Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Drew to Kentucky?
That seems to be the word. Apparently a private jet that’s registered to the crafts is on its way back from Waco TX. 

I’m okay with this.
I don't like it but understand it's the best play we have right now. I think hiring Drew we take 3 steps back.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I would rather have Bill D.
I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad move or a backwards hire. He took Baylor who was in shambles into a power house that won a national title.

I think Hurley either turned Kentucky down or Kentucky didn’t like the timeline for him.

If it is Drew could you imagine what next year could look like if, he can get VJ Edgecombe and several others to flip to Kentucky and to keep some if not
Most of the players already here? Look out…..

Baylor has one of the top recruiting classes for next season….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • Bluecat
Kentucky has NOT heard No from Hurley yet.
(04-10-2024, 01:16 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: That seems to be the word. Apparently a private jet that’s registered to the crafts is on its way back from Waco TX. 

I’m okay with this.

Not saying that it didn't happen, but nothing on sites like FlightAware indicating that there was a flight plan originating or ending in Waco or Lexington unless there's something that I missed.

Guess it's possible that the flight was out of and into other cities or didn’t show up on some of the sites that track flights too though.
He’s suppose to inform his staff by tomorrow on his future plans.
(04-10-2024, 02:02 PM)Westside Wrote: I would rather have Bill D.

Me too.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot, Westside
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!

TERRIBLE fit for UK !!!!

George Karl is advocating for this three time national champion to be Kentucky's new coach. ( I would prefer this choice over Scott Homer Drew) :

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/former-nb...tucky/amp/

(04-10-2024, 07:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Me too.

Me three .
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug, Westside
(04-10-2024, 02:00 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I don't like it but understand it's the best play we have right now. I think hiring Drew we take 3 steps back.

Cal's relationship had soured with many big $$$ donors.
Cal didn't have a relationship at all with the AD or the university.
Worst of all Cal won nothing the last 4 years and the program suffered many humiliating losses. On top of all that he was still arrogant AF and didn't even bother to show up for his post game show many times. 

Impossible to take 3 steps back from the last 4 years.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • insideinfo, Westside
(04-10-2024, 07:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!

TERRIBLE fit for UK !!!!

George Karl  is advocating for this three time national champion to be Kentucky's new coach. ( I would prefer this choice over Scott Homer Drew) :

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/former-nb...tucky/amp/

Me too.

Me three .
George Karl LMAO!!!
The fall out begins.....    Razorback fans gonna be calling the Hogs a lot next season.

But we'll probably have the team with the best prayer meetings.     Angry

[/url]Jeff Borzello

@jeffborzello
[url=https://twitter.com/jeffborzello]

NEWS: Five-star forward Jayden Quaintance has requested a release from his letter of intent to Kentucky and plans to reopen his recruitment, sources told ESPN. Quaintance (No. 14 in the ESPN 100) was the highest-ranked recruit in the Wildcats' No. 2-ranked recruiting class

Me too.

Same here. Would rather have Hurley, Oats, Billy D and Pitino. But Drew will be great if he comes.
(04-10-2024, 07:24 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The fall out begins.....    Razorback fans gonna be calling the Hogs a lot next season.

But we'll probably have the team with the best prayer meetings.     Angry

[/url]Jeff Borzello

@jeffborzello
[url=https://twitter.com/jeffborzello]

NEWS: Five-star forward Jayden Quaintance has requested a release from his letter of intent to Kentucky and plans to reopen his recruitment, sources told ESPN. Quaintance (No. 14 in the ESPN 100) was the highest-ranked recruit in the Wildcats' No. 2-ranked recruiting class
Yes, pray up!!! While you're at it pray we don't have to endure another 4 years of humiliation like what we just got from your hero!!!
YESSSSS !!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • insideinfo
Kentucky has had nothing but old , white men , including racists, Fascists, perverts, and alcoholics as coaches. A bold, progressive move might be what Karl suggested. She might the one to get #9.

[/url]George Karl

@CoachKarl22
[url=https://twitter.com/CoachKarl22]

It would be pretty cool to see Kentucky hire that damn good coach from South Carolina who just won a third championship!
(04-10-2024, 07:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Kentucky has had nothing but old , white men , including racists,  Fascists, perverts, and alcoholics as coaches.  A bold, progressive move might be what Karl suggested.  She might the one to get #9.
You're pretending that Tubby Smith was never born and UK didn't just hire a black man to be the women's coach, replacing a black woman who was the last coach. 

Screw Karl, he's an idiot. I already knew your first requirement for a new coach would have to be radical leftist idiot with bonus points for atheist. You're telling everyone to leave religion out of it but as always you are eat up with your far-left political agenda. 

And nobody is going to listen to your recommendations. You lost credibility when you were totally on board with Cal losing forever, for the sole reason that he is a left-winger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • insideinfo
(04-10-2024, 07:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Kentucky has had nothing but old , white men , including racists,  Fascists, perverts, and alcoholics as coaches.  A bold, progressive move might be what Karl suggested.  She might the one to get #9.

[/url]George Karl

@CoachKarl22
[url=https://twitter.com/CoachKarl22]

It would be pretty cool to see Kentucky hire that damn good coach from South Carolina who just won a third championship!

No it wouldn't. She's all for men playing women's basketball which means most people don't want her anywhere near them or their children.
There is a group of Branch Davidians who still exist and live at Mount Carmel, in Waco. I'm hearing that they have just offered Scott Drew and he's mulling over their offer. Stay tuned...

Come on, Barney, put a $16 million/yr for 8 yr offer on the table to Hurley(orBilly) and let's get a real basketball coach, not a Sunday School teacher who has lost 10 games or more in 16 of his 22 coaching seasons and has a grand total of 1 Final Four.
(04-10-2024, 07:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: There is a group of Branch Davidians who still exist and live at Mount Carmel, in Waco. I'm hearing that they have just offered Scott Drew and he's mulling over their offer. Stay tuned...

Come on, Barney, put a $16 million/yr for 8  yr offer on the table to Hurley(orBilly) and let's get a real basketball coach, not a Sunday School teacher who has lost 10 games or more in 16 of his 22 coaching seasons and has a grand total of 1 more national championship than my big hero has since 2012.

Fixed it for you. BTW when did winning start to matter to you? I thought as long as his players trusted him and he was a good ambassador of the university??? LOL YES !!!!!!!!
Let's say Hurley , Drew, and  Donovan all decide to stay where they are.  Who are  some of your real dark horses to come of nowhere and seize the job?

Mark Pope?  Bill Self?  Jai Lucas, Richard Pitino?
Rick Pitino, maybe even Bruce P. Necklace.
(04-10-2024, 07:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
You're pretending that Tubby Smith was never born and UK didn't just hire a black man to be the women's coach, replacing a black woman who was the last coach. 

Screw Karl, he's an idiot. I already knew your first requirement for a new coach would have to be radical leftist idiot with bonus points for atheist. You're telling everyone to leave religion out of it but as always you are eat up with your far-left political agenda. 

And nobody is going to listen to your recommendations. You lost credibility when you were totally on board with Cal losing forever, for the sole reason that he is a left-winger.
Well said
[-] The following 1 user Likes insideinfo's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-10-2024, 08:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Let's say Hurley , Drew, and  Donovan all decide to stay where they are.  Who are  some of your real dark horses to come of nowhere and seize the job?

Mark Pope?  Bill Self?  Jai Lucas,  Richard Pitino?

if it gets to that point then I would say probably Mark Few, Mark Pope or someone else. 

Kentucky seems to be really focused on Hurley and Drew. With Donovan being the 3rd. 

Let’s hope one of these say yes…
You gotta love Chip Gaines

Chip Gaines
@chipgaines
Ha.. yall have been great! Made my day fighting for coach D. Obviously we want him and he’s been the greatest thing to ever happen to
@BaylorMBB
BUT if yall get him, yall have gotten one of the greatest husbands and dads and friends, and men I’ve ever known. I think he’s staying w us here at BU but if not.. it’s because it’s the right thing for him and Kelly in this new season. God bless Scott Drew EITHER WAY ?
According to Justin Rowland (Cats Illustrated) Craft plane did indeed go to Texas yesterday and came back with Drew’s family. They toured Lexington all day yesterday then flew back.

According to this guy

[attachment=750]

Thumbnail(s)

So Scott Drew sent his family to house search and he stayed back to throw off the scent of the media thst he maybe wasn’t leaving?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-11-2024, 07:56 AM)Spud6 Wrote: So Scott Drew sent his family to house search and he stayed back to throw off the scent of the media thst he maybe wasn’t leaving?

LOL, nothing like that at all.
(04-11-2024, 07:56 AM)Spud6 Wrote: So Scott Drew sent his family to house search and he stayed back to throw off the scent of the media thst he maybe wasn’t leaving?

I guess you can say that. Hurley seems to be taking forever. He’s not said no but he’s hinted around at no
Too much jumping to conclusions and guessing. We'll just have to wait and see.
(04-11-2024, 08:28 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Too much jumping to conclusions and guessing. We'll just have to wait and see.

What is your thought behind his family being in Lexington, Kentucky randomly yesterday?
#BBFL