•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
(03-19-2024, 01:35 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Well don’t like to use a lot of names but we will get one from PC and 95% on one from Prestonsburg. I think the defensive kid leaves Prestonsburg for somewhere probably back to Belfry where his parents are from. Hearing one of Floyd Central’s big future pieces is leaving. Heard a Paintsville starter may be going to JC, just was told by a reliable source Lawrence gets a really nice piece, and I’m corrected, one of the PC kids will stay, the other is on the hill. Pikeville is 100% getting Keene is what I was told, said two pieces could leave because of it. Do have a friend in Coaching says Keathley’s Dad is looking to Coach next year, said if one of these schools with openings reach out, they could gain a really good player.

You have East Ridge and Belfry opened. Not sure Keathley would entertain either of those calls. Lawrence always picks up a kid or 2 to make them competitive yearly. Will be interesting. I believe the region is wide open, top to bottom this year. (Boys and Girls).
I do know Keathley has talked to one coach in Eastern Kentucky about coaching and taking his son. I would highly doubt he would take the job at Belfry or East Ridge, but who knows about Shelby Valley. My cousin told me today that one of the parents at Prestonsburg is definitely moving there kid and I still think we end up with one on the hill.
(03-19-2024, 11:53 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I do know Keathley has talked to one coach in Eastern Kentucky about coaching and taking his son. I would highly doubt he would take the job at Belfry or East Ridge, but who knows about Shelby Valley. My cousin told me today that one of the parents at Prestonsburg is definitely moving there kid and I still think we end up with one on the hill.

Prestonsburg returns 4 starters. Are you getting a starter? Could see the Allen kid leave for baseball.
85% sure we’ll get a starter and the other kid I’m told is leaving is the really good defender not sure how to spell his name. Was told the 8th grader from May Valley isn’t going to Floyd Central and Lawrence County already has their new kid at school. We will be strong if we get the kid I’m told is coming from Prestonsburg.
#Bobcat4Life
Betsy Layne better hope Mason Hall doesn't get offered a head coaching job elsewhere because losing Brayden and Mason would be a tough blow for the Bobcats to recover from.
Lawrence County doesn’t have any new kids. I don’t see them getting any new kids. They played 9kids a lot last year. 5 of those kids return along with some very good JV players that will step up. Chandler will have those boys ready like always. Doubt anyone transfers to LC
(03-20-2024, 01:09 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: 85% sure we’ll get a starter and the other kid I’m told is leaving is the really good defender not sure how to spell his name. Was told the 8th grader from May Valley isn’t going to Floyd Central and Lawrence County already has their new kid at school. We will be strong if we get the kid I’m told is coming from Prestonsburg.
#Bobcat4Life
Estridge and Keathley is a package deal. Just like there dads and their talk show.

(03-20-2024, 05:45 AM)Dawgs01 Wrote: Lawrence County doesn’t have any new kids. I don’t see them getting any new kids. They played 9kids a lot last year. 5 of those kids return along with some very good JV players that will step up. Chandler will have those boys ready like always. Doubt anyone transfers to LC

Didn’t they get a kid mid season? A Chandler Thompson coached team will always compete at a high level.

(03-20-2024, 02:07 AM)P. Fanning Wrote: Betsy Layne better hope Mason Hall doesn't get offered a head coaching job elsewhere because losing Brayden and Mason would be a tough blow for the Bobcats to recover from.
With the 3 15th region jobs that are opened, wouldn’t all 3 be worse than Betsy Layne? Has Hall put in for any of them?
(03-19-2024, 01:35 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Well don’t like to use a lot of names but we will get one from PC and 95% on one from Prestonsburg. I think the defensive kid leaves Prestonsburg for somewhere probably back to Belfry where his parents are from. Hearing one of Floyd Central’s big future pieces is leaving. Heard a Paintsville starter may be going to JC, just was told by a reliable source Lawrence gets a really nice piece, and I’m corrected, one of the PC kids will stay, the other is on the hill. Pikeville is 100% getting Keene is what I was told, said two pieces could leave because of it. Do have a friend in Coaching says Keathley’s Dad is looking to Coach next year, said if one of these schools with openings reach out, they could gain a really good player.
A Paintsville starter leaving to go to JC? First question would be, who’s starting spot would this kid be taking at JC, cause I just don’t see anyone leaving a starting spot on a very young & talented team, to go be a bench player for another young & talented team. Second question would be, did ya hear a reason why this kid was leaving?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(03-20-2024, 12:21 AM)WarHawk12 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 11:53 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I do know Keathley has talked to one coach in Eastern Kentucky about coaching and taking his son. I would highly doubt he would take the job at Belfry or East Ridge, but who knows about Shelby Valley. My cousin told me today that one of the parents at Prestonsburg is definitely moving there kid and I still think we end up with one on the hill.

Prestonsburg returns 4 starters. Are you getting a starter? Could see the Allen kid leave for baseball.
We’re committed to Prestonsburg. I’d be lying if I didn’t say we’ve looked at places in the past, but outside of a couple conversations here and there, there’s never been a real interest in wanting to move. We like Coach Tucker and Coach Parsley and it’s no secret my loyalty to Prestonsburg having played there myself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • Wasp23
We did get a kid mid season. He was from here originally. Played here in until 8th grade then moved to GRC. We were glad to get him back. He’ll be a junior this upcoming season. We’ll have no seniors that play major minutes this upcoming season. With Woods, Perry, and Fetherhoff returning we’ll really be able to shoot it. I think Cole is the kid everyone thinks is leaving Paintsville. I’m not sure how it works transferring from there to JC though. I was under the impression a bunch of those kids lived where they could attend JC just chose the tigers. If Cole transferred he’d definitely start
Yes that’s the kid Estridge kid, hearing there isn’t anyway he’s back at Prestonsburg, I know at end of year the Coach benched him for the kid with tattoos, couldn’t imagine their happy. I ask his father at end of year said he didn’t know what they would do but Betsy Layne plays the style his kid likes to play but he’s not the one I think we get on the hill, still having another parent say there kid was coming.have you guys heard anything on the kid from Paintsville going to JC if that’s true the Region will go threw them next season. Heard two Valley 8th graders end up in Pikeville
(03-20-2024, 09:43 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Yes that’s the kid Estridge kid, hearing there isn’t anyway he’s back at Prestonsburg, I know at end of year the Coach benched him for the kid with tattoos, couldn’t imagine their happy. I ask his father at end of year said he didn’t know what they would do but Betsy Layne plays the style his kid likes to play but he’s not the one I think we get on the hill, still having another parent say there kid was coming.have you guys heard anything on the kid from Paintsville going to JC if that’s true the Region will go threw them next season. Heard two Valley 8th graders end up in Pikeville

Betsy Layne isn't guard poor.  You have Carter Parsons, Cameron Pente, Isiah Allen (hope he comes back out, Braden Hall and Andrew Collins that could all play 1-3 spot.  So adding that kid from Prestonsburg wouldn't make sense. They need forwards and centers.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
And yes the Cole kid is the kids name, I heard his transfer may not be connected to Basketball tho, is he forsure at JC?
(03-20-2024, 09:52 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: And yes the Cole kid is the kids name, I heard his transfer may not be connected to Basketball tho, is he forsure at JC?

If JC adds a 536 point scorer in his freshman year to an already loaded freshman JC class.  The region is in trouble.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
We agree on something Spud, seemed like he was only piece they was missing this year. I couldn’t see him being that offensively at JC tho, I think there coach is going threw them 2 guards at all cost, it worked this year add another rebounder they’ll be hard to beat

Yes that’s the kid Estridge kid, hearing there isn’t anyway he’s back at Prestonsburg, I know at end of year the Coach benched him for the kid with tattoos, couldn’t imagine their happy. I ask his father at end of year said he didn’t know what they would do but Betsy Layne plays the style his kid likes to play but he’s not the one I think we get on the hill, still having another parent say there kid was coming.have you guys heard anything on the kid from Paintsville going to JC if that’s true the Region will go threw them next season. Heard two Valley 8th graders end up in Pikeville
(03-20-2024, 09:43 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Yes that’s the kid Estridge kid, hearing there isn’t anyway he’s back at Prestonsburg, I know at end of year the Coach benched him for the kid with tattoos, couldn’t imagine their happy. I ask his father at end of year said he didn’t know what they would do but Betsy Layne plays the style his kid likes to play but he’s not the one I think we get on the hill, still having another parent say there kid was coming.have you guys heard anything on the kid from Paintsville going to JC if that’s true the Region will go threw them next season. Heard two Valley 8th graders end up in Pikeville
Only Valley kid leaving is the Mark Bowling kid. Everyone else is expected to stay, if Holland is the coach.
Cole is still at Paintsville. Not sure if he goes anywhere just heard talk. I hear BL will lose one of their returning guards possibly both but one about 80% for sure. Ferrell will probably end up at Tug. Martin will lose one or two players. Estridge will not be back if Parsley is back. I think Keathley will get out of the 15th and away from Austin Slone.
(03-20-2024, 11:26 AM)Dawgs01 Wrote: Cole is still at Paintsville. Not sure if he goes anywhere just heard talk. I hear BL will lose one of their returning guards possibly both but one about 80% for sure. Ferrell will probably end up at Tug. Martin will lose one or two players. Estridge will not be back if Parsley is back. I think Keathley will get out of the 15th and away from Austin Slone.

What guards is BL losing? Martin losing kids????
All this transfer talk is crazy. Miss the days when you played high school ball with the guys you played elementary ball and the name on the front of the jersey meant something. Playing for your hometown meant something. This was a reason I was glad to see Magoffin win it. Don’t think they had any transfers and those kids have went to Magoffin their whole lives
[-] The following 2 users Like pirateforlife's post:
  • Ice61706, Redneck
(03-20-2024, 12:03 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: All this transfer talk is crazy. Miss the days when you played high school ball with the guys you played elementary ball and the name on the front of the jersey meant something. Playing for your hometown meant something. This was a reason I was glad to see Magoffin win it. Don’t think they had any transfers and those kids have went to Magoffin their whole lives

It’s nuts.

Some of the kids mentioned here can play anywhere they go to.

Some of the kids mentioned here would play the same or less depending on where they go.

Johnson is loaded, you’d go there to be a role player or would have to be an absolute stud.

BL has really good guards already.

Valley has holes to fill but the coaching decision leaves me scratching my head.

Pikeville has a very good sophomore/freshmen class, but will get a kid or 2 more than they already are getting.

Pike Central is loaded in 7/8/9th grade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • IntheZone
Yea I heard the Ferrell kid would go back to WV, but don’t know why he would, Parsley played him when he shouldn’t had this year, he probably would come off bench anywhere but Prestonsburg. The Estridge kid was one of the players I enjoyed watching the most, could see him leaving Parsley done him dirty at the end of the year it seemed but who knows he may have had a reason to not play the kid but I liked what I saw from him. We ain’t losing no guards at Betsy Layne, Isaiah will come back out this year so we add depth there and I think Ethan and Combs will develop well and we won’t need any bigs but we are getting a new big on the hill so we’ll have depth there too
(03-20-2024, 01:00 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Yea I heard the Ferrell kid would go back to WV, but don’t know why he would, Parsley played him when he shouldn’t had this year, he probably would come off bench anywhere but Prestonsburg. The Estridge kid was one of the players I enjoyed watching the most, could see him leaving Parsley done him dirty at the end of the year it seemed but who knows he may have had a reason to not play the kid but I liked what I saw from him. We ain’t losing no guards at Betsy Layne, Isaiah will come back out this year so we add depth there and I think Ethan and Combs will develop well and we won’t need any bigs but we are getting a new big on the hill so we’ll have depth there too

Who’s the new big on the hill?
#BBFL
He isn’t there yet will be after baseball and by the way BCF4L your son is a really nice baseball player wish him the best
(03-20-2024, 01:16 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: He isn’t there yet will be after baseball and by the way BCF4L your son is a really nice baseball player wish him the best

So why say he’s coming if you don’t know for sure?
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • P. Fanning
(03-20-2024, 12:38 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 12:03 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: All this transfer talk is crazy. Miss the days when you played high school ball with the guys you played elementary ball and the name on the front of the jersey meant something. Playing for your hometown meant something. This was a reason I was glad to see Magoffin win it. Don’t think they had any transfers and those kids have went to Magoffin their whole lives

It’s nuts.

Some of the kids mentioned here can play anywhere they go to.

Some of the kids mentioned here would play the same or less depending on where they go.

Johnson is loaded, you’d go there to be a role player or would have to be an absolute stud.

BL has really good guards already.

Valley has holes to fill but the coaching decision leaves me scratching my head.

Pikeville has a very good sophomore/freshmen class, but will get a kid or 2 more than they already are getting.

Pike Central is loaded in 7/8/9th grade.
You have some kids transferring 2-3 times for playing time and their parents claim they were not used correctly or coach didn’t like them at their previous school. Well if they are at school A and don’t play then transfer to school B and still don’t play much maybe their baby boy isn’t as good as they claim
Exactly see it all the time, sometimes Coaches may put other things in front of certain kids but if kids been 3-4 places maybe it’s your kid not the coach
(03-20-2024, 02:33 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Exactly see it all the time, sometimes Coaches may put other things in front of certain kids but if kids been 3-4 places maybe it’s your kid not the coach

Most kids have an allergic reaction to adversity and hard work.
(03-20-2024, 02:07 AM)P. Fanning Wrote: Betsy Layne better hope Mason Hall doesn't get offered a head coaching job elsewhere because losing Brayden and Mason would be a tough blow for the Bobcats to recover from.
First of all no one is offering him a head coaching job....second Brayden is a great shooter and a good player but Andrew Collins is better anyway so it would only matter for depth..........once again BL had a program before Mason Hall and they will have one after no one cares about the "you better not" of the world.
(03-20-2024, 03:22 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
First of all no one is offering him a head coaching job....second Brayden is a great shooter and a good player but Andrew Collins is better anyway so it would only matter for depth..........once again BL had a program before Mason Hall and they will have one after no one cares about the "you better not" of the world.

Coach Mike is always gonna play whoever gives him the best chance to win. Hall played over Collins this season.  Hall and Collins will both play key roles next season for the Bobcats.
(03-20-2024, 03:22 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:

I sense some hostility there, disgruntled maybe. I’ve never seen so much animosity and hate towards a certain individual. There’s 2 or 3 posters on here that seem to chime in and make their feelings known about certain individuals. Sad really.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next