Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 35 Johnson Central 21
Final.

Congratulations Red Hounds!!!
Way to go Hounds! I hope somebody has a water cooled chair to cool that smoked hind end off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Congrats to Corbin. A great game....glad I paid to watch it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hoot Gibson, Hound05, Old School Hound
I’ll give Johnson Central plenty of credit. The was way better than earlier in the season when I saw them. They play hard and are well coached.

Congratulations Corbin!! On the Round 4!

I was so disappointed in some of the penalties but it is what it is.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Old School Hound
Helluva football game. Helluva football team in Johnson Central. Corbin needed a test like this. The Golden Eagles made the Hounds work for it. Congrats to JC for the great game and a terrific season!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
Congratulations Corbin and congratulations Johnson Central on giving Corbin a heck of a game
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old School Hound
Johnson central… stay safe on your way back to paintsville. The referee crew, I hope your heat goes out on your way back to PAINTSVILLE!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Deuce8, Sgt Slaughter
Congratulations to the Hounds and Johnson central you guys played a good game
Is that the first time since 13 or 14 that JC didn’t win a region? Corbin’s only been 4A for a few years but seems like JC has been in the state semis every year for the past decade.

Looks like Franklin County at Corbin next week. Strange things can happen but Corbin should be heading to Lexington in two weeks for that tasty Boyle matchup.
(11-19-2022, 12:07 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Johnson central… stay safe on your way back to paintsville. The referee crew, I hope your heat goes out on your way back to PAINTSVILLE!!
Cmon now if they was from paintsville that score would’ve been closer to your original prediction lol
[-] The following 2 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(11-18-2022, 11:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Helluva football game.  Helluva football team in Johnson Central.  Corbin needed a test like this. The Golden Eagles made the Hounds work for it.  Congrats to JC for the great game and a terrific season!!!!
That early Johnson Central fumble really hurt, but Corbin played a great game. I hope the Redhounds bring a state title back to eastern Kentucky.

It was a great rebuilding season for Johnson Central and they will return most of their line and backfield next season (Carter Conley was starting over Lawson when he was injured in the North Laurel game). Jesse Peck did a great job in his first season as head coach. Johnson Central loses some great seniors but they have a lot of talent returning.

Good luck to Corbin the rest of the way. They earned the win tonight.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
The eagles were better than what I thought. Their rush D was pretty good for the most part of the game. I didn’t wanna jinx it, but I knew their line wasn’t near what they were last year and that was gonna be a big difference play wise.

Corbin had a few dropped balls that would have gave us just about all the momentum we needed to put it away a little earlier. Last year I was worried after that first drive. This year. Never really got that feeling the whole game. I just seemed like we were in control when the defenses were stepping up for both teams. I liked our team never got nervous and our defense just kept holding them for the most part. But next week and the week after, those dropped balls might be the difference in the game. JC sure does look to have a bright future, good luck next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Sgt Slaughter
(11-19-2022, 12:17 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 12:07 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Johnson central… stay safe on your way back to paintsville. The referee crew, I hope your heat goes out on your way back to PAINTSVILLE!!
Cmon now if they was from paintsville that score would’ve been closer to your original prediction lol
Hahaha. You’re prob right. I’m not a fan of that crew they missed a lot tonight, on BOTH sides
My “adopted” team prevails!!!! State title or we fire everybody BUT the sweet cafeteria ladies!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Hahah. I mean at least know the dang rules.

(11-19-2022, 12:25 AM)ROTC Wrote: My “adopted” team prevails!!!!  State title or we fire everybody BUT the sweet cafeteria ladies!!!!
Mama’s pizza on Friday is the best. Lol
Congrats Corbin!!!
I want some MAMA’s Pizza- Sarge! Is that an invite? Are you buying?
Dang what a game. Our D should’ve proved themselves tonight. We played fast , physical  redhound football. I’ve said it since the beginning of the season. This team is special. We’re over that mental hump , Franklin you’re next
[-] The following 2 users Like Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • 64SUR, Hound05
Mr Gibson definitely knew his Golden Eagles better than I did. I had serious questions coming in whether they would be able to keep it close. In fact, there were times during the game where it could have easily gotten away from JC but they never let it happen. Tough-minded, well-coached team. NBR (Nothing But Respect) . JC fans have every reason to be proud of that bunch.
  • Bull got out!
(11-19-2022, 12:29 AM)ROTC Wrote: I want some MAMA’s Pizza- Sarge!  Is that an invite?  Are you buying?
Heck yea I’ll buy. If we can get enough from this site to show up and introduce yourself we’ll tailgate. I was the big loud mouth underneath the press box in my 25 yr old letterman. Lol
(11-19-2022, 12:30 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Dang what a game. Our D should’ve proved themselves tonight. We played fast , physical  redhound football. I’ve said it since the beginning of the season. This team is special. We’re over that mental hump , Franklin you’re next
Sucks we lost our shut out wave, but you’re right. Defense played bigggg to night. I honestly thought JC would have more sacks than we did tackle for loss. Last year was on my mind I guess. Thanks Defense proving me wrong!! They looked like the real hitmen of Lynn camp creek. Oh yea, your boy about owed me a beer. About as in about 6in hahah.  But I’ll let it slide cause he was knocking heads off while being held 90% of the game.  And one of those Kickoffs, I was behind the other goal post but it looked like it had To be right on the goal line and JC was running off the field.
What did you guys think about the Corbin coach's decision to take the points off the board in the fourth Q after the roughing the kicker penalty? I know there is a very high probability of scoring there from the 2 yard line, plus you get to tick off a little more time. However, mistakes do happen and a turnover there gives JC the ball down only one score. Not saying it was right or wrong, just thought it was an interesting call. You know the old saying about never taking points off the board.
  • KnoxvillesFinest
(11-19-2022, 12:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: What did you guys think about the Corbin coach's decision to take the points off the board in the fourth Q after the roughing the kicker penalty? I know there is a very high probability of scoring there from the 2 yard line, plus you get to tick off a little more time. However, mistakes do happen and a turnover there gives JC the ball down only one score. Not saying it was right or wrong, just thought it was an interesting call. You know the old saying about never taking points off the board.
I hated it but it was a good decision, but I didn’t like the fake field goal if I’m a Corbin fan the kids good for it from there and beyond why not take the momentum earlier instead of doing a trick play with a ball that probably felt like a center block with how cold it was tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • TD Hounds
(11-19-2022, 12:47 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 12:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: What did you guys think about the Corbin coach's decision to take the points off the board in the fourth Q after the roughing the kicker penalty? I know there is a very high probability of scoring there from the 2 yard line, plus you get to tick off a little more time. However, mistakes do happen and a turnover there gives JC the ball down only one score. Not saying it was right or wrong, just thought it was an interesting call. You know the old saying about never taking points off the board.
I hated it but it was a good decision, but I didn’t like the fake field goal if I’m a Corbin fan the kids good for it from there and beyond why not take the momentum earlier instead of doing a trick play with a ball that probably felt like a center block with how cold it was tonight.

Thanks for bringing that play up. That's another one that I'd like to hear folks' opinions on.
With our offense. I would have took the yards all day. I think their are exceptions to
that rule haha. The way our D was playing. The time it takes off the clock. It was the right call to me
That was a helluva game tonight. Johnson did about what I expected but that Hound D was just too much. They shouldn’t change their offense but Jc has enough players with skill to have a passing game. I don’t know why they don’t pass outside of definite passing situations.

I was really impressed with the Corbin offense too. They didn’t panic when the passing game wasn’t working early. They knew when to keep going to the well in the running game.

Sarge Jr was his usual dominant self on ST and D but daggone that Summers kid impresses me more every game. I wish we had another year of him. I dont know where he came from but he has been unstoppable on Defense. His motor never quits and God almighty at the speed. He came flying from the opposite side of the field on that long Johnson Central run and ended up ahead of the running back. Put that kid at FB and let him take a few 30 pops to the house.

Next week is going to be a dangerous game. Corbin needs to keep their focus and not get fat and happy. Yes they’ve beaten FC pretty convincingly 2 years in a row despite the games being hyped up. This is still a good team who is getting healthy at the right time. Nobody wants to play a pissed off team that are feeling themselves and looking for some revenge knowing it’s win or go home. This win was nice and hopefully Boyle will be there in Lexington but the team needs to turn all their focus on Franklin Co and stopping Moorman. Is it Friday yet?
(11-19-2022, 12:47 AM)Gold River Wrote:
Gold honestly that’s one of those, if would have worked you probably wouldn’t hear much about it. I’m 50/50 on that one I mean he was open, but I don’t think I could choose if you made me one way or another.

I think that was actually a smart thing to do in this particular situation. Johnson Central just wouldn't go away and thats what championship programs do, they fight. One of my friends next to me kept telling me about the Beechwoods, Mayfields type ball games where they just keep grinding and thats not something all teams do. But JC having the Championship DNA was like the enegizer rabbit, they just kept going. But Corbin, everytime they got some momentum. Boom, big time penalty... The 1 referee beside the white hat, absolutely controled Corbin......Thats all I'll say about that. I know its debatable but Corbin had a nice Goal line stand and for him to call that penaty, really shifted the ballgame. Then Combs had a run and when it got cleared, boom, he threw the flag again and brought it back. From my seat it seemed obvious. Then the turnover on downs that wasn't, looked short and then the spot, but heck. Corbin won and none of that stuff was Johnson Centrals fault, they were just playing hard and in the ballgame. These games will give you heart problems.... LOL.  Smile But I thought when Corbin did that and scored by taking points off the board and then put more points on the board was a move that I like! I know it would have been bad if they wouldn't have scored but man Corbins offense was like ready to explode, JC had just enough grasp all night to keep it from happening.
Don’t JC have a good kicker? I’m not complaining but they tried the same thing SK did for the most part and started out with half the field behind us.
(11-19-2022, 12:55 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I think that was actually a smart thing to do in this particular situation. Johnson Central just wouldn't go away and thats what championship programs do, they fight. One of my friends next to me kept telling me about the Beechwoods, Mayfields type ball games where they just keep grinding and thats not something all teams do. But JC having the Championship DNA was like the enegizer rabbit, they just kept going. But Corbin, everytime they got some momentum. Boom, big time penalty... The 1 referee beside the white hat, absolutely controled Corbin......Thats all I'll say about that. I know its debatable but Corbin had a nice Goal line stand and for him to call that penaty, really shifted the ballgame. Then Combs had a run and when it got cleared, boom, he threw the flag again and brought it back. From my seat it seemed obvious. Then the turnover on downs that wasn't, looked short and then the spot, but heck. Corbin won and none of that stuff was Johnson Centrals fault, they were just playing hard and in the ballgame. These games will give you heart problems.... LOL.  Smile But I thought when Corbin did that and scored by taking points off the board and then put more points on the board was a move that I like! I know it would have been bad if they wouldn't have scored but man Corbins offense was like ready to explode, JC had just enough grasp all night to keep it from happening.
Yea that took a little air out the ball. But regardless, I’m gonna give credit to the D. That was one heck of a stand! You don’t have many teams that can do that to JC any year! Which speaks for Them too!