Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 74 Breathitt County 71
Final from Irvine. 

Breathitt dominated the first half and was up 45-31 at halftime. Complete opposite in the second which was all Engineers. 

Sperry had a chance to tie the game with 2 FT’s with 26 seconds to go and missed them both. 

Bellamy and Gross was Breathitt’s best players tonight.
Going by RPI. Estill has 2 wins against the top 4 teams in the Region. 

Not taking anything away from these two teams but Hazard is most definitely the best team in the region and I don’t even think it’s close.
If anyone knows who Nighttrain is you might want to check on him. His bobcats got derailed tonight
I always enjoy seeing a Brian Hall coached team do well. Class act!
(02-23-2024, 11:03 PM)HollerRat Wrote: If anyone knows who Nighttrain is you might want to check on him.  His bobcats got derailed tonight
Might wanna check on slim one to I'd say the post is coming on Facebook from the butt hurt bus! Refs cheated and so on and so forth!
No defending this one. Terrible 2nd half outing by the cats. First time they’ve lost to estill since 2016. Better get it together in the next 2 weeks or they’ll be watching from the stands.
(02-23-2024, 11:45 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 11:03 PM)HollerRat Wrote: If anyone knows who Nighttrain is you might want to check on him.  His bobcats got derailed tonight
Might wanna check on slim one to I'd say the post is coming on Facebook from the butt hurt bus! Refs cheated and so on and so forth!
Breathitt came out flat in 3rd quarter and didn’t match Estill’s intensity until it was too late. And then missed shots and turnovers killed their chances.
Look lady, a couple of things. You got your feelings hurt when I called you out for lying about Sperry. That’s fine, get over it. I don’t post on Facebook. I don’t have a youngster playing like you do. I’ve been a Breathitt fan for years. 
I will say this. I think Breathitt has a better shot at advancing in the region then your little cluster and your little boy.

(02-23-2024, 10:55 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Final from Irvine. 

Breathitt dominated the first half and was up 45-31 at halftime. Complete opposite in the second which was all Engineers. 

Sperry had a chance to tie the game with 2 FT’s with 26 seconds to go and missed them both. 

Bellamy and Gross was Breathitt’s best players tonight.
Not that it matters but I think it was 71-74 and to me Hamilton and Terry had the best game. Hamilton built a monster lead in the first half and Braxton played hard and well the whole game. But, they have to do better if they are to advance in the region.
The bottom line is Honeycutt cannot at this level. Go back to Knott County where you belong and coach the girls.

And take all those outstanding assistants coaches with you. You know the ones that have to babysit there family members.
(02-24-2024, 02:07 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote: The bottom line is Honeycutt cannot at this level. Go back to Knott County where you belong and coach the girls.

And take all those outstanding assistants coaches with you. You know the ones that have to babysit there family members.
You are a perfect example why cousins shouldn’t fornicate.
Some of the kids on this team is severely overrated, good players but not what they say. Mike had them beat, Parsons was best player on floor that night #Bobcat4Life
(02-24-2024, 03:13 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Some of the kids on this team is severely overrated, good players but not what they say. Mike had them beat, Parsons was best player on floor that night #Bobcat4Life
You all got beat twice and once by double digits dude get out of here you all suck
Guys and gals let’s chill out!
Schott was on fire for Estill in the first half scoring 18.

Not sure what point totals were.
Slim one yet again I'm telling you I have no child but I'm dying to know who you think my little team is an who my little boy is but my team has beat your precious bobcats twice this year an will likely do it again an I never once lied on your boy sperry he has had more then I tech this year his attitude on the court does suck and if you are talking about rumors I didn't start that crap it's going through snap chat an insta like wildfire never said it to be true.
This is ridiculous Honeycutt with a D1 player and cannot beat Estill? Take yourself and your family petting assistance to Knott County. The people of Breathitt will not stand for this crap.
(02-24-2024, 12:25 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: This is ridiculous Honeycutt with a D1 player and cannot beat Estill? Take yourself and your family petting assistance to Knott County. The people of Breathitt will not stand for this crap.

Estill is better than advertised.
(02-24-2024, 01:29 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 12:25 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: This is ridiculous Honeycutt with a D1 player and cannot beat Estill? Take yourself and your family petting assistance to Knott County. The people of Breathitt will not stand for this crap.

Ok if they are better than advertised we will see how they do in the regional tournament then.
As stated before, Estill has the potential to make some noise in the regional.
(02-24-2024, 02:24 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:

Ok if they are better than advertised we will see how they do in the regional tournament then.

We will see just how everyone is come regional tournament time, that is, if everyone we expect to make it to the region actually make it. 

Estill has two solid wins against the top 4 teams in the region going by RPI. 

if and this is a BIG IF Estill can put together a solid game. Full complete game like they did against Madison Central, Perry and the second half of the Breathitt game, no one and I mean no one will wanna play them in the region tournament.
(02-24-2024, 09:41 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: Schott was on fire for Estill in the first half scoring 18.

Not sure what point totals were.
We hated to lose him at Owsley. Seth is an outstanding young man. I’m glad he is doing well.
Couple good wins for Estill going into the postseason.

KHSAA has this one listed 74-71?
Estill is not deep off the bench but they have some pretty good players. I’ll put Maybriar up against anyone in the region shooting 3’s. And Schott is solid, so is Chaney, Riddell, and Rose. If they can stay out of foul trouble they will not be an easy out for anyone at Powell County in the region. And by the way, instead of having to load a bus and drive over 100 miles to regional games this year they have a 20 minute trip.
(02-24-2024, 03:51 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 02:24 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:

We will see just how everyone is come regional tournament time, that is, if everyone we expect to make it to the region actually make it. 

Estill has two solid wins against the top 4 teams in the region going by RPI. 

if and this is a BIG IF Estill can put together a solid game. Full complete game like they did against Madison Central, Perry and the second half of the Breathitt game, no one and I mean no one will wanna play them in the region tournament.
I hope you’re right about Estill. Brian Hall is one of the best x and o coaches i’ve seen but there’s something very much wrong and or missing with his coaching game. He’s had some good teams over the years but he can never put a team completely together and get over the hump.
(02-24-2024, 04:12 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: Couple good wins for Estill going into the postseason.

Zaga good buddy its always great to see you. How are you doing?

Yes this is correct. Estill 74-71. The scoreboard wasn't working on NFHS, last I had thought Estill was up 5 shooting FT's, but that wasn't the case, they were up 4 shooting FT's. Both were good, to give them a 6 point lead, Breathitt comes down and hits a three in front of they're own bench as time expired to make it 74-71.

One thing I don't get or didn't get in the game, Breathitt never calls a timeout. If they do its not very often. When Estill started roaring back and took the lead and built onto the lead, I thought Breathitt would have called a timeout but nope.
You can say d1 player all you want. He’s a great athlete but isn’t a great all around basketball player, and his attitude on the floor is terrible. Honeycutt is to good of a guy to even have to deal with the breathitt crazies. I’d leave that raggedy place tonight if I were him.
(02-24-2024, 05:59 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 04:12 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: Couple good wins for Estill going into the postseason.

Yes this is correct. Estill 74-71. The scoreboard wasn't working on NFHS, last I had thought Estill was up 5 shooting FT's, but that wasn't the case, they were up 4 shooting FT's. Both were good, to give them a 6 point lead, Breathitt comes down and hits a three in front of they're own bench as time expired to make it 74-71.

One thing I don't get or didn't get in the game, Breathitt never calls a timeout. If they do its not very often. When Estill started roaring back and took the lead and built onto the lead, I thought Breathitt would have called a timeout but nope.
Breathitt don’t call time out because Honeycutt knows that they are going to talk back to him and won’t do anything he ask them anyways. If you don’t believe me just sit behind the bench and watch and listen.
(02-24-2024, 06:15 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
You can say d1 player all you want. He’s a great athlete but isn’t a great all around basketball player, and his attitude on the floor is terrible. Honeycutt is to good of a guy to even have to deal with the breathitt crazies. I’d leave that raggedy place tonight if I were him.
He’s a D-1 player with several offers. If it wasn’t for him Honeycutt wouldn’t have won 5 games this year.
Someone holler for night train? Another bad loss for Breathitt especially after being up 15 at halftime. Breathitt played great first half sharing the ball and hitting the open man. 2nd half they reverted back to being selfish and taking bad shots and too many turnovers due to the fact that a couple of kids on this team just refuse to throw it to the open guy. Braxton Terry had 14 points in the first half and didn’t take another shot until under 2 minutes left in the game.

Got about a week to clean things up and make a run. Let’s see if they’re more worried about how many points they score or if they like winning
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • Gladiator Man
(02-24-2024, 07:38 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 06:15 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
He’s a D-1 player with several offers. If it wasn’t for him Honeycutt wouldn’t have won 5 games this year.
He’s a great athlete like I said but he can be very selfish at times. I’ve watched them on several occasions this season and I’ve saw a lot of times he could make the open pass for an easy bucket and doesn’t. That’s not a good look for a d1 player just my opinion. Attitude carries you a long way and he hasn’t got the best one out there.
(02-24-2024, 05:59 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:

Doing good, brother. Congrats to the Engineers.