Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
79.22%
Corbin
20.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Corbin @ Boyle County 11/17 3RD ROUND
(11-11-2023, 03:25 PM)Hound05 Wrote: If we don’t get certain weak spots off the field on D and play our play makers on both sides, it could be a struggle for us
Weak spots?
At some point Haddix opts to go for it on a 4th down or two, Corbin stops it. Or Haddix opts to go for 2, doesn't get it. It'll be something. Corbin wins 21-20.
Douglass’s defense as a whole > Corbin’s as a whole.

To all those saying Boyle hasn’t played a defense like Corbin’s.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Jack Lambert, know1
(11-12-2023, 10:45 AM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 09:51 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Boom ! Boom ! Boom !! I hate that cannon and so will Corbin fans on Friday night at about 10:00.

Yes, Corbin has the Smith Twins,  but the Twins are not fast enough to catch Quisenberry.

Boyle rolls 35 - 14
I don't know one person that likes the booming. It is stupid considering the football field is practically next to the Humane Society, less than a quarter mile from an assisted living facility and a children's home.  No consideration for others except the few that think it means something.

actually my mom lives across the highway. She likes the fireworks cause it lets her know how Boyle is doing.
[-] The following 4 users Like Hatz's post:
  • Deuce8, Hound05, Jack Lambert, pjdoug
(11-12-2023, 03:59 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 09:51 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Boom ! Boom ! Boom !! I hate that cannon and so will Corbin fans on Friday night at about 10:00.

Yes, Corbin has the Smith Twins,  but the Twins are not fast enough to catch Quisenberry.

Boyle rolls 35 - 14
I don't know one person that likes the booming. It is stupid considering the football field is practically next to the Humane Society, less than a quarter mile from an assisted living facility and a children's home.  No consideration for others except the few that think it means something.

actually my mom lives across the highway. She likes the fireworks cause it lets her know how Boyle is doing.
A lot of people feel the same way about it - they like knowing Boyle scored.

And they are fireworks and not a cannon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Hatz
OSH. You asked my opinion, called me out. I gave it, and you don’t like it. Just because I live in the school district doesn’t mean I have to think it’s all about the C. Tommy, Steve Hart, Dave Cox, Burley Foley are C for clowns. The kids will get a win when they are Gone.

Seen a lot say the twins will play Offense. I like it for a play or 2. However. They haven’t done it in the regular season or playoff game . So I wouldn’t be positive that that will work out for them. With all good things comes consistency. Also, I feel it will negate them defensively playing both sides of the ball.

Again. I’m not a typical Corbinite. If I feel we aren’t the best, I’m not gonna jus say it like some do. 41 years. With I had a nickel for the amount of times people said we were gonna win it all. I’d have a mansion in LA.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Hound05, Jack Lambert

Boyle rolls 35 - 14

If she is across 127, then she could hear the fireworks without the big booms. I know this as that is where I live as well.
(11-12-2023, 05:14 PM)Holy Bull Wrote:

Boyle rolls 35 - 14

If she is across 127, then she could hear the fireworks without the big booms. I know this as that is where I live as well.

She lives on Kendall Way in the Senior cul de sac there. I’m just telling you what she tells me.
I could see Dawson having a big game, I think it would be better to pick and choose the pass rush- versus contain. Unfortunately, Dawson can fly, I saw he ran a 4.4 at a camp, so he isn’t easy to tackle. I know Haddix plays numerous players both ways, even a young sophomore lineman Haddix will move around that he started as a freshman. . Haddix will play his best players on both sides and special teams, of course when you beat everyone badly everyone plays and it’s not a problem. I’m not sure Corbin will do that…too worried about what parents may think, Boyle probably by 2 or 3 scores.
Hearing Boyle has already sold 1500 tickets to the home fans and are waiting till tomorrow to open it to everyone.
(11-12-2023, 04:36 PM)HighViz Wrote: OSH.  You asked my opinion, called me out.  I gave it, and you don’t like it.  Just because I live in the school district doesn’t mean I have to think it’s all about the C.  Tommy, Steve Hart, Dave Cox, Burley Foley are C for clowns.  The kids will get a win when they are Gone. 

Seen a lot say the twins will play Offense.  I like it for a play or 2.  However.  They haven’t done it in the regular season or playoff game .  So I wouldn’t be positive that that will work out for them.  With all good things comes consistency. Also, I feel it will negate them defensively playing both sides of the ball. 

Again. I’m not a typical Corbinite.  If I feel we aren’t the best, I’m not gonna jus say it like some do. 41 years.  With I had a nickel for the amount of times people said we were gonna win it all.  I’d have a mansion in LA.

Don't get me wrong, sir, I like how you speak your mind and call out the ship of fools that have hindered Corbin from claiming the ultimate victory for over four decades.  I like that you aren't afraid to name names. I agree with you about everyone of those old fools you have named. I agree that Boyle is the favorite. Just don't sell our kids short. They are the best competition that Boyle will see this season. Our kids believe they are gonna win. If some things go well, we get a couple of turnovers, and Greer can keep out of his own way, we can win this thing.
I’m not selling them short. We don’t have a single coach that could stand on the Boyle Sideline and do better than them. We have 5-6 players that would take Boyle positions out of 22. Others would be backups or package kids. Stop acting like we are world beaters with 3 top notch kids. Rest are just good football players.

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.
(11-12-2023, 07:43 PM)HighViz Wrote: I’m not selling them short.  We don’t have a single coach that could stand on the Boyle Sideline and do better than them.  We have 5-6 players that would take Boyle positions out of 22.  Others would be backups or package kids.  Stop acting like we are world beaters with 3 top notch kids.  Rest are just good football players. 

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.

If we do happen to win then either our coaches were better, our players were better, or both. I'll be interested to see which of those you choose if we go in there and win. (By the way, I don't think our coaches are better).
(11-12-2023, 07:18 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Hearing Boyle has already sold 1500 tickets to the home fans and are waiting till tomorrow to open it to everyone.
Just got mine and was told 3400 plus already purchased tickets..
(11-12-2023, 07:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:43 PM)HighViz Wrote: I’m not selling them short.  We don’t have a single coach that could stand on the Boyle Sideline and do better than them.  We have 5-6 players that would take Boyle positions out of 22.  Others would be backups or package kids.  Stop acting like we are world beaters with 3 top notch kids.  Rest are just good football players. 

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.

If we do happen to win then either our coaches were better, our players were better, or both. I'll be interested to see which of those you choose if we go in there and win. (By the way, I don't think our coaches are better).
The late Willard Farris said it best, “they’d take corbin winning vs the Green Bay packers.” (Referring to a newspaper writer). I’m a corbin fan. I’m a UK fan. A bengals fan. I like that we take pride in what we do here. But that doesn’t mean you think we’re gonna win every single game (AS A FAN, not a player, coach, etc). But I’m gonna stick with my head and not my heart. I thought we might have had them last year if the play calling was right. This year we are the underdog. I hope we do win. And yes we have a good possibility of winning, but so boyle. And I’m not saying this to you, just in general btw. Underdogs have won before. We did against them a few years ago. Granted it was a different situation. But it’s possible. But you as a math guy know the difference between possibility and probability. It’s very possible we win, probable… less than 50% obviously as the underdog.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • BEChargers, Old School Hound
(11-12-2023, 08:13 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.

The late Willard Farris said it best, “they’d take corbin winning vs the Green Bay packers.” (Referring to a newspaper writer). I’m a corbin fan. I’m a UK fan. A bengals fan. I like that we take pride in what we do here. But that doesn’t mean you think we’re gonna win every single game (AS A FAN, not a player, coach, etc). But I’m gonna stick with my head and not my heart. I thought we might have had them last year if the play calling was right. This year we are the underdog. I hope we do win. And yes we have a good possibility of winning, but so boyle. And I’m not saying this to you, just in general btw. Underdogs have won before. We did against them a few years ago. Granted it was a different situation. But it’s possible. But you as a math guy know the difference between possibility and probability. It’s very possible we win, probable… less than 50% obviously as the underdog.
Yes shutout Boyle in 2019 21-0 at Campbell Field. Justin Haddix was Coach at the time..
Can Corbin’s defense handle the overall team speed of Boyle’s offense? Hard to stop one speed demon, 3-4 of them complemented by a hard nosed RB like Bodner. It’s hard to cover all those bases. Should be a great game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • know1

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.

(11-12-2023, 10:11 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: Can Corbin’s defense handle the overall team speed of Boyle’s offense? Hard to stop one speed demon, 3-4 of them complemented by a hard nosed RB like Bodner. It’s hard to cover all those bases. Should be a great game.
I don’t think anyone in the state can really stop them on O. It’s more of a case of slowing them down to a reasonable output. But Corbin’s O is better than Lex cath and presumably LCA if you judge outcomes (I don’t like it, too many variables at play, but still) and they put some points up on boyle. Boyle don’t have a weakness really on offense. I think our Oline is better than there’s and I think our dline is better than their Oline, but not the offensive in it’s entirety. Boyle does have some weak spots on D. I’m sure anyone that’s watched them knows where it at, so does Corbin, just at a different position. To me, if Corbin wants to win they have to air it out and score some points. 21-28 points isn’t gonna win this game. But Corbin has the ability to put up way more than that. But slowing their O down is going to be a battle. That’s why you need our best athletes on both sides of the ball. 

it might come down to special teams. It pretty much did last year. Someone said BC’s special teams wasn’t all that great! Lol!! Don’t know if he meant bell co, because boyles is awesome. Field PoS could become big. Honestly… I don’t know what you do. Pooch kick to the mid field?? We don’t have the ability to put them in the end zone like last year. Cima is a good kicker though. Hell maybe we should be like that Hs coach in Alabama. Never punt, and always onside. His math actually made sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Danville Blue Devil
of
(11-12-2023, 07:53 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:18 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Hearing Boyle has already sold 1500 tickets to the home fans and are waiting till tomorrow to open it to everyone.
Just got mine and was told 3400 plus already purchased tickets..

I just went to Boyle’s box office to buy tickets and they don’t go on sale until 11/13 8:00AM, can I ask where you purchased yours.
Corbin by a TD
(11-12-2023, 08:18 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.

Yes shutout Boyle in 2019 21-0 at Campbell Field .Justin Haddi x was Coach at the time..

And who was the defensive mastermind that engineered that shutout of Almighty Boyle, when people were saying the Rebs would put up a 40-Burger on Corbin?

According to Boyle’s box office their tickets don’t go on sale until 8:00 tomorrow morning, do you know where the 1500 tickets were bought at?

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.

I agree we are the under(Hound)dog in this one. But a lot of people are talking as if it's a foregone conclusion that we get clobbered in this one. We are the best team, by far, that Boyle has played. I watched them nearly lose at home to a LCA team that couldn't stop a cold. Our defense is much , much better than LCA's and our offense is potentially about as good. If Boyle plays a game similar to the LCA game, Corbin will win. Our biggest disadvantage will not be on the field but on the sidelines.

(11-12-2023, 11:55 PM)Badger Wrote: Corbin by a TD

There's my guy. About time someone took a stand for the Hounds. I think Smoke did, as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
How many teams did Corbin play during the regular season that had over a .500 record?

How many teams did Boyle play during the regular season that had over a .500 record?

Just asking for a friend.
(11-12-2023, 11:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 08:18 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.

Yes shutout Boyle in 2019 21-0 at Campbell Field .Justin Haddi x was Coach at the time..

And who was the defensive mastermind that engineered that shutout of Almighty Boyle, when people were saying the Rebs would put up a 40-Burger on Corbin?
Actually that was haddix idea. Believe it or not. But that came from a player. They ran it against mayfield that year and was getting beat but haddix wanted to keep them in it to prepare for boyle. But that came from a player. Don’t know if it’s true. I don’t know why he would lie about it. But… greers D is good until he plays a good team. Years past ex. JC, Boyle, Franklin…. But I will give him some credit this year. We do blitz. Last year it was the same 4-4 base. Hardly any blitzes. A few different coverages. This year at least we switched it up some. So will give Dudley, I mean Tommy some credit.
(11-13-2023, 12:48 AM)With A Cause Wrote: How many teams did Corbin play during the regular season that had over a .500 record? 

How many teams did Boyle play during the regular season that had over a .500 record? 

Just asking for a friend.
Corbin played 7 opponents with .500+ RPI 

boyle played 8 with .500+ RPI.
I leave BGR for several days on a trip and come back to this. 

I've seen a few comments about how my use of FD as a comparison doesn't matter and how you can't rely upon a team's history to predict how they will do in the future. Apparently, facts, statistics, and data don't mean much in sports analysis. If it is impossible to at least make a prediction based on evidence, then there is a town in the Nevada desert that might want to go back to serving as a simple gas stop. 

I'm not saying a historical synthesis is a guarantee to predict the outcome. If Corbin wins, then I imagine some will come back to this post and exclaim how naive I am to rely upon this data. No one knows how a game will turn out, but we can try to examine how it might turn out. If not, what is the use of BGR?

Boyle and Corbin proved time and again that they are impressive teams. Corbin has an imposing defense, allowing only a total 56 points over 11 games while the Redhound offense scores, on average, 41.5 points a game. Their talented roster and playmakers have been covered by those with more knowledge than me, so I will spare you the rehash. 

I predict Boyle to win. They are the Hydra of 4A. If you manage to shut down Dawson, you'll have to deal with Quisenberry; shut down Quisenberry, you'll have to deal with Bodner; shut down Bodner, you'll have to deal with Driver. Corbin has talent. No one denies this. Boyle just has more at their disposal. 

As an aside, drives through the mountains of North Carolina are exceptional this time of year.

(11-13-2023, 12:02 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:

According to Boyle’s box office their tickets don’t go on sale until 8:00 tomorrow morning, do you know where the 1500 tickets were bought at?

they’ve probably bought fake tickets lolol
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Just looking over the stats for both teams. One thing really jumps out to me: Quisenberry has touched the ball 74 times from scrimmage. On those 74 touches he has scored 25 touchdowns. One out of every 3 times he gets the ball from scrimmage he scores. He has a total of 1162 yards on those 74 touches. So he averages 15.7 yards every time he gets the ball from scrimmage and scores on one out of 3. And that isn't counting the 4 kicks that he has ran back for touchdowns, 2 punt returns and 2 kickoff returns. Corbin has got to keep the ball out of his hands if they want to win this game.
(11-12-2023, 12:30 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Lolol nobody hedges their bets like Corbin fans.

I wish I could take a million dollars to Vegas and tell them to put it in a team to win or lose.

That’s a guarantee hahahaha
I wish I knew which Corbin fans , coaches, or administrators you caught doing squat thrusts in your wife's cucumber patch because you clearly have animus in your heart towards Corbin fans.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Holy Bull
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next