Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
79.22%
Corbin
20.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Corbin @ Boyle County 11/17 3RD ROUND
(11-16-2023, 04:36 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I work for Boyle County Schools and tickets are still being sold online and they will probably take debit cards at the gate there was a football meeting this morning and as of 10:30 there had only been 3600 tickets sold and they were expecting to sell 8-1200 more and the 3600 were sales for both schools so all these ticket sale numbers are being blown out of proportion.
MANNNN!! 8-1200 is a pretty big spread  Smile   I was honestly expecting somewhere between 5-6K in attendance. I know the Boyle co game back when you all came to corbin had a huge number of people. But i guess now days streaming makes it easier. Depending on the weather I might just watch it at home. I'm to old to sit on cold metal bleachers soaking wet
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
IMO these two are pretty even. I like our odds going into this game at Ballard Robinson Field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz
(11-16-2023, 05:03 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: IMO these two are pretty even.  I like our odds going into this game at Ballard Robinson Field.
How much do you think home field matters in a game like this? Honest question. I don't know the answer.
When it comes to tickets, why would one want to go and get rained on when it will be streamed? And streamed for free at that.
(11-16-2023, 04:45 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 04:36 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I work for Boyle County Schools and tickets are still being sold online and they will probably take debit cards at the gate there was a football meeting this morning and as of 10:30 there had only been 3600 tickets sold and they were expecting to sell 8-1200 more and the 3600 were sales for both schools so all these ticket sale numbers are being blown out of proportion.

Interesting, Jack.

It’s the gospel!

(11-16-2023, 04:47 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
MANNNN!! 8-1200 is a pretty big spread  :)   I was honestly expecting somewhere between 5-6K in attendance. I know the Boyle co game back when you all came to corbin had a huge number of people. But i guess now days streaming makes it easier. Depending on the weather I might just watch it at home. I'm to old to sit on cold metal bleachers soaking wet

If they sell another 1200 you’re pretty close to 5000.
The interview Haddix and Greer done on 13th region twitter was good. Both coaches respect each other and their programs. And Greer tells you why kids choose to to play at Corbin and Boyle because they rank #1 in the 13th and 12th region in academics.
(11-16-2023, 06:13 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: The interview Haddix and Greer done on 13th region twitter was good. Both coaches respect each other and their programs. And Greer tells you why kids choose to to play at Corbin and Boyle because they rank #1 in the 13th and 12th region in academics.

But is that really the reason?   When Greer's mouth moves, he's lying.
(11-16-2023, 05:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 05:03 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: IMO these two are pretty even.  I like our odds going into this game at Ballard Robinson Field.
How much do you think home field matters in a game like this? Honest question. I don't know the answer.
I'd say home field is at least a touchdown.
  • Jack Lambert
(11-16-2023, 06:20 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 05:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
I'd say home field is at least a touchdown.

That's kinda what I was thinking but I have nothing tangible I can point to support how much the advantage is. I'd say in a game like this, where the schools are not that far apart , it might be less of an advantage than having to travel four hours across the state.  I think I'd feel a TD better than I do right now if the game was at Campbell Field.  Again, thanks ,Tommy and Dave, for that Hazard game.
(11-16-2023, 01:17 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 12:58 PM)Rock nation Wrote: Boyle 42
Corbin 7

Woah 

Would be good on my blood pressure during the game but I'm not expecting it.  Pretty sure it will be in hypertension for over 48 minutes.

77% to 22% is a little shocking to me on the poll.
Me too. It about the same with the FD game too, which turned out more right than I thought.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Holy Bull's post:
  • HighViz
(11-16-2023, 06:13 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: The interview Haddix and Greer done on 13th region twitter was good. Both coaches respect each other and their programs. And Greer tells you why kids choose to to play at Corbin and Boyle because they rank #1 in the 13th and 12th region in academics.
What did you expect them to say in an interview, I’d bet any amount of money you want that 1 on 1 Justin Haddix has a very different opinion of Greer than the one expressed for public consumption….I’m cheering for my Hounds Friday night and Greer by default, I’m also hoping him and his bat boy Cox take the hint and go somewhere / anywhere else besides where they currently hang their hat….
[-] The following 7 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, HighViz, Hound05, know1, Old School Hound, pjdoug
(11-16-2023, 07:43 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
What did you expect them to say in an interview, I’d bet any amount of money you want that 1 on 1 Justin Haddix has a very different opinion of Greer than the one expressed for public consumption….I’m cheering for my Hounds Friday night and Greer by default, I’m also hoping him and his bat boy Cox take the hint and go somewhere / anywhere else besides where they currently hang their hat….
Correct. Interviews like that are pointless unless one person is too stupid to be diplomatic.
(11-16-2023, 02:38 PM)TrojanMan69 Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 10:15 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 02:17 AM)TrojanMan69 Wrote: Gotta feel bad for Coach Greer and the Redhounds as they prepare to get bounced in the 3rd round to coach Haddix again. At least last year they got to play in the state title game before Haddix took his son Tommy Greer to the woodshed.

Boyle 35
Corbin 29

I'm not even a Greer fan, but some of you have a sick obsession with calling a man young enough to be his son his daddy. Buncha freaks. lol
Lighten up, PJ. It's all in good fun.

I was having fun when I posted the comment. lol. I hope you're doing well and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
How many series do the twins play on the offensive side of the ball?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
(11-16-2023, 11:18 PM)BEChargers Wrote: How many series do the twins play on the offensive side of the ball?

None that I know of.
(11-16-2023, 11:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 11:18 PM)BEChargers Wrote: How many series do the twins play on the offensive side of the ball?

None that I know of.
Haven’t watched a Corbin game all year. But, they have two 5 star kids and they only play one side of the ball? From the outside looking in that doesn’t make much sense.
I mean playing on the line, I'd ideally like to keep them to one side or the other. But it's win or go home. I believe I would use them any way I could to win the game.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
They should play them all but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them on offense. Your best players and athletes should play on both sides of the ball.
Pure lip service…
(11-17-2023, 12:04 AM)BEChargers Wrote: I mean playing on the line, I'd ideally like to keep them to one side or the other.  But it's win or go home.  I believe I would use them any way I could to win the game.
You would and I would but the Corbin coach will probably not.

Well, let's see ... Saturday, UK gets embarrassed on the gridiron by Alabama. Tuesday, , Kentucky blew a late six point lead and lost to Kansas. Tonight, the Bengals get dominated by the Ravens and Burrow suffers what could be a torn ligament or tendon in his throwing hand. If my Hounds lay an egg in a season-ending loss in Danville and extend their 41 year title drought , could someone kindly put me out of my misery and blow my gosh damn off?

Jesse Morse, MD
@DrJesseMorse
Joe Burrow #Bengals

? don’t like to hear this

Burrow is on the sidelines without a brace or cast on.

This likely means he tore a ligament or tendon in his wrist.

There’s a ton of them, so it’s too difficult to speculate which one.

I’m expecting him to get an MRI tmr, and then we brace for the news.

Initial gut feeling: season-ending ligament tear in his throwing wrist requiring surgery

Hope I’m wrong.
Forecast hasn't changed too much. During the game it's looking like a 50-60% chance of light rain showers which should taper off near the end of the game. Temps in the upper 50s with light to moderate winds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Jack Lambert
This game has so much hype. What will everyone talk about when this one is over???
[-] The following 1 user Likes RedMachine's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-17-2023, 10:07 AM)RedMachine Wrote: This game has so much hype.  What will everyone talk about when this one is over???

I’m sure the winners will be talking for a while.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hatz's post:
  • Granny Bear, know1

Odd thing to say when your two best transfers left one of the top 50 schools academically in the country.
(11-17-2023, 10:07 AM)RedMachine Wrote: This game has so much hype.  What will everyone talk about when this one is over???

"Will Haddix be returning to coach the Hounds" will probably be the offseason topic.
:Jack Lambert: any update on Ticket sales? I have a feeling the crowd will be evenly split. I’ve heard Corbin travels well…

Keep us updated on rain fall! My weather shows a 30% from 7-10 but I may still bring my frog togg suit. Lol.
(11-17-2023, 10:25 AM)Shogun Wrote:

Odd thing to say when your two best transfers left one of the top 50 schools academically in the country.
True, but came back closer to where lived and played when they were younger and chose to attend on  of the top academic schools in the state of Kentucky. It's a stretch to believe anything that Tommy says but, at least, this comment wasn't an insane stretch.
I think I remember seeing that Corbin's 1st. team defense gave up only 1 TD before the Taylor Game. If both TD's last week was on the 1st. team D that's 3 touchdowns in 12 games. WOW! Some of these scores has Boyle doubling that total in a half. Personally I see Boyle well under their average but well above what Corbin has been giving up. I'm expecting 21-28 points for Boyle. Question is that enough?
  • Hatz
(11-17-2023, 10:07 AM)RedMachine Wrote: This game has so much hype. What will everyone talk about when this one is over???

Boyle co fans and team will be talking about next week’s opponent. Corbin fans will be talking about how they were better but lost. Greer will be talking about how he had a successful season going 12-1 for the 4 year and how the kids lost it for him. Old school hound, bull, and myself will say look to the comments from over the past 4 years after Tom and Wayne blew another good opportunity.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, know1, Old School Hound
From what I heard this morning they’re expecting between 5-6000.

(11-17-2023, 10:46 AM)FootballFan97 Wrote: :Jack Lambert: any update on Ticket sales? I have a feeling the crowd will be evenly split. I’ve heard Corbin travels well…

Keep us updated on rain fall! My weather shows a 30% from 7-10 but I may still bring my frog togg suit. Lol.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next