Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2024
I don’t know Tommy Greer personally but I know I’d loved to of played for him. Some of you guys are just so unrealistic. The guy came close as anyone has got to Boyle the past two years. Winning that title ain’t as easy as some of you think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Holy Bull
(11-21-2023, 06:04 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 10:08 AM)FastScreen435 Wrote: The title of this thread is Corbin 2024 and a majority of the comments have Boyle's name in them LOL.
   These guys are obsessed with Corbin. the want to incessantly talk about how inferior they are to Boyle. I presume it helps them sleep better at night. sorest game winners I've ever seen. they are really offended that someone dares try to have a team that is competitive against the "mighty" Boyle in 4A football. 

honestly, I would worry less about what Corbin is going to have in 2024 and be worried more about that Morehead State coach vacancy "that cowboy don't got a lot of stick around" as they would say in my home state. especially if you win state, great note to leave on.... 

Son you do realize that these comments are not Boyle people don't you?   

(11-21-2023, 10:43 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 10:08 AM)FastScreen435 Wrote: The title of this thread is Corbin 2024 and a majority of the comments have Boyle's name in them LOL.
As long as Corbin and Boyle is playing in same class it’ll always be a Corbin/Boyle thread because the three stooges on staff made sure of that..
(11-20-2023, 09:06 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: Corbin could be anywhere from 1-4 in 4A next year. Boyle’s replacement at QB is the biggest question they will have to answer. They have plenty of athletes to replace the kid at RB but good smart QB’s dont come through every year but id still put. boyle #1 returning montavin and brock driver along with haddix. PT will also be a top contender again next year returning alot of kids that played in a state championship game as freshman 2 years ago returning for senior year along with one of the top defensive players in the state in martels carter jr. Im not to aure what Covington returns but im sure them and Franklin county will have a solid team next year also.
(11-20-2023, 09:13 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Corbin returns Tommy and his whole staff……..

Boyle returns Haddix and staff………

Nuff Said
(11-20-2023, 09:59 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 09:13 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Corbin returns Tommy and his whole staff……..

Boyle returns Haddix and staff………

Nuff Said
Drops the Mic ? ………..
(11-20-2023, 10:18 PM)Happyhour247 Wrote: Does anyone have a medium Haddix Hounds shirt they’d like to part with? ?
(11-20-2023, 10:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 10:18 PM)Happyhour247 Wrote: Does anyone have a medium Haddix Hounds shirt they’d like to part with? ?
I’d like an XL just to wear around a few people that I know would ruin their Christmas…
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • CC117, Hatz
(11-21-2023, 07:22 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 01:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin will win many more games than they lose. They always do. In excess of 325 kids from grade 2 through HS.  There will be plenty of talent. Bring in a coach from the outside and give him total control and Corbin can win. Will the old guys allow that to happen ,though?
Serious question.  Give how the 2 most recent coaches have been treated why would this be considered an attractive job?  As an outsider looking in just listening to how the fan base and seemingly the administration treats coaches there appears to be too any red flags that come with making this job worthwhile.

Fans like Old School are not the red flags. Corbin has a very passionate fan base. The red flags are the administrators and how they treated the previous coach and then the guy who the selection committee recommended for the job. It is only fitting for a skunk like Dave Cox that the two teams playing this Friday are led by the coach that he ushered out the door and the coach that the selection committee recommended  but Dave said no to. 

Did I mention to you all that I passed by Cox in the cookie aisle at Walmart about two weeks ago? Dude smelled like a weird combination of turpentine, Old Spice, ripe bananas, and old ladies' socks. Picked up a package of lemon creme cookies(Great Value brand). You'd think with that  $150,000+ a year salary and $2,000,000 personal life insurance policy that the BOE gives him, he wouldn't have to buy Walmart brand cookies and wear Dollar Tree cologne.

Here are the 100 year commemorative bourbon whisky bottles that the Redhound Varsity Club sold this year for a $100 donation.  A little birdie told me that some of those old varsity club  Redhounds were pretty hung over Saturday morning after hitting the bourbon late Friday.

Oh, and another friend told me that Tim Short actually had some bottles of whisky made up that read " 2023 Corbin Redhounds State Champions."  Did anyone see any of these whisky bottles or partake of these spirits? I'm not making this up.  I couldn't make something like this up if I tried.

Thumbnail(s)

Will Corbin play the same schedule next year
(11-22-2023, 11:19 PM)Coach00 Wrote: Will Corbin play the same schedule next year
Tommy insisting on putting Hazard on the schedule cost them a state championship, imo.  Play North Laurel instead, they beat Boyle at Campbell. Win state title. No more drought. Not a good scheduling decision.
Not sure what Corbin returns, nor do I care, but it will be the same result as always. Losing to Haddix and the Rebels in the playoffs! The drought will live on!
What was the #1 song 42 years ago? Hehehe
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut, TrojanMan69
The people caught up in Haddix vs Grier is the funniest junk I've ever seen in here. "Cult of Haddix", and 99% of them are from Corbin. Corbin go to the Boyle game dressed in shirts with Haddix face on them? I had missed BGR the past few months, but posting again it's always great to see this topic. :-D I still remember a great Corbin lead Haddix team lose to a much much, MUCH less talented Louisville Central, with way way WAY worse coaching than either Haddix or Grier.
(11-22-2023, 11:19 PM)Coach00 Wrote: Will Corbin play the same schedule next year

Damn, I hope not.. I’d like to see us play teams like Bowling Green. Southwestern, Paducah Tillman, Covington Catholic etc.. When you play quality teams in regular season it helps your team prepare for playoffs plus it’ll help in the RPI. Last year 14-1 and lose to Boyle County and now this year 12-1 and lose to Boyle County. Go 26-2 in two seasons and both losses to Boyle County is unsatisfactory considering…Please play a tougher regular season then past four seasons so the Hounds has a chance in playoffs. Boyle gonna be a lot better next season so better prepare for that..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Holy Bull
I’ve never read so many excuses for one team as I read on this board.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hatz's post:
  • Holy Bull, Walt Longmire
(11-20-2023, 09:09 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I'm glad #74 is graduating.

Why? I always got a KICK out of him….
(11-23-2023, 12:26 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 09:09 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I'm glad #74 is graduating.

Why? I always got a KICK out of him….

Woah
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
I think Tommy sleeps in a XX-Large Haddix Hounds T-Shirt. Front says the Haddix Hounds and the back says Spank Me…
  • HighViz
(11-23-2023, 12:15 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: The people caught up in Haddix vs Grier is the funniest junk I've ever seen in here. "Cult of Haddix", and 99% of them are from Corbin. Corbin go to the Boyle game dressed in shirts with Haddix face on them? I had missed BGR the past few months, but posting again it's always great to see this topic. :-D I still remember a great Corbin lead Haddix team lose to a much much, MUCH less talented Louisville Central, with way way WAY worse coaching than either Haddix or Grier.
It's hard to argue that.  The round mound of ex-Hound does seem to have a bit of a cult following among some in Corbin. I like the guy but I'm not gonna drink his bath water. And, yes, he did lose some games at Corbin that he should have won, the biggest of which was the Central game. Justin laid a few eggs at Corbin. Having said, I'd definitely be fine with him back at Corbin.
Here is some interesting stats that I see. Hmmmmmmmmmm. 

.........................gms,rec,yrd,tds

23 Pietrowski, Eli 12 12 272 3 (D1 EKU)   Caught 12 passes up to the 13th game in 2023

5 Newberry, Hunter 12 5 47 0  Caught 5 passes in 12 games in 2023

2 Curry, Zander 12 1 24 0 (D1 EKU) Caught 1 pass in 12 games in 2023

I hope in 2024 the final stats don't look like these...
(11-23-2023, 10:30 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Here is some interesting stats that I see. Hmmmmmmmmmm. 

23 Pietrowski, Eli 12 12 272 3 (D1 EKU)   Caught 12 passes up to the 13th game in 2023

Yep.. All these kids are ballers too. Last season had Brody Wells and Zander Curry and didn’t use either one correctly. Got a lot of underclassmen that sure got a lot of reps tho. The Corbin way..
  • Bull got out!
sure wish we were having our thanksgiving practice today!
[-] The following 1 user Likes REDPUPPY's post:
  • Cowboy42
(11-23-2023, 10:30 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Here is some interesting stats that I see. Hmmmmmmmmmm. 

I am a big fan of these kids. I thought Eli Pietrowski with his size would be a hard matchup for alot of teams. I think he is a tremendous athlete. Im a big fan! I personally would have liked to see him with about 36-40 catches and 9-15 touchdowns on the season IMO. Hunter Newberry is another one. I would have liked to see him with triple the receptions and TDs... Zander Curry is a beast! I thought he looked so good running the ball. When I saw this stat line, I was like dang, how do you not give the ball to this dude! Zander is a MVP type athlete. Can do it all. I as a fan am so proud of these young men for not giving up. Just know that fans who watch the game film and know better sees through the smoke and knows what kind of talent is on the team. Corbin fans and community has alot to be proud of when they have young men like this representing them. I am one who would like to see the talent more utilized across the board. Its not by accident that D1 colleges sees this type talent as well. Keep up the good work!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42

Exactly!   Hell, for awhile , I was thinking Pietrowski must have quit the team. I simply don't understand our coaches mindset of not getting the ball into the hands of your best athletes and letting them make plays for you. Let them make plays for you ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!

(11-23-2023, 01:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I am a big fan of these kids. I thought Eli Pietrowski with his size would be a hard matchup for alot of teams. I think he is a tremendous athlete. Im a big fan! I personally would have liked to see him with about 36-40 catches and 9-15 touchdowns on the season IMO. Hunter Newberry is another one. I would have liked to see him with triple the receptions and TDs... Zander Curry is a beast! I thought he looked so good running the ball. When I saw this stat line, I was like dang, how do you not give the ball to this dude! Zander is a MVP type athlete. Can do it all. I as a fan am so proud of these young men for not giving up. Just know that fans who watch the game film and know better sees through the smoke and knows what kind of talent is on the team. Corbin fans and community has alot to be proud of when they have young men like this representing them. I am one who would like to see the talent more utilized across the board. Its not by accident that D1 colleges sees this type talent as well. Keep up the good work!
No one misuses talent like the Corbin coaching staff. They've done some good things the two seasons but just think how much better it could have been with proper use of player personnel. . Boyle would have stood little chance.
The redhounds will be back and ready to contend for state again soon.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, Corbin would have won 42 straight high school football championships!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler22's post:
  • Deuce8, HighViz
Wow you guys are tough critics in Corbin. I was at game just watch not cheering for neither team and I thought Offensive Cord called hell of game for Corbin. Converted on some big downs and could easily win that game. Haddix did nothing special gave ball to his best player and one best athletes if not best athlete in Ky. Couple tough penalties hurt Corbin. It tough loss but could easily been Corbin win.be grateful that you had team that can compete with the big dogs. Wasn’t that long ago before Haddix you guys lucky get to a regional finals. Sometimes getting new coaches is not always better. You guys had hell of team this year. Greer May not be likeable coach but he won every where been. They’re a lot passion in Corbin and that good thing and you been blessed to have some really good coaches . Hopefully that continues. A lot programs would like be where Corbin has been last 10 years. It hard win a state titles sometimes a little luck has be involved.
(11-23-2023, 04:12 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Wow you guys are tough critics in Corbin. I was at game just watch not cheering for neither team and I thought Offensive Cord called hell of game for Corbin. Converted on some big downs and could easily win that game. Haddix did nothing special gave ball to his best player and one best athletes if not best athlete in Ky. Couple tough penalties hurt Corbin. It tough loss but could easily been Corbin win.be grateful that you had team that can compete with the big dogs. Wasn’t that long ago before Haddix you guys lucky get to a regional finals. Sometimes getting new coaches is not always better. You guys had hell of team this year. Greer May not be likeable coach but he won every where been. They’re a lot passion in Corbin and that good thing and you been blessed to have some really good coaches . Hopefully that continues. A lot programs would like be where Corbin has been last 10 years. It hard win a state titles sometimes a little luck has be involved.
Lucky to get to a regional final ? would you like to compare Boyle and Corbin State titles the last 20 years

Boyle 03 state title 09 state title 2010 state title 2017 state title ( beat Corbin by 19)
2020 state title 2021 state title 2022 state title

Feel free to put Corbin State titles then we can continue the talk of success
(11-23-2023, 04:12 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Wow you guys are tough critics in Corbin. I was at game just watch not cheering for neither team and I thought Offensive Cord called hell of game for Corbin. Converted on some big downs and could easily win that game. Haddix did nothing special gave ball to his best player and one best athletes if not best athlete in Ky. Couple tough penalties hurt Corbin. It tough loss but could easily been Corbin win.be grateful that you had team that can compete with the big dogs. Wasn’t that long ago before Haddix you guys lucky get to a regional finals. Sometimes getting new coaches is not always better. You guys had hell of team this year. Greer May not be likeable coach but he won every where been. They’re a lot passion in Corbin and that good thing and you been blessed to have some really good coaches . Hopefully that continues. A lot programs would like be where Corbin has been last 10 years. It hard win a state titles sometimes a little luck has be involved.
No Haddix didn’t do anything special except run the same plays he’s ran all season long, get the picture….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42
Why do you think there is more talk about Corbin on this site by a factor of 20 than any other football program ? Why so much interest in a program that hasn't won a title in 41 years ? In fact, there will be more Corbin threads, more Corbin thread views, and more posts about Corbin than all six of this year's state champions combined. Why is that? Some are gonna say because of Old School but it was already that way before Old School arrived on the scene. I know another site that seems to have a NKY bias. Maybe that's because the owner is a Beechwood grad and norther KY resident. It seems like this site seems to draw most of its members from eastern/SE KY. Could be wrong. Maybe people just like all the drama that seems to ooze from the Corbin program and from its peripherals. If so, that's why Old School is good for business. It's tabloid stuff at its finest. I'll bring it to you in all its unvarnished glory.
(11-23-2023, 04:41 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
Lucky to get to a regional final ? would you like to compare Boyle and Corbin State titles the last 20 years

Boyle 03 state title 09 state title 2010 state title 2017 state title ( beat Corbin by 19)

(11-23-2023, 09:26 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 04:41 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:

Thumbnail(s)

• CC117
(11-23-2023, 08:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why do you think there is more talk about Corbin on this site  by a factor of 20 than any other football program ? Why so much interest in a program that hasn't won a title in 41 years ? In fact, there will be more Corbin threads, more Corbin thread views, and more posts about Corbin than all six of this year's state champions combined. Why is that? Some are gonna say because of Old School but it was already that way before Old School arrived on the scene.  I know another site that seems to have a NKY bias. Maybe that's because the owner is a Beechwood grad and norther KY resident. It seems like this site seems to draw most of its members from eastern/SE KY. Could be wrong.  Maybe people just like all the drama that seems to ooze from the Corbin program and from its peripherals.  If so, that's why Old School is good for business. It's tabloid stuff at its finest.  I'll bring it to you in all its unvarnished glory.
I know that site you talk about it a money trap all it is
(11-24-2023, 12:48 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 08:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why do you think there is more talk about Corbin on this site  by a factor of 20 than any other football program ? Why so much interest in a program that hasn't won a title in 41 years ? In fact, there will be more Corbin threads, more Corbin thread views, and more posts about Corbin than all six of this year's state champions combined. Why is that? Some are gonna say because of Old School but it was already that way before Old School arrived on the scene.  I know another site that seems to have a NKY bias. Maybe that's because the owner is a Beechwood grad and norther KY resident. It seems like this site seems to draw most of its members from eastern/SE KY. Could be wrong.  Maybe people just like all the drama that seems to ooze from the Corbin program and from its peripherals.  If so, that's why Old School is good for business. It's tabloid stuff at its finest.  I'll bring it to you in all its unvarnished glory.
I know that site you talk about it a money trap all it is

Yeah, I'm not fond of the way the big guy conducts business there at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Advicegiver74
(11-20-2023, 08:30 PM)Hatz Wrote: How many starters do the Hounds lose?  Their QB and one or two targets are back, aren’t they?  They had a great Line. How many return?
The Hounds are loaded next season and are expected to win the 4A State Championship.
(11-24-2023, 10:58 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 08:30 PM)Hatz Wrote: How many starters do the Hounds lose?  Their QB and one or two targets are back, aren’t they?  They had a great Line. How many return?
The Hounds are loaded next season and are expected to win the 4A State Championship.
Don't they lost most of their offense and defense