Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 56 Breathitt County 45
Final
Breathitt has a lot of talent and it shows but they have absolutely NO coaching at all on that bench. They had a great coach in John an the parents ran him off because of kids playing time. Why in the world would the administration allow this to happen.
Kyle will have more region wins in one year than John noble did the entire time he coached there
You could hire Phil Jackson, John Wooden, and Bobby Knight and it would be their fault if Breathitt got beat. Never the kids fault for missing shots, throwing bad passes, playing shitty defense, dumb stupid ass coaches. Breathitt should never lose a game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Mountainparkway
I’ve come to the conclusion that these boys are uncoachable and just atent that good. Overrated low basketball IQ
(02-05-2023, 12:23 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: You could hire Phil Jackson, John Wooden, and Bobby Knight and it would be their fault if Breathitt got beat.  Never the kids fault for missing shots, throwing bad passes, playing shitty defense, dumb stupid ass coaches.  Breathitt should never lose a game.
If Breathitt had the coaches you just mentioned this region would be over today. 

They currently have a football coach that has never coached basketball and they still got a chance to win the region
Whatever, keep blowing them up like you all have the past 6 years. What have they won the past 6 years. Nobody fears the Breathitt Bad Boys. Especially the Hazard Perry Boys. Road runs threw Hazard Perry. Breathitt hasn’t beaten either team.
  • Mountainparkway
Not blowing smoke it just the facts. Breathitt has the most talent but the coaching staff is in over their head. That’s obvious
Can't blame the coaching for this mess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • Mountainparkway
(02-05-2023, 12:38 AM)Wildcat100 Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 12:23 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: You could hire Phil Jackson, John Wooden, and Bobby Knight and it would be their fault if Breathitt got beat.  Never the kids fault for missing shots, throwing bad passes, playing shitty defense, dumb stupid ass coaches.  Breathitt should never lose a game.
If Breathitt had the coaches you just mentioned this region would be over today. 

They currently have a football coach that has never coached basketball and they still got a chance to win the region
You are the problem with these boys. Keep telling them they’re great, oh it’s not your fault, woah is me attitude. Lol your actually what’s wrong with this country. Accept responsibility, man up and salvage the season

(02-05-2023, 12:45 AM)Wildcat100 Wrote: Not blowing smoke it just the facts. Breathitt has the most talent but the coaching staff is in over their head. That’s obvious
You must measure talent by dunking a basketball.
Well hello parkway. How much Haterade have you drunk today? Is your favorite flavor blue? If you can’t see that Breathitt has zero leadership or knowledge from the bench then there is no help for you.
I agree Kyle hasn’t shown any set plays at half court. No movement, no off ball screens. No post play from Collins which they should be doing a majority of the time. The problem I seen with your post is these boys/men are all 18/19 year old adults. They have been playing basketball since they could walk. They play man to man on defense they know how to block out. A little hustle for the 50/50 balls and they should win without a coach if they have as much talent you say they have. All I’m saying is these boys are overrated and it’s time they start accepting some responsibility for how they perform.
Played a bad game. Good team. Breathitt had a hard fought game last night. Winning against letcher. Played a good first half tonight. Seemed to loose their legs and play for theirselves instead of the team tonight. They will get it together come region tourney. Got some tough games coming up next week. Gotta look to the future and not the past. That one is done and in the books. I do agree that they need to go to the post more. Guards gotta understand that’s gonna make the looks from 3 more open. They will get it together.
Overrated? Who has more talent? I agree they need to play better defense and their rebounding is awful. I think Hoskins has already clocked out and headed to Cumberland to play football. He just walking up and down the court. He getting 2 rebounds a game in like the last 5 games. 18-19yr old whatever they still need direction and a game plan from a head coach.

I’d rather have a good coach than a lot of talent.
(02-05-2023, 02:20 AM)Mountain Monster Wrote: Played a bad game. Good team. Breathitt had a hard fought game last night. Winning against letcher. Played a good first half tonight. Seemed to loose their legs and play for theirselves instead of the team tonight. They will get it together come region tourney. Got some tough games coming up next week. Gotta look to the future and not the past. That one is done and in the books. I do agree that they need to go to the post more. Guards gotta understand that’s gonna make the looks from 3 more open. They will get it together.
Agree with a lot of what u said. But teenagers should be in good enough shape to play pickup ball after school play a game then definitely play the day after. Come on it’s 32 minutes long and I very rarely see a kid anymore play hard defense in the right position. They all play standing straight up that’s why they get blown by. But anyways they def need to feed the post with Collins and your boy that will open up more uncontested threes for the guards. We all know combs and the Bellamy’s like their 3 pointers.

(02-05-2023, 02:26 AM)IWildcat100 Wrote: Overrated? Who has more talent? I agree they need to play better defense and their rebounding is awful. I think Hoskins has already clocked out and headed to Cumberland to play football. He just walking up and down the court.  He getting 2 rebounds a game in like the last 5 games. 18-19yr old whatever they still need direction and a game plan from a head coach. 

I’d rather have a good coach than a lot of talent.
Hazard, Perry has more talent. He’s going to pikeville I reckon. Other than them boys being able to dunk the ball I don’t see it. Sperry can drive the basketball but he makes more mistakes than good. Bellamy’s slow and dominates against weaker opponents. Combs shoots about 15 percent on the year from 3. He does play hard defense from time to time. 

perrys day and knight can dunk just as good as Collins and sperry. Beverly is a proven point guard with a basketball IQ way higher than anyone on breathitts team. So you explain to me the talent pool you keep harping about
Collins better than Knight

Are you really taking Rydge over Sperry? Lol Drug test please

Bellamy better than Woods

Sloan is a problem

Day not that great but probably better than Combs

You mentioned Hazard but failed to give any names
Collins is better than knight is it. The rest of them I’d take Perry. Heck yeah Beverly is a better basketball player than sperry. He’d be my number one pick in the region. Proven winner and very rarely makes mistakes. We just agree to disagree but you keep pumping them boys up and they will be fine.
2nd quarter doomed them. 2 points. Had to get certain player minutes to keep parents happy. Why the Hamilton kid never plays is dumbfounding. The Turner kid really helps this team, though off the bench. He a true garbage man. Ball magnet with no ego. First quarter they looked good. Keeping parents happy killed them 2nd quarter. Night and day. No chemistry. Went from team ball to get mine. There’s no other explanation as to why certain kid ever sees the floor, especially over the Hamilton kid. He brings nothing to the floor but turnovers and air balls. It’s not the kids. A good coach manages playing time and attitudes. Nip crap in the bud or send them packing. Turner and Hamilton could start for most teams.
(02-05-2023, 06:11 AM)wannacat Wrote: 2nd quarter doomed them. 2 points.  Had to get certain player minutes to keep parents happy. Why the Hamilton kid never plays is dumbfounding. The Turner kid really helps this team, though off the bench. He a true garbage man. Ball magnet with no ego.  First quarter they looked good.  Keeping parents happy killed them 2nd quarter.  Night and day.  No chemistry. Went from team ball to get mine. There’s no other explanation as to why certain kid ever sees the floor, especially over the Hamilton kid. He brings nothing to the floor but turnovers and air balls.  It’s not the kids. A good coach manages playing time and attitudes.  Nip crap in the bud or send them packing.  Turner and Hamilton could start for most teams.
Agree 100 percent Hamilton and Turner should be starting, and bench the crybabies, and the crybabies parents, that runs to the administration every time they don’t get what they want. Arch was exactly right that some needed to go to put this team where it should be.

Breathitt has NO coach to make these changes or any changes that should be made because Kyle is just trying to please the parents and the kids that run the program.
(02-05-2023, 10:14 AM)spectator 101 Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 06:11 AM)wannacat Wrote: 2nd quarter doomed them. 2 points.  Had to get certain player minutes to keep parents happy. Why the Hamilton kid never plays is dumbfounding. The Turner kid really helps this team, though off the bench. He a true garbage man. Ball magnet with no ego.  First quarter they looked good.  Keeping parents happy killed them 2nd quarter.  Night and day.  No chemistry. Went from team ball to get mine. There’s no other explanation as to why certain kid ever sees the floor, especially over the Hamilton kid. He brings nothing to the floor but turnovers and air balls.  It’s not the kids. A good coach manages playing time and attitudes.  Nip crap in the bud or send them packing.  Turner and Hamilton could start for most teams.
Agree 100 percent Hamilton and Turner should be starting, and bench the crybabies, and the crybabies parents, that runs to the administration every time they don’t get what they want. Arch was exactly right that some needed to go to put this team where it should be.

Breathitt has NO coach to make these changes or any changes that should be made because Kyle is just trying to please the parents and the kids that run the program.
I don’t think either should start , but id like to see Turner with more PT.  The Hamilton kid is definitely in the 7 man rotation in my books.
(02-05-2023, 02:59 AM)Wildcat100 Wrote: Collins better than Knight

Are you really taking Rydge over Sperry? Lol Drug test please

Bellamy better than Woods

Sloan is a problem

Day not that great but probably better than Combs

You mentioned Hazard but failed to give any names
I think Collins had the edge over knight, and when Rydge is healthy, he is a better PG then sperry, yes sperry is more athletic and maybe has the higher ceiling, but at this level Rydge helps a team more at the PG, Bellamy has the edge over woods simply for strength and experience, but woods ain’t far behind, Slone is the biggest matchup problem for Breathitt simply because he shoots the 3 really good and he can get to the rim, Breathitt don’t have anyone to match that, day is starting to play well, give me him over combs, castle and Hoskins are the same type players, rebounders, physical kids that do the dirty work,but  hazard is the team to beat right now, they are good at all 5 positions, it’s gonna be a fun region, glad it’s at home!!

#anchordownandholdon
Sperry play PG? Thought Luke Bellamy did. Has Rydge started any the last 15 games? Thought Woods was the PG for Perry. Haven’t been in a while. Not heard or saw much from Rydge since his injury. I know Perry has played some weaker comp from looking at KHSAA and put some wins together. Gonna be some good matchups in the region. Also heard they are seeding the district now. THANK THE LORD, if it’s true.
Congratulations South Laurel and Coach Davis.
2nd quarter did kill them. Scored 18 points the 1st quarter, only had 2 points the whole 2nd quarter and that was from Turner being in the right place at the right time. I agree 100% that Hamilton should be in the rotation. I don’t think he should be starting, but he definitely should be getting more playing time. From the looks of things, Combs has been in the gym and it has messed with his shot. South Laurel is no slouch of a team either. Breathitt could have beat them but didn’t, but was right there with them. I still say they have a shot at winning region, just as the other 3. Looking forward to post season play.
A little note to the Breathitt fans. South Laurel is no slouch and they are very well coached. They win a lot of games each season and it’s not from a weak schedule.
I'm surprised anyone is criticizing Moore. I thought they looked quite a bit better when I saw them a week or so ago compared to December. Plus, it's not like it's easy to find a coach at midseason. South is always very good. Breathitt still has a shot in the 14th.
They’d criticize Jesus Christ himself
  • griffman
(02-05-2023, 02:19 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: They’d criticize Jesus Christ himself
Man that's the truth. It was a 3 to 5 point game all the way with excellent foul shooting by SL in last couple minutes accounting for the margin.
(02-05-2023, 02:10 PM)HCS Wrote: I'm surprised anyone is criticizing Moore. I thought they looked quite a bit better when I saw them a week or so ago compared to December. Plus, it's not like it's easy to find a coach at midseason. South is always very good. Breathitt still has a shot in the 14th.
NoNo don’t criticize Moore someone that’s in completely over his head and has NO business coaching the basketball team what so ever. BUT let’s criticize John Noble one of the best basketball minds in the state to the point where you bunch of hypocrites ran him off. This makes you all a bunch of genius.
(02-05-2023, 04:24 PM)spectator 101 Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 02:10 PM)HCS Wrote: I'm surprised anyone is criticizing Moore. I thought they looked quite a bit better when I saw them a week or so ago compared to December. Plus, it's not like it's easy to find a coach at midseason. South is always very good. Breathitt still has a shot in the 14th.
NoNo don’t criticize Moore someone that’s in completely over his head and has NO business coaching the basketball team what so ever. BUT let’s criticize John Noble one of the best basketball minds in the state to the point where you bunch of hypocrites ran him off. This makes you all a bunch of genius.
John Noble barely had a .500 winning percentage in four years, and that’s with 5 or 7 cupcake games on the schedule.  I disagree that just because the coaching situation is what it is now, means they should’ve kept JN.  Far from it.  They messed the hiring process up from the beginning. Left with a guy coaching basketball that should’ve been fired as football coach years ago.