Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WYMT Tournament
Who are your alls picks to win the WYMT at Perry next week?
Breathitt
Harlan County
Perry/ Breathitt championship game…

Breathitt wins it all by 12
Breathitt over Harlan Co
I may change my prediction, I don’t know if Perry will get past Betsy lane to even have a chance at Harlan. Watched them last night against magoffin and they just don’t have enough scoring or rebounding to beat a good team. Hopefully they get it figured out by Wednesday. #pccdores
Gonna have to hit the recruiting trail I guess
(12-04-2022, 03:10 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Gonna have to hit the recruiting trail I guess
Nah. It’s early. They’ll be fine, just got some things to figure out.
I think Harlan County is winning this. They have the best player in the tournament in Noah.
I’d say Sperry and Collins about as good as Noah.
(12-04-2022, 06:49 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’d say Sperry and Collins about as good as Noah.
Lol now you just being funny. ?
Perry I think will be fine..Beverly still isn’t 100 and McAlarnis was out as well..you got to think they’ve had a different starting 5 every game including the scrimmages because of injuries or sickness..it will take them some time to figure it out and get use to playing with one another on a consistent basis once everything comes together.
To be honest Noah is the best player in the tourney but after him it can go a bunch of different ways..I mean you got sperry and Collin, you got Carmichael and huff from Harlan, you got Beverly that could fill any of those spots..and I’m sure Martin co and Harlan have some kids as well I’m just not familiar with who they have this season yet.
(12-04-2022, 08:28 PM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote: Perry I think will be fine..Beverly still isn’t 100 and McAlarnis was out as well..you got to think they’ve had a different starting 5 every game including the scrimmages because of injuries or sickness..it will take them some time to figure it out and get use to playing with one another on a consistent basis once everything comes together.
To be honest Noah is the best player in the tourney but after him it can go a bunch of different ways..I mean you got sperry and Collin, you got Carmichael and huff from Harlan, you got Beverly that could fill any of those spots..and I’m sure Martin co and Harlan have some kids as well I’m just not familiar with who they have this season yet.
Yea I think Perry will be fine also, woods has shown to be a very good shooter, and slone has played very well early, once they get Beverly healthy and get day back to being aggressive, they’ll be fine..
Sperry is a D1 player isn’t he? Collins has D1 potential, right? Noah probably didn’t have any more attention than Sperry at this point in Sperrys career. Just saying. A lot can happen. Sperry and Collins are tuff as nails.
(12-04-2022, 08:02 PM)Ole-glory Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 06:49 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’d say Sperry and Collins about as good as Noah.
Lol now you just being funny. ?
He said "about as good". Think Trent is ranked like 10th in the state. But... Breathitt beat them double digits last year with mostly the same players and i think beat them in summer ball in Hazard but not sure.Should be a good tournament.
Bb king and his BREATHITT COUNTY BOBCATS WIN THE WYMT
Are all the games on WYMT, or if not, will they be streamed?
I watched several games at Hazard Saturday evening and BL looked as good as any team over there.    Be a interesting tournament.
(12-05-2022, 07:01 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Are all the games on WYMT,  or if not, will they be streamed?
Guy from WYMT said they would be on the Hazard station (don't think 57) and also online at WYMT.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
I wish this tournament was a little later in schedule like use be in January. Give teams time get rust off. Like Breathitt Co some of main players just started playing because they we’re playing football . But hopefully BB King work his magic like I have seen so many times before and hopefully he worth the money they paid him. In my opinion it was bad hire. He will be there one - two years. Then they’re looking for another coach. Now I think he best coach in the 14 th region and I want see Bobcats make to Rupp but this more likely one and done for BB King at Breathitt.
I don't think anyone had the idea BB King was a long-term hire.
They need to win right now while that group is together.
(12-05-2022, 07:36 PM)Sports72 Wrote: I watched several games at Hazard Saturday evening and BL looked as good as any team over there.    Be an interesting tournament.
I ageee. They look really good.  We gonna have a tough first round game..  Should be a good one!!
Breathitt wins this tournament. They should beat every team 15+. No one in this tournament is close to them. They have the 2 best players in the 14th. They roll over Martin tonight. Roll Cats #catsby90
Breathitt down at the half to Martin County 28-24

Breathitt up 38-35 on MC end of the 3rd.
Top 25 player in the state?
I got to watch most of the Breathitt vs MC game. MC played an extended 2-3 zone and it seemed to give Breathitt problems all game. Sperry isn’t much of a threat from 3 and with Collins and Hoskins both in the lane, there were no driving lanes against the zone. If MC had one more scorer to help Hale, they would have won this game. Slowing Breathitt down with the zone was a great game plan. Sperry needs to work on his shot a lot more before id consider him top anything. If you can’t shoot, then you can be guarded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Mountainparkway
(12-07-2022, 09:01 AM)Grinch1 Wrote: I got to watch most of the Breathitt vs MC game.  MC played an extended 2-3 zone and it seemed to give Breathitt problems all game. Sperry isn’t much of a threat from 3 and with Collins and Hoskins both in the lane, there were no driving lanes against the zone. If MC had one more scorer to help Hale, they would have won this game.  Slowing Breathitt down with the zone was a great game plan.  Sperry needs to work on his shot a lot more before id consider him top anything.  If you can’t shoot, then you can be guarded.
I think Sperry will play at the next level. Mountains basketball is a whole different thing than basketball. Can’t name 5 schools in D1 that run an extended 2-3 zone. Any guess what… MC didn’t have another score. Survive and advance baby. Breathitt on top till their not. Get on the train before it leaves you. #Catsby90
(12-07-2022, 09:01 AM)Grinch1 Wrote: I got to watch most of the Breathitt vs MC game.  MC played an extended 2-3 zone and it seemed to give Breathitt problems all game. Sperry isn’t much of a threat from 3 and with Collins and Hoskins both in the lane, there were no driving lanes against the zone. If MC had one more scorer to help Hale, they would have won this game.  Slowing Breathitt down with the zone was a great game plan.  Sperry needs to work on his shot a lot more before id consider him top anything.  If you can’t shoot, then you can be guarded.
Been saying this about sperry for two years now. I’ve said he has poor shot form and needs to work on it. He’s nothing more than a mediocre athlete in a weak region. Big bobcat is a fool. He will eat a lot of crow if he sticks around. You’re not D-1 ready and this woke environment we live in now dont like to hear the truth.

(12-07-2022, 10:55 AM)BigBadBobcat Wrote:
I think Sperry will play at the next level. Mountains basketball is a whole different thing than basketball. Can’t name 5 schools in D1 that run an extended 2-3 zone. Any guess what… MC didn’t have another score. Survive and advance baby. Breathitt on top till their not. Get on the train before it leaves you. #Catsby90
Gues what? Defenders at the next level actually guard people and a 6’3 guard has to be able to shoot. And breathitt hasn’t been on top since 96 lol.
It’s important to remember that Sperry is just a Sophomore. He doesn’t have to play D1 basketball right now. Now if he doesn’t improve some areas in his game over the next 3 years yes I think he will struggle to play at a high level but that’s 3 years away. The transition to playing for BB from John’s style is the hardest for Sperry. He had complete freedom last season. BB is all about execution and playing under control. When Sperry gets a feel for that Breathitt will take another step forward. It might take a month or so for that to happen. After all he has only been playing basketball for a couple weeks now. Breathitt like most teams aren’t playing at their highest level right now. That’s why I hate the new schedule for the WYMT I always thought you got a better idea of every teams ability when it was played in January.
If I’m not mistaken Sperry took the covid year and rumor has it was already a hold back before that so technically he could be a senior. Am I right about that? If I am then he’s at least 17. So his grade doesn’t really have anything to do with it. Now I could be totally wrong so if I am I apologize. Now you could be on to something about the coaches different styles of play but Cam Justice seem to do okay in BB style.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Mountainparkway