Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central '06
Tell me what you think. Best players, keys to success, etc.
Best Players: Grim, Welch, Taylor, Tackett, and Johnson
Keys to Success: Replace Ron Blume, Sean Music, and the O-Line from last year...Lots of experience last year so the younger guys need to step up to fill the spots
cbls_75 Wrote:Best Players: Grim, Welch, Taylor, Tackett, and Johnson
Keys to Success: Replace Ron Blume, Sean Music, and the O-Line from last year...Lots of experience last year so the younger guys need to step up to fill the spots
What are your thoughts on the Juniors? Which do you think will be the ones to fill in?
cbls_75 Wrote:Best Players: Grim, Welch, Taylor, Tackett, and Johnson

Did last years center graduate last year? That is kinda hard position to fill I would think. Did they not have any of the O-line return? Wow that sounds serious.
JCHS returns their big center ousley! They lost 3 o lineman but they have very suitable replacements. Blume can't be replaced by one player but I believe he will be replaced by 2 or 3 players. More balence in the Eagles offense will also help them. Without any injuries JCHS should play Ashland in wk. 9 for the district championship.
OK2NV Wrote:JCHS returns their big center ousley! They lost 3 o lineman but they have very suitable replacements. Blume can't be replaced by one player but I believe he will be replaced by 2 or 3 players. More balence in the Eagles offense will also help them. Without any injuries JCHS should play Ashland in wk. 9 for the district championship.
district title won't be awarded till second round of the playoffs.
regular season district title will and home field advantage is huge in this game...I thought you knew that? Being at home will be huge in this district
Ratliff is the starting QB for now right? Who would be the back-up QB?
Johnson Central will be a good team but I think there record will be 8-2 losing to Ashland and Mason co. !
blackcat_student Wrote:Johnson Central will be a good team but I think there record will be 8-2 losing to Ashland and Mason co. !

can you explain this......I think JC has the most returning back in the District
Tough Turf Wrote:can you explain this......I think JC has the most returning back in the District
What is there to explain Blackcat just gave his opinion and you take it like it was a slap in the face . I think he was being generous on his opinion . I think they will lose more then two games Now we put out what we think now JC will have to prove us wroung:Clap:.
I am sure that is fine with JCHS as well. Heck for the last two season they have been proving everyone wrong so why change now. JCHS will be fine even with their doubters.
Dawg Family Wrote:What is there to explain Blackcat just gave his opinion and you take it like it was a slap in the face . I think he was being generous on his opinion . I think they will lose more then two games Now we put out what we think now JC will have to prove us wroung:Clap:.
Wow, that was a little strong Dawg....I didn't think either of them was out of the way with what they said...you on the other hand got a little carried away, just my opinion.Rolleyes
tweeter-13 Wrote:Wow, that was a little strong Dawg....I didn't think either of them was out of the way with what they said...you on the other hand got a little carried away, just my opinion.Rolleyes
Yea your right I came off pretty strong on my quote But Blackcats picks on who he thinks MITE beat JC are very realalistic Ashland & Mason will be very capable of beating JC this year and what I was saying is 8 & 2 is a awesome record with the sechdule they have and I just think they might drop another one and even at that 7 & 3 is a really good record. So if I offended any one I'm sorry but this stuff here is just peoples opinions and nothing more were not coaches just people of all age groups and different back grounds with at least one thing in common we all love High School football .:notworthy
the only thing that i know about JC is that they lost the QB from a year ago but they return almost everyone else so things are lookin good for the eagles this year on the grid iron
JC will be impressive in 06
MVP2 Wrote:JC will be impressive in 06
I agree!:thumpsup:
from what i have heard about the jc and belfry scrim. jc is tough at every pos. just about it
JC should be very tough and will be a different team than what teams saw last year. With JK Ratliff at QB the eagles have the ablility they havent had since Casey Music was the QB and that is the ability to throw. But i guarantee you that you will still see quite a bit of the running game just not to the extent that you seen last year. The ability to be a balanced offense along with 8 starters back off of last years defense which was a solid group towards the end of the season makes me believe we will have the team this year that we should have been fielding years make in the Music era. And that team is a team that contends year in and year out for the district and regional crowns.
Dawg Family Wrote:What is there to explain Blackcat just gave his opinion and you take it like it was a slap in the face . I think he was being generous on his opinion . I think they will lose more then two games Now we put out what we think now JC will have to prove us wroung:Clap:.

Proving people wrong is not hard for us...It's actually a recurring theme(at least for the last few years). Every year we listen to all those who say we can't win and every year we use that as fuel for winning.

GO EAGLES!!!!:1: :flame:
i think we will dominate this year with or with out some of our best players this year.we are looking pretty good so far .so we need to keep it up so we can win it all.:football:

:rockon: also paintsville is going down this year!!!!!!!!!!
i agree, but i would get to cocky because the loss of a key player could very well impact the rest of the season
JC should do well this year but I don't think they will dominate. They have some new people in key positions and it may take some time to adjust they also need to stay healthy.
I am sorry JC isnt going to win it all, they arent going to even win the region.
jceagles_rock Wrote:i think we will dominate this year with or with out some of our best players this year.we are looking pretty good so far .so we need to keep it up so we can win it all.:football:

I like you enthusaism but dont you think its a little to early to say that JC is going to win it all. What has JC proven to make you think they are worthy of winning it all. The best football team JC has ever had only made it to the second round of the playoffs. JC has a lot of work to do before thinking they can win it all and that all starts this friday against North Laurel. Maybe after achieving status like the Boyle Counties and Highlands you can make statements like this but JC definately has a lot of work to do.
What a terrible thread!
Merged this one with another JC thread.
jceagles_rock Wrote:i think we will dominate this year with or with out some of our best players this year.we are looking pretty good so far .so we need to keep it up so we can win it all.:football:

Here we go again! Thinking about one team. You need to worry about it one game at a time! Didn't you say the same thing on the Girl's Basketball Thread? I wonder if you posted the same things on the Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Cheerleading, Softball and oh yea I almost forgot, Girls Soccer now also! LOL!! JC should have a pretty good Football team this year and if they focus on the games from week to week, work hard and everyone stays healthy. Yes they do have a Good shot at winning the District. Then it's still one game at a time.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:I am sorry JC isnt going to win it all, they arent going to even win the region.
:thatsfunn
Not going to win at all! hmm.....I would like to know the reason why they are not going to win at all! Your post leads me to believe that JCHS will not win a game. If you believe that than you have, for real, lost your mind.

HAHAHASmile Smile

Thats about all I can do after reading that post
OK2NV Wrote::thatsfunn
Not going to win at all! hmm.....I would like to know the reason why they are not going to win at all! Your post leads me to believe that JCHS will not win a game. If you believe that than you have, for real, lost your mind.

HAHAHASmile Smile

Thats about all I can do after reading that post

You should try to read more clearly. He said they're not going to win IT all, referring to state. There's a huge difference between not winning AT all and not winning IT all.

Everyone knows Johnson Central will be good this year and will challenge for the district and regional title. A state title may still be slightly out of the grasp of the Eagles this season.