Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
79.22%
Corbin
20.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Corbin @ Boyle County 11/17 3RD ROUND
(11-11-2023, 12:48 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 12:40 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Boyle by 21.  The sound keeper plays Toby Keith’s classic Who’sYour Daddy after the game.
I think Boyle by at least two TD’s. Not sure that Corbin is truly ready for the speed that Boyle is going to bring to them. Hopefully I’m wrong and it’s a great game.

(11-11-2023, 01:25 PM)Corbin Wrote: Corbin is better, Boyle is faster. Better doesn’t always mean you win. I think speed gives Boyle the advantage. That being said, they’ve not played a defense close to Corbin. Hounds can definitely slow them down. The key is make sure they keep their scoring opportunities to a minimum.

Let’s say you are correct and Corbin is better but Boyle is faster which they most definitely are. Speed kills but defense wins championships right. Well you forgot the most important piece of the puzzle and that is coaching. Boyle is by far the better coached team and Haddix is THE BEST coach. I will go even further to say his DC is the second best coach on the field during that game
(11-13-2023, 04:27 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 12:48 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 12:40 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Boyle by 21.  The sound keeper plays Toby Keith’s classic Who’sYour Daddy after the game.
I think Boyle by at least two TD’s. Not sure that Corbin is truly ready for the speed that Boyle is going to bring to them. Hopefully I’m wrong and it’s a great game.

(11-11-2023, 01:25 PM)Corbin Wrote: Corbin is better, Boyle is faster. Better doesn’t always mean you win. I think speed gives Boyle the advantage. That being said, they’ve not played a defense close to Corbin. Hounds can definitely slow them down. The key is make sure they keep their scoring opportunities to a minimum.

Let’s say you are correct and Corbin is better but Boyle is faster which they most definitely are.  Speed kills but defense wins championships right.  Well you forgot the most important piece of the puzzle and that is coaching.  Boyle is by far the better coached team and Haddix is THE BEST coach.  I will go even further to say his DC is the second best coach on the field during that game

Do you think Tom Greer is a competent football coach ?  His mentors, Archie Powers, Cotton Adams,  and Dudley Hilton were/are some of the best.
Tickets go on sale at 8am Monday. Not sure where the other info about them already being sold came from.

They are only available online and must be purchased in advance of Friday's game. Tickets are $10 each, with ages 6 and under admitted free.

Purchase tickets here:

https://boylekyschools.hometownticketing.com/embed/event/538?es=etvggu5rd6huqlutmnf3oqfkl2&single=0&fbclid=IwAR3S0Iab5kGY4VOmzCs9eIi3S_qRx5nohhRJ6NfjybMqmXe7u4z3FCPvons

Parking lots open at 4:30PM gameday. No tailgating allowed.

Current forecast is calling for rain. Hope that changes.
(11-13-2023, 07:58 AM)know1 Wrote: Tickets go on sale at 8am Monday. Not sure where the other info about them already being sold came from.

They are only available online and must be purchased in advance of Friday's game. Tickets are $10 each, with ages 6 and under admitted free.

Purchase tickets here:

https://boylekyschools.hometownticketing.com/embed/event/538?es=etvggu5rd6huqlutmnf3oqfkl2&single=0&fbclid=IwAR3S0Iab5kGY4VOmzCs9eIi3S_qRx5nohhRJ6NfjybMqmXe7u4z3FCPvons

Hoping for a game-long deluge of  rain and wind. A monsoon. Bad weather conditions might help mitigate that speed. Works to Corbin's advantage.
The game broadcast (video and commentary) will be streamed. My guess is free.
(11-13-2023, 08:47 AM)know1 Wrote: The game broadcast (video and commentary) will be streamed. My guess is free.

I think once it gets to region championship round the khsaa takes over rights. It will probably be streamed but it will be on NFHS and cost 12 bucks. Not a bad deal but probably not free
(11-13-2023, 08:47 AM)know1 Wrote: The game broadcast (video and commentary) will be streamed. My guess is free.

I was told it may be broadcast on GLICOD youtube channel. Many if their past games were. And I have to say they do a very good job broadcasting it. BUT nothing definite yet..
(11-13-2023, 09:34 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

I think once it gets to region championship round the khsaa takes over rights. It will probably be streamed but it will be on NFHS and cost 12 bucks. Not a bad deal but probably not free
According to a tweet yesterday by the Danville News, it will be on the Boyle Co Sports Network on YouTube. They are usually free.
[-] The following 2 users Like know1's post:
  • Jack Lambert, KnoxvillesFinest

No tailgating????

What does Boyle Co have against good food?!?
Smile Smile Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • know1, pjdoug
I will be attending this one
(11-13-2023, 07:58 AM)know1 Wrote: Tickets go on sale at 8am Monday. Not sure where the other info about them already being sold came from.

Purchase tickets here:

No tailgating allowed? Wow
[-] The following 2 users Like rookie57's post:
  • Granny Bear, pjdoug
(11-13-2023, 12:48 AM)With A Cause Wrote: How many teams did Corbin play during the regular season that had over a .500 record? 

How many teams did Boyle play during the regular season that had over a .500 record? 

Just asking for a friend.

How many personalities do you have, Waterboy?
(11-13-2023, 09:59 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: No tailgating????

Smile  Smile  Smile

They need to sell more food , so they can  buy another player Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Glory_Days
(11-12-2023, 10:11 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: Can Corbin’s defense handle the overall team speed of Boyle’s offense? Hard to stop one speed demon, 3-4 of them complemented by a hard nosed RB like Bodner. It’s hard to cover all those bases. Should be a great game.

It's also hard to stop defenders that run through and around offensive linemen like a speeding bullet. lol
Everytime I try to reserve tickets, it says 70 or 15 and gives some insane price. I just need two tickets.
(11-13-2023, 11:30 AM)Corbin Wrote: Everytime I try to reserve tickets, it says 70 or 15 and gives some insane price. I just need two tickets.
Same. I think the platform is experiencing technical difficulties.
Boyle County by 21.
(11-12-2023, 03:59 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 10:45 AM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 09:51 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Boom ! Boom ! Boom !! I hate that cannon and so will Corbin fans on Friday night at about 10:00.

Yes, Corbin has the Smith Twins,  but the Twins are not fast enough to catch Quisenberry.

Boyle rolls 35 - 14
I don't know one person that likes the booming. It is stupid considering the football field is practically next to the Humane Society, less than a quarter mile from an assisted living facility and a children's home.  No consideration for others except the few that think it means something.

actually my mom lives across the highway. She likes the fireworks cause it lets her know how Boyle is doing.
I love to hear the fireworks too.
(11-13-2023, 04:40 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 04:27 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 12:48 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote: [quote="Bossdaddy 4115" pid="2431497" dateline="1699717213"]
Boyle by 21.  The sound keeper plays Toby Keith’s classic Who’sYour Daddy after the game.

Let’s say you are correct and Corbin is better but Boyle is faster which they most definitely are.  Speed kills but defense wins championships right.  Well you forgot the most important piece of the puzzle and that is coaching.  Boyle is by far the better coached team and Haddix is THE BEST coach.  I will go even further to say his DC is the second best coach on the field during that game

Do you think Tom Greer is a competent football coach ?  His mentors, Archie Powers, Cotton Adams,  and Dudley Hilton were/are some of the best.

Archie Powers, Cotton Addams were not egotistical. They coached from their heart a lot like a guy we know named Justin Haddix. As far as Dudley he is a legend but is slot more like a Tom Greer. Win 10 plus games a year and let the chips fall where they may. Difference is when Dudley had a good team he makes it to the big game and has won a few. Tom doesn’t do that he takes them to his legendary mark of 12-1 or 13-1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Old School Hound
Ticket link seems to be working now.

No idea why they won't allow tailgating. Maybe it's a parking space issue for a game that should have a much larger crowd than normal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-13-2023, 12:24 PM)know1 Wrote: Ticket link seems to be working now.

No idea why they won't allow tailgating. Maybe it's a parking space issue for a game that should have a much larger crowd than normal.

They're using a section that's squared off for Boyle fans to tailgate so there wouldn't be enough parking if both teams were tailgating.
I'd rather tailgate with a cold one and that good salad bar at Cattleman's Steakhouse. Isn't that the name of the place next to the Japanese joint?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Holy Bull
(11-13-2023, 01:16 PM)Corbin Wrote: I'd rather tailgate with a cold one and that good salad bar at Cattleman's Steakhouse. Isn't that the name of the place next to the Japanese joint?

Yep that’s it.

I expect 6000-8000 people at the game Friday night if the Corbin fans travel like I think they will.
(11-13-2023, 01:16 PM)Corbin Wrote: I'd rather tailgate with a cold one and that good salad bar at Cattleman's Steakhouse. Isn't that the name of the place next to the Japanese joint?

I’ve tried to get into cattlemens several times when driving threw Danville. Even stopped on a Tuesday night once. Never got the chance. Wait times were always one hour plus!
(11-13-2023, 01:46 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

I’ve tried to get into cattlemens several times when driving threw Danville. Even stopped on a Tuesday night once. Never got the chance. Wait times were always one hour plus!

They have Good food.
I had planned on seeing this game in person.  Was gonna make 64SUR take me.  BUT, it's supposed to rain!! 
Guess I'll keep my arthritic joints at home!! Sad
(11-13-2023, 11:21 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 09:59 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: No tailgating????

Smile  Smile  Smile

They need to sell more food , so they can  buy another player Big Grin
They already got another Transfer. Qb from Woodford County enrolled about 3 weeks ago. Boyle aint going nowhere anytime soon.
We will be getting to town about 4 so I'd say we will have plenty of time to eat a bite. What's some good joints downtown?

Corbin may bring 4-5K themselves. Sounds crazy but very possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-13-2023, 01:37 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:

Yep that’s it.

I expect 6000-8000 people at the game Friday night if the Corbin fans travel like I think they will.

I heard there was 8500 at the LCA game and this one should have more.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next