Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
75.00%
North Laurel
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County @ North Laurel 8/18
Bell County vs North Laurel on Friday. Thoughts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan
Hmmm. This is the 2 point pick em game of the week. I see alot of Bell County picks so far. I am going to make my pick later this week.
I think Bell County will win a close one. Dudley has a pretty good record when he has a huge line and a great running back, and he has both this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
Well, I have some interest in this North Laurel team. I went to a game last season to root for a few players and dang, I looked around the stands and half the crowd I knew and know there kids. So I have adopted this as one of my teams I am pulling for. Plus, I like Coach Chappell. I consider him one of my sons coaches when he was at Corbin.

You are right about Mr. Hilton. I was looking at his all time records the other day when I looked up Coach Haywoods. To see that these guys are still coaching is mind boggling.

North has a very capable team of putting a whipping on Bell County. What I saw against Covington Catholic can be fixed. Bell County is no Covington Catholic. I think Norths defense is healthy unlike last year when they played. Its not on Log Mountain. North has 3 very good running backs and Gregory will get his yards. The concern was the line play on the offensive side of the ball. Covington Catholic had there way honestly. But after a line change in that 3rd quarter. North flat out put Covington Catholic on there heals and made them punt. Now, it was no fluke, I seen it with my own eyes.

I'll make my prediction later in the week on this one.

I got a side bet on this one, a black coffee vs a unsweet tea. LOL  Smile
  • North laurel Fan
How does the QB play factor in for North Laurel? Seems like no one has mentioned the outgoing transfer to Rockcastle Co. He was a huge part of the offense last year.
I think the transfer qb to rockcastle will make a difference. The DB/Linebacker play at bell is very very good in the pass and helps out a lot in the run. I think Bell can outrun North in a tough game. If they can continue to improve as they did thru the preseason this should be a 2-3 possession game. North has some good athletes but i don’t think they can stop bell if the penalties are held to a minimum.
(08-13-2023, 12:37 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: How does the QB play factor in for North Laurel? Seems like no one has mentioned the outgoing transfer to Rockcastle Co. He was a huge part of the offense last year.

He was a huge part of the offense. But Rockcastle will be a better team with what they want to do with him there. 3A will be fun to watch. As for North, the backup moves up to the starting role. He is a good looking arm and just needs time to throw. They have some nice talent. I think the Bell game will be better than most think.
Let’s go North Laurel………..2pts in pick’em contest forcing me to pick 4th down Bell County
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-13-2023, 02:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 12:37 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: How does the QB play factor in for North Laurel? Seems like no one has mentioned the outgoing transfer to Rockcastle Co. He was a huge part of the offense last year.

He was a huge part of the offense. But Rockcastle will be a better team with what they want to do with him there. 3A will be fun to watch. As for North, the backup moves up to the starting role. He is a good looking arm and just needs time to throw. They have some nice talent. I think the Bell game will be better than most think.
From what i’ve seen, the coaching staff has the new qb in a situation where he will hand it off or have a single receiver route to throw. Maybe one or two passes in these scrimmages has been designed route combos where he makes a read, the rest were dumping it off to the RB quickly or WR screens. I thought it was very chaotic and he was having to run for his life against CC but he seems to have decent legs and composure will grow as the season progresses. I just think that a run first team with that offensive line won’t be able to have success until the QB is involved more in the run with option reads and more play action passing. The receiving core wasn’t very impressive to me either.
ps watched the early part of the CC game on phone and the Mccreary central scrimmage in person
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-13-2023, 03:26 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

From what i’ve seen, the coaching staff has the new qb in a situation where he will hand it off or have a single receiver route to throw. Maybe one or two passes in these scrimmages has been designed route combos where he makes a read, the rest were dumping it off to the RB quickly or WR screens. I thought it was very chaotic and he was having to run for his life against CC but he seems to have decent legs and composure will grow as the season progresses. I just think that a run first team with that offensive line won’t be able to have success until the QB is involved more in the run with option reads and more play action passing. The receiving core wasn’t very impressive to me either.
ps watched the early part of the CC game on phone and the Mccreary central scrimmage in person

Thats slick to watch from the phone. I may have to try that.  Smile I think your phone a friend should have called you back in the 3rd quarter....I actually liked it. I agree, if a line can't block water, then they can't stop a leak.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Gridiron_Raid, North laurel Fan
Bell county 34-16
North Laurel 28
Bell County 21
  • North laurel Fan
(08-13-2023, 03:26 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

Raid.....you just described half the offenses in the state !
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
I bet his eyes were like this watching it on the phone.  Woah
NL definitely has a better chance playing at home, I’m gonna give them the benefit of the doubt especially since I don’t play the pick em, North Laurel by a TD
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
The old Bell County teams under Dudley had a strong running game and lockdown defense, and it looks like they are finally getting close to that. Am I wrong? if North Laurel can't establish a run game early they could be in trouble. I know they've only practiced so far, but the Bobcats have looked solid in preseason. I haven't seen North Laurel play yet, though.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, North laurel Fan
You are absolutely right PJDoug. Trench war will determine the winner in this game. I trust Chappell knows what he wants to do. I’ll be honest when I say this, North looked like a wrecking ball running in the 3rd quarter. I look for a defensive battle myself in this one. It will be a great game.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior, North laurel Fan, pjdoug
This will be a hard hitting game. I'll take the Jags 14-8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 3 users Like ROCKSOLID69's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hi Risk Warrior, North laurel Fan
(08-14-2023, 07:03 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: You are absolutely right PJDoug.  Trench war will determine the winner in this game. I trust Chappell knows what he wants to do. I’ll be honest when I say this, North looked like a wrecking ball running in the 3rd quarter. I look for a defensive battle myself in this one. It will be a great game.

it should be a battle for sure.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
With Tucker gone and now at the Rock the edge in this one even tho it’s at NL seems to lean towards Bell. All indications from all the scrimmages say Bell won’t have much problems in this one. If Tucker was still there I would say NL by a TD but as it is and being that he is gone and has scored or accounted for nearly every TD for NL in the last two meetings especially last year he had all 5 TD passing and rushing without him in the line up NL is just simply out gunned and out scored. Give me Bell
Bell 35
NL 20
(08-15-2023, 12:45 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: With Tucker gone and now at the Rock the edge in this one even tho it’s at NL seems to lean towards Bell. All indications from all the scrimmages say Bell won’t have much problems in this one. If Tucker was still  there I would say NL by a TD but as it is and being that he is gone and has scored or accounted for nearly every TD for NL in the last two meetings especially last year he had all 5 TD passing and rushing without him in the line up NL is just simply out gunned and out scored. Give me Bell
Bell 35
NL 20
I was at the Boyle/Rock scrimmage so don’t even get me started…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • North laurel Fan
(08-15-2023, 04:20 PM)Hi Cowboy42 Wrote:
(08-15-2023, 12:45 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: With Tucker gone and now at the Rock the edge in this one even tho it’s at NL seems to lean towards Bell. All indications from all the scrimmages say Bell won’t have much problems in this one. If Tucker was still  there I would say NL by a TD but as it is and being that he is gone and has scored or accounted for nearly every TD for NL in the last two meetings especially last year he had all 5 TD passing and rushing without him in the line up NL is just simply out gunned and out scored. Give me Bell
Bell 35
NL 20
I was at the Boyle/Rock scrimmage so don’t even get me started…
Your a daisy if you do :-) you must be referring to camp then. We all know how things tend to go at Jabez.
Well....... Smile

[Image: https://37.media.tumblr.com/321d37719e21...o1_400.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, pjdoug
Bobcats played well on scrimmage think they’ll be more physical and win thus game
(08-15-2023, 10:22 PM)KarnivalKat Wrote: Bobcats played well on scrimmage think they’ll be more physical and win thus game

I would like to see some film on the Bobcats.
(08-15-2023, 10:22 PM)KarnivalKat Wrote: Bobcats played well on scrimmage think they’ll be more physical and win thus game
Let me know how physical the outcome is. North beats Bell and Bell beats the brakes of Rock. I’ve heard North may have the most physical defense in 13th Region. A buddy told me he sit and watched entire Covington Catholic scrimmage with North and North Defense just straight nasty and mean. I hope North sends Dudley back to Log Mountain with a big Loss to add to his resume.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
I think this North team is gonna surprise a lot of people!
[-] The following 1 user Likes North laurel Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-16-2023, 11:07 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
Let me know how physical the outcome is. North beats Bell and Bell beats the brakes of Rock. I’ve heard North may have the most physical defense in 13th Region. A buddy told me he sit and watched entire Covington Catholic scrimmage with North and North Defense just straight nasty and mean. I hope North sends Dudley back to Log Mountain with a big Loss to add to his resume.

Who is the defensive coordinator for North Laurel?
(08-16-2023, 12:27 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Coach Chappell and Coach Conley are the defensive minds. Im telling you, I see a mean defense. I may call it the Pitbull.  Smile They got a few kids who plays like pit bulls.....[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/bf12dbed...id=4545829]
  • North laurel Fan
(08-16-2023, 12:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 12:27 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Coach Chappell and Coach Conley are the defensive minds. Im telling you, I see a mean defense. I may call it the Pitbull.  Smile They got a few kids who plays like pit bulls.....[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/bf12dbed...id=4545829]

Did coach Black retire or go with Larkey?