• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 111 Arkansas 102
Final.

I'm exhausted.
Also, Baylor beat Kansas.

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • rookie57
Defense was terrible but the offense was good enough to overcome it. The Cats played less than 4 minutes of good defense today. That was the most points Arkansas had scored this season.
SSDD
(03-02-2024, 05:48 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Defense was terrible but the offense was good enough to overcome it. The Cats played less than 4 minutes of good defense today. That was the most points Arkansas had scored this season.

It's really weird. This is one of the worst defensive UK teams I can ever remember and one of the best offensive teams in recent memory.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
They are rediculously bad on D! Had a few good stops there at the end, Edwards especially. But for a change Bradshaw and Wagner showed improvement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
I'm used to us giving up the points now lol. As long as we continue to outscore them I will deal with it. And yea I know it's hard to win championships with this bad of defense but it isn't impossible. It is a National Championship caliber offense.
(03-02-2024, 05:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 05:48 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Defense was terrible but the offense was good enough to overcome it. The Cats played less than 4 minutes of good defense today. That was the most points Arkansas had scored this season.

It's really weird. This is one of the worst defensive UK teams I can ever remember and one of the best offensive teams in recent memory.

I heard a stat on the postgame on the radio side that this is the first game a Kentucky team has won when their opponent scored more than 100 points and it was back on February 21st 1970 at LSU vs. "Pistol" Pete Maravich. The Cats won that game 121-105 Maravich had 64 in that one and Dan Issel had 51 and Mike Pratt had 27 to lead the Cats to the win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Granny Bear
Fire Cal.
Obviously we are not good defensively, but for me where it really shows up is in the post. How many wide open dunks or layups did we give up today and last Saturday against Alabama? Our guards get beat off the dribble, then the bigs aren’t strong enough to stop good bigs on the opposition. We get some blocks, but they are almost always on drives to the basket by smaller players.

But on the positive side, we are fun to watch and we have SO many talented offensive players. I could see Dillingham or Reeves just going off the rest of the year and carrying us. We can dream, can’t we?
[-] The following 2 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Granny Bear
Dilly Dilly
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
These kids are so fun to watch... but so frustrating in not being able to guard anyone. Win or lose, it's been a fun season.
(03-03-2024, 01:20 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: These kids are so fun to watch... but so frustrating in not being able to guard anyone.  Win or lose, it's been a fun season.

Winning is 100x more fun than losing. I want so much more for this team than to be known as the most fun double digit loss team since Tubby.
Speaking of winning, Kentucky has done a lot of that over the last 15 years , or so, to the tune of about 78%. Lot of praise for the UK head man in the post-game call in show yesterday. Plenty of "I think we have a great coach" from callers. Good to hear.
^^^^2 meaningless red herrings.
Arkansas is better than their record. They played about as well as they are capable for 35 minutes, then fell apart the last 5. Would like to think UK defense had something to do with that but it's a hard sell when they gave up 102. HUGE game in Knoxville Saturday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(03-03-2024, 01:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^^2 meaningless red herrings.

Never hurts to remind everyone that most Kentucky fans vehemently disagree with your take on the Hall of Famer AND your insane take that UK is now a mid tier program. Those are looney, crackpot views. I always listen to the post-game call-ins and to Cal's call -ins on his show. Maybe 5% think like you and Dat plant dude thinks. It might rise to 10% after tournament losses. We have a great program with great players and great coaches.

Thumbnail(s)

(03-03-2024, 03:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Never hurts to remind everyone that most Kentucky fans vehemently disagree with your take on the Hall of Famer AND your insane take that UK is now a mid tier program. Those are looney, crackpot views. I always listen to the post-game call-ins and to Cal's call -ins on his show. Maybe 5% think like you and Dat plant dude thinks. It might rise to 10% after tournament losses. We have a great program with great players and great coaches.

If you get your take from call-in shows you aren't very bright. Most fans don't disagree that Cal has been mediocre for awhile now. 
His record is right out there for everyone to see. And HoF or 15 years ago is stupid. Means nothing to me, most fans, and that St. Peter's coach, among many others.
(03-03-2024, 03:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

If you get your take from call-in shows you aren't very bright. Most fans don't disagree that Cal has been mediocre for awhile now. 
His record is right out there for everyone to see. And HoF or 15 years ago is stupid. Means nothing to me, most fans, and that St. Peter's coach, among many others.

I'll take call-in shows over Truth Social or some CatTurd on Twitter.
(03-03-2024, 10:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 03:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I'll take call-in shows over Truth Social or some CatTurd on Twitter.

RED HERRING ALERT
(03-05-2024, 02:19 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basket...S09EFemTgU

Biased article. Fails to mention Cal represents the university well (what coach doesn't), his players go on to the NBA (they were going there with or without him, and maybe most importantly, Ellen bakes cookies for the players.
(03-05-2024, 02:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 02:19 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basket...S09EFemTgU

Biased article. Fails to mention Cal represents the university well (what coach doesn't), his players go on to the NBA (they were going there with or without him, and maybe most importantly, Ellen bakes cookies for the players.

Cal does all the things ,very well, that administration hired him to do.  Reed gets plenty of minutes. Dilly probably deserves a few more but for stretches of a game he's so bad he's almost unplayable. Then , for stretches, he's the best player on the planet.  Neither guy can guard me. And, yes, Ellen's cookies are damn good. I've had them.