Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 35 Johnson Central 21
That was the best game I’ve ever watched personally. We absolutely layed the wood the JC. And the same in return. This team played as a TEAM. never backed down and never quit. Huge stop at the goal line ( we all know what happened there lol ). It was a bare knuckle fight for 4 quarters. We came focused and on a mission. It was more about proving to themselves and other ppl that they are as tough as anyone. They did just that. Our boys were as focused as my fat cousin going into a Dunkin’ Donuts. I love ya Steve lol. I’ll even give credit to the coaches. Overall they were as ready as you could be. They had a great game plan. Well done. We don’t have to agree with every call or wonder why , but when I can see they’ve put them in a position to win I’ll give them props.

(11-19-2022, 10:52 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: This (Squib) kicking is something I do not understand, unless I'm going crazy years back high school athletes could routinely put the ball in the end zone, then all of a sudden the kick off became the squib kick.  Did coaches start taking the chance on a fumbled ball, or did kids legs get weaker.  I do remember shoes, straps, and other oddities that kickers would use, (Were those banned)  in 1983 we had a kicker that always kicked the ball in or out of the end zone, our D started with 3/4 of the field behind us.  Now offenses normally start with only 1/2 the field to move down to score.  I'd take the real estate to defend, over the chance of a fumble.

(11-19-2022, 10:57 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: That was the best game I’ve ever watched personally. We absolutely layed the wood the JC. And the same in return. This team played as a TEAM. never backed down and never quit. Huge stop at the goal line ( we all know what happened there lol ). It was a bare knuckle fight for 4 quarters. We came focused and on a mission. It was more about proving to themselves and other ppl that they are as tough as anyone. They did just that. Our boys were as focused as my fat cousin going into a Dunkin’ Donuts. I love ya Steve lol. I’ll even give credit to the coaches. Overall they were as ready as you could be. They had a great game plan. Well done. We don’t have to agree with every call or wonder why , but when I can see they’ve put them in a position to win I’ll 
I’m not sure back then kickers routinely put footballs in the end zone. Not many kids can do that. When I played almost all kickers could barely get it to the 20. Unless you were in that special class of players I’ve never seen that. You’ve got something if kids can kick it in the end zone every time. It’s hard to come by. Take this year. Out of all the classes I’d venture to say less than 10 can put it in the end zone or the back of the end zone EVERY time
[-] The following 2 users Like Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!, Corbin
(11-19-2022, 10:57 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: That was the best game I’ve ever watched personally. We absolutely layed the wood the JC. And the same in return. This team played as a TEAM. never backed down and never quit. Huge stop at the goal line ( we all know what happened there lol ). It was a bare knuckle fight for 4 quarters. We came focused and on a mission. It was more about proving to themselves and other ppl that they are as tough as anyone. They did just that. Our boys were as focused as my fat cousin going into a Dunkin’ Donuts. I love ya Steve lol. I’ll even give credit to the coaches. Overall they were as ready as you could be. They had a great game plan. Well done. We don’t have to agree with every call or wonder why , but when I can see they’ve put them in a position to win I’ll give them props.

(11-19-2022, 10:52 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: This (Squib) kicking is something I do not understand, unless I'm going crazy years back high school athletes could routinely put the ball in the end zone, then all of a sudden the kick off became the squib kick.  Did coaches start taking the chance on a fumbled ball, or did kids legs get weaker.  I do remember shoes, straps, and other oddities that kickers would use, (Were those banned)  in 1983 we had a kicker that always kicked the ball in or out of the end zone, our D started with 3/4 of the field behind us.  Now offenses normally start with only 1/2 the field to move down to score.  I'd take the real estate to defend, over the chance of a fumble.

(11-19-2022, 10:57 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: That was the best game I’ve ever watched personally. We absolutely layed the wood the JC. And the same in return. This team played as a TEAM. never backed down and never quit. Huge stop at the goal line ( we all know what happened there lol ). It was a bare knuckle fight for 4 quarters. We came focused and on a mission. It was more about proving to themselves and other ppl that they are as tough as anyone. They did just that. Our boys were as focused as my fat cousin going into a Dunkin’ Donuts. I love ya Steve lol. I’ll even give credit to the coaches. Overall they were as ready as you could be. They had a great game plan. Well done. We don’t have to agree with every call or wonder why , but when I can see they’ve put them in a position to win I’ll 
I’m not sure back then kickers routinely put footballs in the end zone. Not many kids can do that. When I played almost all kickers could barely get it to the 20. Unless you were in that special class of players I’ve never seen that. You’ve got something if kids can kick it in the end zone every time. It’s hard to come by. Take this year. Out of all the classes I’d venture to say less than 10 can put it in the end zone or the back of the end zone EVERY time

I'm going to say on my behalf, I was very impressed with the game plan on the Corbin defense. I thought the coaches had a excellent plan for this game. I am a stickler when it comes to certain things and I can't complain at all about that game plan last night. We were talking about it this morning and just so proud of the Corbin boys stepping up and playing hard. Some big things that stood out was big ISRAEL SUMMERS running down the field to contain a long run that was broke by a JC running back...Man ISRAEL is a beast!  I thought the whole team played awsome! I was really impressed with Combs running, when they needed the big plays he came through. How about Kid Elam? Man he was making stuff happen when you thought there was no way it could go right under the heavy pressure that JC brought. Then Brody "who does everything well" Wells man I love seeing him get the ball in his hands, he is a playmaker and a bad mismatch for anyone to contain... I'm happy for the Corbin players, they are playing some football right now! I am man enough to congratulate the Corbin coaches when they make a very good game plan. I thought it was as good as you could see for the game at hand. I do want to say, I was impressed with Johnson Central. It reminds me of getting stung when I was mowing...Before you know it, you are gotten and running LOL.  They played hard and man, Coach Peck had a nice game plan as well. Great game... Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
Summers is a stud !!! Terrific player, great energy !!! Where is he from originally?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-19-2022, 04:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Summers is a stud !!!  Terrific player, great energy !!!  Where is he from originally?

Frederick Douglass I'm thinking is what I was told..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-19-2022, 04:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 10:57 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: That was the best game I’ve ever watched personally. We absolutely layed the wood the JC. And the same in return. This team played as a TEAM. never backed down and never quit. Huge stop at the goal line ( we all know what happened there lol ). It was a bare knuckle fight for 4 quarters. We came focused and on a mission. It was more about proving to themselves and other ppl that they are as tough as anyone. They did just that. Our boys were as focused as my fat cousin going into a Dunkin’ Donuts. I love ya Steve lol. I’ll even give credit to the coaches. Overall they were as ready as you could be. They had a great game plan. Well done. We don’t have to agree with every call or wonder why , but when I can see they’ve put them in a position to win I’ll give them props.

I'm going to say on my behalf, I was very impressed with the game plan on the Corbin defense. I thought the coaches had a excellent plan for this game. I am a stickler when it comes to certain things and I can't complain at all about that game plan last night. We were talking about it this morning and just so proud of the Corbin boys stepping up and playing hard. Some big things that stood out was big ISRAEL SUMMERS running down the field to contain a long run that was broke by a JC running back...Man ISRAEL is a beast!  I thought the whole team played awsome! I was really impressed with Combs running, when they needed the big plays he came through. How about Kid Elam? Man he was making stuff happen when you thought there was no way it could go right under the heavy pressure that JC brought. Then Brody "who does everything well" Wells man I love seeing him get the ball in his hands, he is a playmaker and a bad mismatch for anyone to contain... I'm happy for the Corbin players, they are playing some football right now! I am man enough to congratulate the Corbin coaches when they make a very good game plan. I thought it was as good as you could see for the game at hand. I do want to say, I was impressed with Johnson Central. It reminds me of getting stung when I was mowing...Before you know it, you are gotten and running LOL.  They played hard and man, Coach Peck had a nice game plan as well. Great game... Smile
I agree with all of it! Both teams played hard. JC was better than what I thought. Like you said. There was enough wood laid last night to build a biblical ark! If a Corbin or JC player isnt sore and hurting, they didn’t get in!  Both did well on D. 

Elam turned a turd into a TD on some of those plays. Not many kids can make those plays happen. Combs was a beast against a team that can really defend against the run. I thought our offense played pretty good. But that wasn’t our best! Credit slowing our run game to JC. That was all them. But our pass game, could have been better. A couple drops, which happen, but it slowed our momentum down which could have opened it up for us. So I’m actually excited about it. To know our O didn’t have a Great game and we can still gut out a win vs a team like the eagles. 

Defense was lights out!! Overcoming what we’ll just call “adversity” and never letting off in the least bit. I can’t speak to other classes. But if you put my life on the line for a goal line stop, I’m picking Corbin everyday twice a day!! People outside of JC fans just don’t know how hard it is to stop them from getting 10’yards in 4 plays. 

coaching actually suprised me. I thought the game plan was solid. I thought they might have passed a little more, our guys were open quiet a bit. They were blitzing a lot too, maybe a screen. That surprised me the most. Didn’t see a lot of them when we run it a lot eberyngame. Maybe they saw something that most didn’t. But overall pretty happy with the plan and the calling. Hopefully they carry it over to Franklin. Because I guarantee coach James is gonna switch it up! Anybody hear yet if any got suspended?
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
Is there a replay stream available for this game?
(11-20-2022, 02:22 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Is there a replay stream available for this game?

T107.3 Redhound Sports is who streamed it, you might call them Monday and see is you can get a link to the stream or pay to view. It’s 5 bucks. But not sure if they do that. We tried to find it this weekend with no luck.
(11-20-2022, 03:23 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 02:22 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Is there a replay stream available for this game?

T107.3 Redhound Sports is who streamed it, you might call them Monday and see is you can get a link to the stream or pay to view. It’s 5 bucks. But not sure if they do that. We tried to find it this weekend with no luck.

Thanks Bull.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
Congrats Corbin. FYI, the remarks about the officials being from Paintsville are humorous. I'm sure a lot from Corbin fans know some of these guys personally as they were from towns like Somerset, Williamsburg, Science Hill, Danville, Russell Springs and one from far far away in Lexington. I think the 7 live on an average of 55 miles from Corbin.
(11-20-2022, 08:48 PM)THOMCAT Wrote: Congrats Corbin.  FYI, the remarks about the officials being from Paintsville are humorous.  I'm sure a lot from Corbin fans know some of these guys personally as they were from towns like Somerset, Williamsburg, Science Hill, Danville, Russell Springs and one from far far away in Lexington.  I think the 7 live on an average of 55 miles from Corbin.
Some questionable refs live all over. But how do you know the crew? I tried looking it up and can’t find who did this game. Coincidental things happen every day, every game. Now the first series on 4th down for JC and we get a roughing the snapper penalty that I’ve never seen called. Ok sure, fine. The same ref once again called a face mask on us when we stopped JC on a goal line stand on 4th. Hmmmm getting a little noticeable. Especially when the kid was already down and the flag came out about 3 seconds later when he didn’t make it. Ok fine, no big deal maybe it happened  but the timing of it, and his late flag started to make people watch. I’m sure Jc will admit they held a lot, we probably did too. There’s a hold on every play. But they never got called once when our guys were Having to spin just to break free. But the first big run we have, we get called for a hold 11 yards behind the play by the same guy. If he did or didn’t hold really doesn’t matter, it was 11 yards behind the play when he did, didn’t affect the play at all. That’s 3 crucial penalties by one guy that not only gave points, but momentum. The icing on the cake for me was when they hit Elam very late after a throw. It was the white hat this time. And it doesn’t matter if it’s 5 or 7 man crew, he keys the QB on that particular situation. He doesn’t look to see where the ball is thrown. But he turned his head knowing he was gonna take a hit,
when he should have kept his eyes on him regardless. Look I get it, calling games is hard. Very hard. And sometimes I think subconsciously officials call stuff because they may be a little biased, but nothing over the top. This guy….  Just hope we don’t get him again. Because 1 coincidence, ok. 2, ehhhh. 3, something is wrong!! I know we still won, but it irks me that those happened like they did. But I guess Loyd mem and BReathitt had some crazy stuff happen too.
(11-21-2022, 02:22 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 08:48 PM)THOMCAT Wrote: Congrats Corbin.  FYI, the remarks about the officials being from Paintsville are humorous.  I'm sure a lot from Corbin fans know some of these guys personally as they were from towns like Somerset, Williamsburg, Science Hill, Danville, Russell Springs and one from far far away in Lexington.  I think the 7 live on an average of 55 miles from Corbin.
Some questionable refs live all over. But how do you know the crew? I tried looking it up and can’t find who did this game. Coincidental things happen every day, every game. Now the first series on 4th down for JC and we get a roughing the snapper penalty that I’ve never seen called. Ok sure, fine. The same ref once again called a face mask on us when we stopped JC on a goal line stand on 4th. Hmmmm getting a little noticeable. Especially when the kid was already down and the flag came out about 3 seconds later when he didn’t make it. Ok fine, no big deal maybe it happened  but the timing of it, and his late flag started to make people watch. I’m sure Jc will admit they held a lot, we probably did too. There’s a hold on every play. But they never got called once when our guys were Having to spin just to break free. But the first big run we have, we get called for a hold 11 yards behind the play by the same guy. If he did or didn’t hold really doesn’t matter, it was 11 yards behind the play when he did, didn’t affect the play at all. That’s 3 crucial penalties by one guy that not only gave points, but momentum. The icing on the cake for me was when they hit Elam very late after a throw. It was the white hat this time. And it doesn’t matter if it’s 5 or 7 man crew, he keys the QB on that particular situation. He doesn’t look to see where the ball is thrown. But he turned his head knowing he was gonna take a hit,
when he should have kept his eyes on him regardless. Look I get it, calling games is hard. Very hard. And sometimes I think subconsciously officials call stuff because they may be a little biased, but nothing over the top. This guy….  Just hope we don’t get him again. Because 1 coincidence, ok. 2, ehhhh. 3, something is wrong!! I know we still won, but it irks me that those happened like they did. But I guess Loyd mem and BReathitt had some crazy stuff happen too.
Not hard to know the crews that’s the first thing I look at before every game.
How’s it not hard? Previous games I’ve recognized some before, but never seen it listed. And this game, never seen any of them before. So how do you know before the game who they are?
KHSAA has a list of playoff officials. Not sure if it’s accessible to only coaches or not but it has a schedule of what refs are where.
Not every bad call went against Corbin and the refs did not prevent Corbin from blowing out Johnson Central. So far, it seems that only one fan believes that was what happened. Corbin made more big plays and fewer mistakes than Johnson Central and Corbin earned the win. Why complain about the refs when your team just won a hard fought victory at home?
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Single Wing 77, TD Hounds
(11-21-2022, 02:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Not every bad call went against Corbin and the refs did not prevent Corbin from blowing out Johnson Central. So far, it seems that only one fan believes that was what happened. Corbin made more big plays and fewer mistakes than Johnson Central and Corbin earned the win. Why complain about the refs when your team just won a hard fought victory at home?
Mainly because they were awful...
(11-21-2022, 02:39 PM)HOFER Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 02:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Not every bad call went against Corbin and the refs did not prevent Corbin from blowing out Johnson Central. So far, it seems that only one fan believes that was what happened. Corbin made more big plays and fewer mistakes than Johnson Central and Corbin earned the win. Why complain about the refs when your team just won a hard fought victory at home?
Mainly because they were awful...
That may be, but they were not from Paintsville or Johnson County and there were some questionable calls against Johnson Central. The refs did not play a big role in the outcome oif the game. Complaining about them or assuming that they were crooked after a 14-point win is not a good look.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Single Wing 77
I just gotta know one thing is it common practice or is it coached into JC players to grab opposing teams privates? Before u say it didn't happen careful I Have VIDEO!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonelfan72's post:
  • Hound05
Every school knows their officiating crew prior to the game, doesn't matter the sport. I just wanted to state that someone should not whine about areas where the officials are not from when they basically live in their part of the state. I did all this without a half page rant about all the calls but I sure we could sit down and watch the film and match bad call for bad call or game altering call for game altering call. You'd be surprised who it favored.
I can’t imagine what you all will complain about when you lose I’m sure the coaching staff, the officials or something in between because the lord knows there’s nobody that’s actually better than Corbin.
I really enjoyed this game... A really good football game between two really hard-nosed, talented teams. I didn't think either team played its best but I thought each played well. Very entertaining game. A lot of superlatives for both teams.
(11-21-2022, 04:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 03:56 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: I just gotta know one thing is it common practice or is it coached into JC players to grab opposing teams privates? Before u say it didn't happen careful I Have VIDEO!
Is it a common practice for Corbin fans to whine after both wins and losses, accuse the refs of cheating and opposing players of playing dirty no matter the outcome of the game? I know that it is a minority of Corbin fans doing all of the whining, but one would be one too many. IMO, it's best to be thankful that the season is continuing and focus on the next game, but I guess some fans just prefer looking backwards.
Says the Person that constantly brought up LAST year hahah. You’re the biggest hypocrite on here. 

and yes Thomcat I realize that there are bad refs from all over the state. I didn’t think they passed a law to confine them to one area yet. 

hoot you just make up bull crap in your own head and then argue for it. No one ever said that it prevented Corbin from blowing them out. Quote it! You won’t because you can’t and it would prove my first point. But I’ll bet the farm you’ll  redirect your thought provoking wisdom into some other tangent that no one ever said. I even said there were bad calls on both sides. I don’t know what else you want me to say, frankly I don’t care, because you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think the refs gave JC at least 7 points.  But please continue with your delusional thoughts because I honestly do love that lol. 

thanks gold. Yea ive got the list of all refs but I guess you have to log in to see where they are stationed. Can you see it?
(11-21-2022, 10:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I really enjoyed this game... A really good football game between two really hard-nosed, talented teams.  I didn't think either team played its best but I thought each played well.  Very entertaining game. A lot of superlatives for both teams.
I agree and I think most Corbin and Johnson Central fans would agree as well - and we don't agree often.  Smile
(11-21-2022, 10:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I really enjoyed this game... A really good football game between two really hard-nosed, talented teams.  I didn't think either team played its best but I thought each played well.  Very entertaining game. A lot of superlatives for both teams.

I'm enjoying it more than you did Smile
(11-21-2022, 10:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
I agree and I think most Corbin and Johnson Central fans would agree as well - and we don't agree often.  Smile

I can't say enough good things about JC. I thought they were terrific.  They made Corbin work very hard for that win. Very impressive. Nothing but respect from me.
(11-21-2022, 10:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:05 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 03:56 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: I just gotta know one thing is it common practice or is it coached into JC players to grab opposing teams privates? Before u say it didn't happen careful I Have VIDEO!
Is it a common practice for Corbin fans to whine after both wins and losses, accuse the refs of cheating and opposing players of playing dirty no matter the outcome of the game? I know that it is a minority of Corbin fans doing all of the whining, but one would be one too many. IMO, it's best to be thankful that the season is continuing and focus on the next game, but I guess some fans just prefer looking backwards.
Says the Person that constantly brought up LAST year hahah. You’re the biggest hypocrite on here. 

and yes Thomcat I realize that there are bad refs from all over the state. I didn’t think they passed a law to confine them to one area yet. 

hoot you just make up bull crap in your own head and then argue for it. No one ever said that it prevented Corbin from blowing them out. Quote it! You won’t because you can’t and it would prove my first point. But I’ll bet the farm you’ll  redirect your thought provoking wisdom into some other tangent that no one ever said. I even said there were bad calls on both sides. I don’t know what else you want me to say, frankly I don’t care, because you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think the refs gave JC at least 7 points.  But please continue with your delusional thoughts because I honestly do love that lol. 

thanks gold. Yea ive got the list of all refs but I guess you have to log in to see where they are stationed. Can you see it?
There you go again. You falsely stated that the refs were from Paintsville and in doing so, you implied that bad calls kept the game close. You spent all season trying to convince yourself and the rest of us that Johnson Central was a weak team. You were wrong. Now that Corbin won a hard fought game, you have nothing much to say but to complain about the refs. That is really sad.
Are you that touched son? Really? Obviously you’re not intelligent enough to detect sarcasm. I didn’t convince myself anything. Because I don’t care what JC is or isn’t. They are about as irrelevant to me as you. Yea I said they are better than what I thought. But guess what? I don’t care, we won, so JC don’t exist anymore to me. But a poorly officiated game where they can still be a factor for another team, does exist. So yea I am complaining about the refs. They missed a lot of calls and made
up some nonexistent one. You don’t go to a restaurant and if the steak was good and everything else horrible just take it for what it is. And I know you wouldn’t, you’d argue with satan that hell isn’t hot enough. So keep on with your delusional thoughts. I know it eats at you so bad that you’re setting at home, and you pretend to take the high road. No one is fooled
(11-21-2022, 10:31 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:05 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

There you go again. You falsely stated that the refs were from Paintsville and in doing so, you implied that bad calls kept the game close. You spent all season trying to convince yourself and the rest of us that Johnson Central was a weak team. You were wrong. Now that Corbin won a hard fought game, you have nothing much to say but to complain about the refs. That is really sad.
Are you that touched son? Really? Obviously you’re not intelligent enough to detect sarcasm. I didn’t convince myself anything. Because I don’t care what JC is or isn’t. They are about as irrelevant to me as you. Yea I said they are better than what I thought. But guess what? I don’t care, we won, so JC don’t exist anymore to me. But a poorly officiated game where they can still be a factor for another team, does exist. So yea I am complaining about the refs. They missed a lot of calls and made
up some nonexistent one. You don’t go to a restaurant and if the steak was good and everything else horrible just take it for what it is. And I know you wouldn’t, you’d argue with satan that hell isn’t hot enough. So keep on with your delusional thoughts. I know it eats at you so bad that you’re setting at home, and you pretend to take the high road. No one is fooled
You were a sore loser last year and blamed your own coaches and you are showing that you can't win with any grace either. Feel free to ignore my posts. I won't be offended at all.  Big Grin
God I love this block button haha. It works almost as good as when the hounds beat LCC and it shut a few individuals up. You’ll have to speak up hoot, I can’t hear you….
(11-21-2022, 10:38 PM)Hound05 Wrote: God I love this block button haha. It works almost as good as when the hounds beat LCC and it shut a few individuals up.
You have been on my ignore list for a few weeks. An added benefit is that it spares me from PMs from trolls.
If we’re gonna continue all this could I finally find out who exactly serves the best chili bun, I’ve been dying for one ever since this nonsense started….
(11-21-2022, 10:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: If we’re gonna continue all this could I finally find out who exactly serves the best chili bun, I’ve been dying for one ever since this nonsense started….

Who wants to have a cook-off? I'm ready. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds