Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Scores?
Does anyone have any scores on the All-Star Tourney???
Phelps is now offically out!! ALL the kids played hard. Congrats to those who are moving on!!! State tourney is not far off!!!!!
Wasn't the final game in Pool C rained out? If so, and East Ridge were to beat Prestonsburg, wouldn't that create a three way tie for 2nd place with each team have a record of 1-2. They the ratio of defensive runs allowed, would become the deciding factor. From my count Phelps has given up 22 runs in 3 games, P'burg has given up 24 runs in 2 games and East Ridge has given up 20 runs in 2 games. Phelps has played 19 innings, P'burg-13 innings, and East Ridge 10 innings. Relax PHS 1986, it's not over until it's over, then count again.
My Badd
phs 1986
that game was played, and you're right Phelps is out. How are you going to leave Phelps? PM me
LMAO... Listen to the woman would ya blackknight!!! LOLOLOL..... Tongue
in the first 14-15 year old babe ruth game in pikeville. magoffin beat pikeville 9 to 6
Paintsville and Belfrey will play for the 11/12 Championship on Sunday at 3:00 pm! Should be a great game between two very good teams. Paintsville beat Morgan today and Belfrey beat Pburg! Good Luck to both in the State next week!
Belfry 10-11's also play today @ 5:00... they will be in a double elem. situtation with Knott.... IF they beat Knott, they advance to state... if they lose, they have to play them again.... Good luck to all teams!!!
Belfry's 11-12's won with a score of 7-3 against Paintsville.... their 10-11's are playing the second game today (double header) against Knott.... haven't heard any scores yet on that one!!!
Belfry 11/12's District 7 Champs :1:

Congradulations!!!
Congrats Belfry!!! Now take that state title!!! Big Grin
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Belfry 11/12's District 7 Champs :1:

Congradulations!!!

Congrats.....and continued good luck...TongueirateSho
Does anybody know how the Johnson County Cal Ripken teams did?
phs1986 Wrote:Congrats Belfry!!! Now take that state title!!! Big Grin

Wouldn't that be sweet Confusedhh:
I'm not from Belfry but YES... it sure would!!! Those kids have worked hard this year.... Hopefully they can pull it off!!! :thumpsup:
Yes they have worked very very hard and that would be just wonderful to continue the wins! A dream come true for these kids! and we have a great bunch of kids who would really appreciate the win you know....no bad attitudes. Buy hey, We're thrilled to be District Champs!! We're going to be facing some awesome ball clubs!

Dont matter your not from Belfry Confusedhh: MOST of us Belfry people continue supporting the locals when we get beat out. Heck if we cant have it, we want someone in the mountains to keep it going :1:
Well, I can tell ya this. Belfrey and Paintsville are in a very tough Pool. With Owensboro, Wayne, Paintsville and Belfrey. All four teams a Good. It will take a solid team effort to get out of this pool. Something I noticed the during the tourny. Why does Belfrey only have ten players on their team? I know that there are more kids than that in that league.
Ridge Runner Wrote:Well, I can tell ya this. Belfrey and Paintsville are in a very tough Pool. With Owensboro, Wayne, Paintsville and Belfrey. All four teams a Good. It will take a solid team effort to get out of this pool. Something I noticed the during the tourny. Why does Belfrey only have ten players on their team? I know that there are more kids than that in that league.

Belfry knows we are in a very tough pool! We went to Cambellsville 2 yrs ago and watched/played with the big boys. Its unbelievable whats out there, when you have a large area, tons of kids to choose from, what a team you can put together! :yikes:

As far as 10 players on our team...thats a very sore subject with me, as it is Several other people. Our 9/10 yr olds were mercied first 3 games and that shouldn't have happened either. But by the time you take a SMALL town, do a 9/10...10/11..and a 11/12 yr old team...then subtract the ones going on vacation, and the ones who dont truely have the heart, how many Could you have left......but we have a talented bunch of kids with a great attitude who honestly love the game and do whatever they have to, to play it, with their parents backing them and having them there...:thumpsup:
Belfry kinda got into the same situtation that we (Phelps) did.... Imagine that your a town even smaller than Belfry and only have a VERY select few kids who are staying in town to play all-stars!!! It's a tough thing to have to deal with but you have to remember.... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!!!! Belfry has done great this year as a league as well as an All-star team. Congrats to all those kids, coaches and volunteers who make your program what it is!!!
phs1986 Wrote:Belfry kinda got into the same situtation that we (Phelps) did.... Imagine that your a town even smaller than Belfry and only have a VERY select few kids who are staying in town to play all-stars!!! It's a tough thing to have to deal with but you have to remember.... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!!!! Belfry has done great this year as a league as well as an All-star team. Congrats to all those kids, coaches and volunteers who make your program what it is!!!

:Thumbs:
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Belfry knows we are in a very tough pool! We went to Cambellsville 2 yrs ago and watched/played with the big boys. Its unbelievable whats out there, when you have a large area, tons of kids to choose from, what a team you can put together! :yikes:

As far as 10 players on our team...thats a very sore subject with me, as it is Several other people. Our 9/10 yr olds were mercied first 3 games and that shouldn't have happened either. But by the time you take a SMALL town, do a 9/10...10/11..and a 11/12 yr old team...then subtract the ones going on vacation, and the ones who dont truely have the heart, how many Could you have left......but we have a talented bunch of kids with a great attitude who honestly love the game and do whatever they have to, to play it, with their parents backing them and having them there...:thumpsup:

I know what you are saying. I spoke with one of the Paintsville Coaches the other day and he said that they didn't have 140 kids all together in T-Ball, Coach Pitch and 9 thru 12s. BUT, they still managed to put 13 on their Rosters. So it makes sense to me to not have a 11 yr old team. Put together a strong 9/10 and a 11/12 with 12 to 13 kids. Yes it is for the kids. So why have a team with 3 roster spots open and leave out three kids, if it is for the kids? That just makes it look the opposite. I have watched all the games of the Touney and Paintsville and Beaver Creek each had 13 kids and got them all in. Paintsville even got all theirs in during two 4 inning mercy games when they didn't even have too. Now that appears to be for the kids and now 13 kids get the memory of a State Tourney and not just 10.:thumpsup: That's just My opinion though.
I can understand why that is a sore spot with anybody.

Good Luck to Both Teams in the Tourney. Can't wait to watch.:1:
Ridge Runner Wrote:I know what you are saying. I spoke with one of the Paintsville Coaches the other day and he said that they didn't have 140 kids all together in T-Ball, Coach Pitch and 9 thru 12s. BUT, they still managed to put 13 on their Rosters. So it makes sense to me to not have a 11 yr old team. Put together a strong 9/10 and a 11/12 with 12 to 13 kids. Yes it is for the kids. So why have a team with 3 roster spots open and leave out three kids, if it is for the kids? That just makes it look the opposite. I have watched all the games of the Touney and Paintsville and Beaver Creek each had 13 kids and got them all in. Paintsville even got all theirs in during two 4 inning mercy games when they didn't even have too. Now that appears to be for the kids and now 13 kids get the memory of a State Tourney and not just 10.:thumpsup: That's just My opinion though.
I can understand why that is a sore spot with anybody.

Good Luck to Both Teams in the Tourney. Can't wait to watch.:1:

Thats my opinion also!!! I know its all for the kids!! I know that... BUT THIS part of it is All Stars. Every coach will be bringing the best team they can and try to go as far as they can!! Dont get me wrong, the players we have are great and capable and deserving! Heck one of thems mine, I'm not putting them down, their doing GREAT!!! but there could have been a few more kids riding this win with us and Helping us on through and there was at least one who absolutely Deserved and should have got to experience this District win!! I'm going to zip my lip now LOL

I do want to say Congrats to the 9/10's and to the 10/11's!! They did their best and played hard. All these kids are :1:
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Thats my opinion also!!! I know its all for the kids!! I know that... BUT THIS part of it is All Stars. Every coach will be bringing the best team they can and try to go as far as they can!! Dont get me wrong, the players we have are great and capable and deserving! Heck one of thems mine, I'm not putting them down, their doing GREAT!!! but there could have been a few more kids riding this win with us and Helping us on through and there was at least one who absolutely Deserved and should have got to experience this District win!! I'm going to zip my lip now LOL

I do want to say Congrats to the 9/10's and to the 10/11's!! They did their best and played hard. All these kids are :1:

I understand. Think I'll zip it also. LOL! See ya at State! :howdy:
:thumpsup: See Ya There LOL Confusedhh:
I guess I'll zip mine too!!! Having been around all the kids from Belfry this year and playing each team (my son's team did) I know EXACTLY what you all are talking about!!! LOLOL... and I AGREE!!!! :Thumbs:
phs1986 Wrote:I guess I'll zip mine too!!! Having been around all the kids from Belfry this year and playing each team (my son's team did) I know EXACTLY what you all are talking about!!! LOLOL... and I AGREE!!!! :Thumbs:

LOL :thumpsup:
http://www.williamsondailynews.com/artic...sports.txt

Here is the link to the story in today's WDN... Congrats again kiddos!!!
Here are the district winners for the 11/12 year olds by district.

District 1 - Warren County Southern or Owensboro Southern (game played tonight)
District 2 - St. Matthews American
District 3 - Lexington Eastern American
District 4 - Wayne County
District 5 - Russell County
District 6 - Ashland National
District 7RU - Paintsville
District 7W - Belfry
any word out of district 1 on who won tonite between wcs and os.
Its still not listed on the schedual and I cant find the winner on any other sites either