Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
North Laurel 75 Corbin 71 (2OT)
Hounds led by 3 points with 1.4 seconds on the clock and were at the free throw shooting two free throws. Worley missed both foul shots. North rebounds and calls timeout . Now, 1.0 second left. North inbounds the ball , North player catches it from just beyond half court, turns around, dribbles the ball, then heaves a midcourt shot that goes in to tie it.  North goes on to prevail in two extra periods.

I don't know who the clock operator is at North  but I hope to find out so everyone can see who he is.  Granted the game should have been left in the hands of a crooked, scumbag  clock operator. In addition to the two that Worley missed at 1.4 that would have iced it, Corbin shot an almost unbelievable  13 for 30  at the free throw line in the game. Nothing else needs to  be said. One made free throw or one less crooked  scoreboard operator and the Hounds win this one. P needs to get his guys in the gym tomorrow and make them shoot free throws for four hours straight.

What do you think. BGR?  Can a guy catch a pass, turn, dribble the ball and shoot it in 1.0  second?
(02-17-2024, 02:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hounds led by 3 points with 1.4 seconds on the clock and were at the free throw shooting two free throws. Worley missed both foul shots. North rebounds and calls timeout . Now, 1.0 second left. North inbounds the ball , North player catches it from just beyond half court, turns around, dribbles the ball, then heaves a midcourt shot that goes in to tie it.  North goes on to prevail in two extra periods.

I don't know who the clock operator is at North  but I hope to find out so everyone can see who he is.  Granted the game should have been left in the hands of a crooked, scumbag  clock operator. In addition to the two that Worley missed at 1.4 that would have iced it, Corbin shot an almost unbelievable  13 for 30  at the free throw line in the game. Nothing else needs to  be said. One made free throw or one less crooked  scoreboard operator and the Hounds win this one. P needs to get his guys in the gym tomorrow and make them shoot free throws for four hours straight.

What do you think. BGR?  Can a guy catch a pass, turn, dribble the ball and shoot it in 1.0  second?

WYMT's Sports Overtime had a video recap. Link below. Highlight shows the shot itself but you can't see the clock to tell when it starts.

https://www.wymt.com/2024/02/16/watch-ar...y-16-2024/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Granny Bear
(02-17-2024, 02:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hounds led by 3 points with 1.4 seconds on the clock and were at the free throw shooting two free throws. Worley missed both foul shots. North rebounds and calls timeout . Now, 1.0 second left. North inbounds the ball , North player catches it from just beyond half court, turns around, dribbles the ball, then heaves a midcourt shot that goes in to tie it.  North goes on to prevail in two extra periods.

As Cal would say, Corbin really lost the game in the first half. hehe

And no, you can't catch, then dribble, then shoot in 1.0...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Old School Hound
(02-17-2024, 02:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hounds led by 3 points with 1.4 seconds on the clock and were at the free throw shooting two free throws. Worley missed both foul shots. North rebounds and calls timeout . Now, 1.0 second left. North inbounds the ball , North player catches it from just beyond half court, turns around, dribbles the ball, then heaves a midcourt shot that goes in to tie it.  North goes on to prevail in two extra periods.

Doesn't matter.  Corbin should've never been in that spot in the first place.  In the clip that Cactus Jack (thank you) posted, it is clear that when Corbin gets in a stressed playing situation, their defense weakens considerably.  The portions of OT that I saw were poorly coached and poorly played.

The fact that you are blaming all this on a "crooked scumbag clock operator" tells me that you have, again, lost all objectivity.  As far as you are concerned, if Corbin plays; Corbin wins.  All they need to do is show up.  And if they don't win, the blame goes on whomever you can see or determine.

Corbin panicked and lost this game.  Same with HC last night too.  Corbin led by 3 with 1.4 seconds left in the game, AND they were shooting 2 free throws at the time.  smh
(02-17-2024, 08:34 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Doesn't matter.  Corbin should've never been in that spot in the first place.  In the clip that Cactus Jack (thank you) posted, it is clear that when Corbin gets in a stressed playing situation, their defense weakens considerably.  The portions of OT that I saw were poorly coached and poorly played.

The fact that you are blaming all this on a "crooked scumbag clock operator" tells me that you have, again, lost all objectivity.  As far as you are concerned, if Corbin plays; Corbin wins.  All they need to do is show up.  And if they don't win, the blame goes on whomever you can see or determine.

Corbin panicked and lost this game.  Same with HC last night too.  Corbin led by 3 with 1.4 seconds left in the game, AND they were shooting 2 free throws at the time.  smh

I think I said that Corbin should have never been in that situation. It never should have come down to a crooked Laurel Countian. You should have heard the Corbin radio guys if you think Old School was not objective. The pastor said immediately that he was gonna post this on his facebook  page and encouraged everyone to watch it. Yes, Corbin did everything possible to lose a game they should have easily. You never, ever put your fate in the hands of someone from Laurel County. It might cost you a game, or it could cost you your money or your freedom. Most crooked place on earth.  Old School will avoid even the Laurel County part of Corbin. The air even smells questionable there.
It DIDN'T come down to a crooked Laurel Countian. It came down to a situation created by the game that Corbin played. And in typical fashion, you speak negatively of the folks in the entire area. "Most crooked place on earth".....SOSDD
Dang it GB thanks for getting my weekend off to a bad start lol. I have to actually agree with/defend OSH.
A team can absolutely blow 20 chances to put a game away, go 0-100 from the FT line, coaches screw up, etc and have a game stolen from them with 1 second left. In fact, the thing with 1 second left is actually the thing that flips the outcome and not the 120+ things before it. I always thought it defied logic to say the thing at the end shouldn't have mattered. Now I'm not saying anyone cheated in this instance. I didn't even watch the tape. I just know human beings cannot catch a basketball, then dribble it, and then shoot it in 1 second. If that's what the clock operator allowed to happen then Corbin got robbed, even if they made 100 blunders before that final second.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Old School Hound
(02-17-2024, 08:58 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: It DIDN'T come down to a crooked Laurel Countian.  It came down to a situation created by the game that Corbin played.  And in typical fashion, you speak negatively of the folks in the entire area.  "Most crooked place on earth".....SOSDD
 Bo knows football. Old School knows the Tri-County area.  There are a few good folks in the county.  Again, Corbin is not a good enough basketball team. 13 for 30 on free shots is atrocious. Tony knows his team's lack of execution from the charity stripe cost his them. From his post-game comments, it was clear he also thought his team got jobbed on the tying bucket. I'm sure he also remembers  the three-game suspension he got when he journeyed to the corrupt South end of Laurel County last season.
Oh JP, the last thing in the world I want to do is start your weekend off badly!!!

My point is simply this, if a team is ahead by 3 and shooting 2 free throws with 1.4 seconds left; then get beat!!  It ain't the clock keeper's fault.

I had a couple similar experiences when I used to coach.  So, I ran the young'uns ragged the next several practices, then had them shoot free throws when they were dog tired.  Practice was over when each one hit 8 straight free throws.  That was a long day!!!

Fun fact:  This was a long long time ago, and the elementary school did not have a gym.  So both boys and girls practiced on the blacktopped ball court located outside.  This particular night, when practice was finally over, I had parents circling the court with their head lamps on.  I'm such a bitch!!  Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-17-2024, 09:12 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 08:58 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: It DIDN'T come down to a crooked Laurel Countian.  It came down to a situation created by the game that Corbin played.  And in typical fashion, you speak negatively of the folks in the entire area.  "Most crooked place on earth".....SOSDD
 Bo knows football. Old School knows the Tri-County area.  There are a few good folks in the county.  Again, Corbin is not a good enough basketball team. 13 for 30 on free shots is atrocious. Tony knows his team's lack of execution from the charity stripe cost his them. From his post-game comments, it was clear he also thought his team got jobbed on the tying bucket. I'm sure he also remembers  the three-game suspension he got when he journeyed to the corrupt South end of Laurel County last season.
I hadn't heard about that!!  Or, more likely, I've forgotten it.
Children, I have inadvertently done something that OSH is famous for; hijacked a thread.

I am truly sorry, and will do better.

Congratulations North Laurel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior
(02-17-2024, 09:16 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Oh JP, the last thing in the world I want to do is start your weekend off badly!!!

My point is simply this, if a team is ahead by 3 and shooting 2 free throws with 1.4 seconds left; then get beat!!  It ain't the clock keeper's fault.

I had a couple similar experiences when I used to coach.  So, I ran the young'uns ragged the next several practices, then had them shoot free throws when they were dog tired.  Practice was over when each one hit 8 straight free throws.  That was a long day!!!

Fun fact:  This was a long long time ago, and the elementary school did not have a gym.  So both boys and girls practiced on the blacktopped ball court located outside.  This particular night, when practice was finally over, I had parents circling the court with their head lamps on.  I'm such a bitch!!  Tongue
It absolutely can be. If a team A is up with 1 second left and a clock keeper allows team B extra time to score to tie/win. I don't care if team A was up 20 with a minute left they still win if not for extra time allowed by the clock keeper.
(02-17-2024, 09:16 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Oh JP, the last thing in the world I want to do is start your weekend off badly!!!

Fun fact:  This was a long long time ago, and the elementary school did not have a gym.  So both boys and girls practiced on the blacktopped ball court located outside.  This particular night, when practice was finally over, I had parents circling the court with their head lamps on. 
I'm such a bitch!!  Tongue

This isn't the 1920's anymore.  Kids and parents won't tolerate that stuff. They'd just flip you off and stick in their Air Pods and get lost in their rap music. I think the B-word is wrong. The D-word is more like it... Dinosaur!   lol

(02-17-2024, 09:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

It absolutely can be. If a team A is up with 1 second left and a clock keeper allows team B extra time to score to tie/win. I don't care if team A was up 20 with a minute left they still win if not for extra time allowed by the clock keeper.

I obviously agree with Jet here. Yes, Corbin did themselves no favors at all in this game. They didn't close it out like they should have. Yet, they were up 3 with 1 second left. The scoreboard operator and referees allowed a player to catch a ball, turn after he caught it, dribble the ball, then let it fly in 1.0 second. That defies the law of physics!!! It does not defy the law of Laurel County clock operators, however.  Even after all the missed free throws, Corbin still had the game won were it not for the extra time given to Cole Jervis shoot a 52 -foot shot to tie the game.
Going to play devils advocate here. Not from the 13th so I have no horse in the race. Just a man who loves basketball. A man whose played a lot of basketball.

I watched the video that has been posted online from three different angles at least 20 times. Clock keeper was absolutely not in the wrong.

My first instinct tells me you can catch, dribble and shoot in 1 second. Just gotta be really fast. If I’m not mistaken, By rule you only need .4 to shoot a basketball. Anything under has to be a tip in. That’s an KHSAA rule. After watching the video, from the moment he catches it he does all of that very fast with no wasted motion.

Now to the clock keeper. You can see that from the moment he catches it, and to the very instant the camera pans to the goal, the light on the back board is already red. There’s not a frame where the backboard isn’t red. Not sure how you can be upset about that. Next, you have 3 referees watching this kid catch a ball, dribble and shoot in 1 second. They all 3 also said it’s good. If you still think he didn’t start the clock in time, even if he didn’t, we’re talking about .1 or .2 seconds at most. That’s like robot reflexes.

Just wanted to talk about the clock keeper specifically. Long story short, looks good to me. Again, completely unbiased here. If you absolutely feel like you have to blame anyone, blame the 3 refs that called it good cuz I don’t see how you could have ran that clock any better right there.
[-] The following 2 users Like CriticalThinker's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Hi Risk Warrior
OK.....I've been a clock keeper, and when it comes down to 1.4 seconds I'd challenge anyone to start and stop a clock sown to the millisecond accurately, the human brain can't even calculate .4 second to cheat your as likely to start it early as late.

Google Human Reaction Times and do some research, you'll see, that finger on the clock is a human factor, it's a part of the game, just like the referees eyes, the coaches calls, the players missed or made shots, it's what makes it a game the human factor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spoozer12's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(02-17-2024, 11:01 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: OK.....I've been a clock keeper, and when it comes down to 1.4 seconds I'd challenge anyone to start and stop a clock sown to the millisecond accurately, the human brain can't even calculate .4 second to cheat your as likely to start it early as late.

Google Human Reaction Times and do some research, you'll see, that finger on the clock is a human factor, it's a part of the game, just like the referees eyes, the coaches calls, the players missed or made shots, it's what makes it a game the human factor.

Exactly. And the finger in this case belonged to a human from North Laurel County.  Here's the finger he gets from Old School. Dislike  Corbin fans  are giving him fingers, too.
No excuses, North Laurel just spanked that ass RED.. The team with the most points after the buzzer wins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior
(02-17-2024, 12:05 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: No excuses, North Laurel just spanked that ass RED.. The team with the most points after the buzzer wins.

This travesty was par for the course for corrupt Laurel County.  I'd root for the Iranian School for Sharia Law Jihads before I'd ever root for a Laurel County team and that's as honest as I can be.
The refs could have very easily said the shot did not count. And should have. That would have been logic.
Typical Corbin reaction to losing at anything.....cry....cry....cry, put the blame exactly where it
doesn't belong a scorekeeper. You all never disappoint in your reaction to a loss at anything!
And, talk about corruption, you might want to rehash some old Corbin games and see where that
gets you, if you can be honest!
Word on the street is the NL clock keeper learned his trade from the Corbin clock keeper.

This a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.

In true Corbin fashion they blame anyone and everyone for their short coming (free throw shooting, defense)

Does the game mean anything? In the great scheme of things it does not. Move on.

Knowing the situation, my question would be why did coach P have the personal on the floor that he did. Why did he not have his best defenders on the floor coming out of the time out, why did he not have better free throw shooters in the game when they knew the situation, offense subs then defensive subs…..

Having seen clips of both the Whitley game (last second loss) and the North game (game extending three at the buzzer) Corbin defenders seemed more intent on giving space and not fouling than defending. I guess Coach Coach Crawford told them not to foul……he is the clear leading force on the bench…..??
That was a good one. Great win for NL!
(02-17-2024, 08:34 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Same as HC last night? They won by 30 the other night.
But LAST night, they lost by 13. Or at least that's what I was told. I didn't attend the game. And it SOUNDED like they didn't play under control for the last part o the game. That could be wrong; like I said I wasn't there.
I WAS WRONG!!! And there's a couple of commentators that are laughing their butts off at me right now!!

HC girls lost last night to Jackson County. These two boys were heart sick over not covering the game and they MAY have led me to believe it was a boy's game.

I apologize HCS. I should've never doubted you.

Can't catch, turn, dribble and shoot in 1.0s. Bottomline, Hounds were robbed again in the Jungle Gym Den of Thieves.
Corbin Class: (noun) [verb] 1. A study in Corbin History, including all region runner up teams, complete with excuses. 2. Blaming others for failures on the athletic fields and courts. 3. Backwards thinking, ie back in 1982. Or Nibroc. {Corbin backwards}

Origin: old English, SEKY Slang

Used in a sentence: Wow, they really showed Corbin Class last night with the name calling.
Can't catch, turn, dribble and shoot in 1.0 s.  It's not a question of class like Hillbilly Hank implied. It's a question of basketball physics. Physics says it can't happen. As any fan who was at the game clearly saw, the clock DID NOT start when Jervis caught the ball but after he turned and dribbled.

The sad part is that this crook will be in a church pew, or worse yet, a confessional, tomorrow morning soaking up some religiosity and confessing his shameful sins from Friday evening. That's how it works in SEKY.
I think that some people want to think you can anticipate the kid catching the ball. With the advent of the wireless score board there is going to be a lag, I don’t think that there was anything crooked like is being implied by the guy who will make excuses for pretty much every short fall. IF a there was a lag let’s look at technology, and other things.

Or you could stop whining for 1.0 seconds and admire a great basketball play.
[-] The following 2 users Like HenryHankHill's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior, M3b