Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 36 Ashland 33
JC gets a massive win to win the district championship.
Congratulations Johnson Central!!
Congratulations to Johnson Central definitely the more fiscal team in this game
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Hound05
Exciting 4th quarter. Congrats JC. Happy for my buddy Coach Jesse Peck and his team, winning the district championship after the season they’ve had battling injuries and a few tough losses.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I guess the JC football program isn’t completely dead and buried yet. They looked pretty physical tonight against the Tomcats.
Some things change…..and some things don’t.

Congratulations to JC. District Champs again. Kitty Cats still climbing that hill.
(10-20-2023, 10:41 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: Some things change…..and some things don’t.

Congratulations to JC.  District Champs again.  Kitty Cats still climbing that hill.
I can’t wait to hear why they lost but Johnson Central look more focused tonight than they have all year
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales
After receiving a ton of criticism and questions Jesse Peck coached a game that Coach Matney would have been proud of.

It was truly a tremendous coaching job. His decision to go for the onside kick to start the 2nd half changed the whole momentum of the game. Then the decision to go for two and make the game a 9 point game was huge.

I think the best coaching though was waiting to use Logan Music until the 4th quarter. Conley, Barnes and Morrow wore Ashland down for 3 quarters and then Coach Peck sent out a fresh Logan Music. Logan has been banged up for weeks but he had some really gutsy runs including the the long touchdown run to seal it.

Big win for JC. Now time to have a week off and get healthy for the playoffs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mr. D's post:
  • Diogenes, Granny Bear, VoR_58
Ashland has a very difficult 2nd round playoff game at Covington Catholic for this loss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales
Congratulations Golden Eagles
Way to go Eagles, yeah !!
The Jesse Peck haters should be silenced tonight!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Woodshed
(10-20-2023, 11:02 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Ashland  has a very difficult 2nd round playoff game at Covington Catholic for this loss.
Road game as well.  Could be a quick exit.
Where are those Ashland fans that told me this team isn’t physical?
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Diogenes, Nygfan106wins
(10-20-2023, 11:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Where are those Ashland fans that told me this team isn’t physical?

Eating a bottle of Aleve on the way back home
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Hound05, Patriot1
Congratulations Johnson Central! Painful loss for my Tomcats, just got manhandled up front. Period. I don't think either team punted and neither team's defense had an answer for the other's offense. Came down to possessions and the call by coach Peck for the on-side kick ended up being the difference.
[-] The following 3 users Like i82much's post:
  • Central Kid, Diogenes, Patriot1
This was a very good game to watch. JC did a great job grinding the clock in the 2nd half and they had the ball for most of the half. Ashland just didn’t have an answer for the power running attack from JC. Special teams hurt Ashland a lot also. I didn’t understand the call to go for 2 in the 3rd quarter instead of just kicking an extra point to tie the game. I felt like that was a big turning point in momentum for the rest of the game.
(10-20-2023, 11:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Where are those Ashland fans that told me this team isn’t physical?

I'm guessing they're the ones that have never actually played football.  This one said no such thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
You had one job putty tats. Thanks for the RPI hit.
[-] The following 2 users Like RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • i82much, Patriot1
(10-20-2023, 11:35 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: You had one job putty tats. Thanks for the RPI hit.
Don’t see this affecting seeds
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Belichick
Good for peck, i think to meet expectations every year in and year out he needs to win the district and he did just that. Great win and great plan. Gonna be a tough out coming up in a few weeks.
This is what district championship games should be. It was a battle between two really good teams. Congrats to Johnson Central.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot
(10-20-2023, 11:34 PM)i82much Wrote:

I'm guessing they're the ones that have never actually played football.  This one said no such thing.
Haha probably. No it wasn’t you though. I watched part of the game. Either way. It was a good one to watch though
Didn’t get to watch or listen but sounds like Ashland D just couldn’t get the stops they needed to make. Ashland scored a TD on every offensive possession and JC all but 2 including taking a knee to run out the clock. It doesn’t look good for either team to make a run without a defense.
Ashlands defense is just not good. Same Ashland as always. Flat and soft on defense. JC was pumped up. Still not a not a team that is physical by JC standards which is just a very high bar. Smart move by Coach Peck to use Music on defense till the 4th. Music has that big play ability. But really needed him to negate some of Ashlands passing. Music is going to be a special running back. Tonight showed he is JCs best running back and will be scary the next two years.
JC is gonna be tougher than a pine knott the next couple years.
I gotta say I was surprised that a few were predicting a blowout win for Ashland. JC doesn’t get to play the underdog role much at home and I think that motivated them to the win.
Never saw this game as a blowout, but I expected better defense from both sides. In my opinion the onside kick to start the second half changed everything and I’m honestly surprised Ashland wasn’t ready for it.
I think it needs to be mentioned that NotsoBADCAT didn't play his normal kick'em where it hurts and take no names defense, last night.. Hopefully he will recover soon from injuries he received earlier in the week at recess. Dont let no body ever tell you they dont have some tough little girls at Ashland Paul Blazer.  Sad Sad Sad