Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
82.35%
Raceland
17.65%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs Raceland 9/15
I’ve heard both I heard that it began as a filler game but turned into a Home/Home two year deal. But idk if that meant this year is year one of the series or last year was. A lot of people seem to think Highlands is on the rise to where they used to be, myself included. They aren’t there yet, but it still raises this question from me.

If Highlands were to lose or at least doesn’t win this game with a running clock, does it cause their stock to go down or the Raceland stock to rise? Because it kind of went both ways with the Raceland/Pikeville game.
(09-15-2023, 05:49 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’ve heard both I heard that it began as a filler game but turned into a Home/Home two year deal. But idk if that meant this year is year one of the series or last year was. A lot of people seem to think Highlands is on the rise to where they used to be, myself included. They aren’t there yet, but it still raises this question from me.

If Highlands were to lose or at least doesn’t win this game with a running clock, does it cause their stock to go down or the Raceland stock to rise? Because it kind of went both ways with the Raceland/Pikeville game.
I don’t think Highlands will ever get back to where they use to be. When they were killing people back in the day they had a lot of kids playing from out of district. I believe the school made some rule where they no longer took in out of district kids. Someone from Highlands can explain better than me but this is what I was told.
(09-15-2023, 06:09 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 05:49 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’ve heard both I heard that it began as a filler game but turned into a Home/Home two year deal. But idk if that meant this year is year one of the series or last year was. A lot of people seem to think Highlands is on the rise to where they used to be, myself included. They aren’t there yet, but it still raises this question from me.

I don’t think Highlands will ever get back to where they use to be. When they were killing people back in the day they had a lot of kids playing from out of district. I believe the school made some rule where they no longer took in out of district kids. Someone from Highlands can explain better than me but this is what I was told.
I've watched a lot of games in NKY and talked with people at several schools and from the conversations I've had it seems like Highlands may have trouble getting to back to their old level because of the growth in the NKY region particularly in Boone County.  This seems to have made it difficult for Highlands to attract the talent that they used to get.  I think Highlands is on the rise but I think with the NKY area spreading wider and creating more parity in where kids can go to school it will make it difficult for them to hoard talent like they had in the past.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • RAMDAD50
Hey Blaze ….who wins tonight between Cov Cath and Beechwood ?
(09-15-2023, 07:03 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Hey Blaze ….who wins tonight between Cov Cath and Beechwood ?
I'm going with CovCath by at least 2 scores.  Beechwood has struggled on defense this year and CovCath has a lot of fire power.  TBH this would have been a good year for the Rams to play Beechwood.  This year is as close to even as we could be with them.

Also RamDad if you ever get the chance you should go to a CovCAth home game. Their environment is one of the best I've been to for HS football.
(09-15-2023, 07:10 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 07:03 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Hey Blaze ….who wins tonight between Cov Cath and Beechwood ?
I'm going with CovCath by at least 2 scores.  Beechwood has struggled on defense this year and CovCath has a lot of fire power.  TBH this would have been a good year for the Rams to play Beechwood.  This year is as close to even as we could be with them.

Also RamDad if you ever get the chance you should go to a CovCAth home game.  Their environment is one of the best I've been to for HS football.
I’ll have to get up there and see one. I’ve got a buddy that lives in Erlanger. We played together back in the day. I’ll have to make a trip and watch a game
Highlands 13 (missed conversion)
Raceland 0

1sr Quarter
This one going to be ugly
Highlands 20
Raceland 0

10:45 2Q
We are outclassed in all phases
Highlands 26
Raceland 0

2:00 2Q
Highlands 26 Raceland 0 halftime
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
End of 3Q

Highlands 33
Raceland 0
I’m sure Raceland can schedule a good opponent instead of getting pounded by Highlands.
(09-14-2023, 03:22 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Am I the only one who things this should and most likely will be a running clock?

Easy Call. People can easily underestimate the value of having quality depth. I don't care how many are on the sideline picking from 1200 kids is much more lucrative than picking from 300.
Take this loss with a grain of salt. We were severely outmanned and out matched in every aspect from coaching to the ball boys. Last year was fools gold lol. We got wore out in the trenches on both sides of the ball, but especially their DL vs our OL. My biggest worry was staying healthy in this game and idk how serious the injuries are, but there were two last night that have to be concerning to the Rams.

All of that being said, we never stopped fighting. And it never seemed like we just laid down or had self inflicted wounds that caused us to lose. They were just simply better than us. They were talented and quick last year, but they are a far more complete team this year.