Poll: Frederick Douglass vs. Corbin
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frederick Douglass
85.11%
Corbin
14.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frederick Douglass at Corbin 9/15
The Broncos of Frederick Douglass makes the trip south on I-75 to take on the Redhounds of Corbin to help open up their new turf at their stadium. This should be one of the better games in the state. Corbin comes into the game at 3-0 in their 3 wins they are averaging 40 points per game while only allowing just over 7 points a game. The Broncos come into the game at 2-1. They have won 2 in row after losing 45-6 to Archbishop Hoban. The two wins were a 17-14 win over Trinity on the road and a 43-0 thumping of Tates Creek last night. Looking forward to this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
I'd love to see Corbin put it to Freddy D. but hey these guys took care of mighty Trinity on the road I think, correct me if I'm wrong. Could the Hounds do that? Yeah I believe they could on a given night however I gotta go with Freddy 24-21.
Not sure if Corbin his ready to play the big boys yet!!!

Frederick Douglass 49
Corbin 14
As much as I’d love to see the Hounds put a running clock on the Broncos it just ain’t gonna happen this year. Opening a new stadium will create tons of hype and excitement and the expectation to Win will be in full gear next week here in the big C.. FD 42 Corbin 21.. This will be the measuring stick for Boyle County. Boyle handled 5A powerhouse Scott County easily last night..Reality is here and we’re gonna find out if we’re good or really good. Go Hounds..
Hounds purty darn good. Corbin 21 Freddy D 20
Frederick Douglass 42
Out of Staters 7
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucas's post:
  • Deuce8
I voted for Fredrick Douglas to win but I don’t think Douglas will blow Corbin out, I’m not sold on Freddy D, IMO they haven’t beat anyone yet but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Corbin win .

Fredrick Douglas 35 - Corbin 21
UPSET ALERT!!!!!!!

Corbin pulls off the MASSIVE upset!!!

Of course several members of the RVC will be on the officiating crew………

???????????
Corbin’s pretty tight on defense but they do not have the offense to compete with Freddy and Boyle yet.

Freddy 34
Corbin 17
(09-09-2023, 08:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I voted for Fredrick Douglas to win but I don’t think Douglas will blow Corbin out, I’m not sold on Freddy D, IMO they haven’t beat anyone yet but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Corbin win .

Fredrick Douglas 35 - Corbin 21

So Trinity is no one Jack?
I am picking Corbin because of the defensive guru that Corbin has will shut down that offense of Freddy D ain’t that right Old School Hound
(09-09-2023, 09:10 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I am picking Corbin because of the defensive guru that Corbin has will shut down that offense of Freddy D ain’t that right Old School Hound

Damn right. Climb aboard the Tommy train(as deviant as that sounds). There's still plenty of room.

I'm gonna think about this one for awhile. I will say that Corbin really needs to open up its spread offense this week. If the penalties, dropped passes, and boring playcalling continues as in weeks 1-3, Corbin loses this one big. Hounds need to make great strides this week in order to compete or win this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Patriot1
36-0 Corbin. No idea how FD blocks the two grizzlies and stops the arm of Man Child Elam. Clock runner.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • HighViz, pjdoug
(09-09-2023, 10:08 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: 36-0 Corbin. No idea how FD blocks the two grizzlies and stops the arm of Man Child Elam. Clock runner.
Please share whatever it is ur smoking!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • BobcatForever, HighViz, With A Cause
Corbin threads just keep getting crazier and crazier.
[-] The following 3 users Like jamesdeane's post:
  • Deuce8, HighViz, Iggyfan
Let’s face it Hatz Trinity is just a shell of their former self , Bob Beatty’s Trinity would have put a running clock on Freddy D this year!!!

If Freddy D goes to Corbin and wins convincingly then I’ll be sold on Douglas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Freddy d 42

Corbin 7
Fans who’re picking FD are oblivious to what happens to out of area clubs when they roll into Tri County Allstar Houndtown Stadium. Douglas will not be leaving Corbin with a W, especially during the grand opening of their new stadium reveal.

Seriously FD would have to be a 4/5 TD favored Team to win this game and their's simply not that much separation, the hounds will be sky high, and the hype will close and overcome whatever point gap FD has.
[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/Cdd7tkbJNuLgA/giphy.gif]

Frederick Douglass aint playing around in this one....

I think this is a defensive battle..

First team past 21 wins.... Smile

Frederick Douglass 28
Corbin 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
Most definitely will be having a ear to this game. Where can I stream the radio call on this game?
(09-10-2023, 11:44 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Most definitely will be having a ear to this game.  Where can I stream the radio call on this game?
https://t1073.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55
(09-10-2023, 11:46 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 11:44 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Most definitely will be having a ear to this game.  Where can I stream the radio call on this game?
https://t1073.com/
Thanks Bull!

Is there a charge for that? Looking that site over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!
Just my two cents, and I’ve not seen FD play, the big difference between this years Corbin team and last seasons that played at Commonwealth stadium is execution. It doesn’t matter what offense we run Friday night if we don’t line up and play some mistake free football Corbin’s in trouble…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(09-10-2023, 12:24 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Just my two cents, and I’ve not seen FD play, the big difference between this years Corbin team and last seasons that played at Commonwealth stadium is execution.  It doesn’t matter what offense we run Friday night if we don’t line up and play some mistake free football Corbin’s in trouble…

Im going to be honest with this statement. Rehounds are loaded with talent. I see it. Im a big fan of Kid Elam. I think Corbin has some of the best receivers in 4A. What I have noticed is Corbin has stayed with the run. Now I know they have a defense that can win most games especially with those Grizzly Bears running loose but something seems off on the offensive side of the ball. I guess where Im thinking last years offense and I see this years version, Im like..............................Still waiting to unleash the arm of Kid Elam. Now, Corbin has to go to the arm of Elam and if they stay with the run, I'll be honest, there toast. But in fairness, I know Corbin doesn't have to do much against there schedule because most the teams are down or just lesser opponents other than Frederick Douglass and Lexington Catholic. But LC seemed down from last year. Frederick Douglass is a unknown for me, I don't get to see what they really are because the game film is just not there. Now watching them last year, they was arguably the best team in the state in week 15. Now I don't really know how this years FD team stacks up with last years FD team. But they are defensively tuff. I think if I would say they have a weekness is putting points on the board. That seemed to be there lull last year in the playoffs. But make no mistake about it, FD aint making the trip to lose. I think Corbin being at Home might be in this game closer than expected but Im curious as to how this one will look. I don't think Corbin has shown there hand on offense just yet. If they do, then I might for Old Schools sake lessen his blood pressure a little and shrink the Margin between 1st and 2cd in 4A. But Ill say it now and I'll say it later. Boyle is on another level this season. I do think Corbin is the 2cd best team in 4A. But to play to Boyles level, That offense is sputtering compared to Boyle. Now Corbins defense, now those boys are the best I have seen because of the Grizzlys. I aint walking in the woods near that bunch..... Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, Deuce8, TD Hounds
This ain't The Farm on Winchester Road, Freddy D. Hopefully the playbook opens up. I have full confidence in the Big Red Defense. The O just needs to score.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
Some of these comments are just plain crazy to me. FD by 3-4 touchdowns.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Iggyfan
I actually have

Fred 24
Corbin 14

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the other way though. Corbin's Defense is the real deal so long as they don't let speed get to the outside. Corners are the weak spot but the twins are college ready right now on the D line and at Edge.
Bio- Med HS (what a joke) - 35
Corbin- 14
Too many athletes and speed “out in space” for Carter G. Corbin has never seen these kind of speed and athleticism before.