Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel Defeats GRC 60-57
South Laurels Rawlings put on a show tonight. He had 30 points, 5-3’s, 9 out of 10 from free throw line and was a dawg on defense..Go Cards..
Is GRC a top 5 team this year, no. But still i would say a top 20 team for sure and would be a hard out for any great team in the state, and South knocked them off and played great. Proves the 13th outta have more than one team in the top 25.
(12-29-2023, 12:10 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Is GRC a top 5 team this year, no. But still i would say a top 20 team for sure and would be a hard out for any great team in the state, and South knocked them off and played great. Proves the 13th outta have more than one team in the top 25.
They were #13 coming into tonight unless my hearing aide failed me again..
GRC is or was ranked #13 in the state but won't win their region this year. I'm going with Mason county already loaded and add the 2 reed kids who transferred from Bracken County.
This just further proves that Davis is one of the best coaches in the state. He gets the best out of the players he has and South is always a great defensive team. Add on that he has a great assistant in Hibbard (who should be coaching Clay), South will be a force in the regional tournament. I also heard from a reliable source that he drove coach Marcum from Clay into retirement.
Davis guy ever gets region title or two, we can say how great he is. Winners win.
(12-29-2023, 11:16 AM)Diablo Wrote: Davis guy ever gets region title or two, we can say how great he is.  Winners win.
He went to the final 4 of in 2015/1016.  All I said was he gets the best out of his players every year.  He hasn't had that much talent compared to other schools but is always a force.
(12-29-2023, 11:27 AM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 11:16 AM)Diablo Wrote: Davis guy ever gets region title or two, we can say how great he is.  Winners win.
He went to the final 4 of in 2015/1016.  All I said was he gets the best out of his players every year.  He hasn't had that much talent compared to other schools but is always a force.
Exactly, for years he wasn’t a top 2 or 3 team in talent but then you would see them in the region final. These next two years with mabe and rawlings are his years to prove he is the best in my opinion. This year if he can knock off harlan county i think he’s the best coach in 20 plus years. Next year the region should open up for south and maybe 1 or 2 more teams. A player like Mabe with his length doesn’t just come around every year so the time to shine is right now.
Best coach in the region, he hasn't had half the talent as othes and has performed them all. South won 6 straight districts and 4 of the 6 with less talent.
I have Davis as the #1 coach in the region, hands down.
Wow great win for South Laurel!