morsel of info, no matter how questionable. I know what I'm talking about. My sources are as good as can be. Haddix has considerable interest about being back at Corbin. He thinks he can win titles here. He has said as much. I could say a lot more and I will if you people keep p!ss!ing me off.

Let’s get you back in bed grandpa. It’s dark outside. I’ll make sure the nurses don’t forget your meds again.
(05-29-2024, 10:18 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 07:38 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Look at my post history. Called it since day one.

Let’s get you back in bed grandpa. It’s dark outside. I’ll make sure the nurses don’t forget your meds again.

Just talked to a Corbin player, who had just heard the news of the hire. Seemed a little surprised. Said he was looking forward to meeting the new coach but said the kids were hoping Coach Haddix would return, especially after they saw Justin touring Corbin's Fieldhouse in recent weeks.
(05-29-2024, 09:55 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Just support the new coach. Give him a chance. Haddix said no, just move on. This might be a good hire. I definitely hope Boyle and Corbin play in the playoffs!!
You better hope Boyle don’t play Corbin in the playoffs because it’ll get ugly quick. After the last 24 hours I feel pretty certain Boyle Beats Corbin by 40 points or more if they meet. Greer and Mills both shagged ass before the 3rd beat down takes place..Did anyone inform the new Head Coach that Corbin already has a QB in place and that he will be a Senior? Oh wait, same shit happened couple years ago to a three year starter, Will it happen again?
(05-29-2024, 05:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Was 0-11 at Lawrence County in his first year there. Turned them into a 12-1 team the next season. Bell County ended Lawrence's season all three seasons Luke was there by a combined score of 163- 7 .  No championships at CM but he did lead them to the state runner-up in 2019.  Was named Coach of the Year in the Mountain State Athletic Conference last season.  Has two sons, one who will be a Sophomore QB for the Hounds and another who will be a freshman linebacker.

better p*ssed off than p*ssed on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
Congratulations to Luke Salmons. When I heard about his guy the first time, honestly I didn't know who he was. But I went and started researching him. I looked at his teams, talent pool, records and started digging anything I could find. I watched some of his videos of him talking and honestly, he is a very likeable guy. I wish him nothing but the best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Mayfieldsportsfan
Corbin about to get a big dose of that Steve Jewell offense lol
(05-30-2024, 12:08 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Corbin about to get a big dose of that Steve Jewell offense lol
At least the players will be in shape to play both ways…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut