Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54th District Tournament Draw
If anyone gets the results from the 54th District draw can you post them?

Just saw that they voted to start seeding next season per We Elite.
By a vote of 3-1 Boys 54th will seed going forward.
Leslie/Hazard
Perry/Buckhorn
[-] The following 1 user Likes griffman's post:
  • Bluecat
Leslie vs Hazard
Perry vs Buckhorn
What made them change? I didn’t think Buckhorn/Leslie would ever be for seeding.
Dirty politics is what happened.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CriticalThinker's post:
  • griffman
He should’ve been booted a long time ago…. What a joke!!
politics is why it was a blind draw, politics is why its now seeded
Yup sounds like someone might have a nice payday to vote this way
Should've been this way for a long time.
If there wasn’t illegal recruiting happening in Perry county bluecat id agree with that.
Transferring is going to happen at any level and anywhere, not just here. Kids want to go where they can win just like adults wanna go to a different job to make more money. Maybe not now but all 4 teams in this district as well as others have transfers. Or recruits if you wanna go with that term.
It's about time they switched to seeding. Drawing makes it were the regular season doesn't even matter, the two best teams should advance to the championship its basic logic.
(02-06-2023, 04:00 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Transferring is going to happen at any level and anywhere, not just here. Kids want to go where they can win just like adults wanna go to a different job to make more money. Maybe not now but all 4 teams in this district as well as others have transfers. Or recruits if you wanna go with that term.
I’m only talking about traveling to Philly or New york to yank a kid down here to the mountains. Locally, transfers are gonna happen. I can see that from time to time. Never should adults be going out of state to shop around for kids. Especially big schools.
So how did you feel about Cordia during the Rhodes years Critical Thinker?
terrible. He shouldn’t have done it
They should seed. Politics or not.
Absolutely they should seed. Reward for winning in the regular season. Only losers or competitors in other districts are against it. If you don’t like it then practice harder and win. Simple. Quit relying and depending on handouts
McCoy stuck it to buckhorn looks like  Big Grin
If they seed the district, then seed the region into a super region. That same, win or stay home mentality doesn’t come with everyone when region starts. There are about 2-3 teams that have no business being in the regional tournament every year, but they are in weak districts. Ain’t nothing about a hand out. Some of these teams are working hard and practicing the right way, then come tourney time those same kids are playing a team that is illegally assembled, with kids that they didn’t have to develop. There’s no way an someone can look at a kid in the eyes and say “suck it up” when they see that same stuff year in and year out. Stop going out and buying athletes to be around a couple years and i wouldn’t have a single problem with seeding. and until someone grows a backbone about it, it’ll never stop.
[-] The following 2 users Like CriticalThinker's post:
  • DukeBoy, OhHereWeGo
Only two teams should have voted to seed this District. If one of the other two voted to seed they sold out their team and school. And I understand the arguments about seeding, but on the whole the draw only favors two schools.
I keep seeing people talk about fairness. Why is it ok to tell the top teams they shouldn't be rewarded for having success. If I work 60 hours in my job I shouldn't get paid for 40 to even it out amongst everyone else. That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm clueless about it and should be quiet but that is how I feel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • Mountainparkway
(02-07-2023, 11:30 AM)kai Wrote: Only two teams should have voted to seed this District.  If one of the other two voted to seed they sold out their team and school.  And I understand the arguments about seeding, but on the whole the draw only favors two schools.
Duh
(02-07-2023, 11:45 AM)Bluecat Wrote: I keep seeing people talk about fairness. Why is it ok to tell the top teams they shouldn't be rewarded for having success. If I work 60 hours in my job I shouldn't get paid for 40 to even it out amongst everyone else. That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm clueless about it and should be quiet but that is how I feel.

How fair is life? It's not.
Sure isn’t in the 54th or theyd been seeding 30 years ago.