Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bullitt East vs Franklin County Scrimmage 8/11
Bullitt East at Franklin County Friday at 7:00. 

Thoughts?
Franklin County whipped up on Dunbar and Shelby Valley last week. My guess is those two teams are in for long years. Bullitt East I am sure has more kids and size that FCHS. Franklin County has a young team, They honestly were really young last year too, outside of the few more talented seniors they had. Those kids are gone. This team to me is very scrappy and quick. I am anxious to see how they handle this contest tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
Franklin always arises come playoffs and is a team no one wants to play come November. I do like what I saw in that game against Corbin last year. Nice looking team. I’m going to watch them when they play North Laurel in a couple weeks.
(08-11-2023, 09:18 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Franklin always arises come playoffs and is a team no one wants to play come November. I do like what I saw in that game against Corbin last year. Nice looking team. I’m going to watch them when they play North Laurel in a couple weeks.

They had a few kids leave for Shelby County I heard, those kids were talented I know, but hearing they had character flaws. FC will be a bit different on offense this season I think with a good QB transfer.
  • Bull got out!
13-7 in 3 quarters of game action. FLYERS MISSED 3 field goals I think. Seemed to hunker down on d. Moved the ball at times but had trouble finishing. Bullitt East a lot bigger and deep than FC. Few starters sat for the Flyers.
  • Bull got out!
Sounded like a battle.
Both teams have work to do. Saw some good football and saw some opportunities for improvement. Bullitt East definitely had more players but they are probably not deeper. Bullitt East was solid for the most part but offense is going to be a work in progress. They had one player on offense who had started a varsity game before and two oline possible starters out for injury. Not excuses but defense is going to have to carry the day for the first few games. BE has some guys who can play on offense but they are just not together. They need a lot of reps. Just need to go to work.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
Similar for both teams. Good luck this seaosn
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!