Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
100.00%
Boyd County
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Boyd County 10/27
Pikeville (6-2)
Aug 18, 23 Pulaski County at Corbin (W) 34 - 12  Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Aug 26, 23 Johnson Central home (W) 21 - 14  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 23 Lexington Christian away (L) 13 - 31  LCA Bowl sponsored by eCampus.com 
Sep 8, 23 Raceland home (L) 6 - 7 
Sep 15, 23 Belfry away (W) 40 - 21 
Oct 5, 23 Dohn Community (Cincinnati), OH away (W) 1 - 0 - (forfeit)
Oct 13, 23 Paintsville home (W) 46 - 7 
Oct 20, 23 Hazard away (W) 43 - 7

Boyd County (5-4)
Aug 18, 23 South Point, OH away (W) 46 - 7
Aug 25, 23 Bell County home (L) 41 - 60 
Sep 1, 23 East Carter home (L) 28 - 33 
Sep 8, 23 Mason County away (W) 45 - 21 
Sep 22, 23 Johnson Central away (L) 14 - 53 
Sep 29, 23 Greenup County home (W) 48 - 14 
Oct 6, 23 Ashland Blazer home (L) 15 - 43 
Oct 13, 23 Rowan County away (W) 44 - 18 
Oct 20, 23 Lawrence County away (W) 22 - 14

Recent History
Aug 28, 2010 Pikeville 16 Boyd County 7

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6f6a656543
Could be a trap game!
Boyd playing well, much bigger school, home game...Pikeville hasn't broken a sweat since Belfry game which seems like a year ago...Panthers better be ready or they could get shocked!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Patriot1
Nope. Pikeville rolls in this one…
(10-22-2023, 09:15 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Could be a trap game!
Boyd playing well, much bigger school, home game...Pikeville hasn't broken a sweat since Belfry game which seems like a year ago...Panthers better be ready or they could get shocked!
You must be kidding! The putty tats get big RPI points for beating a bad 4A team
The Panthers will finally get something good to eat besides Texas Roadhouse, and head back with a big W.
(10-22-2023, 09:15 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Could be a trap game!

Big Grin.   Big Grin.    Big Grin.  JP is just messing with us.
Should be a good one. 1A Pikeville with the win

Pikeville 35
Boyd County 14
Pikeville!!!
Pikeville wins but having a month off, playing 2 layups then this game in the 14th region will make it closer than it should be. Pikeville will then likely get 3 layups before state semis.  Will they be ready to play a full game by then?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Patriot1
(10-22-2023, 11:28 AM)Belichick Wrote: Pikeville wins but having a month off, playing 2 layups then this game in the 14th region will make it closer than it should be. Pikeville will then likely get 3 layups before state semis.  Will they be ready to play a full game by then?
Very good point

I think Pikeville wins but this team just beat Lawrence County so they better come to play
I can’t see this game being remotely close. Boyd doesn’t have the defense to contain Pikeville’s running game and outside of getting a fluke big play they won’t have much offensive production. Pikeville with a running clock.
(10-22-2023, 12:14 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 11:28 AM)Belichick Wrote: Pikeville wins but having a month off, playing 2 layups then this game in the 14th region will make it closer than it should be. Pikeville will then likely get 3 layups before state semis.  Will they be ready to play a full game by then?
Very good point

I think Pikeville wins but this team just beat Lawrence County so they better come to play
Ooohhh give me a break! If Boyd is within 3 TD’s Pikeville should drop football.
I watched the 1st half of the Boyd County/Ashland game and the Lions looked pretty good, Ashland ended up putting a smackdown on them in the 2nd half though.

Pikeville hasn't played a team with a pulse since it was 90 degrees outside, I don't think I've ever seen a team have 3 straight weeks of not playing mid-season.
(10-22-2023, 12:55 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
Very good point

Ooohhh give me a break! If Boyd is within 3 TD’s Pikeville should drop football.

Why should we drop football when we keep winning all these championships
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42, Patriot1
Another thing is B Anthony has had 1 carry since the Belfry game and don't see risking injury this week. If the entire offense gets clicking it's all over in Class A, but it seems like August again...
(10-22-2023, 03:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Very good point

I think they should dip football and just let them play in the championship game so they can go watch the Rams beat teams until it means something
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
Panthers by fo-tay!!!!
(10-22-2023, 05:59 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 03:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Very good point

I think they should dip football and just let them play in the championship game so they can go watch the Rams beat teams until it means something
Y’all did that this year….just sit out five weeks hell….why play a regular season game at all?
Going to be some people crying on here in December when they are shown there are levels and the team you support isn’t on that level.
(10-23-2023, 07:54 AM)Belichick Wrote: Going to be some people crying on here in December when they are shown there are levels and the team you support isn’t on that level.
What do you mean December they are all ready crying didn’t you read RAMDAD50 post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
This will be Pikeville’s toughest game until they play Raceland again. In saying that Pikeville 48-20
i like pikeville in this one 35-21
Boyd is not a bad team, they're just not good enough to beat Pikeville. They'll stay within a couple of TD's until sometime in the late 3rd quarter when Pikeville cranks up the beat down.
Boyd is far from a pushover. I don’t expect a game but they have the athletes to make something happen. A mobile QB and receivers to catch the ball can always put some scores on the board. However it might be the worst defense i’ve ever seen in the front 7. Pikeville 52 boyd 20.
I still think Boyd gives Pikeville a fight. Would like to hear MB's take but he has gone dark lol. On the Pikeville side the defense is ahead of the offense and although young already looks like a championship D. On offense I. Stanley took his first carry as a Panther (in 2nd to last reg. season game no less lol) to the house for a 34 yard TD vs Hazard. He joins an already loaded backfield. Should be a fun game Friday against an improving program playing at home coming off a huge win. Plenty of little things to watch for the Panther team.

Pikeville 47
Boyd Co. 20
I say we see a Panther win here, not the time of year that you want to cross paths with Coach Mac's bunch. Boyd is no pushover, but not enough to handle the Panthers

Pikeville 48
Boyd 14
5 wins on the season for Boyd, after moving to a tougher district. Been a good season for them, even though there's no chance of winning this game, would like to see them put a good fight at home.
I'll just leave this here from Calpreps:

Pikeville (KY) at Boyd County (Ashland, KY), 7:30pm [projection and percent chances to win: Pikeville (KY) 31 (74%) Boyd County (Ashland, KY) 21 (26%)]
(10-24-2023, 02:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I'll just leave this here from Calpreps:

Pikeville (KY) at Boyd County (Ashland, KY), 7:30pm  [projection and percent chances to win: Pikeville (KY) 31 (74%) Boyd County (Ashland, KY) 21 (26%)]
There is no way it will be that close.  I would be surprised if there isn’t a running clock by the 3rd quarter.
Jet trying to talk up Pikevilles opponent. At least they found a cream puff larger school this week to play. They couldn’t find one two weeks in a row and decided not to play. Hahah cream puff city