Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 51 Rowan County 47 (EKC Tournament)
Final.
Russell's Zaylen Carter returned from illness after missing the Martin County game. Caleb Rimmer and Roman Mays still out with injuries.
When does Russell expect Caleb Rimmer and Roman Mays back from injuries. Are they out for a long period of time with these Injuries or will they back soon? Caleb Rimmer will be outstanding Player at Russell if he stays healthy and stays at Russell. Rimmer is only an 8th Grader and will become an outstanding player at Russell. When do the expect him back from Injury hopefully soon for Russell.
(12-04-2022, 07:59 AM)david_5164 Wrote: When does Russell expect Caleb Rimmer and Roman Mays back from injuries. Are they out for a long period of time with these Injuries or will they back soon? Caleb Rimmer will be outstanding Player at Russell if he stays healthy and stays at Russell. Rimmer is only an 8th Grader and will become an outstanding player at Russell. When do the expect him back from Injury hopefully soon for Russell.

No Timeline on either kid.
Rowan seems to be struggling. How did the look at this game?
(12-05-2022, 12:33 PM)Bandit29 Wrote: Rowan seems to be struggling. How did the look at this game?

Rowan didn't look bad. I think they will make it to the region Tournament. I think Ashland and Boyd are pretty far ahead of the rest of the region right now. There is still a lot of basketball to be played.

Dashawn Watson(18 Points), Jayson Ingles(16 points), and Coby Wilburn(9 points) all look like nice players. I think Rowan County really misses Chase Alderman right now kind of like Russell misses Brady Bell.
(12-05-2022, 06:18 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 12:33 PM)Bandit29 Wrote: Rowan seems to be struggling.  How did the look at this game?

Rowan didn't look bad. I think they will make it to the region Tournament. I think Ashland and Boyd are pretty far ahead of the rest of the region right now. There is still a lot of basketball to be played.

Dashawn Watson(18 Points), Jayson Ingles(16 points), and Coby Wilburn(9 points) all look like nice players. I think Rowan County really misses Chase Alderman right now kind of like Russell misses Brady Bell.

Fleming and Bath appear to be the favorites in that district right now.  If Rowan manages to make it to the region again, then Thacker has pulled off a great coaching job.
(12-06-2022, 01:34 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 06:18 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 12:33 PM)Bandit29 Wrote: Rowan seems to be struggling.  How did the look at this game?

Fleming and Bath appear to be the favorites in that district right now.  If Rowan manages to make it to the region again, then Thacker has pulled off a great coaching job.

So Far Fleming has played Nicholas County, Fairview,Greenup County. Those are not exactly powerhouses. Rowan has played Mason County,Boyd County and Russell.
(12-06-2022, 02:46 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: So Far Fleming has played  Nicholas County, Fairview,Greenup County. Those are not exactly powerhouses. Rowan has played Mason County,Boyd County and Russell.

That's a good point.  Fleming has not played a tough schedule at all.  We'll find out more about them when they play Russell and Ashland back-to-back in 10 days.
I really like Fleming's style of play especially on the defensive end. That defensive pressure can cause a lot of turnovers which can leads to scoring opportunities. I think Fleming has a chance to have a good year. But those two games against Russell and Ashland will definitely give us a better indication how good they really are.

I think Ashland's guard will handle Fleming's pressure a lot better than Russell's guards. I know its only been a couple games but Ashland's guards look to be solid. Russell looks like they have good size but I think the teams that are willing to extend the floor and pressure them will have a chance to beat them. But only time will tell .... It always does.