Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 71 Ft Thomas Highlands 60
Bobcats get it done at home controlling a 21-8 Ft. Thomas highlands team who was scoring 80 PPG on average through the season. Combs finishes hot with 25 while Collins pulls down I assume at least 15 boards. Good game by both teams but I think the bobcats are playing some pretty good ball right now. This may be the most wide open the region has been in a few years
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black Hammer's post:
  • nemo
Good with for the cats. Combs was red hot tonight. Collins is playing great too. Proud of the bobcats tonight.
Congratulations, Breathitt County
Breathitt was back to running an offense tonight and taking good shots. When that happens they’re tough to beat
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • Mountain Monster
(02-12-2023, 11:47 AM)Night Train Wrote: Breathitt was back to running an offense tonight and taking good shots. When that happens they’re tough to beat
Have to agree.  Been impressed with Sperry last several games.  Playing much more under control.  His rebounding has been impressive last half of this season and his defense.   His rebounding allows them to get into transition.  If they would buy into defense would solve a lot of problems. My opinion they should be a pressure defense turn other team over type.  And yes you can play that style and still plau under control. They can go 8 deep. That’s plenty to play Pressvirginia style.
Several Bobcats played well last night especially Collins and Combs but we've seen what they are capable of before. But for me, if you look at how Issac played and the decisions he made? Night and day from before. He established himself as more than just a shooter last night imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Mountain Monster
Breathitt played really well. Collins is a man among boys. Collins is the best overall basketball player in this region.
A man among boys would average about 28/30 ppg and about 15/18 boards a game. His stats that good?
(02-12-2023, 03:13 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: A man among boys would average about 28/30 ppg and about 15/18 boards a game.  His stats that good?
When he wants them to be
Collins is a man under the goal. When they play solid defense, get the ball to the hole and Combs shoots like that the Bobcats will be a tough out for anybody come March!
Collins is the only college player Breathitt has on the team.

He is a man among boys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes spectator 101's post:
  • Mountainparkway
Breathitt could very well win the region if they don’t go to Perry and get caught up in the atmosphere there. It’s going to be wild and they need to feed off the intensity instead of hide
Win some game Man among boys before you declare yourself that. 15 ppg and 8 boards in the 14th region isn’t exactly man among boys stats. Last Man Among Boys was Cameron Justice. Winning don’t lie. Looks like the Hype Train is back on the tracks again in Jtown.
Collins is best player in the region. Man among little boys.
Collins is a dang good athlete. Best since Justin Johnson.
Justin Johnson?
Collins has to prove he can preform against Hazard/Perry. Both teams will be really physical with him in the region if they play.
Watching this game against highlands confirmed my own opinion on Breathitt. When Caden Turner is in the game they are a better team. Glad he got the start on senior night. It also helps that kids are knocking down shots. I will say one thing though, Breathitt better get better getting the ball up the floor when being pressured especially if it’s a close game.
Justin Johnson that went to Perry. Played at WKU and plays in Italy professionally right now. Parkway where the world you been bruh?
Lol ok duke boy. I took a break from sports after around 1990 and just got back into it a couple years ago. I didn’t watch one game for about 30 years
(02-13-2023, 02:58 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Watching this game against highlands confirmed my own opinion on Breathitt. When Caden Turner is in the game they are a better team. Glad he got the start on senior night. It also helps that kids are knocking down shots. I will say one thing though, Breathitt better get better getting the ball up the floor when being pressured especially if it’s a close game.
Turner does his job and doesn’t try to do too much. He is a valuable asset off the bench with this Bobcats team
(02-13-2023, 01:29 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Lol ok duke boy. I took a break from sports after around 1990 and just got back into it a couple years ago. I didn’t watch one game for about 30 years
Please take another break. Thanks
Well since these parents ruined this crop of kids at breathitt I guess I should. I honestly thought this crop of kids could get us back to rupp since 1996, but the non athletic parents think they are qualified nba coaches lol

If they would have kept their noses and opinions out of all the mess they’ve created at breathitt then we all could have been partying at the Hyatt and watching breathitt play at rupp. Thanks a lot night train for destroying you’re boys high school career
lol
You’re not invited to the Hyatt Parkway. Sorry
Hope you didn’t book a room
Yeah we know you’re hoping.
I’m the first to praise these men when they play good. But I’m also the person that will tell the truth on what I see if they stink. I’ve always rooted for the cats. Just think what these players could have done if the parents would have known their roles
Don’t be jealous parkway. The parents are to thank for the success this team has had. Breathitt has no feeder program. No freshman games this year and I think only 10 JV games. I hope I’m wrong but unless Breathitt hires the right coach (which they never do) they’re gonna fall off the map. Screen shot this and get back with me in a couple years
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • Mountain Monster
Night Train, you guys ran off John Noble. Be real.
The parents put the boot to John Noble and the administration let it happen. Then they did the same thing to Arch Johnson
. When you can’t get along with John Noble and Arch Johnson you had better look in the mirror my friends. Breathitt parents are not fit to be in a gym.