Poll: Will the Braves win the NL wild card ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
No
0%
I don't care I'm a Reds fan !
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Braves win the NL wild card ?
???
No chance. The winner of the wild card will come from the NL Central, and will most likely be the Astros with the Reds having a small outside shot. I think the Dodgers pull away in the NL West, but the Padres may keep a good enough record to win it, but I can about guarantee that the winner of the Wild Card will not come out of the East, and it will most definatly not be the Braves.

They're on a good streak right now, but I dont know if they can keep it up. They still have 3 series to go with the Mets, and finish off the season with the Astros. They have a series with the Cards coming up, and if they can take 2 of 3 in that, then maybe I would say they have a chance.
A possibility the Braves not in the playoffs. WOW.. I bet noone seen this coming. I think its time to replace Bobby. He is getting really old.
Well if Chipper and Andrew Jones leep their hitting streak going, they can still win the NL East. But it will take alot of wins from the Braves and alot of losses by the Mets for that to happen.....but it is still possible.

GO BRAVES !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I doubt it, not this year.
With their bullpen, they'll be lucky to finish above .500.....

I dont get all this Astros talk either, they have been very fortunate to get hot in the last two months the last two years to even make the playoffs, that will eventually end, especially with an offense that's pretty sad....

In all honesty, the Reds hold their own fate and the best chance at the card. The west will beat up on each other (I look for the winner to have between 85-87 wins), so if the Reds can get somewhere between 88-90, they'll probably be in the postseason....
I hope they do...
BelfryPride Wrote:Well if Chipper and Andrew Jones leep their hitting streak going, they can still win the NL East. But it will take alot of wins from the Braves and alot of losses by the Mets for that to happen.....but it is still possible.

GO BRAVES !!!

The Mets would have to have a catostrophic meltdown of epic proportion to lose the NL East. They are too good not to win it. The Braves will be very lucky to finish the season competing for the wild-card mainly because they have an awful bullpen. I stand by all my statements even with the beating they put on St. Louis tonight.
the atlanta braves will be in the playoffs this year. i have a stronger feeling that they will win the wild card then the NL east, but you better not count them out. the Mets mya very well find a way to blow it. if the braves keep swingin the sticks like they are, NOBODY will beat them....watch out baseball, here they are again...
They are definatly playing a whole lot better, so I'm hoping they will make it. Bobby Cox does not need replaced
Just read about the Braves 15-3 win over the Cardinals yesterday and just figured I'd post it on here. Thats an impressive win against a good team.
Go Braves!
The Braves have scored 50+ Runs since the All-Star Break and they have been really impressive with McCan and Betitment both the Jones and Rentiria and Francouer! If the get a good trade and get a couple of good Bullpen players the Braves will win the Wildcard !
I will continue to stand by my word, but I will say this. After tonight, I really do think the Braves are putting up some of the best offensive numbers over a 6 game stretch in the history of baseball. Do I think it'll stay that way? No, but it's been amazing to watch
Braves are up on the Cardinals 13-5 ! That dag on bullpen allowed 4 of those runs !
The Braves will not make it. It will be the Reds or Mets
NYY10 Wrote:The Braves will not make it. It will be the Reds or Mets

That doesn't make any sense.
NYY10 Wrote:The Braves will not make it. It will be the Reds or Mets

The Mets have a 13 win lead over the Phillies or Nats ! Thats why I made this thread !
Braves trade Minor Leauge catcher Maximiliano Ramirez for Closer Bob Wickman from the Cleavland Indians ! I hope this guy turns the Bullpen around ! The next game is this evening against the Phillies in Atlanta !
Wickman might make the difference.
alfus21 Wrote:That doesn't make any sense.

what doesn't make sense, the braves anen't going to win it, It will be the Mets..
blackcat_student Wrote:The Mets have a 13 win lead over the Phillies or Nats ! Thats why I made this thread !

oh yea...:rockon:
NYY10 Wrote:what doesn't make sense, the braves anen't going to win it, It will be the Mets..

The thread is asking if the Braves will win the NL Wild Card, not the NL East
Thanks fot clearing that alfus !
Reds got the wild card i pray to god im a big fan of them and i do believe they can hang on and it will even be a close race between them and cardinals for first place to
Tonight in Bob Wickman's Atlanta Braves debut he picked up the save as the Braves won 5-1 agianst the Phillies ! Jeff Francouer had a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 9th to secure the win !
Actually Wickman entered in a non-save situation and just pitched an inning of relief in the 9th. No save, but another good win.
Atlanta just dropped a 3 games series to Florida ! 2-1
I think the Braves will make a run for the wild card lead but i see the Reds winning it
The Braves are still only 6 or 7 games back in the Wild Card after all there losses !