Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 (NCAA Tournament First Round)
(03-22-2024, 12:37 AM)bigwhisk765 Wrote: Just pure devastation, screw you mitch!!
Devastation is when you lose a loved one , not a ballgame. Shame.
Trent
@Trenciarte
·
2h
March Madness is great because Kentucky has a few future NBA players on their team and they’re getting cooked by a future Enterprise District Manager
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Dirk Chatelain
@dirkchatelain
·
4h
Jack Gohlke spent 5 years at Division II Hillsdale College. He's now a 24-yr-old grad transfer at Oakland University. He has the hairline of a man twice his age. And he's currently torching the University of Kentucky on national TV.

This is the greatest sporting event on Earth.
Austin B
@Austin_Vols
·
25m
Kentucky lost to a 14 seed and then had to watch Tennessee blow out the Cinderella that sent them home 2 years ago

God is good
(03-22-2024, 12:53 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Dirk Chatelain
@dirkchatelain
·
4h
Jack Gohlke spent 5 years at Division II Hillsdale College. He's now a 24-yr-old grad transfer at Oakland University. He has the hairline of a man twice his age. And he's currently torching the University of Kentucky on national TV.

we really need a Twitter embed button on this site lol
22m
Tennessee making history tonight.

#Vols are the first Southeastern Conference team in the history of the NCAA Tournament to beat Saint Peter's.

Peacocks were previously 1-0 (Kentucky, 2022) vs. the SEC in March Madness.
(03-22-2024, 12:54 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:53 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Dirk Chatelain
@dirkchatelain
·
4h

we really need a Twitter embed button on this site lol
So many classics, so little time lol
Mid-Major Madness
@mid_madness
·
1h
Greg Kampe was working at McDonald’s a week and a half ago.

Tonight, his team upset Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament.
Trey Day ?
@pale_writer0
·
2h
Imagine the hard work, coaching at Oakland (Michigan) for 40 years and you finally get your first NCAA Tournament win against Kentucky.

Greg Kampe - $300k/year
Calipari - $9M/year

Hard work rewarded.
RedditCFB
@RedditCFB
·
2h
Two days ago SEC commissioner Greg Sankey advocated for taking away NCAA tourney bids from smaller leagues because they couldn’t compete.

The SEC is now 0-3 and mighty Kentucky was sent home by Horizon League champ Oakland ?
(03-22-2024, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Everybody knows who the problem is

You, Plant Guy, Run it up your Gut, and anyone else who blames the coach for shots not falling. If guys play like they normally do and hit shots like they normally do, Cats win easily. This loss was not on coaching.

1. it was 100% on cal. Full stop. His lineups are the reason things happened like they did.

2. Wagner should have NEVER been the starter. From day one rob and Reed should have started. Edward’s should have never been given the leeway to shoot that he was given, Mitchell should have been forced to stay in the post. And none of the 7 footers were ready. Two of them can be blamed on cal. I’ll give him a pass on Z, which funny enough was probably better than the other two. 

3. Reeves, Reed, Rob, Thiero, and either Mitchell/7 footer should have been the starting lineup all year. His sheer arrogance and ego would not allow him to admit he was wrong. 

4. this isn’t Tennessee. Elite 8s aren’t the ceiling and sec titles should be expected as a gimme 80% of the time. 
he set himself up with these atrocious rosters. He should have worried about the portal instead of freshmen who were charmin soft. 

anybody still defending cal at this point is either family or just plain dumb. And I don’t think your last name is Calipari.
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
2h
And now Kentucky has to decide if it’ll pay $30+ million to end this.
?️?️Ⓜ️
@_bigbam_
·
1h
I’m sure Kentucky fans are relieved to find out it was the players fault and Cal had nothing to do with it
Kyle Boone
@kyletheboone
·
1h
That sound you hear is John Calipari hurling his Kentucky team under the bus
Barstool Sports
@barstoolsports
·
2h
Hello darkness my old friend. Kentucky’s come to talk with you again.
Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
·
2h
John Calipari has one NCAA tourney win in the past five years, Kentucky gave him a lifetime contract, can’t afford to fire him and pays him $9 million a year. Holy crap. It’s going to get NASTY in the bluegrass.
NotKennyRogers
@NotKennyRogers
·
2h
To make the Kentucky loss even worse, I'm pretty sure Oakland is an online university and all the players just met each other in person for the first time today.
Clay Travis can go to hell. Tennessee fan that is only saying that to stir the pot up here
CBS Sports College Basketball ?

@CBSSportsCBB
·
2h
"I do think there's a chance that John Calipari has coached his last game at Kentucky. The fan base can only take so much of THIS."

@MattNorlander
on the Kentucky head coach
Buddy ??
@BigBlueBud
·
2h
This is bar-none the bitterest way the John Calipari era could possibly end…

but if you can’t win in March at Kentucky, you just can’t be here.

This is Kentucky. It’s bigger than you.
Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
·
2h
Trust me. Get some popcorn and go read the Kentucky message board. Nothing will be better on the Internet tonight.
Conversation
Big Blue Carti
@BigBlueCarti
i’m fucking tired of this shit. this is not kentucky basketball. one fucking tournament win since 2019 is absolutely pathetic. when i was growing these first and second round games didn’t mean shit to me it was a free win. i love you Cal thank you for all the memories but something has to change. FIX THIS SHIT
Brandon Walker
@BFW
Kentucky fans really make excuses for this idiot coach every season.
9:26 PM · Mar 21, 2024
·
Views
Brian Rauf
@brauf33
·
1h
This interview from Calipari contains very little accountability, especially considering how dumbfounded Kentucky looked against that zone. This team wasn’t prepared
Mark Titus
@clubtrillion
·
2h
Kentucky cannot let John Calipari coach another game for them and still be considered a serious program
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
(03-22-2024, 01:11 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Mark Titus
@clubtrillion
·
2h
Kentucky cannot let John Calipari coach another game for them and still be considered a serious program

im absolutely shocked none of the big media outlets or personalities quote oldschoolhound and agreed none of it was cals fault
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-22-2024, 12:57 AM)jetpilot Wrote: 22m
Tennessee making history tonight.

#Vols are the first Southeastern Conference team in the history of the NCAA Tournament to beat Saint Peter's.

Peacocks were previously 1-0 (Kentucky, 2022) vs. the SEC in March Madness.

One thing that I give zero elfs about is what a Tennessee fan thinks of Kentucky basketball. They could win the national championship this year and every year for the rest of the decade and they'd still trail Kentucky in total national titles.

To quote Keyshawn Johnson, comparing them to us is like comparing a star to a flashlight.
(03-22-2024, 12:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Austin B
@Austin_Vols
·
25m
Kentucky lost to a 14 seed and then had to watch Tennessee blow out the Cinderella that sent them home 2 years ago

God is good

Must you be always be reminded that, if he existed, he wouldn't give a crap about your little basketball game.    lol

This is getting really silly.

(03-22-2024, 01:00 AM)jetpilot Wrote: RedditCFB
@RedditCFB
·
2h
Two days ago SEC commissioner Greg Sankey advocated for taking away NCAA tourney bids from smaller leagues because they couldn’t compete.

The SEC is now 0-3 and mighty Kentucky was sent home by Horizon League champ Oakland ?

But going all out to win that prestigious Sankey Cup in Nashville seemed to be awfully important to you.

(03-22-2024, 01:00 AM)jetpilot Wrote: RedditCFB
@RedditCFB
·
2h

But going all out to win that prestigious Sankey Cup in Nashville seemed to be awfully important to you.

(03-22-2024, 01:02 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Kyle Boone
@kyletheboone
·
1h
That sound you hear is John Calipari hurling his Kentucky team under the bus

They would have been better off under the bus than on the court. They were timid, soft, and mentally weak. Nice bunch of guys. Fun season. But not a mentally or physically tough bunch. Bring in the next bunch!!!

(03-22-2024, 01:55 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 01:11 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Mark Titus
@clubtrillion
·
2h

im absolutely shocked none of the big media outlets or personalities quote oldschoolhound and agreed none of it was cals fault

Still, not one single soul on BGR has attempted to explain how Cal, rather than Reed Sheppard, DJ Wagner, and  2 for 9 Dilly, lost this game? Provide specifics, please. How is this loss on Cal? How did he lose it?
Well here is one. The CBS announcers said that the zone Oakland played was what they played every second of every game this year. And we looked like we have no clue how to attack it. We had six days to work on it! Because we lost so early in that other meaningless tournament! We had superior athletes, but we looked like we had never had a practice session on attacking this type of zone! That’s what coaches do, they get you prepared. And we just weren’t.

Now I certainly don’t totally exonerate the players either. Sheppard was awful, Dillingham and Edwards looked scared to death, Big Z blew a lot of easy plays, and we got beat on nearly every 50/50 ball. But if we had just had a clue on offense we win this one by a comfortable margin.

Let me say this also, OSH. I’ve never been a guy that didn’t like Cal from the jump. His early years were Pitino all over again, he turned us around at a low, low point. I appreciate all the excitement he gave us up until the Wisconsin loss. But it hasn’t been the same since. The game has changed and he refuses to. You just aren’t going to win big in the postseason anymore with freshmen dominated teams now that the transfer portal is allowing schools to stock up on rosters with a lot of 22, 23 and 24 year olds. But Cal is too stubborn to change. It is great that he has so many ex-players making millions in the NBA. But that’s not his mission, whether he thinks so or not. His mission is to keep Kentucky basketball relevant at the very highest level, in the mix every year. And right now we just aren’t.

Oh, and he’s a terrible in-game coach. There’s that also.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Spud6
https://x.com/kysportsradio/status/17710...69309?s=42

I like this guy