Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pikeville 41 Raceland 9 (1A State Championship)
Final.

Pikeville with several big plays and it was never close.
Wow. Congratulations Pikeville!!
I bought in that Raceland could stay within 2 TDs. I failed
Congratulations to Pikeville.
(12-02-2022, 04:30 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: I bought in that Raceland could stay within 2 TDs. I failed

I would have bought into that too.  I think those two quick scores put the Rams on their heels, and they just couldn't recover.
Pikeville needs to move up to 2A. There is no competition for them in 1A. They are just to good for that division. I know Pikeville is losing a bunch of all time great seniors so maybe someone else will have a chance next year.
Yes, congrats to Pikeville on back-to-back championships
Congrats Pikeville!! This team has been on a mission all season long!! That's a total of 7 for the Panthers and a total of 4 under Coach Mac's tenure!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Patriot1
Congrats Pikeville!

What Chris McNamee has built down the road is really impressive. I don’t see them dropping off all that much going forward. 1A belongs to Pikeville.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Humpty Dumpty
Guess who boys!!!!!!!
Wish I could have been first to comment but I was out in the street dancing. I love it. Enjoy the long ride back to lambland. Lmao
Hail Pikeville!

Congratulations to Raceland on a great season too!
Raceland did all they could to try to win this championship. This result tells me what I feared, though. When it’s men vs men, at the end of the day Pikeville just has better athletes. At least I was right about Pikeville not putting a running clock on the Rams.

The good news for the Rams is that Ironton took a dose of reality in similar fashion so they are still in good position for the coming arms race in the off-season. We’ll have to see where all the teams fall out as far as reclassification to see who has the easiest path to play on UK’s field for the next 3 seasons.
I predicted a running clock and boy was I close. 

Congrats to Pikeville, there was never any doubt in mind.

Also congrats to the rams on a great season.
Rams had the dudes. But didn’t have the plan. Imo.
(12-02-2022, 05:00 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Rams had the dudes. But didn’t have the plan. Imo.
I disagree Scotty they have some fine players but Pikeville has some too so both had some dudes I couldn’t wait to get on here and hear the excuses Pikeville was the better team today period
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty, jetpilot
One team looked like they’ve been there before, the other one looked like it was the first time they’ve ever been there. Coaches included.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^^^Raceland had 1 or 2 dudes that might start for Pikeville
You are the guy who said OL and DL were equal and both got blown to bits again
So blame the coach
Men vs boys
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Deuce8
Congrats to Pikeville. The Rams took themselves out of the game early with the 80 yd td to start the game and the fumble returned for a touchdown. The score as time expired before halftime was the dagger. Pikeville was too good for us to make the early mistakes we made and we just couldn’t dig out of the hole. The Rams players have nothing to hold their heads about, you had a great season and made our community proud.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1
I posted this in the game thread at halftime:

I'm I the only one that thinks the end of half TD is on the Raceland coaching staff? Made their guys defend one more play. They should've called a timeout immediately on 4th down.
Allowing Pikeville to run the clock down gave them zero risk at the Hail Mary attempt. Force them to choose between punting or going for the Hail Mary with more time for Raceland if it was incomplete.
Maybe Pikeville would've tried it anyway, but Raceland made it a no brainer decision for the Panther staff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • bac2369
Birchfield was I think 34 carries for 340+ yards and 5 TDs last 2 years vs Raceland
Someone add today’s stats and then explain it to Scotty
Raceland fans somehow thought they would shut him down today
Not to mention Raceland now has 4 TDs in 4 years vs Pikeville defense
But coaching lol
Go ahead say whatever. Doesn’t matter to me. Doesn’t change my feeling on the game. The difference here was culture. Plain and simple and we have a long way to go. The first half we didn’t make plays and got in a hole we couldn’t dig out of against a team like Pikeville. I said if we kept it close we could play with them. We couldn’t do anything inside the 30s. If the scoop and score is a TD and the field goal is a TD it’s a different game. But Pikeville didn’t allow that to happen. Kudos to them. They were better and more prepared.
Pikeville fans can say all they want to. They earned it. Anyone else was sitting at the house this afternoon and the Rams weren’t. Pikeville was as advertised.
Salmons and McNamee could’ve swapped teams at halftime and Salmons would still lose.
I don’t recal me every saying Birchfield would get shutdown.
Pikeville was better from the HC on down.
Still proud of my Rams for getting back to the carpet. A lot of teams would trade places and I still wouldn’t want my boys growing up anywhere else!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Patriot1
Well you’re running out of time to change culture. 6th grade hold back class graduates next year. So y’all better get back on recruiting trail quick!!!
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
(12-02-2022, 05:23 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Go ahead say whatever. Doesn’t matter to me. Doesn’t change my feeling on the game. The difference here was culture. Plain and simple and we have a long way to go. The first half we didn’t make plays and got in a hole we couldn’t dig out of against a team like Pikeville. I said if we kept it close we could play with them. We couldn’t do anything inside the 30s. If the scoop and score is a TD and the field goal is a TD it’s a different game. But Pikeville didn’t allow that to happen. Kudos to them. They were better and more prepared.

Please explain a scenario where you score 9 points and win after Pikeville scores 6 in the first 12 seconds
You have been delusional all year but love you Scotty bless your heart
(12-02-2022, 05:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Raceland had 1 or 2 dudes that might start for Pikeville
You are the guy who said OL and DL were equal and both got blown to bits again
So blame the coach
Men vs boys
The difference in players I saw was the Pikeville players seemed smoother and more refined their movements.  Pikeville was also stronger than us and were able to push us around late in the game when we got tired.  Bottom line is Pikeville was just better and there is no shame in getting beat by a team that has destroyed most of their competition all year.
[-] The following 3 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42, jetpilot
I'll give Raceland's defense credit in the first half. They played good other than the opening play 85-yard TD. The last play of the half was defended pretty decent, and it appeared the Pikeville WR gained a bit of advantage with a tug. I had no problem with it though, because I'm no fan of all the P.I. called in high school.

Pikeville was clearly the better team.