Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Breathitt bobcats next coach
(04-23-2023, 11:14 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 10:53 PM)HCS Wrote: Crazy anyone would be so jealous of a high school basketball player to worry about their birth date and how many times they repeated a grade. As long as they don't turn 19 before Aug. 1 NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. Many parents I know plan very early to make sure they start school a little late so they will be 19 as seniors, or they stay back early in grade school if it looks like they are good players. It doesn't really matter if they start late or stay back as long as they don't turn 19 before Aug. 1.
Actually,  its only highly prevalent to hold kids back in this part of the state.  for example East Ky middle schools do very well in state middle school tournaments yet very poorly on the high school level.  To holdback two years only hurts the child in my opinion.

(04-23-2023, 10:50 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 10:35 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 10:19 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 09:46 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: Not sure on which year, but the FACT is he did.  Dj Wagner 17, birth year 2005, Shepard 17 birth year 2005,  Edwards 17 birth year 2005,  All three ‘23 graduates and Uk signees.  Sperry 17 birth year 2005, a sophomore playing e16.  When I say the lower level of EYBL I mean Shepard, Wagner, Edwards etc all play in the e17.  The e16 league is for jv types, not “best of the best”,  maybe for 16 under.  When u see Edwards , Sheppard, etc playing AAU it’s e17 not jv e16 as a soon to be 18 year old
The reason you don't know is because he didn't hold back. 6th grade Jackson City 7th grade Hazard, 8th grade Breathitt. Your fact is not a fact I'm afraid. You should educate yourself on EYBL as well as other things before running off at the keyboard.
He held back at some point during that time period.  Had three kids in the house today that started first grade with him and went all through elementary school with him in the same grade. They were laughing saying that he should be graduating with them this year but instead he’s a sophomore.  No big deal. Just proving a point, was called a liar. He is 17 very soon to be 18, born in 2005 just like most other graduates.  Deny all u want.  My guess is he held back at Jackson City but I don’t know that for sure.  What I do know for sure is his age and rightful graduating class
Well when you keep falsely saying a kid held back when he didn't in an effort to diminish his accomplishments and now you're "guessing " when it was? You're not proving anything except you're not big enough to admit you made a mistake. And if in fact your "3 kids" went through elementary school with him the how could he have held back there as you "guess"?
Honest to goodness , I could care less if he held back five years.  I only continue to prove this to you because u advised me I was making this up.
Why are you on here trying to diminish what he is doing and saying he is double hold back over and over if you don't care? The only reason anyone is calling you out is that you obviously have an issue with the kid and want to let it be known that he is a double hold back. If you really didn't care then why say anything at all?
(04-23-2023, 05:52 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I was told yesterday that Jimmy Ritchie will be interviewed Monday. Any truth to this
Any word on when Keathley will interview for this position?  We have been praying over this way that he will get the job.
(04-24-2023, 04:43 PM)Blackcat Legend Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 05:52 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I was told yesterday that Jimmy Ritchie will be interviewed Monday. Any truth to this
Any word on when Keathley will interview for this position?  We have been praying over this way that he will get the job.
He’s not in the mix
Not heard Keathley name in a while.

Heard another run at Taylor was made this AM, and 2 interviews today and tomorrow. Lee pushing hard for it as well as Combs from Perry. Not heard anything on Bentley either.
Parkway got the job the sack packer
I was at the down at Douthitt tonight and a lot of JC people said We Elites Harold Brashear’s was interested in the job. Always heard he was a good basketball mind. Just first time I had heard his name mentioned.
(04-24-2023, 04:43 PM)Blackcat Legend Wrote:

If your screen name has any meaning, does that mean you hope Braxton Keathley would leave Prestonsburg? I would imagine if Kevin got a coaching job, Braxton would be a package deal. Kind of interesting to read someone from Prestonsburg would want to lose a talented player.
Harold Breasher was a good hand to chew bubble gum
Harold has forgot more basketball than you ever knew Turnover
Why people get on here and hate on teenagers is beyond me. Regardless if Sperry was held back twice or once, he will be eligible to play his senior year, and he is grade eligible to paly 16U basketball. If you don't hold your kids back, that's your decision, but the majority of kids nowadays, are holdbacks. Sometimes it pays off, and sometimes it doesn't. I think it will pay off with Sperry.
Taylor is staying in Letcher. They made him an offer he couldn't refuse. BIG $$$$

Winston Lee and Honeycut are the 2 finalists.

And Sperry IS NOT a double holdback. He has a great birthday and held back 1 time. He will be 18 in a few months (going into his jr year) and turn 19 just before his senior.
(04-25-2023, 10:13 AM)catsrule Wrote: Taylor is staying in Letcher.  They made him an offer he couldn't refuse.  BIG $$$$

And Sperry IS NOT a double holdback.    He has a great birthday and held back 1 time.    He will be 18 in a few months (going into his jr year) and turn 19 just before his senior.

You have to turn 19 after August 1st of your senior year or you can't play.
He’ll be turning 19 a few weeks after school normally starts his senior year, so he’s good. Y’all can end that debate lol
Dukeboy they comedy house down in Tennessee you and Harold both needs to be
By reading your posts of the past, I’d be willing to bet you’ve been there more than a few times.
(04-25-2023, 10:13 AM)catsrule Wrote: Taylor is staying in Letcher.  They made him an offer he couldn't refuse.  BIG $$$$

I have never heard of either. Where are they currently coaching, or have coached in the past?
Yeah I been down there looking for you but must not be able find your way down
(04-25-2023, 02:17 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:

I have never heard of either. Where are they currently coaching, or have coached in the past?
Honeycutt coached Knott and Cordia boys in early 2000's then started coaching girls at some point. Lee coached several years at Letcher and been at Jenkins for a year or two.
Looks like Breathitt botched another hire..
[-] The following 2 users Like Waaaazoooooo's post:
  • Cat Daddy, Night Train
Hire someone young fresh out of college. All them names are all washed up.
(04-25-2023, 10:30 PM)Waaaazoooooo Wrote: Looks like Breathitt botched another hire..
I agree. After doing a little research on both candidates, neither has ever had a winning overall record at any program they have coached at on the boys high school level. Honeycut had a losing overall record at both Cordia and Knott, and Lee has an overall losing record at Letcher and Jenkins. I understand Cordia and Jenkins are difficult jobs, but if you are a good coach, you shouldn't have any trouble building a winning tradition at both Knott and Letcher. These guys may be great coaches, but their records say otherwise. I figured there would be more interest in the job.
I hear Sperry to GRC. Keep hearing that. Probably just hearsay
Overall record in High School Basketball doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to your actually ability to coach basketball. I think with Lee you need to dig deeper, he would do a great job at Breathitt, as would Honeycutt, not everyone gets a handed a great situation to start out their coaching career. I mean look at some of these guys, hell who wouldn't win at some of these programs? You could of grabbed someone from the Breakfast club at Double Kwik in Jackson and won at PCC or Breathitt this year.
(04-25-2023, 11:25 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

And Sperry IS NOT a double holdback.    He has a great birthday and held back 1 time.    He will be 18 in a few months (going into his jr year) and turn 19 just before his senior.

Yeah that’s the cutoff date. Back many years ago when I was in high school the cutoff date was October 30. I had a buddy who was a heck of a basketball player and he couldn’t play his senior season because he turned 19 on October 15. Under today’s rules he would have been eligible.
(04-25-2023, 11:25 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Actually the rule is that you can't turn 19 before August 1st of your Senior year and be eligible to play. Any birthday on or after August 1 is eligible.
A hire has been made. Just not been put out publicly yet. I think it was a good decision especially with a younger breathitt team coming up.
Who was it?
Probably one of the Dads.
Must be ashame to tell Probably trainee
(04-25-2023, 03:30 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 02:17 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:

Honeycutt coached Knott and Cordia boys in early 2000's then started coaching girls at some point. Lee coached several years at Letcher and been at Jenkins for a year or two.
Honeycutt is 99-120 as a boys coach with no wins in the regional tourney. I’ll have my fingers crossed if they hire him. On another note this administration is totally incompetent to do their job. They have known they needed a coach since December yet here we still sit without a coach.

(04-25-2023, 10:30 PM)Waaaazoooooo Wrote: Looks like Breathitt botched another hire..
That’s what they specialize in here at Breathitt. When Jason Mays is available you go after him as hard as you can but they chose to ride it out with Arch Johnson lol. Guy hadn’t been on a basketball bench in 30yrs. Luckily he declined