Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone compete with Hazard in the 14th?
Anyone gonna be able to play more than 5 innings with the Dawgs this season?  They got a lot of firepower.
Yes. Estill has put together a loaded schedule and will be in contention. Estill returns a lot from last season who gave Hazard all they wanted in the regional tournament.

Hazard will be hard to beat as well.
Losing Hensley back to Leslie will hurt them a little.
It won't be a cake walk through the region but this year's Hazard team returns the bulk of their line-up and pitching staff. If I am not mistaken I believe they return 5 or 6 seniors who has started since sophomore year. Some would have been in their line-up as freshmen if not for COVID. This group is very experienced and Meehan is still the coach. After this year, there may be a drop due to losing so many seniors. But they won't be out too long. But like I said it definitely won't be a cake walk.

(09-29-2022, 11:24 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: Yes. Estill has put together a loaded schedule and will be in contention. Estill returns a lot from last season who gave Hazard all they wanted in the regional tournament.

Hazard will be hard to beat as well.
Estill is always in the mix. Who all do they return this season? The first round match-up was a classic last year between them and Hazard.
It goes through Hazard and who's enrolled where when Spring ball starts. 

Breathitt, Estill, Wolf, Powell, PCC will be solid. Estill may not have the record, but word is one of the tougher schedules in years to see heat, cutters and better prepared for the tournament run.  Breathitt will compete, Wolf is gaining momentum and Powell and PCC will be ready.

14 Region hot list to watch: Max Johnson, Thomas Forehand, Jonah Little, Mason Macalarnis, Braden Waddel, Hank Pelfry, Corbin Thacker, Sawyer Patrick, Andrew Combs, Jayden Mollands, Brayden Thomas, Jacob Daniels ???? Add to list
Leslie could be a couple of years away from being competitive. 

They have 8 freshmen on their roster. All of which were part of a really good middle school team that won state a few years ago I do believe.
Gus Mullins from Hazard is solid as they come. Braxton Davidson the catcher at Hazard. Issac Bellamy. Wyatt Hensley from Leslie but plays for Hazard.
(10-05-2022, 11:53 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Gus Mullins from Hazard is solid as they come.  Braxton Davidson the catcher at Hazard.  Issac Bellamy.  Wyatt Hensley from Leslie but plays for Hazard.
Wyatt Hensley is back at LC
For now, be back at Hazard for baseball Id say.
(10-05-2022, 02:33 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: For now, be back at Hazard for baseball Id say.
Sounds like you've got an inside scoop so I won't disagree.... well that and nothing surprises me anymore.
No inside scoop. It really isnuntelling
This region belongs to Hazard and Coach Meehan. He's the best coach with the best talent.
That’s one way of putting it baseball Pirate. Until someone can knock them off the top of the mountain nothing anyone can say. To be the best you gotta beat the best.
Didnt Hazard just add Skyler Chaney from perry central. rich get richer

to be the man you got to beat the man. Meehan is the best coach in the mountains hands down
It’s Hazards region to lose. You can bet LCC is already 10x better.
I would say Estill and Hazard are the top 2. It may benefit Estill to get them in the 2nd round of the region to be able to throw their number two starter instead of potentially their number three if they met in the region final. Hazard will have a little more quality pitching depth than Estill.
Estill has Forehand. Who else can break 70?
(11-25-2022, 12:54 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Estill has Forehand. Who else can break 70?
Not sure but the first baseman for estill could be one of the best hitters in the region if he gets more consistent
You talking about TANK? He is a beast if hes the one you are talking about.
(11-30-2022, 04:35 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: You talking about TANK?  He is a beast if hes the one you are talking about.
Yes that’s him
(11-25-2022, 09:36 AM)Pads Down Wrote: I would say Estill and Hazard are the top 2. It may benefit Estill to get them in the 2nd round of the region to be able to throw their number two starter instead of potentially their number three if they met in the region final. Hazard will have a little more quality pitching depth than Estill.
How can you say Estill is 2? Powell didn’t lose any players basically and beat them in the district championship. I don’t pick Powell or Estill in my top 2 but I definitely disagree with Estill at 2.
(11-30-2022, 06:22 PM)14th Official Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 04:35 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: You talking about TANK?  He is a beast if hes the one you are talking about.
Yes that’s him
Heard Hensley is headed back to Hazard as soon as Basketball is over. I look for Letcher Central to be really good this year with Brian Dean at the helm. Hazard, Letcher, Estill, Perry, then Wolfe if I was ranking them.
Hazard is definitely the cream of the crop. Perry and Powell will be more of a problem to the region than they’ll get credit for. Should be an interesting battle in those 2-5 spots all season.
Hazard could easily lose to anyone on any given day. They won the region last year but they sure didn’t put on a hitting clinic by no means. But they are the best team until proven otherwise.
(01-28-2023, 09:33 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Hazard could easily lose to anyone on any given day.  They won the region last year but they sure didn’t put on a hitting clinic by no means.  But they are the best team until proven otherwise.
Hazard plays West Coast baseball, move runners, bunt, put pressure on defenses. Pitch and play defense well. Meehan takes his 9 best athletes and puts them on the field and teaches them winning baseball. How other teams haven’t discovered this and at least tried to duplicate it is beyond me? Instead they all try the same things over and over and keep losing to Hazard. Probably will be more of the same this year. I believe if Wolfe could play their cards right and had a true #1 emerge they could compete with Hazards athletes.
I believe if a team truly learns how to hit the baseball and make routine plays they can beat Hazard.
Teams will have to have a great game to beat hazard. Pcc will be decent. Wolfe will be putting alot of teams on notice. The young kids are getting stronger. Ton of pitchers with 2 throwing low 80's and 1 I think the hollon kid hitting mid 80. Starting 7 freshmen. If they can develop their hitting a little better they can hang with anyone
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diamondchaser's post:
  • PopKorn
Coach Dean will play small ball with the best of them at Letcher. They will be much improved.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • PopKorn
Wolfe gonna surprise a lot of folks this season.