•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
Mike is a lot better then Chase Parsley, beat him twice, Mike has better Coaches on his bench then Chase Parsley
(03-22-2024, 10:53 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Pikeville doesn’t recruit. Don’t have to. Everyone wants to go there.
As far as next year for the Bobcats
Pente
Parsons
Allen
Collins
Hammond

Will be fine.
I assume Hall will be gone with his dad. I heard he has sent his resume’ to everyone in the area. 
I do expect BL to get a couple of transfers.

District favorite in 58 has to be Pburg
Go there and what compete all season, to lose in the tournament They got what 3 regions in past 20+ years I’d rather goto JC  and if that’s the case I hope Hammond works on his inside presence because the other 4 are out front. And can’t really play inside. I’m willing to put money on them getting 0 transfers Why would you come to something so dysfunctional. Heck past two years they’ve struggled with keeping the players they got.
(03-22-2024, 11:08 PM)ImNotD.Newsome Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 10:53 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Pikeville doesn’t recruit. Don’t have to. Everyone wants to go there.
Pente
Parsons
Allen
Collins
Hammond

Will be fine.
I assume Hall will be gone with his dad. I heard he has sent his resume’ to everyone in the area. 

Go there and what compete all season, to lose in the tournament They got what 3 regions in past 20+ years I’d rather goto JC  and if that’s the case I hope Hammond works on his inside presence because the other 4 are out front. And can’t really play inside. I’m willing to put money on them getting 0 transfers Why would you come to something so dysfunctional. Heck past two years they’ve struggled with keeping the players they got.

I can’t see BL getting anyone in. A previous post says a kid from Prestonsburg. But I don’t see that being a possibility. JC is set for the next 3 years. I think the region runs through them.
(03-23-2024, 12:31 AM)WarHawk12 Wrote:
Pente
Parsons
Allen
Collins
Hammond

Will be fine.

I can’t see BL getting anyone in. A previous post says a kid from Prestonsburg. But I don’t see that being a possibility. JC is set for the next 3 years. I think the region runs through them.
I agree 100%
Pente
Parsons
Allen
Collins
Hammond

Will be fine.

District favorite in 58 has to be Pburg.
Who would want to transfer there? Minus Hammond, that same team lost double digit games in middle school their last year playing together. If they plan on getting shots, they need to look elsewhere. There will be 2 players taking 90% of their shots. Any casual from another school that has watched them will know that to be true.
Webster's Dictionary Word of the Year 2024.... and the winner is................ Mike
[-] The following 2 users Like Ring'Em Up's post:
  • jetpilot, Wasp23
Pente
Parsons
Allen
Collins
Hammond

Will be fine.

7 or 8 players quit last year. 3 quit this season. One came back the next day during summer session. Their bench is made up of kids that have barely played organized basketball. 

Don't sleep on Floyd Central or Lawrence. FC has the best point guard in the district and possibly the best shooter. Now that the seniors are gone, some of the talented sophomore class will be jrs and ready to prove themselves again. Lawrence always pulls in talent.
(03-23-2024, 01:05 AM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
Pente
Parsons
Allen
Collins
Hammond

Will be fine.

District favorite in 58 has to be Pburg.
Who would want to transfer there? Minus Hammond, that same team lost double digit games in middle school their last year playing together. If they plan on getting shots, they need to look elsewhere. There will be 2 players taking 90% of their shots. Any casual from another school that has watched them will know that to be true.
This is what I’m saying! Not really a hot spot for players to try and go.
I thought all three of the teams made it to the county championship and lost all three. During this championship games couple of the boys were ruled ineligible for Covid tracing by health department.

Football team, looks great will help bring in kids.
Anyone know if Sykes went to Pikeville or not? Waiting to if the Buck kid leaves FC, was told today Ethan Cole is not leaving Paintsville by the parents best friend and Estridge will be at MC, JC or PC , what are y’all hearing on the two 8th graders from Valley did they leave for Pikeville?
(03-23-2024, 02:48 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Anyone know if Sykes went to Pikeville or not? Waiting to if the Buck kid leaves FC, was told today Ethan Cole is not leaving Paintsville by the parents best friend and Estridge will be at MC, JC or PC , what are y’all hearing on the two 8th graders from Valley did they leave for Pikeville?

8th graders from Valley will
Not enroll until they start their freshman year.  Estridge back to JC where he played at before prestonsburg??? Cole leaving never made sense. 
Not sure about Sykes, but Keen hasn’t actually enrolled either.
Dont know if it means anything but his parents have posted pics of him this week with the Pike Central guard but heard JC was likely. Heard Keene has enrolled, that’s done. Really interested in what Sykes does
Any other elementary school stars to be on the lookout for?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
We need get Alex Jones investigating this sh!t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ring'Em Up's post:
  • Wasp23
(03-23-2024, 10:35 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: We need get Alex Jones investigating this sh!t.

What are we investigating?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-23-2024, 08:58 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Dont know if it means anything but his parents have posted pics of him this week with the Pike Central guard but heard JC was likely. Heard Keene has enrolled, that’s done. Really interested in what Sykes does

Saw the Facebook post mentioned on one of these threads. If he does leave he should go to PC where he will be utilized and benefit. Not sure anyone could join JC and take anyone’s role.
With Pikeville being on spring break this week, expect Sykes to enroll the following week, if it’s true.
If Sykes and Keene end up at Pikeville, that is a deep, loaded, and crowded backcourt group. Many of the kids already on Pikeville’s roster most people outside the program haven’t seen much yet. From reports within, they gave those older kids this year all they wanted in practice. I’ve said it earlier this year when some suggested Pikeville takes a step back after this year. Fitzer loss hurts but they can replace the rest and not so sure the younger guys aren’t an upgrade at a few spots. They just need game time and experience. Only issue is Coach Justice has to find a way to keep them all happy. Are there enough minutes and shots to go around? I think Keene would start but Sykes would have a battle on his hands and both would have to play the type of defense Pikeville expects or they’ll find themselves sitting more than they ever have. I actually can see the competition within being an issue for a few players who think it’s their turn but you gotta play the best players on your roster. I’ve heard the Keene rumor for several years but only seen the Sykes rumor on this board FWIW. I’d believe it when they actually enroll but it’s fun to speculate. It’s 3 kids from Valley 8th grade rumored to be going to Pikeville next year and 1 already transferred back to Phelps. Valley needs a splash hire sooner than later.
Sykes is better than any guard on Pikeville’s roster he will grow even more under a great Coach, it does cause a problem because Little and the Bolden kid are going to be ready too. If Sykes does go Little and Bolden may want to look elsewhere. I’ve heard a lot of names mentioned for the Shelby Valley job, heard Elisha but can’t see that happening, heard Al Holland would be a fantastic hire and also heard Kevin Keathley reach out to them, get him you get a guard to replace Sykes if he leaves or one to go with him if he stays.
(03-24-2024, 01:21 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Sykes is better than any guard on Pikeville’s roster he will grow even more under a great Coach, it does cause a problem because  Little and the Bolden kid are going to be ready too. If Sykes does go Little and Bolden may want to look elsewhere. I’ve heard a lot of names mentioned for the Shelby Valley job, heard Elisha but can’t see that happening, heard Al Holland would be a fantastic hire and also heard Kevin Keathley reach out to them, get him you get a guard to replace Sykes if he leaves or one to go with him if he stays.
Sykes is a talented kid and I enjoy watching him play but you are way higher on him than I am. I think some people are in for a surprise with Pikeville’s guards. The region will have a lot more parity next year. Less top heavy. JC might have the best player and a good surrounding group but I wouldn’t hand them the trophy just yet. Plenty of teams will have a say and the transfer stuff could play a big role.
(03-24-2024, 08:49 PM)Belichick Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:21 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Sykes is better than any guard on Pikeville’s roster he will grow even more under a great Coach, it does cause a problem because  Little and the Bolden kid are going to be ready too. If Sykes does go Little and Bolden may want to look elsewhere. I’ve heard a lot of names mentioned for the Shelby Valley job, heard Elisha but can’t see that happening, heard Al Holland would be a fantastic hire and also heard Kevin Keathley reach out to them, get him you get a guard to replace Sykes if he leaves or one to go with him if he stays.
Sykes is a talented kid and I enjoy watching him play but you are way higher on him than I am. I think some people are in for a surprise with Pikeville’s guards. The region will have a lot more parity next year. Less top heavy. JC might have the best player and a good surrounding group but I wouldn’t hand them the trophy just yet. Plenty of teams will have a say and the transfer stuff could play a big role.
Me personally, I think Sykes will become a top 5 player in the region under a coach like Elisha. Someone who pushes for excellence and demands you to play the game the right way. Sykes lets his emotions control his game. I think that gets resolved with the coaching staff at Pikeville. The years he played for Rowe you saw spurts of correcting him. But this year there was no accountability. 
If the move is true I expect to see a version of Sykes and Keene that we have yet to see. Going from teams to where they are the best player and most talented, to being in a gym full of guys as equal if not better than them. Can only push them to become better or fold.
Your right Sykes does have room to grow and will under Elisha, he’s further along then the young guards at Pikeville I do believe but does have to get better. Isaiah Allen will really help us, kid is an outstanding defender l, team player. Hearing Phelps may get another player in and right now from the guards I’m hearing on the move, the kid from Prestonsburg may be the prize, well the Cole kid from Paintsville is good too but JC won’t need him to score. Then if LC gets one they might be the team to beat, depending on who the kid is.Pikeville is setting pretty with Jackson Keene, may have changed the balance of power
(03-25-2024, 12:05 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Your right Sykes does have room to grow and will under Elisha, he’s further along then the young guards at Pikeville I do believe but does have to get better. Isaiah Allen will really help us, kid is an outstanding defender l, team player. Hearing Phelps may get another player in and right now from the guards I’m hearing on the move, the kid from Prestonsburg may be the prize, well the Cole kid from Paintsville is good too but JC won’t need him to score. Then if LC gets one they might be the team to beat, depending on who the kid is.Pikeville is setting pretty with Jackson Keene, may have changed the balance of power
You keep bringing it up, who is leaving prestonsburg? Who could Phelps get? I do believe Phelps has the best big in the 15th.
(03-25-2024, 12:05 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Your right Sykes does have room to grow and will under Elisha, he’s further along then the young guards at Pikeville I do believe but does have to get better. Isaiah Allen will really help us, kid is an outstanding defender l, team player. Hearing Phelps may get another player in and right now from the guards I’m hearing on the move, the kid from Prestonsburg may be the prize, well the Cole kid from Paintsville is good too but JC won’t need him to score. Then if LC gets one they might be the team to beat, depending on who the kid is.Pikeville is setting pretty with Jackson Keene, may have changed the balance of power
lol you’re a dreamer, I’ll give you that. And you have a lot of sources. Do people just call and tell you when they’re transferring.  Or do just catch wind of it and immediately run here to post it?
Just heard the Coach say Phelps is definitely got a kid coming but didn’t know the kid they mentioned, so don’t know whether they or good or not. As far as I’m hearing we are still likely to get the PBurg kid after baseball season for some reason,, someone told me they spoke to Estridge kids Dad in Lexington, he told them he’s leaving it up to his son but won’t be at Prestonsburg unless some changes were made, but I don’t know what it could be because I heard Parsley was staying there. Was told Sykes parents said if Valley didn’t have a Coach within 2 weeks he would be leaving. I think we are looking good in the 58th either way in kids stay in Prestonsburg we are still better then them, Floyd Central has 2 good players returning, LC will be our biggest problem especially if Chandler pics up one more that I’m hearing he may. Isaiah will really help us, he will help take pressure off our other guards. I think it could be Pikeville, PC, Jc and us at the top.
(03-25-2024, 10:48 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Just heard the Coach say Phelps is definitely got a kid coming but didn’t know the kid they mentioned, so don’t know whether they or good or not. As far as I’m hearing we are still likely to get the PBurg kid after baseball season for some reason,, someone told me they spoke to Estridge kids Dad in Lexington, he told them he’s leaving it up to his son but won’t be at Prestonsburg unless some changes were made, but I don’t know what it could be because I heard Parsley was staying there. Was told Sykes parents said if Valley didn’t have a Coach within 2 weeks he would be leaving. I think we are looking good in the 58th either way in kids stay in Prestonsburg we are still better then them, Floyd Central has 2 good players returning, LC will be our biggest problem especially if Chandler pics up one more that I’m hearing he may. Isaiah will really help us, he will help take pressure off our other guards. I think it could be  Pikeville, PC, Jc and us at the top.

From what i saw this year, Phelps needs to run everything through Weddington. Estridge will be at Pike Central (which i think is a good fit for what he brings to the table for them). Sykes parents aren't waiting on a coach to be hired, they are moving regardless. No kid from Prestonsburg, that plays baseball is moving. That only leaves the Allen kid and his supporting cast has made it very clear hes not leaving.
You’re correct you got a Tyler Weddington you run everything through him, kid will be a 15th Region POY in a few years because of his numbers I think. Estridge is linked to 3 different schools according to these threads, (JC,PC,MC) I think he can make two of them a Region Championship team and the other team would have a mighty good shot. The Allen kid isn’t the one I’m hearing coming to us, I couldn’t imagine us needing Estridge either as good as he is because we got good guards brought up at Betsy Layne, be hard to take minutes from them. I think Estridge is good enough to play at BL but seems like his parents are wanting him to play 25-30min and we are to deep at guard to give anyone besides Pente or Carter that much time. Now Shkes will need the right fit too, unlike the Estridge kid, I think Sykes has to get a lot of shots wherever he ends up. The kid will be a big piece wherever he goes in my opinion. The kid that I heard was goin to Phelps is a WV kid I’m told

No not a lot of sources but do know a lot of Coaches and parents though youth leagues, and summer ball. Just talking like you are, thought that’s what these threads are for you are correct just passing along what I’m hearing if others hear same thing it may be true. One thing you can take to the bank is Mike will have a great team with Isaiah coming back and we will win the 58th District next year
(03-25-2024, 02:53 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: You’re correct you got a Tyler Weddington you run everything through him, kid will be a 15th Region POY in a few years because of his numbers I think. Estridge is linked to 3 different schools according to these threads, (JC,PC,MC) I think he can make two of them a Region Championship team and the other team would have a mighty good shot. The Allen kid isn’t the one I’m hearing coming to us, I couldn’t imagine us needing Estridge either as good as he is because we got good guards brought up at Betsy Layne, be hard to take minutes from them. I think Estridge is good enough to play at BL but seems like his parents are wanting him to play 25-30min and we are to deep at guard to give anyone besides Pente or Carter that much time. Now Shkes will need the right fit too, unlike the Estridge kid, I think Sykes has to get a lot of shots wherever he ends up. The kid will be a big piece wherever he goes in my opinion. The kid that I heard was goin to Phelps is a WV kid I’m told

No not a lot of sources but do know a lot of Coaches and parents though youth leagues, and summer ball. Just talking like you are, thought that’s what these threads are for  you are correct just passing along what I’m hearing if others hear same thing it may be true. One thing you can take to the bank is Mike will have a great team with Isaiah coming back and we will win the 58th District next year
Estridge to PC makes the most sense to me. I think if Keathley or Estridge leaves it's a package deal. I think Sykes can be the player or a player. I think he could benefit in both. But will he accept that is the question.
(03-25-2024, 03:10 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 02:53 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: You’re correct you got a Tyler Weddington you run everything through him, kid will be a 15th Region POY in a few years because of his numbers I think. Estridge is linked to 3 different schools according to these threads, (JC,PC,MC) I think he can make two of them a Region Championship team and the other team would have a mighty good shot. The Allen kid isn’t the one I’m hearing coming to us, I couldn’t imagine us needing Estridge either as good as he is because we got good guards brought up at Betsy Layne, be hard to take minutes from them. I think Estridge is good enough to play at BL but seems like his parents are wanting him to play 25-30min and we are to deep at guard to give anyone besides Pente or Carter that much time. Now Shkes will need the right fit too, unlike the Estridge kid, I think Sykes has to get a lot of shots wherever he ends up. The kid will be a big piece wherever he goes in my opinion. The kid that I heard was goin to Phelps is a WV kid I’m told

No not a lot of sources but do know a lot of Coaches and parents though youth leagues, and summer ball. Just talking like you are, thought that’s what these threads are for  you are correct just passing along what I’m hearing if others hear same thing it may be true. One thing you can take to the bank is Mike will have a great team with Isaiah coming back and we will win the 58th District next year
Estridge to PC makes the most sense to me. I think if Keathley or Estridge leaves it's a package deal. I think Sykes can be the player or a player. I think he could benefit in both. But will he accept that is the question.
I just can't see Keathley going to PC. He left Mullins to go to Prestonsburg. I can't see him going back. Especially since Hall is the starting PG there. Hall is a terrific defender and hits shots. 
Betsy Layne has 0 depth on their team and will get beat in the paint nearly every game. Walters from Pikeville will drop 25-30 on them.
(03-25-2024, 04:17 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 03:10 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote:

I just can't see Keathley going to PC. He left Mullins to go to Prestonsburg. I can't see him going back. Especially since Hall is the starting PG there. Hall is a terrific defender and hits shots. 
Betsy Layne has 0 depth on their team and will get beat in the paint nearly every game. Walters from Pikeville will drop 25-30 on them.

He isn’t scoring 25-30 points against anyone. That’s not the type of player he is.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think Estridge and Keathley played well together at the beginning of the year, when we played them Parsley didn’t really use the Estridge kid and Cam shut Keathley down. If they ey are a package deal someone getting an unbelievable package if they leave. I don’t see Keathley leaving I think Estridge will be at MC, JC or Pc, he will fit well in all 3 places guess it depends on what’s important to them. Nobody is scoring besides Slone and Sheppard at JC. Sykes is one I’m interested in because it will take a certain system for him and if it’s right system he’ll score 20 or more a game. Haven’t heard anything else on the Buck kid
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next