Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 13 Breathitt County 3 (14th Region)
Final from KCC. 

KCC advances to Wednesdays semifinal against Estill County
Napier pitched a great game in this one. Their bats were hot all game and hit the ball all game long. Huff hit a shot in the 5th or 6th innning to pretty much seal the game. I hated that we didn’t have Bellamy today but not sure it would made a difference. It was all Pats today.
(05-28-2024, 12:08 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Napier pitched a great game in this one. Their bats were hot all game and hit the ball all game long. Huff hit a shot in the 5th or 6th innning to pretty much seal the game. I hated that we didn’t have Bellamy today but not sure it would made a difference. It was all Pats today.

I don’t know if it would have made a difference either. But , looked like Knott was facing young pitchers throwing in the 70s with very little junk. Huff’s shot was hit on an 8th grader.
(05-28-2024, 12:13 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 12:08 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Napier pitched a great game in this one. Their bats were hot all game and hit the ball all game long. Huff hit a shot in the 5th or 6th innning to pretty much seal the game. I hated that we didn’t have Bellamy today but not sure it would made a difference. It was all Pats today.

I don’t know if it would have made a difference either. But , looked like Knott was facing young pitchers throwing in the 70s with very little junk. Huff’s shot was hit on an 8th grader.

Yup, threw two sophomores and an 8th grader.
The result doesn't surprise me but the margin does. Not having Bellamy hurt Breathitt no doubt. Napier threw it well. Knott hit the ball really well today.
Knott keeps their bats hot. They win the region. I think it comes down between them and Powell and it will be a dandy.
Breathitt sure struggled without Issac. Didn’t they have any other pitching at all? Sean Damron proves he’s the best coach in the region.
It would have been nice to see Bellamy get to end his senior year in the region tournament. That took the life out of them.
(05-28-2024, 12:47 PM)14th Official Wrote: It would have been nice to see Bellamy get to end his senior year in the region tournament. That took the life out of them.

I agree. Sure a bad way to end your high school career. I’ve watched the video a few times. Eddie let that game get out of control and didn’t do anything about it till Breathitt retaliated. Eddie is a veteran umpire and should have handled the situation better. He could have restricted both players to their dugouts and that would have allowed them to play in the regional tournament.
(05-28-2024, 01:27 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 12:47 PM)14th Official Wrote: It would have been nice to see Bellamy get to end his senior year in the region tournament. That took the life out of them.

I agree. Sure a bad way to end your high school career.  I’ve watched the video a few times. Eddie let that game get out of control and didn’t do anything about it till Breathitt retaliated. Eddie is a veteran umpire and should have handled the situation better. He could have restricted both players to their dugouts and that would have allowed them to play in the regional tournament.
I’d say you’re right. With it being the post season he should have been more lenient to the situation.